Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Whoa the makeup on Bess is the most natural looking I've ever seen on a DCC. That's incredible compared to the harsh contours and over-defined brows I usually see them have.

Edited by KellyAnn3

Agreed - this Rosser make up guy seems to be killing it at the shoot this year! His IG cracks me up - he seems like just a really fun, hilarious guy.  But yeah, make up this year seems to be enhancing their beauty more than just making it super glam. 

that said, I do think Kat Dunn's make up looks beautiful, it's just a more over the top style. 

• Love 1

I really love the makeup guy this year, he made the girls look incredible! I want him for myself haha

Robin just put a picture up on instagram saying "Thankful to have spent my last shoot with you two! Ending on a good note I can't believe it's over ... Adios Mexico!"?? Does she mean her last shoot this year or? Very confusing I don't get it lol

Robin just put a picture up on instagram saying "Thankful to have spent my last shoot with you two! Ending on a good note I can't believe it's over ... Adios Mexico!"?? Does she mean her last shoot this year or? Very confusing I don't get it lol

I think she meant last shoot with the vets retiring.  I don't think Robin is going to "retire" after one year on the squad.  At least, I hope not! Robin & Ka'shara are my 2 favorite rookies.

• Love 1

I think she just means that she's glad the three of them had their last photoshoot session together.

I don't think begs answer publically (understandable), but it would be interesting to acknowledge how they handle periods - it's a juggle - lots of times you get the birth control shot that only gives 4 periods a year, or just skip the placebo pills from birth control pills for months, but both really can cause a lot of midsection puffing and bloating, besides messing with hormones.

I always wondered this. But when you think about it, there's a greater chance that they're actually OFF of their periods more than they are ON while performing in the uniform..considering how often they actually have them on. Even with that said, I'm sure they aren't doing anything other than using tampons and any other extra protection that isn't too bulky.

Melissa was the last live chat yesterday, and I do believe today is the last day of the calendar shoot. I hope the girls did not drink the one juice for most of their meals before the calendar shoot. I do not understand why Kelli and Judy would think this is healthy for the girls. Yes, the girls need to be trim and fit, but a well balanced diet and exercising can do the job instead of a certain juice. I think Caila looks great. She worked hard to make it back last year, and I will not be surprise if she is working hard to come back for her third year.

It really isn't healthy at all. But hey, I guess chewing actual food means more calories to her.

Has it been 10 days already? Doesn't seem like it. I'm also one that thinks Caila looks great, she looks better than I did at her age more toned and fit I was just skinny lol

She does look great. I think what people are aiming at is that 1) there is a noticeable difference and 2) while she looks impeccable in general standards, DCC seems to be VERY particular about even the slightest bit of "heaviness" in their girls.

Pretty sure she meant the last of her shoots on this trip.

• Love 2
I don't think begs answer publically (understandable), but it would be interesting to acknowledge how they handle periods

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about that. I would be so nervous about wearing those shorts during TOM. Especially doing high kicks and splits! And I'd be worried that I'd get blood on that white fabric and not be able to get it out. What kind of fabric is that, anyway?

She does look great. I think what people are aiming at is that 1) there is a noticeable difference and 2) while she looks impeccable in general standards, DCC seems to be VERY particular about even the slightest bit of "heaviness" in their girls.

Yeah, I think if she was coming in as a rookie at her current size, she'd be fine. She looks good. It's the fact that she's changed that's the problem. Change is not allowed. It reminds me of something I read about the old Playboy clubs and the women who wore those bunny costumes and worked there. They'll take your costume in, but they'll never ever let it out. In DCC-land, there's no excuse for weight gain. Not even growing up.

• Love 2

The thing about calia is her entire body is just fuller/ larger. I don't think think she looks good. Her muscles look full/puffy not defined.

I'm so excited for tryouts!!! I love hearing from you all who has made it etc!!!

• Love 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about that. I would be so nervous about wearing those shorts during TOM. Especially doing high kicks and splits! And I'd be worried that I'd get blood on that white fabric and not be able to get it out. What kind of fabric is that, anyway?

I always imagine what kind of nightmare it must be do be doing a kick and the photog gets a picture of a stain..yikes!

