Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Bitter About Boy Toy-Who ever called this guy a Boy Toy at JJ central is in need of glasses. 

So, I have no interest in boy toys, but if I did, MY boytoy (which is what Mr. Humphrey called himself) would not be an overweight, broke-ass, ugly, rippling loser with floppy manboobs who has no idea what the word "antonym" means. Plaintiff, obviously terminally desperate, thought he was and she was willing to pay for him. Honestly, if I were Ms.Busch, I would have eaten the loss rather than show the world the lengths to which I would go to keep a warm, if flabby, body around. Plaintiff seemed to find something funny about all this, or maybe she finally got the sense to be embarassed and that was nervous laughter.

54 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I agree with JJ, what the hell was the plaintiff thinking hiring this guy? 

I had to give this one up. Once again, this show makes me determined to never, ever need the services of a lawyer. We have yet to see one here who is not a moron. The real problem is that the lawyers who agree to appear here are so dumb and incompetant they really believe they're smarter than anyone, so intellectually elevated they never see the need for proof of anything. How dare anyone question them? This little clown hires some slob who is so successful with his design career he works carrying around coffee cups for eight years. I just couldn't take it. My brain is bad enough without having it further degraded by listening to utter idiocy. Oh, if there was a 'Handsome Lawyer" here, I guess I missed him.

1 hour ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Also willing to wager that turd isn’t going to follow JJ’s advice and return the gift. Any takers?

Nope, because I'm sure his Mommy with the perma-stupid smile, told her baby, "You keep that camera, darling. Mommy believes you."

• Love 7

My guess is the lawyer thought he was hiring someone who would get him an insider discount for new office furniture, and the defendant thought he could rip the lawyer off, plus I suspect the defendant had the hots for the attorney.     The attorney certainly is cuter than the personal injury ones who advertise here during JJ, but then the local ones have nice, traditional offices, not reclaimed wood walls that are hideously overpriced. 

In the Man Boob Toy (see I fixed it for the caption writer), that wasn't just some cheap camper or travel trailer, but a fifth wheel, which can cost many thousands.    I bet the plaintiff will find someone locally who will be glad to haul the fifth wheel for her, and pick up the ATV too.      For a few hundred, she can get both moved to a dealer who will resell them for her, if she has clear title.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet the plaintiff will find someone locally who will be glad to haul the fifth wheel for her, and pick up the ATV too.      For a few hundred, she can get both moved to a dealer who will resell them for her, if she has clear title.     

She didn't think about that because she thought she was on "Let's Make a Deal" and she'd get her money back instead of her stuff. She really isn't someone who thinks ahead, is she? Doesn't anyone ever watch this show before agreeing to appear and make total asses of themselves?

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In the Man Boob Toy (see I fixed it for the caption writer),

Stop talking about him. It gets me all hot bothered every time I see him mentioned. I want an over-the-hill toy boy to spend all my money on too!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Well, Man Boob Toy is available, and I'm sure you can find him, and start sending him love notes about his attractiveness.     Start shopping for fifth wheel trailers, and ATVs, because he just ran out of them.

Evidently the bar for boy toy is pretty low in Omaha. Good to know because this means, and not to brag, I could probably do better than Shrek and his trailer and ATV. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Stop talking about him. It gets me all hot bothered every time I see him mentioned. I want an over-the-hill toy boy to spend all my money on too!

So, a little background on my JJ obsession. For years after work I tropically watch the two episodes back to back for 45 minutes of quite time before engaging with the family. In the 60’s and 70’s my dad did the same thing with cocktails so I figure this is safer. Anyway, on occasion I’m compelled to yell to my lovely bride “come here! you gotta see this!” Yesterday it was “look what qualifies as a boy toy in Nebraska” and “watch the reaction of the guy in the gallery to the judge’s insult” and “watch Judge Judy show her unbridled contempt for this asshole”. She and I sit and laugh hard for 15 minutes. Judy Judy...bringing empty nesters together since 1997. 

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • Love 18
16 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

Plaintiff was a bit of a jerk, but he clearly had been stiffed by the alleged designer, who obviously has little knowledge of Greek mythology judging from his incriminating typo.

