Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Left the boards for a bit but back today because but I need your eyes! Thanks in advance.

The 2016 calendars are available for sale already. I can't make out who Feb is... I thought it was Jen K or Kelsey but Jenn is Nov and Kelsey is Dec. Now I'm thinking it might be Victoria. Can someone say definitively? Thanks again.

http://www.calendars.com/Dallas-Cowboy-Cheerleaders-Deluxe-Wall-Calendar/prod201500009081/

Edited by pink317

3270?! I need to start dancing because the gym alone isn't cutting it!

I took a hip hop dance class three times a week after having my first baby. Had that final ten pounds to lose. I dropped a dress size in a month. Dancing as a workout is no joke!

Danielle posted a photo on Instagram of her heart rate monitor during yesterday's game. 3720 calories burned! That is unbelievable!!!!

Hard to believe how there could ever be weight issues!

• Love 1

If they're burning that many calories dancing during a game, I wonder how many they're burning during rehearsals.  However, if they're dancing five days a week, possibly six with game days, then how can there be weight issues unless the girls aren't eating correctly?  I'm not one to talk but I'm not in a job that requires me to maintain a "look" or my body (if I was, I'd be out 

• Love 2

If they're burning that many calories dancing during a game, I wonder how many they're burning during rehearsals. However, if they're dancing five days a week, possibly six with game days, then how can there be weight issues unless the girls aren't eating correctly? I'm not one to talk but I'm not in a job that requires me to maintain a "look" or my body (if I was, I'd be out

It HAS to be 99% nutrition. Has to be. Dancing 5 nights a week for 4 hours should be enough exercise, especially for someone in their 20s. Obviously there are exceptions and may be some girls who need weight and cardiovascular activity in addition to the dancing due to genetics, but seriously. I'd bet 99% of weight issues are nutrition related.

It explains why vets can gain weight in the off season- they go from games practice to not much dancing- you really need to adjust your calories and macronutrient intake when your exercise routine changes that drastically.

Sometimes it's just genetics. When I was on a college dance team, and had college metabolism, didn't matter what I did or how thin I got elsewhere, I was always going to have a D cup and thicker middle. One of the reasons I liked Meredith Oden, is because we had the same build. I 'understood' when she was called in for weight, and that there wasn't much more she could do about it. Other girls may get shrink their bobs and get that tiny chiseled waist and washboard abs, but always have a bigger booty and legs.

No doubt some of them are drinking alcohol or sneaking in carbs, but sometimes, there's nothing you can do, especially if your metabolism starts to slow or you gain wait during the off season and start to yo yo. This is why i think those ridiculous shorts need to go back up a little higher in the waist, off the hips, and a little lower and non-diapery looking in the length, especially if they're going to keep full sleeves.

• Love 1

If they are really all students or working full time jobs, then yup nutrition is going to suffer with that practice schedule unless you have some one or some company providing you with easy, position controlled whole healthy foods. It's really difficult to eat healthy on the run.

I have no doubt booze is a major part of why you see a vet come into auditions gaining a few pounds. If they are regularly burning that many calories six times a week and then suddenly slow down for a few weeks, even just social drinking a few nights a week (like many people that age would do) would like show quickly.

Sometimes it's just genetics. When I was on a college dance team, and had college metabolism, didn't matter what I did or how thin I got elsewhere, I was always going to have a D cup and thicker middle. One of the reasons I liked Meredith Oden, is because we had the same build. I 'understood' when she was called in for weight, and that there wasn't much more she could do about it. Other girls may get shrink their bobs and get that tiny chiseled waist and washboard abs, but always have a bigger booty and legs.

No doubt some of them are drinking alcohol or sneaking in carbs, but sometimes, there's nothing you can do, especially if your metabolism starts to slow or you gain wait during the off season and start to yo yo. This is why i think those ridiculous shorts need to go back up a little higher in the waist, off the hips, and a little lower and non-diapery looking in the length, especially if they're going to keep full sleeves.