I totally bet those girls, for the ones who are even getting period because I would imagine some don't with the restrictive eating, just takebirth control without placebos straight through the season. I mean, there is no way, unless "light flow" is some sort of secret DCC requirement. Even with the world's most absorbent tampon, with all that movement, something is bound to happen.

I would imagine many would be on birth control such as the ones that allow the person to have no periods for 365.

I seriously doubt that. It's really not that serious for the 7 or 8 games they perform in and the other few performances/appearances they have. They're women. I'm sure they manage the way we all do. 

Eh, I think it is pretty serious with the way the uniform is. If anything they might control when they do have their periods with birth control. As many women that take birth control to not have periods these days, I can't imagine that the DCC rule it out.

my college team had three sets for football - one was black jazz pants with a halter top, one was a sort of short tank dress with black spankies and the third was a cropped short sleeve with a white skirt. We hated the white skirt because it looked too cheerleadery and it was white. Even eith dance tights under, and white spankies, we hated it, especially during periods.

Now the DCC today have fewer games than a college team or basketball dancers, and they also have much leaner girls, which usually means a decrease in menstruation. I'd guess they still do something with bc to schedule things around non-game times. There's no way you'd risk irregular periods, even stating a day early, or periods in those uniforms. High def cameras and fast lenses capture every move so precisely now, that all it would take is the appear ac of one string and it would foreseen be emblazoned on social media.

Yeah, the girls aren't getting periods in those uniforms. There is no way. If I, who never has an occasion to wear basically white bikini bottoms in public, and manipulate my period with pills for things like vacations and races, they definitely are doing it. If they are even getting their period.

During one of my years as a cheerleader we had all white uniforms. At any given time, one of us was on our periods and we wore tampons with the string tucked in. At halftime, we would go change and we never had any issues. It really wasn't that big of a deal. I'm sure they've all had years of experience performing in tiny uniforms and know how to deal with menstruation.

• Love 1

During one of my years as a cheerleader we had all white uniforms. At any given time, one of us was on our periods and we wore tampons with the string tucked in. At halftime, we would go change and we never had any issues. It really wasn't that big of a deal. I'm sure they've all had years of experience performing in tiny uniforms and know how to deal with menstruation.

The first year I cheered, we wore white bottoms under our white uniform/white skirt (switched to black in subsequent years, thank god). Similarly, we never had issues and someone was always on their period, but our uniforms were nowhere near as tiny as the DCC shorts. We could easily wear underwear under the bottoms. I've always wondered if the DCCs even wear underwear, or if they just go with tights and the white shorts. I honestly can't imagine that these women are not skipping their periods (given how easy it is to do on bc) given those tiny, white shorts. 

• Love 1

The first year I cheered, we wore white bottoms under our white uniform/white skirt (switched to black in subsequent years, thank god). Similarly, we never had issues and someone was always on their period, but our uniforms were nowhere near as tiny as the DCC shorts. We could easily wear underwear under the bottoms. I've always wondered if the DCCs even wear underwear, or if they just go with tights and the white shorts. I honestly can't imagine that these women are not skipping their periods (given how easy it is to do on bc) given those tiny, white shorts. 

We could wear undies, dance tights, and then the spankies, which provded an extra layer and more coverage than those shorts, plus we didn't have HD zooming in on kickline splits. 

It's not that difficult to skip a few periods, and a lot of docs say it isn't really that bad hormonally in the long run, BUT - everyone I know who's been on the shot has gained a lot of weight/gotten bigger, especially in the lower mid section. How these women deal with all that, shew....

BTW - from the TMZ link - Caila looks AMAZING http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/cowboys-cheerleaders-bikini-fashion-show/

Changing topic here. I have noticed a commercial showing in the area where I live about skin cancer. People 15-25 using indoor tanning have a 75% higher chance of getting skin cancer. Makes me think about the girls on the team since they do seem to tan a lot for appearances, pictures etc. etc. I would not be surprise if one of the girls end up with some serious skin problems or cancer later in life.

Changing topic here. I have noticed a commercial showing in the area where I live about skin cancer. People 15-25 using indoor tanning have a 75% higher chance of getting skin cancer. Makes me think about the girls on the team since they do seem to tan a lot for appearances, pictures etc. etc. I would not be surprise if one of the girls end up with some serious skin problems or cancer later in life.