So I'm not the only one who thought that!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Today's new episode (I hope new, my cable guide lies a lot)-

Bitter About Boy Toy-Who ever called this guy a Boy Toy at JJ central is in need of glasses.  Man is 41, and she's 55, but he looks a lot older.   Defendant hooks up with girlfriend, she buys a camper from her settlement for him.    He still has the camper, but she has the title (smart woman).   JJ gives woman back the camper.   

ATV was purchased for him, by her. but he claims he sold it to a friend, who he can't remember.   However, he's from Nebraska, and JJ told him to come up with the name and number of the 'friend' he sold the ATV to or he's not getting a ticket home.   She gets ATV back to resell, or Jabba the Butt 'boy toy' gets to stay in L.A.    Short case.  

Handsome Lawyer Remodel Fail-Handsome attorney suing defendant for botched remodel, and design of legal office.    Defendant wants money for expenses for remodel start.    Defendant has no training or education for design work, used to work in a coffee shop, and worked as a PA on several minor projects, and sold furniture for four months.   

I agree with JJ, what the hell was the plaintiff thinking hiring this guy?    He paid him $2750 for materials (an accent wall of reclaimed wood), and just over $300 for getting materials.    Wood was never delivered, and lawyer/plaintiff says the wood was never delivered, or installed, and thinks the receipt is phony.     

Paul Overett is a California personal injury attorney with his own firm, unfortunately that didn't translate to hiring a competent, honest decorator and designer.      JJ points out that the letter head on the receipt is a misspelling of the company name (Demiter v. Demeter), and proves the defendant is a liar and thief.   Defendant is a nut case, and I bet he has a long, strange history.  Plaintiff gets $2750.   

Mr. Funky said "Holy crap!  Boy Toy is younger than us, but looks about 15 years older!"

I think with the lawyer, he has zero knowledge of how interior design works, and the defendant likely talked himself up like he did to JJ (I worked on TV and did set design and worked for BET), but the lawyer didn't think to ask the questions that JJ asked (about his degrees, schooling - he said he was a showrunner and production assistant, and JJ knows that means squat with regard to interior design, but lawyer probably doesn't, and accepts it at face value).  And I too thought that the defendant liked him, with his "If you love me...." note he left on the door.  While the lawyer should have known better, I was glad to see him get money back from the obviously forged paperwork.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Who ever called this guy a Boy Toy at JJ central is in need of glasses.

The boy toy moniker is one that he applied to himself; it was in his response to the court that JJ had in her file and explains one key reason she was openly hostile to him from the jump.  And just in case he needed to further illustrate his stupidity, he again referred to himself as her boy toy in halterview even after JJ embarrassed him on camera. Which also further proves that cliche that you are, in fact, your own worst enemy.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The boy toy moniker is one that he applied to himself; it was in his response to the court that JJ had in her file and explains one key reason she was openly hostile to him from the jump.  And just in case he needed to further illustrate his stupidity, he again referred to himself as her boy toy in halterview even after JJ embarrassed him on camera. Which also further proves that cliche that you are, in fact, your own worst enemy.

I didn't say that - the quoting system is wonky at times.  Yeah, he was the self-proclaimed Boy Toy.  Moron.  :P

• Love 4

Today's new episode-

Get Out, You're a Squatter-Plaintiff wants defendant landlord to pay his moving expenses because after plaintiff didn't pay $1375 a month rent,  did pay $350 security, paid rent for a while, and paid partial one month, then stopped paying rent for months, and owes $4975 in rent.     Sleazy plaintiff / tenant says the housing inspectors are coming tomorrow to look at illegal residence.       Wallace Bass stopped paying because for one, no pool in back yard, or something wasn't to his liking about the pool, not sure which.       Girlfriend, tenant, and one child moved in originally for three months, girlfriend moved out, and says wife moved in with five kids because her house was taken over by squatters, how ironic that is.     The loser plaintiff, wife, and kids still live there.      Plaintiff also claims landlord locked the six kids in the house, threatened to burn it down, etc. (great imagination on the plaintiff).      Tenants and wife, and kids still live there and don't pay rent.  Wife just got booted by Officer Byrd.   Landlord gets nothing, but I hope he gets the freaking squatters, and his multiple girl friends, and unnumbered kids out soon, because I can only imagine how awful the inside looks after nine people have been living there.   I hope all landlords saw this, because I'm sure they'll be looking for a new place to squat in soon. 

