Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Wait --- I found it!  Here it is on YouTube 

Whatever their motivation or mentall illnesses, people have way too much idle time on their hands these days, from Mr.Weigman, willing to go to the ends of the earth for some tinsel, to nuts who think dolls are real babies and that silicone creations are their wives. No one had time for this shit back in the olden days.

• Love 11

Wow, I never knew doll collecting was a racket populated but villainous scammers ; -) 

I'm sorry but speaking as someone who handles credit card disputes... my worst calls are doll collectors, collectors, doctors, lawyers and anyone who has lost their temper.

Doll people account for so many crazy stories. Quite frankly, I am pretty certain I have spoken to this Jonette in disputing charges. It's pretty fucking crazy and she's not the only one. I had one who was importing dolls from Germany and reselling them and then disputing them as non-received. Or damaged. I literally marveled one time at one caller who was disputing thousands of dollars in dolls over "damages" as to why they continued to buy dolls from such a terrible dealer... I got told to shut my bitch mouth - it was like I set fire to their world.

• Love 8

I haven't watched the new cases yet, but did see the rerun of garbage human Sherri Youngstrom suing her mentally ill son James for the cost of his hospital stay. Sherri, who received over $200k the same year from some estate. Sherri wanted her $1700 back -- from her son who worked five days a week stocking shelves at a grocery store for which he takes home the whooping sum of $250. Naturally, Sherri is a "stay at home mom" whose husband doesn't work either. Sherri Youngstrom looked like a sentient boulder.

Oh, speaking of the Real Dolls, I don't know if anyone else besides me watched the BBCAmerica doc called, Love Me, Love My Doll. It was on five or so years ago -- and it's fantastic (in a koo koo for Cocoa Puffs kinda way). Here ya go:

10 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I haven't watched the new cases yet, but did see the rerun of garbage human Sherri Youngstrom suing her mentally ill son James for the cost of his hospital stay. Sherri, who received over $200k the same year from some estate. Sherri wanted her $1700 back -- from her son who worked five days a week stocking shelves at a grocery store for which he takes home the whooping sum of $250. Naturally, Sherri is a "stay at home mom" whose husband doesn't work either. Sherri Youngstrom looked like a sentient boulder.

Oh, speaking of the Real Dolls, I don't know if anyone else besides me watched the BBCAmerica doc called, Love Me, Love My Doll. It was on five or so years ago -- and it's fantastic (in a koo koo for Cocoa Puffs kinda way).

I was so glad that JJ told neckless Sherri that she was an asshole. Sherri seemed like the type of mother who wouldn't mind if her bullshit drove her son to relapse....she could then moan about how it affects HER, how she is a saint of a mother, and how she's still waiting for him to repay her. 

I also watched Love Me, Love My Doll.....I think I like to watch documentaries that encourage me to hate humanity. 

• Love 3

Ep. 1, case 2 -- Joseph Williams, trying for a post-apocalyptic look in court, stole money and belongings from Gregory Barnett (his friend/pretend brother) while Gregory was in jail for 4 months. Gregory had given Joseph his bank card and PIN number, so what did he expect? Joseph said that he eventually tossed Gregory's bank card, and he gave his clothes to Goodwill. Joseph countersuit for apartment damages and a false police report-- forget it. Joseph didn't know what spackle is, so JJ gave him a quick tutorial. "Eh, that's too much work," said Joseph, who surely doesn't want to risk getting his next-generation apparel dirty. And he surely doesn't want to drop his ankh into plaster...bitch, please. I enjoyed the hallterview --- the guys were very conversational with the camera. Whatever you do, don't try to give Joseph a pat on the back. You WILL regret it.

He looked like he was in a gay remake of Janet Jackson's Rhythmnation video. Or maybe like if King Xerxes was alive in 2016 and lived in Brooklyn and instead of telling Leonidas that he would make uttering the name Leonidas punishable by death, he would've just called him a bitch and told him to get his life. I did laugh when he turned around when they were laughing at him.

