Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

*small voice*  I kind of like Jinelle's suit and think she looks good in it.  I also like KaShara's, but not so much Claire's. *normal voice*  As much as I like Danielle, I'm not found of how that suit looks on her.  I guess it's the rings on the front, draws attention to how little fabric is there.  Still, I might be tempted to wear something like that if I looked like Jinelle, Kashara or Danielle.  Since I don't, the world is safe from seeing me in something like that.

• Love 2

I've been a long time lurker here, but I had to put in my 2 cents on favorites. My favorites are Danielle just because she's seems so sweet and her hair is beautiful. Superficial I know, but hey. I also love Jinelle. She reminds me of me. I was always considered gangly and she just blossomed when she made the team. I really like Kashara although I feel I barely know the rookies. Lastly, Loren is a fellow ginger, albeit fake. I just heard she is retiring....what????? I'm so sad. I always loved her! I tend to pick ones I have similarities with. Loren is a teacher; so am I. Anyway, I had to weigh in and say how sad I am about Loren.

*small voice* I kind of like Jinelle's suit and think she looks good in it. I also like KaShara's, but not so much Claire's. *normal voice* As much as I like Danielle, I'm not found of how that suit looks on her. I guess it's the rings on the front, draws attention to how little fabric is there. Still, I might be tempted to wear something like that if I looked like Jinelle, Kashara or Danielle. Since I don't, the world is safe from seeing me in something like that.

*small voice* I kind of like Jinelle's suit and think she looks good in it. I also like KaShara's, but not so much Claire's. *normal voice* As much as I like Danielle, I'm not found of how that suit looks on her. I guess it's the rings on the front, draws attention to how little fabric is there. Still, I might be tempted to wear something like that if I looked like Jinelle, Kashara or Danielle. Since I don't, the world is safe from seeing me in something like that.

i agree! If I had the bodies of them, I'd wear those scant swimsuits also lol

• Love 1

Lastly, Loren is a fellow ginger, albeit fake. I just heard she is retiring....what????? I'm so sad. I always loved her! I tend to pick ones I have similarities with. Loren is a teacher; so am I. Anyway, I had to weigh in and say how sad I am about Loren.

Loren is retiring? I thought someone tweeted/texted/emailed (can't remember which form of communication) Kitty and Kitty said Loren was returning for a 3rd season.....  When did that change?  I liked Loren. :(

Whhhhhaaaaaaa ???  And Loren was the missing person who's retiring?

Why?  She always seemed so into it.  Her and Mary I don't get.  I saw a tweet from Mary that says she's looking forward to her next chapter (bride emoji) ... I thought her wedding was in 2017 so she would be able to do one more year.

Does it take that much time to plan a wedding?? 

Judy released the names on her Twitter account

Whhhhhaaaaaaa ???  And Loren was the missing person who's retiring?

Why?  She always seemed so into it.  Her and Mary I don't get.  I saw a tweet from Mary that says she's looking forward to her next chapter (bride emoji) ... I thought her wedding was in 2017 so she would be able to do one more year.

Does it take that much time to plan a wedding?? 

It is, but it likely interferes with Rehearsals or a potential Game Day. That's a commitment in and of itself.

Edited by LadyMsJay

Loren is retiring? I thought someone tweeted/texted/emailed (can't remember which form of communication) Kitty and Kitty said Loren was returning for a 3rd season.....  When did that change?  I liked Loren. :(

For some reason my response did not go through. I was the one who sent a tweet to Miss Kitty about Loren. She said it look like Loren was still going to try out again. I did send a tweet to Judy and Kelli especially when I saw Judy's tweet about twenty three girls at the swimsuit fittings and how it took eleven hours. A few people did ask Judy about Loren or the retiring veterans. I did not check to see if Judy responded to the other tweets.

On the subject of Mary and Loren not trying out again. Yes, Mary's wedding is next year, but I can understand why she would want to spend the time planning her wedding and spending the time with her fiancée and family and friends. Getting married is a big part of a girl's life and being a DCC can take a lot of time and commitment. Loren is a teacher and being a DCC could take a lot of time and commitment also. She may have gotten married so I can understand why she wants to quit. In my opinion, I do not think they owe us, Kelli/Judy/Charlotte by being a DCC longer than two years. These girls should be able to have a life outside the DCC world.

Bigskygirl: I was writing this just before you posted: Maybe her "next chapter" includes not only wedding planning but also more time to spend on her fiance, family and activities (career, hobbies) that were not possible within the DCC schedule. 