Maserati Madness-Defendant was supposed to wrap a Maserati, and did a bad job.    Defendant totally loused up the wrap job.   The idiot defendant made a huge holes in the  part between the inside and outside of both doors, scratched back seat, damaged the keyholes with scratched circles.    Defendant claims the scratches were there already, but it's a key fob car, so that part is never touched.    The defendant looks like a relative of yesterday's Man Boob Toy, with an IQ in the low double digits.     The deer in the headlights look on the defendant is hysterical, he obviously thought JJ would just fall in love with his stupid story, and cuteness, and dismiss the case.     Not happening is it?      Plaintiff gets $2500.        

Today's rerun-

Girlfriend's Hissy Fit Damage- Girlfriend of plaintiff moves in to a place that's supposed to be a two man place.     Girlfriend suddenly moves in, not on lease, and there's a fight, and girlfriend throws wine on the walls, and plaintiff gets locked out, and is surprised.     Plaintiff in an independent marketer, involving putting up posters, and does online temp. work.    Plaintiff moves in by himself, to a two bedroom apartment, then girlfriend moves in, after it was agreed it wouldn't be the girlfriend moving in.     They only stayed one month, plaintiff and love muffin had a fight, she threw wine all over the apartment, and plaintiff took her to mom's home, both stayed with mommy, and plaintiff was locked out by the next day.   He wants the rest of November's rent back.   

Plaintiff left some of his property behind for two months, but still wants it back.     Loser plaintiff stayed with gf and mommy for months, sublet a bedroom elsewhere for three months, and they're back with Mommy again (Mommy must be thrilled).   I loathe the plaintiff, and if he interrupts JJ again, I hope Byrd does a stomp dance on his head until he cries.  Plaintiff never went to the police.   I find it strange that the plaintiff claims the defendant was 'super threatening', when I bet I could beat him up, and I know I could kick the plaintiff's whiny butt.   

Plaintiff picked up most of his stuff in the end of November.    I'm laughing, he drives a janky BMW!    I wonder if he bought it from a janky Mason?   Jerk plaintiff uses a spare hidden key the end of November, to get most of his stuff.   Plaintiff claims he paid landlord/defendant $250 to keep his remaining junk so landlord wouldn't trash his stuff, but rent is 1250.  Ryan the plaintiff simply won't shut up, and he's obviously spaced out on something.    If the girlfriend doesn't stop running her fingers over her lips, I'm going to puke.      Doesn't anyone but me wonder why Ryan has a girlfriend?    Rents in San Francisco and Oakland are ridiculous, I always knew this, but I'm still surprised at $1250 for a bedroom.      Plaintiff is getting $300 for rent.  

Tomorrow's first new episode is a dog attack, on the owner's property by the neighbor's dog, complete with photos or video of the aggressor dog.    Plaintiff told man next time his dog is on her property, it's going to get shot.     You've been warned.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I loathe the plaintiff, and if he interrupts JJ again, I hope Byrd does a stomp dance on his head until he cries.

15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Ryan the plaintiff simply won't shut up, and he's obviously spaced out on something.    If the girlfriend doesn't stop running her fingers over her lips, I'm going to puke.

The way this douche bag was tweeking I thought I was watching Intervention. Motor mouth, scratching, picking at himself, shifting his feet, cracking his knuckles...and the pouty girlfriend sucking her fingers like an infant. Friggin’ gross. And shame on Byrd for missing a golden opportunity to stomp Ryan’s guts out when he began to approach the bench. 

• Love 9

I really hope that somewhere in JJ land there's an archive of Byrd kicking the snot out of people like Ryan, and they just cut it out.   I agree about what both of them are on, and really regretted that JJ gave that loser a single penny, when he left massive amounts of stuff in the apartment for months.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2019 at 10:38 AM, Byrd is the Word said:

Later that day I drove to the lot where the wreck was towed.  I'm getting chills right now just thinking about it.  When I saw what was left of the car I cried like a baby in a sudden outburst. 