• Love 7
On 2016-05-06 at 7:09 PM, AngelaHunter said:

I was utterly fascinated by the Van Der Zees - two educated, professional people and both dumb as boxes of rocks. And she's a lawyer! I know that all the lawyers who appear on this show are less than competent, but she was amazingly clueless and stupid. 
Personally, I would never have had that artwork in my trunk that way - no tube, not even wrapped in anything at all. Even without this incident, it could have gotten torn just from rolling around the trunk, or maybe when he shoved it in "snugly."

Listening to the def. was a pleasure. He, at least, told a linear, coherent story.

I know I'm late to this, just watched it and am dumbstruck! WHO puts a pricey piece of artwork in a car then takes it to be detailed????
I definitely got a lie-vibe from Mrs. VDZ - I'm surprised JJ didn't point out how red her chest became. She contradicted herself several times and when the Def said he told her to remove everything she replied "yes and after that.." - so, she told him she removed everything but didn't?

On 2016-05-06 at 10:34 AM, Quof said:

You can go on Mr. VDZ's Facebook page and see examples of his work.  People are giving him a lot of grief today "You think crap like that is worth $3,600???  My toddler's paintings are better."

On 2016-05-06 at 1:24 PM, designing1 said:

If he can get $3600 for one of those canvases (and sadly, I bet he can) clearly I've made poor career choices.

I know art appreciation is subjective, but unless he's well-known, he's not getting $3600 for one of his pieces. In fact, his FB art page lists pricing like '$125' - I didn't see anything over $150. He's got a LOT available, and of all the googling I did I didn't see any other references to him or his art other than what he's posted.
I see he's recently changed occupations and is now an 'artist'; if he's going to be serious about it, he needs to at least buy frigging tubes to transport his work.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

My niece did the same thing when she was about 18. I thought it was very cute, but she's pretty and sweet, no nose piercings or grungy chest tats like ol' Lantern Jaw Monna had.

My theory is that when LJM (Lantern Jaw Monna) was a child, someone told her she looked like the Wicked Witch (as played by Margaret Hamilton).  Poor, unfortunate looking Monna decided to embrace the truth and pretend she not only liked looking like the Wicked Witch, but that it was a very cool thing.  So she dyed her hair all Manic Panic neon green, got green rhinestone facial piercings where witch's warts would be, had "Once Upon a Time" tattooed on her chest, and went around screeching, "I'm melting! I'm melting!"

drama-1-witch-300x220.jpg

Edited by SnarkyTart
speeling
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Oh, speaking of the Real Dolls, I don't know if anyone else besides me watched the BBCAmerica doc called, Love Me, Love My Doll. It was on five or so years ago -- and it's fantastic (in a koo koo for Cocoa Puffs kinda way). Here ya go:

It reminds me of that movie "Lars and the Real Girl."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jilliannatalia said:

It reminds me of that movie "Lars and the Real Girl."

That was an excellent movie.  Not at all what one would expect from the title.  Sadly, the gentleman [snerk] in the photo above isn't looking for a friend.

• Love 2

I've got a friend who makes those reborn dolls.  She's normal and makes them because its lucrative and she's good at it.  Those doll people are crazy.  I'm looking forward to seeing the case. I'm out of town and missed that one but saw the others.

• Love 2

Did anyone besides me catch Jonelle's complaint about the doll in the hallterview?  "The feet were different sizes."  Or something to that effect.

I was going to say something sexist about these creepy, aging women and their dolls until I realized that they are not so different from creepy, aging men and their sports memorabilia.  Every time I see them I want to say, "But when I became a man, I put away childish things."

• Love 8

l I realized that they are not so different from creepy, aging men and their sports memorabilia. 

This is true, except the sports nuts don't walk around in public cradling their memorabilia, talking to it, crying over it and treating it like it's alive. Or do they? *she asks with trepidation*

Little aside: I had a nephew, much like the woman's "Harry" in the video. I practically raised him until he was three then his parents moved far away too. I was heartbroken, missed him desperately but never thought of buying a doll, dressing it like him and calling it "Johnny." Just writing that creeped me out.

