Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

When the iPhone came up at the end, plus a mysterious credit card, one of the defendants mentioned a business they were in together, and the phone was related to that. It must have been a messy financial situation. I think Judge Judy didn’t want to get into trying to figuring out the mess with anything to do with the business for some reason, and given the way they all responsed at the beginning they must have all agreed to that before walking in, but the plaintiff just couldn’t let it go. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

I think this happens a lot and the litigants have a strong sense of why they are awarded (in this case) a mixer and a refrigerator and not an iPhone.

Not the defendant since he kept going back to it despite JJ's unexplained choice to not consider that aspect of the claim.

3 hours ago, Bramble said:

I think Judge Judy didn’t want to get into trying to figuring out the mess with anything to do with the business for some reason, and given the way they all responsed at the beginning they must have all agreed to that before walking in

A very plausible explanation, but we will never know since she never deigned to explain anything to her lowly viewers.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I don't understand how a thousand dollars worth of phone is worth less than a thousand dollars worth of kitchen mixer.

A three year old Kitchen Aid is worth 5x the  value of a 3yr old iPhone IMHO. 

Also, I think JJ has figured out that no one is really making those phone payments.  Kind of like the rent to own TV & furniture litigants.

Random thought...would the entire world grind to halt if everyone had to pay cash, upfront for a cell phone?

Edited by zillabreeze
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Random thought...would the entire world grind to halt if everyone had to pay cash, upfront for a cell phone?

Yes. And if the world had to pay cash for everything short of a home and (perhaps) an automobile it would explode after it stopped.

41 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

A three year old Kitchen Aid is worth 5x the  value of a 3yr old iPhone IMHO

Amen. We just bought our daughter beautiful new KitchenAid for a wedding shower gift last week. The finish on it is simply beautiful and nicer than most cars I’ve owned. Perfection!

• Love 6
22 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Roommate Meets Jail Cell!

All these roommate situations always work out so well, don't they? These three, living in the "Good Ol' Boy House of Hunks" (I couldn't help thinking of the Irish Rovers' "Wasn't That a Party?") are proof of that. Mr. Stansbury, who ended this less-than-cordial relationship by being thrown into the slammer, could have least washed his hair before his appearance here. Bunch of pathetic dipshits. I also didn't want to hear about the 2K iPhone that this yahoo is squawking about. The def who looked like the guy from Pawn Stars has a wife who is willing to settle for anything. 

Pushing, Shoving and Bleeding?!

OMG, more stoopid fucking roommates. These people are way too old to be doing the college dorm/pajama party thing. Battling biddies! The last memory I have of being in a "physical altercation" my age was in single digits. And why do people think that when they - way past middle age - are in such dire straits that they have to bunk in a room in the home of a stranger, they really need a dog?

Damning Vandalism and Theft Caught on Tape?!

Ugh, I remember that. This woman is such an empty-headed dumbass, thinking that def would be her perfect housemate that I didn't think she deserved one penny back. Her reward is that she is still in the land of the living. 

This endless stupidity is depressing.

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I decided to skip this bullshit.

I find myself doing that more and more often. Evidently I’m not going to live forever (who knew?) and I don’t want to spend what time I have left listening to two ex lover guys argue over the ass kicking one guy started and probably deserved. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

A three year old Kitchen Aid is worth 5x the  value of a 3yr old iPhone IMHO. 

Indeed. I have two KA mixers, one which I bought 20 years ago and another one I inherited about 10 years later and which I keep in case the other one breaks down but it is still going strong. I suppose I could give one away but what could I do then if the other one decides to clock out?

I suppose I could sue in small claims court claiming an implicit extended warranty and protection under stand mixer lemon laws. We know how well that usually turns out...

Edited by Florinaldo
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

I could sue in small claims court claiming an implicit extended warranty and protection under stand mixer lemon laws.

I remember a litigant the other day (I think it was Cleopatra the Uber driver) mention the lemon law in her case against the dealer that sold her the beater she was suing for. When I stopped laughing and rolling my eyes I remembered that this is the stupidity and lack of understanding of how the world turns that helps keeps the cycle of poverty going. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

(I think it was Cleopatra the Uber driver) mention the lemon law in her case against the dealer that sold her the beater she was suing for

Oh, yes - the invocation of the Great Lemon Law, created to prevent idiots from suffering the unforeseeable consequences of buying 9-year old Fiestas.  We're going to need more laws as the population continues to dumb down. The "I Trusted Him" law would allow anyone to back out of any contract into which they enter because their feelings are hurt.

5 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

this is the stupidity and lack of understanding of how the world turns that helps keeps the cycle of poverty going. 