Byrd, I feel ya on that.  I went to get belonging out of the Ford Escape at the tow yard two days later. (the accident was the day before Xmas). They led out to the lot and the entire roof had caved in at the front but thankfully the framework held where the headrest was. I had my own hoo-hoo (my word for the ugly cry). I had managed to hold myself together while sitting next to her in the emergency while she was strapped to the backboard and picking the glass out of her hair from the shattered windshield Xmas evening but that smashed in roof did me in. 

On 1/9/2019 at 11:17 AM, funky-rat said:

As parents, if we can get them out of HS in one piece and moving mostly forward we've done at least a far job of parenting. 

So many yeses on this. The bonus is when they grow up not to be entitled twats that appear on JJ with titty-tats on a platter in their low-cut shirts or permanent DUH face going on saying "I FEEEEEEL I'm entitled to $5000 for __________________(fill in the blank, open episode test, just pick one of a myriad of eye-roll-inducing excuses)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I think with the lawyer, he has zero knowledge of how interior design works, and the defendant likely talked himself up like he did to JJ

I have a distant relative who is a defense attorney with his own solo practice. He doesn't always get paid in money. In fact he has gotten paid with services and items, like cars (with clear titles, thank goodness), lawn services, etc, plus the usual handful of sweaty crumpled bills). I was getting the vibe that perhaps the defendant had engaged in the lawyer in some way and was paying off his "debt" by his interior design services (ya get what ya pay for in this case). The whole "I met him in a coffee shop" and then "I met him at the furniture store" thing seemed to be some kind of mutual ruse in my mind. 

Although if there was a Boy Toy on that episode, it would surely be Long Beach Surfer Lawyer - not the trollish defendant in the earlier case. 

And since I'm the nosy type, I'll just leave this here: https://www.longbeach-injurylawyer.com/?utm_source=GMB&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=longbeach

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
Google is your friend, boys and girls
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The idiot defendant made a huge holes in the  part between the inside and outside of both doors, scratched back seat, damaged the keyholes with scratched circles.    Defendant claims the scratches were there already, but it's a key fob car, so that part is never touched.

I wouldn’t let that Matthew McConaughey looking dufus anywhere near my car with a chamois, let alone a tool. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

OMG, he looks like such a smug, ambulance-chasing twat in that pic.

20 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

"Basically, like, I FEEEEEEL I'm entitled to, like, $5000 for __________________(fill in the blank, open episode test, just pick one of a myriad of eye-roll-inducing excuses)

Fixed.

• Love 4

From that picture, our attorney certainly is pleased with himself, and thinks he's adorable.   Unfortunately, he doesn't have the sense the good lord gave a squirrel in hiring decorators.  

I just wonder what tweeker's Mom thinks of her idiot daughter bringing that fool boyfriend home to stay in her house over and over.     

Why did that car wrap idiot carve those holes in the car door sides? Research saves the day, it's called a door jamb, and optional with vinyl car wrap, and actually costs extra, and they have to disassemble the door to do it right.   It also takes an extra day at least.      The wrap guy is such a jerk, and did a lot of damage to that car.    From what I read, the vinyl wrap can change the color of the car.     If you want to change the color of a lease vehicle, you put the wrap on it, and then you just remove the wrap before turning it in.  Or if you want a color that they don't offer, you get the wrap applied to it.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

Chase Ginkel, of Minnysota, who looks like some 90's stoner? I love him!

JJ: "This looks like a three-year old did it."

Chase: "Kerrect."