• Love 6

At my last job, we did the Salvation Army angels on a tree.  I loved doing it - shopping for the kids, etc.  And they always asked for typical kid stuff (Pokémon cards, earrings, the latest CD - stuff like that). 

Every year my daughters and I do presents for the Guardian Ad Litem program (foster kids). It's become our family tradition. We typically get the little kids and babies. One year we got a handicapped 2 year old and their only wish was bedsheets. (we ended up getting other stuff and I did make him and his twin sister matching quilts). The biggest things we've gotten were bikes or tricycles (base model bikes from Target/WalMart) and remote control cars. People contribute gift cards to give to the older kids. I don't think any of them ask for Ipads or such. I've gotten several Ipod Shuffles for some foster girls and loaded them up with kid friendly tunes. 

True confession time - years back I made some of those dolls. My kids and I were doing it as part of an art curriculum. The supplies are super expensive - $18 for a pair of glass eyeballs, $25 for a wig, etc, plus firing time and paint etc. Mine certainly weren't as nice as the doll lady. And no I didn't pretend they were real either. I suppose for some ladies it's the same as painting or sewing in terms of artistic expression (as long as the dolls don't talk back lol).  

My SIL played minor league baseball for several years. Lots of retired guys would come to Arizona for spring training and "scout" the players. They would carry their stat books and trade info on which player would be the next Mickey Mantle or Hank Aaron. They would "collect" players like Pokemon cards. I guessing their wives were probably making porcelain dolls instead of sitting in the hot sun. 

Or maybe like if King Xerxes was alive in 2016 and lived in Brooklyn and instead of telling Leonidas that he would make uttering the name Leonidas punishable by death, he would've just called him a bitch and told him to get his life.

27bored, I think you have come up with the next Hamilton! Brilliant description! I just kept look at Ankh Man and pausing the DVR. Is that a look these days? Did I miss the fashion memo? Did Coco Chanel just roll over in her grave like a chicken on a spit? 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

OMG. OMG.

LOL, AngelaHunter. Was what I said that shocking?

27bored, I think you have come up with the next Hamilton! Brilliant description! I just kept look at Ankh Man and pausing the DVR. Is that a look these days? Did I miss the fashion memo? Did Coco Chanel just roll over in her grave like a chicken on a spit?

LOL. Thanks. When I first saw him and that ankh I called him "The Artist Formerly Known as Princess". My girlfriend was laying next to me and she called me butthead. Whooole lot of name-calling going around.

• Love 3

Ep. 1, case 1: Jennie Noonan and her son Christopher were suing former sober-living landladies for a bunch of stuff. Christopher is a recovering (?) addict and parolee (charges: drugs and "something else"...but apparently the Fashion Police are still on his trail). Christopher was ordered to live in a sober living residence, he was asked to take a drug test, refused to do so, and he was told to move out. The landladies said that he broke the rules and he also trashed his room. Christopher's mother (put a dowdy gray jumper-dress on her, and she'd look like someone you'd see in an heirloom photo from the 1910's) is an enabler, and JJ told her to zip it. Jennie was at-the-ready with excuses for Christopher. And, pardon me, but what the hell does their witness look like? He appeared to actually be fighting the weight of his beard hair, attempting to stay upright (well, maybe that was due to the beard hair weight and some of Chris' Oxies).  Jennie claimed that the landladies caused her son to have a manic episode, which then caused him to refuse the drug test. JJ told her that was ridiculous. There were photos -- a complete shithole. Jennie claimed Christopher had been living in a tent in the Toledo Indians' woods (I have no idea), but he was given the ol' bum's rush and might need to come and live with her and Beardo now.

Also, Christopher gave us a new term for the embellishment glossary -- he referred to his SS disability payments "early retirement checks." Also, a note to JJ: We're on the DSM-5 now. Get up to date.

The next episode is titled, "Tragedy at the Dog Park," so I'm moving over to King of Queens.