Edited by Moxiejan

It takes cojones to start dating a Cowboys player during your ROOKIE year as a DCC. Wow, she was barely in the door before she starting breaking the big rules. To go all the way through training camp - 5-6 days a week for 3 months - and then risk it all on a guy she just met seems crazy. I get that she was willing to quit the team this year because she's in a serious relationship with him, but I don't get how it started in the first place. Why would she hang out around the guy to begin with? Why did she accept that first date with him? Those don't seem like the actions of a woman who really cares about being on the team. Was it that she didn't care about the rules? That she knew they weren't really enforced? That she was in loooooooove? Did their eyes meet across the field and that was it?

In any case, count me in with the person who posted upthread that a contract is a contract. Regardless of how you feel about the rules, signing a contract is making a promise to abide by them. The fact that Paige signed that contract twice, knowing she was already in violation is shady. It's also a crappy position to put her teammates in because not only did they cover for her, but getting caught reflects on the whole team.

Even so, I'm impressed that she pulled it off for as long as she did. I guess she figured she'd stay on the team until she either got caught or the relationship was serious enough that it was worth quitting for. Who knows, maybe an engagement announcement is coming.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

I would take that forum comment from November 2014 with a grain of salt...it's possible they sat next to each other at an event or something (don't they sign autographs at stuff with the players?) and really hit it off, making it seem like more than it was at the time.  Paige loved being a DCC - she could have jumped ship when they were criticizing her weight but she put in the effort to tone up and lose weight and stay on the squad.  I hate to speculate that she's been breaking the rules for years when we truly have NO idea if it's been that long. Maybe I just have a soft spot for her though... I've always really liked her and that she seemed genuine. 

• Love 1

Planning a wedding is an exciting time and you can get distracted from other things. Sad to lose Mary, but maybe she couldn't give herself 100% to the team while thinking about so many other things. Loren stated she was doing the juice cleanse for bikini time....sounds like she was planning to go ahead this year. I only hope it wasn't about something lame like being late, not looking right in the suit etc. Loren was a strong team member. My favorite dancer is Erica!

I would take that forum comment from November 2014 with a grain of salt...it's possible they sat next to each other at an event or something (don't they sign autographs at stuff with the players?) and really hit it off, making it seem like more than it was at the time.  Paige loved being a DCC - she could have jumped ship when they were criticizing her weight but she put in the effort to tone up and lose weight and stay on the squad.  I hate to speculate that she's been breaking the rules for years when we truly have NO idea if it's been that long. Maybe I just have a soft spot for her though... I've always really liked her and that she seemed genuine. 

I so agreed. Also, I don't remotely think she could have been dating a player for 2 years without getting caught. Kelli isn't a chump, and she watches these girls pretty closely. Also, the DCC organization is pretty big, and I imagine there's a team who regularly troll the Internet and the girls' social media outlets to make sure they're staying good representatives for the DCC. Remember that picture Kelli held up in panel interviews where Whitney was "having a little bit too much fun?" Kelli didn't just stumble on that - someone was looking.

DCC is very conscious of their public image and when the girls become a DCC, they sign on for all that. I remember when working on my teaching credential. We were told that the teaching field was one where we needed to be very careful about out public lives. Parents of students wouldn't like to see a teacher of their 5th grader strolling out of a pizza place with their friends carrying huge plastic cups of beer. People make judgments, and teachers needed to avoid being in situations where negative judgments against our character could be made. DCC is the same way.

• Love 1

DCC is very conscious of their public image and when the girls become a DCC, they sign on for all that. I remember when working on my teaching credential. We were told that the teaching field was one where we needed to be very careful about out public lives. Parents of students wouldn't like to see a teacher of their 5th grader strolling out of a pizza place with their friends carrying huge plastic cups of beer. People make judgments, and teachers needed to avoid being in situations where negative judgments against our character could be made. DCC is the same way.

I agree. I used to work in a public accounting firm, and it was strongly suggested that we don't wear sweatpants in public (except for the gym, of course) so that a client wouldn't see us and consider us as sloppy. For the record, I don't wear sweatpants in public & I think that logic is incredibly stupid, but if you want to be part of an organization you have to play the game.

I believe it is five year vet Holly who will be retiring and may become a possible All-Star girl.