Yes, but there were times Meredith looked great- like her rookie year. So that tells me her nutrition was off in the years she was called in for weight gain. I'm not saying they all need to look like Evan Anderson or Morgan. I'm just saying that when they gain weight, it's probably nutrition. I'm built like Meredith too, minus the long gorgeous legs. Even in my 20s, if I went off healthy eating or had too many drinks, I'd see it almost immediately in my mid section.

If they are really all students or working full time jobs, then yup nutrition is going to suffer with that practice schedule unless you have some one or some company providing you with easy, position controlled whole healthy foods. It's really difficult to eat healthy on the run.

I have no doubt booze is a major part of why you see a vet come into auditions gaining a few pounds. If they are regularly burning that many calories six times a week and then suddenly slow down for a few weeks, even just social drinking a few nights a week (like many people that age would do) would like show quickly.

Eating healthy on the run can be done. It's all about meal prep. Lots of fitness models carry a cooler and spend 1-2 days a week doing meal prep for the week. I think it has more to do with these girls don't know what to eat or how to eat clean with a hectic schedule. I've learned so much about nutrition in my 30s. I know so much more than I did in my 20s.

Yes, but there were times Meredith looked great- like her rookie year. So that tells me her nutrition was off in the years she was called in for weight gain. I'm not saying they all need to look like Evan Anderson or Morgan. I'm just saying that when they gain weight, it's probably nutrition. I'm built like Meredith too, minus the long gorgeous legs. Even in my 20s, if I went off healthy eating or had too many drinks, I'd see it almost immediately in my mid section.

I think Meredith had that awful note on her mirror at home to remind her to be skinny.

Ashley Nicole is injured again, didnt Emma danced in her place for pre-game..

No one has ANY thoughts on the 2016 calendar... or who Feb 2016 is?

Edited by pink317

I think Meredith had that awful note on her mirror at home to remind her to be skinny.

Oh snap! I forgot about that note.

Anyway, don't mean to get off topic! Just thought it was crazy the number of calories Danielle burned today!

I posted the individual groups pix I could find upthread. Can anyone ID the girls by name in all the pix?  A lot of the vets I can but the rookies not so much.  Thx.

ETA besides Emma who are the current known allstars?

Edited by lscobee

I posted the individual groups pix I could find upthread. Can anyone ID the girls by name in all the pix? A lot of the vets I can but the rookies not so much. Thx.

ETA besides Emma who are the current known allstars?

Jackie Bob, Mia, Meagan McVay

I'm not sure if there are more....

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1

Jackie Bob, Mia, Meagan McVay

I'm not sure if there are more....

Ohhhh cool.  I knew Mia most likely still was an allstar but I never imagined Megan and Jackie doing it.  Wouldn't have thought Jackie would have time with a FT job and husband.,

Ashley Nicole is injured again, didnt Emma danced in her place for pre-game..

No one has ANY thoughts on the 2016 calendar... or who Feb 2016 is?

I can't tell who most of them are. 

Melissa -  amazing dancer and smart girl Melissa - is one I expect to see struggle with DCC weight. She doesn't look like she's naturally as 'taught' as they prefer now, which is sad, because she's so talented.

Left the boards for a bit but back today because but I need your eyes! Thanks in advance.