• Love 4

In Dog Park Playdate Gone Wrong, the Plaintiff delivered her testimony in a sing-song manner that made me want to yell, stop it!  I made a point to listen to her hallterview because I just knew she would speak normally there, and sure enough the sing-song wasn't there at all.  I guess Plaintiff thought she'd come across more authoritatively in the courtroom with the affect she used?  Wrong!

These dog park cases all end the same.  Use at your own risk, people.  Defendant's Great Dane was 120-lbs of beauty and extremely well-behaved in front of Judge Top Dog.

The second case, No Pity for Playing House!, was nothing special really except that the Plaintiff looked like an NFL linebacker in a sleeveless, blue, bodycon dress.  HOWEVER, I thought Byrd was crushing on her!  The camera panned out, and we caught a glimpse of Officer Byrd looking downright insouciant!  Leaning up against JJ's bench, with his ankles crossed!  Come on.  I recognize that phony nonchalance when I see it.  LOL!

Seriously, the pictures of the car after the accident were horrific.  So glad the Plaintiff's three children, as well as the bf, were ok.

• Love 3

In the dog park matter, dopey plaintiff was killing me with that voice, too.  And just so I know, does "Kreckt" work anybody else's last nerve like it does mine?

• Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, arejay said:

In the dog park matter, dopey plaintiff was killing me with that voice, too.  And just so I know, does "Kreckt" work anybody else's last nerve like it does mine?

Oh my, plaintiff was killing me with her 'Doctor on Demand" voice, too (is that REALLY how all California girls try to speak now?)

They also need to stop advising litigants to say KRECKT.

ETA: That Great Dane was GORGEOUS!  What a beautiful, well-behaved girl!

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 6

Christopher was ordered to live in a sober living residence, he was asked to take a drug test, refused to do so, and he was told to move out. The landladies said that he broke the rules and he also trashed his room. 

The landladies should have gotten some cash for having to clean out the room. Methinks there were probably some body parts in the closet. I know several bipolar people and they aren't that scary. The plaintiff had something way spooky going on. Perhaps he paints pictures of clowns in that room.

When I first saw him and that ankh I called him "The Artist Formerly Known as Princess". My girlfriend was laying next to me and she called me butthead. Whooole lot of name-calling going around.

BRILLIANT - simply brilliant. You need to start your own You tube channel. I'll invest - I got this check from my mystery shopping for $4950. You cash it for me and you can keep $2000 as an investment and just give me the rest right away so I can get a few Ipads for my kids before Walmart closes. 

• Love 5

The landladies who ran the sober living facility should have gotten a BUNCH of cash for this!  He filled the damn pipes with CEMENT!

They should have had the sheriff come that first day to get him out.  He had three days to wreak mayhem.

Helicopter mom has a screw loose. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Jennie claimed Christopher had been living in a tent in the Toledo Indians' woods (I have no idea), but he was given the ol' bum's rush and might need to come and live with her and Beardo now.

I know this one!  Tulalip Indians, north of Seattle, Snohomish County. 

I felt bad for Jennie.  She looked to be in her 70's (I'm 71 so I don't feel that 70's is all that old) but her manner and appearance were just what CoolWhipLite described -- from another century, and not equipped to do anything with Christopher except rationalize his behavior.  I don't know what possessed them to sue. 

I wondered why JJ awarded nothing to the landladies for damages, until Christopher mentioned the clogged toilet and fecal matter in the underfloor.  Nope, JJ's not going to get into that.  

• Love 5

Helicopter mom has a screw loose.

Dear lord - I'd feel sorry for Jennie if she hadn't had the chutzpah to sue the facility for not caring properly for her baby snowflake who was damned scary. (Note: Jennie doesn't want him living with her either). However, all I could think of was, "Did Wimpy and Tug Boat Annie have a love child?"

I enjoyed the rerun of Sean Koch, snarling, snapping tiny little landlord, wanting def. to pay to refurbish his house. He continued stamping his little feet in pique even after JJ told him to take a hike and left.