Not so adorable was Wallace Bass, dressed in his Sunday best. He's a squatter who moved in with his girlfriend and her kid. I guess g/f had enough of him, and buggered off, so then he gets his wife - wearing a horrifically janky wig hat here - and five kids to move in. Even though he has so many progeny, he quit his job because the landlord, to whom he paid no rent to the tune of 5K - was so mean to him, for no reason, I guess. The most awesome part is that this squatter, who felt he need pay no rent because the pool wasn't blue enough or something ( I guess he has high standards) has the unmitigated gall (or maybe just the dumbest brain around) to want another 5K from landlord for his "moving expenses." Most people would have just taken the 5K they saved and slunk away, but not Mr.Bass. He and his stupid wife who couldn't keep her big stupid mouth shut and got the Byrd boot feel they deserve 10K in benefits for kindly living in these premises. I love how these deadbeats, scammers and squatters get all upstanding and by the book - "the place is ILLEGAL - *gasp*"  - when they want to stiff someone.

• Love 13

I love how JJ contradicts herself.  In today's case of the poorly wrapped Maserati, she admits she knows nothing about repairing cars  Then she rules that the jagged hole in the car door is no big deal, just plug it up with something.  It's too bad that plaintiff didn't bring an expert witness.  

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Then she rules that the jagged hole in the car door is no big deal, just plug it up with something.

A friend of mine had her car hit, leaving a big dent in the door. She contacted her insurance and requested a brand-new factory door. They laughed at her, quite rightly. I can't imagine anyone agreeing or ruling that both doors be replaced with astronomically expensive new ones for two holes in the middle panels that can be fixed to look like new. Even plaintiff had to laugh at his own outrageous request. I give him credit for trying, though.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Paul Overett = Owen Wilson.

Damn! I was trying to think who he reminded me of. I think you got it.

What kind of person thinks that some sketchy auto detailer in Minnesota can actually make a beautifully styled car like a Maserati look better?

I'm trying to imagining taking even my brand-new Toyota to the shop, seeing 24-year old goof, Ginkel, and thinking, "He's just the guy for the job!" He does have quite an impressive web site:

http://wrapitmn.com/about/

• Love 6

What kind of person thinks that some sketchy auto detailer in Minnesota can actually make a beautifully styled car like a Maserati look better?

I never understood why someone would take a gorgeous car like that and do something stupid like putting plastic on it just because they didn't like the chrome.  I'm sure the dealership has better alternatives.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I never understood why someone would take a gorgeous car like that and do something stupid like putting plastic on it

Could be worse, like this Maserati wrapped in velvet. ETA: I just noticed the police car in the background. Maybe doing something like this wrap is actually a crime. lol

maserativelv.timeincapp.com.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I never understood why someone would take a gorgeous car like that and do something stupid like putting plastic on it just because they didn't like the chrome.  I'm sure the dealership has better alternatives.

Further, you’re putting down a small amount of money on a $35,000 depreciating asset, borrowing the balance, and then immediately devaluing it. I know there’s no accounting for taste but that’s just dumb. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm trying to imagining taking even my brand-new Toyota to the shop, seeing 24-year old goof, Ginkel, and thinking, "He's just the guy for the job!" He does have quite an impressive web site:

http://wrapitmn.com/about/

No one who has a “passion for cars” as he claims would hack into a beautiful Italian work of art with what I’m pretty sure was a chisel like he did. Interesting that there are no shots of any door jambs in his portfolio. 😂 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

No one who has a “passion for cars” as he claims would hack into a beautiful Italian work of art with what I’m pretty sure was a chisel like he did.

I don't think it was even a chisel. Probably some big ol' screwdriver or a crowbar lying around and he just started whaling away at it. "Oh, that's good enough!" Looking at the "matte" wraps on his site makes me think of "Robocop" cars. At least Chase was an agreeable sort, happily conceding his work looked like that of a toddler.

• Love 8

The whole "matte" thing is thug fashion around here.  I have actually seen brand new cars taken straight in for complete matte repaint. 

Looks like primer to me, and cheapens the car.  But then again, I'm '69 Stang Cobra kinda gal, and it better be SHINY black!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

J took offense at his submitting an estimate "That's a Bentley bill!".  Well, yeah, a Maserati is certainly up in the stratosphere price-wise.  (He really should have just gone to the dealership).

I thought the Bentley remark was revealing.  How much do you want to bet that $2,500 would't do a similar repair job on her Bentley in either Beverly Hills or Naples?