The 2016 calendars are available for sale already. I can't make out who Feb is... I thought it was Jen K or Kelsey but Jenn is Nov and Kelsey is Dec. Now I'm thinking it might be Victoria. Can someone say definitively? Thanks again.

http://www.calendars.com/Dallas-Cowboy-Cheerleaders-Deluxe-Wall-Calendar/prod201500009081/

February is Melissa. Hope this link works.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CheerHeaven/status/626463572302893056/photo/1

Iscobee: 

Group 1: back row is Claire, Megan and Simone; front row is Victoria, Danielle, Holly Arielle, Kelsey and Caila 

Group 2: back row is KaShara, Holly Marie, Mary and Amy T; front row is Jinelle, Kinzie, Jacie and Rachel 

Group 3: back row is Robin, Jax, Jennifer K, Kat, Ashley Nicole and Lacey; front row is Stephanie, Jessica Marie and Paige 

Group 4: back row is Chantal, Amy L, Raylee and Elizabeth; front row is Loren, Erica, Angela, Jenna and Melissa 

• Love 1

Thanks! It was bothering me not knowing....I looked through all the obvious sources and got nothing.. knew I could get the answer here. Thanks again!!!

No problem. I think I figured out who everyone but November is. I know you said you thought it was Jen K., but it doesn't look like her to me and I can't figure it out. Maybe it is her, I'm just trying to find the picture, heh. ETA -- I found it in Jen K.'s video on the Dallas Cowboys website. You were right! :) So weird how distorted some of those little pics are. The thumbnail made it look like someone darker with shorter hair to me.

January -- Caila

February -- Melissa

March -- Erica

April -- Kinzie

May -- Jenna

June -- Jessica

July -- Loren

August -- Holly A.

September -- Lacey

October -- Danielle??

November -- Jen K.

December -- Kelsey

I'm surprised that Ashley N. didn't make it into the calendar, just because she seems to be kind of a glamour girl.

Edited by Oranaiche

Danielle is Oct.

Ashley Nicole is in the mini and sideline calendars (Apr, Sep). No offense to Kinzie but she didnt need 3 pics in the deluxe calendar.. but happy that all the vets (minus Angela who was stillll retiring at that point & didnt go) made one of the three main calendars (not always the case). I wonder if they know the calendar is public, they are doing this whole social media calendar reveal countdown...kinda weird since the calendar is already on sale.

Thanks! That was bugging me!! :)

Iscobee: 

Group 1: back row is Claire, Megan and Simone; front row is Victoria, Danielle, Holly Arielle, Kelsey and Caila 

Group 2: back row is KaShara, Holly Marie, Mary and Amy T; front row is Jinelle, Kinzie, Jacie and Rachel 

Group 3: back row is Robin, Jax, Jennifer K, Kat, Ashley Nicole and Lacey; front row is Stephanie, Jessica Marie and Paige 

Group 4: back row is Chantal, Amy L, Raylee and Elizabeth; front row is Loren, Erica, Angela, Jenna and Melissa 

• Love 1

Does anyone know who is taking Emma's place in the triangle with Holly and Jacie? I know Emma filled in for Ashley yesterday, but who is the third in the triangle this season?

I don't remember seeing "official" group photos for past years. Is this something new?

I wish they'd take a new showgroup photo each year.

Yes! that would be awesome!

It looks like they all took official group photos then received them framed as a gift from K&J before the first game. 

ETA: Hm, maybe not from K&J.  Looks like GL's did it for their groups.  

Edited by LaurenBrook

Just found something to add.  Not sure if I've seen the "official" full squad photo posted anywhere so here it is:  https://twitter.com/DCC_Erica/status/639090609685270528

• Love 2

Geez, I thought the point of making Stephanie red was to distinguish her from Loren. But I didn't realize Loren was so red too. They look way too much alike. I wonder why Kelli did that?

Changing her hair color only made her look exactly like Loren.

• Love 1

There was nothing wrong with Stephanie's hair color to begin with.  In the past Kelli changed girl's hair color so they "didn't blend". IMO some girls just had blah hair color like Jordyn K, Leah M, or Coutni S. but  they looked good as redheads. I think Stephanie looks better as a brunette.

Edited by MrsEVH

I'm actually surprised they don't have a problem with her over-extension, since it must stick out compared to the other girls. I know I've noticed it when I've seen videos of her jump split. Not saying it's not AMAZING, but it looks different from the other girls.

• Love 1