Haven't watch the dog park debacle yet, and don't think I will. Not one of my dogs ever entered a dog park, which is a ridiculous haven for people who think they  want dogs yet are too lazy to walk them and expect them to behave like some Teletubby/Care Bear clones and all just love each other. Get a clue and get off your lazy asses or don't get a dog.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Whatever their motivation or mentall illnesses, people have way too much idle time on their hands these days, from Mr.Weigman, willing to go to the ends of the earth for some tinsel, to nuts who think dolls are real babies and that silicone creations are their wives. No one had time for this shit back in the olden days.

Well, I don't know about the "good old days". I saw a series of pictures/family portraits from the early days of photography (one those deals where you click "NEXT" and get a series of pages full of ads with a picture). Anyway, it was a series of "death pictures" where people took pictures of loved ones after death. Truly disturbing, sometimes the corpse displayed was a child portrayed in a lifelike pose surrounded by siblings or in the arms of parents.

• Love 2

I think those were called Memento Mori, SRTouch.  I don't find them morbid, I do understand that folks like to see their loved ones.  And it may have been that the dead person had never had a photo taken of them before death.  I think photography was a luxury item way back when.

• Love 4

SRTouch and Brattinella <3.....Have you seen the Nicole Kidman movie, The Others?  The death pictures are a wowza element in the film.

Sundance did a kookaluks Mother's Day marathon:  Rosemary's Baby...Psycho...The Others.  I lost my mind and recorded, then binge watched.  Not quite as scary as vintage JJ, but damn close! ;)

• Love 3

Rerun, first case: Came in late, so all I saw was the guy who was there to Prove His Point! with a literal inch of paperwork.

Second case: Defendant doesn't say much, just nods her head constantly like a bobblehead Barbie. She doesn't have to; she's got all the paperwork to show that she went through the proper eviction process, despite the plaintiffs insisting that when they came home to the locks being changed it was a total shock, as if objecting to a process magically makes it go away. I really suspect the couple are Sovereign Citizens from that and their insistence on nitpicky details of their paperwork. "We weren't legally evicted because of this document, and  - " But JJ didn't want to listen, and slapped them down hard when they didn't want to listen to her.

• Love 1

Anyway, it was a series of "death pictures" where people took pictures of loved ones after death.

They did, and it's disturbing and morbid to us. But people back then had a much more pragmatic view (and intimate acquaintance) of/with death, lost children regularly and didn't have the same kind of fear of death we have, and it wasn't whisked out of sight and sanitized as it is now. The pics were keepsakes of loved ones, not A.I. type substitutes with breathing mechanisms for people to dress up and carry around.

You'll want to look for Spencer van der Zee. If he can get $3600 for one of those canvases (and sadly, I bet he can) clearly I've made poor career choices.

As have I.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

In Dog Park Playdate Gone Wrong, the Plaintiff delivered her testimony in a sing-song manner that made me want to yell, stop it!  I made a point to listen to her hallterview because I just knew she would speak normally there, and sure enough the sing-song wasn't there at all.  I guess Plaintiff thought she'd come across more authoritatively in the courtroom with the affect she used?  Wrong!

These dog park cases all end the same.  Use at your own risk, people.  Defendant's Great Dane was 120-lbs of beauty and extremely well-behaved in front of Judge Top Dog.

KRECKT

3 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

The second case, No Pity for Playing House!, was nothing special really except that the Plaintiff looked like an NFL linebacker in a sleeveless, blue, bodycon dress.  HOWEVER, I thought Byrd was crushing on her!  The camera panned out, and we caught a glimpse of Officer Byrd looking downright insouciant!  Leaning up against JJ's bench, with his ankles crossed!  Come on.  I recognize that phony nonchalance when I see it.  LOL!

Seriously, the pictures of the car after the accident were horrific.  So glad the Plaintiff's three children, as well as the bf, were ok.

KRECKT

Sorry, couldn't help myself. JJ could have ruled on these two without sitting down.

Dog park case, plaintiff was smart enough to know she didn't have a chance unless she said the dane had a history of being agressive. So she tried to testify about a conversion overhead by her and her BFF witness, and then nonsense story of the Dane attacking an infant. Too bad defendant couldn't produce the Facebook postings, as I wouldn't put it past the plaintiff to actually put slanderous crap online to harrass defendant. Chances of winning a slander case are slim, but would have enjoyed hearing JJ telling off plaintiff - no wait, thats means we would have had to listen to plaintiff talk some more, glad defendant didn'the have those posts.