1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

Man. That car took a depreciation hit. New Maserati Quattroporte in 2015 was a $100K automobile. 

Unless you have extremely deep pockets and money to burn, new cars (especially high end, European models) are a sucker's play; particularly a lease.  Most new cars are going to loose 25-40  per cent of their value in the first year.  The maintenance expense on those high end European luxury cars is astronomical.  Some like BMW and Mercedes Benz have (or had) free scheduled maintenance for a time.  But when that time is up hold on tight for what happens next.  Been there and done that. But no more.

• Love 4

The thing is, he bought this 4 year old Maserati Ghibli bought at some discount type-dealer for 35K, which is not an especially high price but he got a good deal. I'm sure it was not in complete showroom condition and it's not a 200K Rolls Royce so expecting two factory doors at 5K was way overreaching and he knew it.

• Love 6

New episode-

A Dingo Mauled my Shepherd-A wandering Dingo from a neighbor's property is accused of mauling the plaintiff's mini Australian Shepherd.  Plaintiff's dog was severely injured by the neighbor's attacking part-Dingo.     Plaintiff says the dog attacked her dogs twice.    Plaintiff says (and I totally agree with her) she will shoot his dog if it's on her property again.    Why the hell would anyone own a Dingo, or part Dingo?    His defense is that his dog didn't attack the plaintiff's dog, because his dog would have killed it, not just injured it.   The previous attack was a year ago, this one she was driving in her long driveway, and Chloe (her kid's dog) a mini Australian Shepherd was on the plaintiff's property, was attacked in front of the woman, and she followed the dog home.      She didn't tell the man about the previous attack, because he's a jerk, and daughter says in a previous attack by the same man's other dog on hers, the man threatened to kill her family (I totally believe this).      The attacked animal was on the woman's property, and the Dingo attacked on the driveway on plaintiff's property, and his dog attacked poor Chloe (the dog) twice.  William Large, the defendant is a total a-hole, and a jerk, and I think he's happy about the attack, just like he thinks his dog attacking is a big joke.     Plaintiff gets $1800+ in vet bills.    Plaintiff  is advised to contact animal control, or my guess the state wildlife people, to see if the dingo is legal to own, and I'm betting he needs a license, which he doesn't have, or the animal will be confiscated.  

Customized Nightmare-Plaintiff took badly deteriorated shell of a car to body shop to be restored, and customized.   Car was towed out of bodywork to do some body work, and paint, no mechanic work, such as engine.     Plaintiff wants $5k, but body shop did a ton of work on it, easily $6500 worth of work over two years.     Plaintiff didn't like the work, had the car towed to another shop.    Plaintiff gets nothing. 

Rerun episode-

Brandishing a Gun, Neglecting a Cat- Plaintiff former tenant suing ex landlord for return of rent, and false restraining order.     Defendant and plaintiff lived in grandma's house (she lives elsewhere), for $575 a month, expenses for cat, and false restraining order.     Defendant filed for protective order.   Police were called three times, including when plaintiff brandished his legal gun, and defendant had grandpa's gun, that is at mom's house.     Defendant claims the plaintiff and then girlfriend were drunk, and was owed work for money, and rent, Plaintiff moved out with restraining order, and when he moved, he deserted the cat with autofeed and litter box, so defendant gave cat to humane society a week later, and plaintiff had to pay a lot to get his cat back.  I feel sorry for the poor cat, but hopefully the cat he loved so much was sold, and I hope to a better owner.

$575 to plaintiff for rent for August.   

Who Left the Diapers Out-  Defendant landlord being sued for return of security deposit, by former tenant plaintiff lived there for about 4 years.    Security deposit was $1825, and pet deposit $100.    Plaintiff has move-out pictures.    The plaintiff's witness is apparently another tenant in the house, and she looks like a deer in the headlights when JJ asks her about who left the stacks of used diapers behind, and former landlord says witness is being sued too.   Plaintiff, and witness claim the neighbors dumped their stuff in the garbage pile.     JJ will only give money for trash removal, but no separate bills.    $1825 security deposit back to useless idiot of plaintiff.   