It's also what keeps court shows from ever running out of material. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, Byrd is the Word said:

The fact that he left the residence without the phone suggests to me that he wasn’t using it himself and there is some question of ownership. It’s also likely that elements of his (the plaintiff’s) own statement called the phone’s ownership into question. I think this happens a lot and the litigants have a strong sense of why they are awarded (in this case) a mixer and a refrigerator and not an iPhone.  At one point he claimed that the phone was valued at $2,000 which would make it the most expensive iPhone ever and doesn’t make sense. I’m with you though; I’d like to know why. One thing for certain, that hellhole of a house reeks of stale beer and farts.

He was doing a lease-to-own through Cricket.  Cricket doesn't do phone contract plans, so you can't add a phone on to your contract and just pay a few bucks extra a month.  I use Cricket and absolutely love it (4 lines of unlimited everything for $100/mo).  But if you want a phone, you pay through the nose for a fancy one (everyone in my family uses a sub $100 phone, except for my husband, who has an iPhone SE that he needed for a prior job - cost me $250).  They offer a lease-to-own option through a 3rd party finance company, which requires a substantial down payment, and high monthly payments.  Only suckers fall for that.

Edited by funky-rat
Continuity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

3 p.m. Rerun-

Kid named Wyld or WIld,   was bitten by dog, he was riding his bike at the off leash dog park, and the defendant and his witness claim the kid constantly harassed the dogs in the park.    The defendant has a transcript from the dangerous dog hearing, and brought one witness.   Unfortunately, the witness saw other teasing by the kid, and of the dogs on other occasions, so he has nothing relevant to say.     The defendant says the kid actually went very close to the dog with his bike, and almost hit the dog.   Even though the plaintiff will get his out-of-pocket fees, I think the kid is as big a problem as the defendant says.     The suit is for damages, pain and suffering, and medical bills.    JJ rules dog was not under owner control, and owner has to pay $250.   Defendant says dog has poked dogs in the eyes, and other acts, unsupervised by the father at the dog park.  

DJ being sued for $1,000 for not showing up for wedding.  Don't know how this came out, because I got interrupted to answer the door.   The only receipt the plaintiff had was for $200.    

Plaintiff wants her two English Bulldogs back from defendant, after plaintiff gave the dogs to them to keep them because she couldn't afford them.     Plaintiff wants $4100 for the dogs.     Defendants gave away one dog, and have the other dog.   Defendant's witness (renter of plaintiff's home, that was later evicted) says plaintiff dumped the dogs on her, and three days later the plaintiff's picked them up, but wanted them rehomed.   

The defendant's witness posted online to find a new home, and the defendants agreed to take the dogs.          JJ says the people had no right to rehome the one dog.    Plaintiff said that if the people and dogs fell in love, they could stay.   Defendants say plaintiff abandoned the dogs, plaintiff says she might want the dogs back.   The dog that was given away was later resold on craigslist, after three days,  and plaintiff got the dog back.      I'm so confused.   

Plaintiff can get her dog back, or $1500, she chooses the money.   

5 p.m. 

New show-

Stop Laughing! Your Dog is Dead-Defendant invited over to plaintiff woman's apartment for visit.    He accidentally stepped on woman's Pomeranian.    Plaintiff starts laughing when man says it was an accident.   JJ doesn't believe that woman said, "Please don't step on my dog".   Plaintiff also tries to make the man out to be drunk when he arrived, and other apparent lies.    Plaintiff case dismissed.  

Accused of Crashing His Friend's New Mini-Bike (JJ has defendant jump on one foot, and he does)-Plaintiff suing former friend for crashing his brand new mini-bike.    Defendant was a beginning rider, hit a curb and flew off.    Defendant is a fool, and is lucky he wasn't hurt worse.  Plaintiff actually has all of the evidence JJ asks for, how refreshing that is.   Defendant says "It was fun before I crashed"  Plaintiff gets $1,089, and wrecked bike goes to defendant, and then plaintiff gets the bike.

Rerun-

Endangered Child Rescue!-Child gets locked in car, and passes out as adults frantically try to open vehicle.   Defendant (daughter of live in of plaintiff, with her two little kids) got her kid locked his car, and plaintiff smashed the car window to get the kids out.   Defendant says her mother locked the kids in the car, not her.    Locksmith can't get in the car, baby is in distress, plaintiff broke his window, and the grandmother takes car of the baby, not the mother.   Plaintiff had the window replaced, and had more keys made so the lock in couldn't happen again.     Text message from daughter (kid's mother) says she'll pay with her tax refund for the window and keys.    Daughter (mother of kids) left a lot of junk behind when she moved, and they had to get a dumpster to get rid of mattresses, and other junk she left behind.  The defendant says she's underage, so nothing is her fault.     

Defendant moved in with shack up, and left all kinds of junk behind, and stuff that she moved in and abandoned.     $400 for plaintiff (Defendant's boyfriend says they replaced everything, and don't need anything but the money, so they get nothing).