Second case even easier to throw out. Plaintiff suing longtime time live in bf, and father of her child, because he wrecked and totaled her uninsured car. Sorry, JJ doesn't like almost married cases, and hates people with no insurance. Then it comes out that plaintiff knew defendant routinely drove car with permit and no license. Chances of her winning any money went from slim to none.

• Love 4

the Plaintiff looked like an NFL linebacker in a sleeveless, blue, bodycon dress.

.. and a Little Mermaid wig. Amazing how everyone's ins. lapses just before an accident, no exceptions. And why does a man the age of the def. just have a learner's permit?

Watched dog park drama. Cassidy - silly little girl with an overactive imagination - is married?! She's not even smart enough or mature enough to have a dog.

I was wishing JJ would say, "Byrd, here's my flyswatter. Do me a favour and go spank that bitch."

He was almost as bad as stalking dude from last year.

He gave off a very creepy vibe. Defendant thought he was just fine though. I wonder if she'd changed her mind about marriage being "just a piece of paper."

• Love 5

Anyway, it was a series of "death pictures" where people took pictures of loved ones after death. Truly disturbing, sometimes the corpse displayed was a child portrayed in a lifelike pose surrounded by siblings or in the arms of parents.

I've seen those.  A little creepy.

I was wishing JJ would say, "Byrd, here's my flyswatter. Do me a favour and go spank that bitch."

You guys are hilarious!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

And why does a man the age of the def. just have a learner's permit?

My guess is that in the 10 years he's had it, he's NEVER. Passed. The. Test!

Little Mermaid. Flyswatter. 

Gems.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Brattinella said:

ETA: That Great Dane was GORGEOUS!  What a beautiful, well-behaved girl!

Gorgeous dog! That collar made me cringe though. :(  It was a choke-collar with prongs on it, clearly they have no ability to control that dog or they wouldn't keep it on her. And the way the witness was pulling on it constantly made me queasy. Poor dog. :(

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Watched dog park drama. Cassidy - silly little girl with an overactive imagination - is married?! She's not even smart enough or mature enough to have a dog.

Just a guess, based on the statement that hubby is overseas and they live in Oceanside, California. I suspect this might be a neighborhood in housing for junior enlisted Marines at Camp Pendleton.

Edited by SRTouch
Clarification
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SRTouch said:

KRECKT

KRECKT

Sorry, couldn't help myself. JJ could have ruled on these two without sitting down.

Krimey, kriminy, Kaleidoscope-al-ly KRECKT!! :) Where DO these people come from?  (And pls don't say the Primordial Ooze!  Even OozerLosers deserve better!) :D

You know I don't understand ppl who take their exes to court for long-lost tvs and mattresses and holes in the wall.  When I dated, once I decided no, nope, sayonara, I said goodbye, then stopped answering calls, texts or knocks at the door.  I just wanted the guys to disappear.  (There were never babies/children in the mix, though.) Once a person starts suing for a frying pan and a half-melted spatula, or the $99 balance on his/her verizon bill, s/he will NEVER be free!  But maybe that's the point? Jeez, cut your losses and move along!  Scat!  Shoo!

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Cynna said:

Gorgeous dog! That collar made me cringe though. :(  It was a choke-collar with prongs on it, clearly they have no ability to control that dog or they wouldn't keep it on her. And the way the witness was pulling on it constantly made me queasy. Poor dog. :(

Time for a reconnaissance mission!  Save the pup.  (I've done it in RL. Daunting!)  Some people just don't deserve the privilege of pets, imo.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Cynna said:

I don't know HOW i missed that!  Damn.  Poor dog. :( 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

And, pardon me, but what the hell does their witness look like? He appeared to actually be fighting the weight of his beard hair, attempting to stay upright (well, maybe that was due to the beard hair weight and some of Chris' Oxies). 