• Love 2

Today's dog case caught my attention. OK - I skipped the case when I heard it was about a dog fight and 1 owner threatening to kill the other's dog - typical owner nonsense and reason I hate these cases....

I heard JJ giving D a hard time for owning a Dingo... Uh oh, I feel a rant coming on, she and Byrd go into a whole shtick about how neither know anyone who has a dingo. P passes up a picture that could be of any number of breeds and JJ immediately says that's exactly what a picture of a dingo looks like on the internet. D tries to answer, starts to say his dog is not full blooded dingo, but is immediately cut off by all-knowing JJ who made up her mind before taking her seat.

Hey, JJ, you have several facts wrong - 1) just like in the US, different  jurisdictions in Australian have different laws regarding pets. It is legal to have a dingo as a pet in some areas with special permits - in at least 2 Australian States no special permit is required. Some of those opposed to dingoes as pets are opposed, not because they wouldn't make good pets, but because some areas list them as a wild protected species - in others they are considered "pest" animals and land owners have been encouraged to eradicate them as our own Western States once did with wolves and coyotes. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dingo I hate when JJ makes these sweeping blanket statements as facts and then doesn't allow the litigant to answer. I know she mentions D wrote in his statement that his is an Australian Dingo dog and he tries to say it's not full blooded dingo - nope, not listening.

2) does she realize there are American Dingoes  - it's a common nickname for a breed of wild dog in the Southeastern US (Carolina Dog/Yellow Dogs/Dingoes). These are, as far as I know, America's only true wild dog breed. Wild "dog" because they are believed to have belonged to the early man crossing the Bering Strait and to have gone feral thousands of years ago. They are recognised as a separate breed by the AKC - as we all now that's the only Kennel Club recognized by JJ - and also recognized by the United Kennel Club. https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/stories/meet-american-dingo-only-wild-dog-native-continent 

I have always liked what I read about the Carolina Dogs - AKA the American Dingo. If I ever go looking for a purebred pup (any dog would have to pass muster with my kitties) this is a breed I'd consider - if only because humans haven't screwed with their DNA for generations and bred in genetic flaws looking for some particular trait.. Supposed to be very smart, loyal, and kid friendly - but escape artists with strong wanderlust,  and still a hunter with strong prey drive

ADDED: after reading @CrazyInAlabama - I may have overreacted to the few minutes of case I heard...in this case sounds like she had reason to go after defendant - but reason has more to do with lousy dog ownership than the breed - now it's  more a case of blowhard dog owner letting a dog roam despite prior history of attacks - probably brags about having a dingo and how good a fighter he is - now claims doesn't know if it's a dingo at all ... if blowhard really claimed his dog didn't really attack because the other dog survived, well, that line crosses line and I'd say attitude adjustment in form of punitive damages should be awarded - but of course what's the point when he's paying nada anyway

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

A Dingo Mauled my Shepherd

Alternate caption: Return of the Duckface Gallery Woman. Ordinarily, I find country speak off putting. However, today I found the plaintiff’s “this-a-way” and “that-a-way” utterly charming. I like that lady. And if she has to put that wild dingo, or whatever the heck it is or isn’t, down I’m on her side.

$1825 security deposit back to useless idiot of plaintiff

As much as I disliked this stubborn, argumentative fool defendant I thought she was entitled to something for having to remove that huge pile of (literal) shit. The plaintiff’s nonsense about some service hauling it away for free is ridiculous.    

• Love 6

Some places you get one free pickup for trash, so people don't dump it somewhere illegally.   However, the giant pile of trash that heifer, and her neighbor left would fill more than one huge construction dumpster, or at least three loads for the grapple trucks they use here, and they hold a lot of garbage, plus they charge for that amount, plus dump fees with private carters.       My guess is there is a garbage pickup, but not for that amount, and if the landlady (who has a long history of lawsuits for motor vehicle accidents, illegal evictions, and a bunch of other things in the past 10 years), had hired trash haulers who itemized for clearing out the house, and taking away the trash, she would have received at least half of the security deposit for the work.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is there is a garbage pickup, but not for that amount, and if the landlady (who has a long history of lawsuits for motor vehicle accidents, illegal evictions, and a bunch of other things in the past 10 years), had hired trash haulers who itemized for clearing out the house, and taking away the trash, she would have received at least half of the security deposit for the work

Totally agree. I’ve had homes and income properties for a long time. There are definitely refuse haulers that will take reasonable amounts bags, rolled carpet, small furniture items, etc. as part of their regular service provided you make a reasonable effort to gather it. I’ve never experienced anyone who will pick up handfuls of trash or bring in special equipment to scoop it up for free. 