Child Surrogacy Meets Plastic Surgery!-Plaintiff suing sister defendant for two loans, $2150, and $2350.      Too bad the plaintiff didn't loan her enough to get those awful looking roots done.    Plaintiff needs only one loan back, to pay lawyer fees for her own suit against surrogate parents she suing for not paying her everything.     In July defendant went for plastic surgery consultation, to get a bigger rack.    Defendant says that there is a condo inherited from late mom, and the proceeds will pay for the new boobs for her, and claims her sister doesn't need money.    JJ brings up the fact that the defendants three kids, have no college fund either, except what the grandma put in for the kids. but mommy can get bigger boobs.    Why do I think that the bigger boobs will be used at her evening job until 1 a.m.?    $2350 for plaintiff.  

I hate both of these women.   

(Tomorrow is the dress case where the defendant is wearing what looks like hefty bags, including a giant bow).

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Here I go, boarding the express train to hell . . .

I haven't seen the dog-bite case again, but I remembered it as soon as I read the name Wyld.  Horrible brat and arrogant father who thinks his kid is made of rainbows and entitlement.  I should keep this case on my DVR and watch it every time I start thinking it wouldn't be so very bad if Roe v. Wade got overturned.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Child Surrogacy Meets Plastic Surgery!-Plaintiff suing sister defendant for two loans, $2150, and $2350.      Too bad the plaintiff didn't loan her enough to get those awful looking roots done.    Plaintiff needs only one loan back, to pay lawyer fees for her own suit against surrogate parents she suing for not paying her everything.     In July defendant went for plastic surgery consultation, to get a bigger rack.    Defendant says that there is a condo inherited from late mom, and the proceeds will pay for the new boobs for her, and claims her sister doesn't need money.    JJ brings up the fact that the defendants three kids, have no college fund either, except what the grandma put in for the kids. but mommy can get bigger boobs.    Why do I think that the bigger boobs will be used at her evening job until 1 a.m.?    $2350 for plaintiff.  

I hate both of these women.   

Just reading this is mind boggling. In a sick sort of way, I'm sorry to have missed it.   This really does sound more Jerry Springer than JJ.   I hate them both, too, and didn't even see the show.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Endangered Child Rescue!

The disgusting piles of rotten crap this no mind teen mom left behind are the least disgusting elements of this dumpster fire of a family.

It was interesting that defendant mom/plaintiff witness had horrible looking meth type teeth and the boyfriend plaintiff looked like Walter White a.k.a. Heisenberg. #BreakingBad

Why do I think that the bigger boobs will be used at her evening job until 1 a.m.?    $2350 for plaintiff.  

If she’s working the pole (shudders at the thought) I hope it’s good and sturdy. Btw, her boobs were completely overshadowed by her adult braces and weird mouth.

Edited by Byrd is the Word
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I used to watch Dr. 90210, and they usually attach the new appendages to the chest muscle, so they stay in place.    I bet that's exactly what her job is, because there aren't many jobs that end at 1 a.m.

Going to Mexico for plastic surgery may be cheaper, but not always a great idea.   I hope the bargain price is worth it.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Plaintiff starts laughing when man says it was an accident.

This one starts off like any other case until Miss Aussie Bunny Boiler flips her lid in a major fashion.  The booty call BF who seems a little smarmy (maybe it’s just the Southern California cool oozing out) but not the type to deliberately step on a tiny dog and pretty clearly did so accidently. Bat shit plaintiff goes from laughing in court to a full blown rave out in hallterview. Evidently she sent videos to the defendant of her dog howling in pain. Really?? Why the F would a person do that? The defendant seems remorseful. The plaintiff seems in need of serious pharmaceuticals and a straight jacket.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

This one starts off like any other case until Miss Aussie Bunny Boiler flips her lid in a major fashion.  The booty call BF who seems a little smarmy (maybe it’s just the Southern California cool oozing out) but not the type to deliberately step on a tiny dog and pretty clearly did so accidently. Bat shit plaintiff goes from laughing in court to a full blown rave out in hallterview. Evidently she sent videos to the defendant of her dog howling in pain. Really?? Why the F would a person do that? The defendant seems remorseful. The plaintiff seems in need of serious pharmaceuticals and a straight jacket.

I laughed when she made this huge deal about the Defendant being drunk, then freaked out that he didn't offer to drive her somewhere.  Hellooo…..he's supposedly drunk......

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

This one starts off like any other case until Miss Aussie Bunny Boiler flips her lid in a major fashion.

I think she was ready for her close-up, Mr. DeMille. . . . her rant in the hallterview was definitely practiced in front of her bedroom mirror multiple times before she hit the studio. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The disgusting piles of rotten crap this no mind teen mom left behind are the least disgusting elements of this dumpster fire of a family.