I think they mostly spray tan? Not saying that they never tan for real, but I don't think the DCC are religiously going to the tanning beds.

I thought they did spray tans. I'm shocked anybody still uses tanning beds knowing the risks.

Jinx!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

I think a lot of them do the 'cocktail' where you use the bed for a few minutes and then get the spray tan. There are always pics of them sitting by the pool getting real tans, too. Sydney has said several times she loves the sun.

Tans are pretty, and despite all the warnings, sooooo many women still go without sunscreen and then tan in beds. Skin cancer and wrinkles don't seem to cross their minds.

If you talk to skin cancer doctors, they'll tell you they are even against spray tans. Nothing to do with chemicals, but more the idea of perpetuating the "tan is beautiful" look. Tan is still skin damage.

Also it drives me up a wall that they tan everyone. Gorgeous pure porcelain skin shouldn't be tanned! It's not the right color tone for everyone.

• Love 1

Nothing to do with chemicals

Totally off topic, sorry, but sometimes I wonder if a study will ever come out showing that spray tans/self tanners aren't as safe as they are conventionally thought to be.  And I agree about porcelain skin...or any skin, for that matter, there's nothing wrong with anybody's natural skin tone that it requires improvement.

Edited by ByTor

I'm pale as they come and sorry, but I hate it.  Even when I have just a little color from a self tanning lotion on my legs I look five pounds thinner and it covers up cellulite.  I can absolutely understand why so many women still want to be tan, whether it's real or fake. I know that is unpopular to say and I wish to heavens I was naturally not so pale but it is what it is.  I do try to be careful about wearing sunscreen to avoid cancer and wrinkles but self tanners...sorry, I want it lol  hashtag vain 

• Love 1

Also it drives me up a wall that they tan everyone. Gorgeous pure porcelain skin shouldn't be tanned! It's not the right color tone for everyone.

As a porcelain skinned goddess myself I love this post!! But yeah. I'd look awful in those white shorts, you'd never know where they stopped and my white legs began lol!

I'm really going to miss my daily fix of DCC Swim pictures on Instagram now the swimsuit photoshoot is over.

It was great seeing my faves, but also seeing some of the other girls that didn't feature so heavily in the show and don't post so much on Instagram.

I've loved seeing all the variation in the girls. Some super 'ripped' like Stephanie and then some a bit more curvy like Amy T. I think that is the nice thing about DCC, something for everyone!

It is the same reason that I love to watch Holly P dance, with her pinpoint accuracy and Kat for her super fluid movements and fun personality. I love the diversity.

I'm going to miss the posts too, it was something fun to comment on. Now we just have to get prepared for tryouts.

Me too. 

I'm really going to miss my daily fix of DCC Swim pictures on Instagram now the swimsuit photoshoot is over.

It was great seeing my faves, but also seeing some of the other girls that didn't feature so heavily in the show and don't post so much on Instagram.

I've loved seeing all the variation in the girls. Some super 'ripped' like Stephanie and then some a bit more curvy like Amy T. I think that is the nice thing about DCC, something for everyone!

It is the same reason that I love to watch Holly P dance, with her pinpoint accuracy and Kat for her super fluid movements and fun personality. I love the diversity.

Some girls I feel like are soaking it in alot more than others..excessively..like Kat. Lol

• Love 1

I know I'm in the minority but I'm just not a fan of Kat!  I find her dancing weak and her looks even weaker.  She seems like a nice girl but for a DCC, she just ain't cutting it for me

I'm the same, I don't really think she fits DCC with dancing or looks.

If anyone on the current roster has the body of a 14 year boy, it's Holly P - she has the torso, hips and legs of a boy w/ large breast implants if you really look at her body. I noticed it most during the swimsuit show - she literally gave me a drag queen vibe when she was walking down the runway :/.

IMO Kat just needs to put on some weight and I think her build would be fine.

• Love 1

I hope Kat gets to come back. At her age I really do NOT think she will be someone going for five years lol  I totally get why she'd want two years (calendar shoot, etc.) but I just don't see her wanting it to do it for a long time.  Her personality is so darn cute. 

I love Jenn, she looks great in the uniform which is why it doesn't matter what she looks like in a swimsuit.