4 minutes ago, Byrd is the Word said:

the landlady (who has a long history of lawsuits for motor vehicle accidents, illegal evictions, and a bunch of other things in the past 10 years

The defendant was a complete dipshit. If she could have managed just a single ounce of charm she probably would have been awarded something reasonable for her clean up.

• Love 2

Where my relatives lived in rural Oklahoma (that's where Dingo jerk was from), there may not be any animal control.   Where my relatives lived there was one animal control guy, and you don't know what the city pound was like, but the county had nothing.   My guess is the only animal control that is effective where the woman lived is do it yourself, and her threat to shoot the dog is probably her only recourse, unless the state Wildlife people do decide the dog is a Dingo, and in Oklahoma that will require a permit, or that you be a sanctuary/rehabber with permits.   My guess is, just as others said, the man thinks it's funny that his dog roams, and attacks other dogs.     Anyone who claims it wasn't his dog that injured the woman's dog, because his dog would have killed another dog, is the worst kind of dog owner.           I don't think JJ exactly understood that these people have cattle, and a lot of land, and the dogs do roam between her property, and her daughter's 1/4 mile away, and the daughter is probably the nearest neighbor.      I'm guessing only the acre or so the house is on is domestic animal wire fence with a gate, and everything else is livestock fencing or barbed wire.        

• Love 6

Where my relatives lived in rural Oklahoma (that's where Dingo jerk was from), there may not be any animal control.   Where my relatives lived there was one animal control guy, and you don't know what the city pound was like, but the county had nothing.   My guess is the only animal control that is effective where the woman lived is do it yourself, and her threat to shoot the dog is probably her only recourse, unless the state Wildlife people do decide the dog is a Dingo, and in Oklahoma that will require a permit, or that you be a sanctuary/rehabber with permits.   My guess is, just as others said, the man thinks it's funny that his dog roams, and attacks other dogs.     Anyone who claims it wasn't his dog that injured the woman's dog, because his dog would have killed another dog, is the worst kind of dog owner.           I don't think JJ exactly understood that these people have cattle, and a lot of land, and the dogs do roam between her property, and her daughter's 1/4 mile away, and the daughter is probably the nearest neighbor.      I'm guessing only the acre or so the house is on is domestic animal wire fence with a gate, and everything else is livestock fencing or barbed wire.        

Yep - Oklahoma resident here. Obvious JJ had no clue of country living when she asked what a bar ditch is (one of my first job after retiring from the Army was running up and down county roads mowing with a farm tractor and 6 foot brush hog - up and back - dirtiest job I ever had was mowing along dirt roads, sometimes dust so bad I could barely see where I was going.) We have animal control within the city limits, but that ends once you cross into the County. In extreme cases you MIGHT get a Sheriff's deputy to respond, but would have a better chance calling on one of the Rescue Organizations if you want help with a stray/dumped animal. Dog fight/attack - nope not unless they're attacking a person or livestock.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

As much as I disliked this stubborn, argumentative fool defendant I thought she was entitled to something for having to remove that huge pile of (literal) shit.

I always love argumentative litigants who pose questions like, "What do you expect me to do?" No one expects you do to anything. Anyway, she could have gotten paid for the garbage removal had she had proof of it. The one bill - not differentiating between cost of repairs to the dwelling and cost of garbage hauling - was not proof. Were the repairs the majority of the bill and the garbage 50$, or...? Who knows?

• Love 4

If you need garbage and general cleanup, you need to get that in one bill, and if there are hauling fees, then put a line item in for that, don't just glop everything together, and say 'trust me' to JJ, or I guarantee you're not getting the money.     

• Love 3