Looking at it again, it does look like Holly. When I first saw it, I thought it was Ashley Pro but then realized it wasn't her.

I agree. I used to work in a public accounting firm, and it was strongly suggested that we don't wear sweatpants in public (except for the gym, of course) so that a client wouldn't see us and consider us as sloppy. For the record, I don't wear sweatpants in public & I think that logic is incredibly stupid, but if you want to be part of an organization you have to play the game.

You'd think wearing a sweatpants as shopping-wear wouldn't happen, but I'm sorry to say I've seen it far too often! *bleck*  Hence why there are loads of spelled out rules and guidelines nowadays ... cause common sense isn't a thing anymore. lol

I just looked at Paige's instagram to see who she was dating. Wow, she's dating Jeff Heath? Isn't he the one who knocked out that Seahawks player last season? Interesting how she posted that picture of him, I've never seen him on her social media before. Maybe she just started dating him and decided to quit the team because of that.

I just looked at Paige's instagram to see who she was dating. Wow, she's dating Jeff Heath? Isn't he the one who knocked out that Seahawks player last season? Interesting how she posted that picture of him, I've never seen him on her social media before. Maybe she just started dating him and decided to quit the team because of that.

No. They've been dating for a while.

They should totally bring back that catsuit/warmup with the white go-go boots from the 70s. I have no words for the ice skating dress with star-shaped boob hole. (courtesy of Jenna's twitter)

CdZ1rrLUUAAHXe5.jpg

Eek. Jenn K looks hilarious in that track suit, and Jenna - lace ruffles, silver lame, blue spandex and a GLITTER FEDORA. Ew. Even cute little jenna can't make that a cute outfit. Angela's is dowdy (she's not, the outfit is), but I do however, think Holly's get up is the worst - she looks like Cowgirl Ice Skater Stripper Barbie. 

Caila may have on silver sequin cowboy boots under all those feathers - also bad. Jacie just looks like warmups in a jacket.

I like the all white outfit minus the silver boots and the feathers.  I also like the white shorts and the blue/white bandeau (?) top minus the blue jacket.  Everything else should remain in the "History of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" photo album.

I am a Holly super fan but even I agree that she is WAY too hard/sharp on that dance.  I actually kind of cringed watching it... I appreciate her clean lines but it's just not right style for that choreography/song.  

Jessica Marie was hands down my favorite on it...I've rewatched her clips a million times this week lol She is just makes it effortlessly sexy (as RhiRhi said) and has all the right little nuances. Of course Jennifer is also awesome on it - I don't think I've seen her 'off' ever.  

That is probably one of my favorite dances Michelle Keys has done, on a side note. It just looks FUN.  I'd be so tempted to go to a class if I lived there lol 

• Love 1

It'd be perfect if they'd have Michelle as the guest choreographer! DCC alumna and her dances are always so fun. It'd be cool to hear her comment on how things may be different since she was a TCC, etc. 

And I don't think that's Shelbi? Though it does kind of look like her! 

Can I just say how sick I am of the plaid shirts tied around the waist at dance class?

...and yes, Holly is doing the most.

THANK YOU. I get that it's the trend right now but OMG...dare to be different! lol 

Eek. Jenn K looks hilarious in that track suit, and Jenna - lace ruffles, silver lame, blue spandex and a GLITTER FEDORA. Ew. Even cute little jenna can't make that a cute outfit. Angela's is dowdy (she's not, the outfit is), but I do however, think Holly's get up is the worst - she looks like Cowgirl Ice Skater Stripper Barbie. 

Caila may have on silver sequin cowboy boots under all those feathers - also bad. Jacie just looks like warmups in a jacket.

I noticed Jennifer and Angela have on the older style go-go boots (lower heel) while Holly has on the newer version (higher chunky heel) like a lot of pro cheerleaders wear now.

Kelly in that jumpsuit. Scroll to bottom of page It's a GIF on right side.

http://blackdcc.net/page67.html

I'm also tired of the dance videos with the shirt around the waist. They look sloppy to me.

We did it back in the 70s when you didn't want to carry your jacket (usually a hooded sweatshirt) around.

Edited by MrsEVH

Over dancing aside, Holly looks incredibly fit. Not just thinner but with great muscle tone. I wonder what she's been doing (other than dance classes).

She is very fit, but doesn't look stringy or over muscled. She looks great.

Y'all gonna throw stuff at my head for saying this, but she's giving off some Megan Fox vibes there.

• Love 1