I was wondering when Pappy Beardy McBeardFace was going to speak and what he might have added! Maybe he was one of Christopher's homeless friends? I really felt bad for Christopher (as did JJ). Yeah, he left the place a shithole and his enabling mother should have let bygones by bygones in this case, but mental illness is a bitch and he really seemed to have had his share of struggles with it. Not excusing him - or his unfortunate leather coat that might have been too large for the Statue of Liberty but it still sucks to have to live with that disease.

That collar made me cringe though.

Just to ease your mind, that's a prong collar. Even though it looks like a torture device, it is much humane than a choke chain, which can and does cause tracheal damage and even collapse. I once saw a Dalmatian black out and fall to the ground after being strangled with a choke chain. Prong collars won't do that and they don't hurt. Like anything else they must used properly and in conjuction with training but if you go into a pet store and put one on your arm, you'll see there's no pain even if you pull it tight.

• Love 12
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, Miss Ruth said:

His stuff looks like a bunch of alt-rock albums from the 80's.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:00 PM, CoolWhipLite said:

Sometimes I get sucked in by odd documentaries. It may have been on Netflix or on the BBC iPlayer --- it was a documentary about people who treat those baby dolls like real human babies. 

Wait --- I found it!  Here it is on YouTube 

Ah yes...My Fake baby.  I was feeling sympathy for Grandma until she asked the daughter to move to Australia without her son.  That took balls, I'd be concerned about leaving him there with her unsupervised.  I'm also extremely glad the woman with 80's big hair never had real children.  Her having to wash the baby buggy wheels was just odd.  And the way she freaked out because the doll she special ordered was damaged, and didn't want to have it repaired because she'd always know it wasn't "perfect".  Scary.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:23 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Well, you know that central heating has been the ruination of this country.  People didn't have time for nonsense when they had to shovel coal!

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Minus anyone yelling out, "Slut!" I agree.

And the shit would all be new!

I thought he kind of sort of said that if the landlady saw the actual value of his treasures in dollars and cents and knew she might be charged for them, it would frighten her into rounding them up pronto.

I have something I call the "Shower curtain liner theory".  I needed a new shower curtain liner.  I saw one at Kroger for $4.99.  My outraged geezer gene kicked in and I thought, "$4.99!  Why, I can get the same thing at the Dollar Store for a dollar.  So I go to the Dollar Store and $25.00 worth of junk later, I had my $1.00 shower curtain liner.  Doh!!

• Love 12

I have something I call the "Shower curtain liner theory". 

I adhere to the same theory. And do the same thing. I love and adore the Dollar store and enter it as does a kid a candy shop (or whatever modern equivalent applies)

I'm also extremely glad the woman with 80's big hair never had real children.  Her having to wash the baby buggy wheels was just odd.

I got the feeling she's one of those OCD clean freaks we see on other shows - you know, the kind who bathes her kids in Dettol.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, Bunnyhop said:

I have something I call the "Shower curtain liner theory".  I needed a new shower curtain liner.  I saw one at Kroger for $4.99.  My outraged geezer gene kicked in and I thought, "$4.99!  Why, I can get the same thing at the Dollar Store for a dollar.  So I go to the Dollar Store and $25.00 worth of junk later, I had my $1.00 shower curtain liner.  Doh!!

I used to be like that, until I realized that the $1.00 shower curtain liner will need to be replaced in a month as opposed to the $4.99 one that will have to be replaced in, let's say 6 months.  A monthly run for dollar store curtain liners will negate the purchase.  My mom was always buying me jeans from Wal-Mart.  They're cheaper than in the clothing store by A LOT!  Perhaps, but I'd get 6 months out of them before they'd rip out somewhere, or I'd have to return every pair she bought me because the size on the tag didn't match the size of the pants (sometimes off by as much as 3 inches), but the ones I got at the clothing store will last me THREE YEARS - and that's with daily wear.  The fabric often wears thin before they rip out.  So $40 vs $15 - in the long run, it's a no brainer because she'll spend more in a year on jeans from W-M than I do in three years from the clothing store.

• Love 3