Oh, hell. That dumb big buffalo knows how to do one thing only and that's spread her beefy legs for her big-boobed little man. Her mom seemed to think there was something funny, kind of amusing, about a baby - HER grandchild -  being left in a hot car until it loses consciousness(!!)  And was that brainless sow knocked up again? Well, after all, it's her right to shit out another helpless infant every time she lets that little freak climb aboard. This disturbed me greatly.

14 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

The booty call BF who seems a little smarmy

Let's see... he's spending New Year's Eve with his girlfriend. Bunny Boiler calls him to come over. Maybe she had an itch she needed him to scratch, so he just tells his girlfriend he's splitting to go visit another woman and she's fine with that. Actually, maybe she WAS fine with it and was glad to see him go. Kind of a bland, nothing drip, he was and maybe g/f was bored to death. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Endangered Child Rescue!-Child gets locked in car, and passes out as adults frantically try to open vehicle. 

Oh, and BTW, smashing the window should have been the first thing that yahoo did, not the last resort, FFS! They should all be jail, getting the shit beaten out of them every day. 

• Love 4

3 p.m. reruns-

Best Man Limo Disaster!-Plaintiff is suing limo company owner for damages he was charged for limo damages after a bachelor party.   Limo owner says the limo had interior damage, illicit drug use, cigarette burns, and can with cigarette ashes. (no smoking in the limo).      The plaintiff claims the smoker only smoked outside the limo.     Plaintiff wants $775 for damages back, because the limo driver isn't present, or any other witnesses.    Manager who checks in limos saw the damages, including lots of empty beer cans, knocked over beer cans, etc.    Credit card company upheld the charges of $775.   I want to see the video of the plaintiffs all getting armpit hairs pulled (except Colin the smoker) , for a drug test.   Plaintiff's case was dismissed.    

Black Lab Leftovers-Plaintiff wants $460 back for black lab puppy, that defendant sold her.   Plaintiff didn't want the puppy after two days.  Defendant took puppy back, and said if she sold the puppy, then she would give the plaintiff her money back.  

Defendant did not resell the puppy, she gave the puppy away after a month.   No money for puppy, equals no money for idiot puppy buyer.   

Luxury Car Lemon!?-Plaintiff bought a lemon Lexus, and wants repair, tow fees, and diagnostic on the 1997 ES300 Lexus.    (this was probably filmed in 2015), and plaintiff spent thousands ($1700) to fix the car, and mechanics $3850 more.   Car only cost $1500, and ran for two weeks, then she spent $1700 on the repairs.    The car was at the garage for months, awaiting money for repairs, and finally drove it home in April.      Then plaintiff took the car to the Lexus dealership, and had it towed for a diagnostic (towed to and back from the dealer a month later).    JJ dismisses the defendant's counter claim for repairs, storage, and harassment.     The original $1500 was a replacement motor.    Plaintiff gets $1700 so Sainted SIngle Mother of One gets her mechanical work back.   

Austin Freebie!-Plaintiff suing defendant for ticket to Austin, an iPhone (bought one for woman after knowing her for a month, and upgraded to the new phone, but didn't return the original phone).    Defendant claims she returned the first iPhone, and had it credited to plaintiff's account.     Defendant took first trip to Austin, and cancelled the second flight, and she claims she told him a month before, but plaintiff says she broke up with him a week or so before.      Defendant went to Austin anyway, and went bar hopping.    $201 for plaintiff for the second ticket.    Honestly, I don't like either litigant.   

Grandma the Car Thief?!-Grandma defendant brings up she baby sat the plaintiff's child (her grandchild) the entire time they were in Florida.   Grandma has zero answer when JJ asks what that has to do with the down payment on a car for her.     Daughter/plaintiff had a down payment for the car, and put the car in grandma's (defendant) name (better credit than daughter).       Grandma got upset when friend of plaintiff drove the car (bet it was a man friend), and claimed the car wasn't insured for that other driver.   Grandma left, and took the car.    However, the grandma claims she made the payments on the car, but she took it a week later.     $1500 down payment back to the plaintiff.

5 p.m. shows-

New-

He'll Never Find Me in Egypt!-Plaintiff pays $3k for a car (Suburban) to plaintiff, car is stolen, and police find the car.     Car is recovered, but broken windshield, rekeyed, etc., car was put in friend of defendant's friend, and defendant never gave the $3k back.    Defendant was still advertising it for sale too.     

When defendant came back from Egypt she took the car back, but she still didn't pay $3k, but did a promissory note for car.     Three months later (agreed on date with plaintiff), no payments, and she has rotten car.    PLaintiff got paid, and defendant is still a passive/aggressive jerk, and scammer.

Oh No! Judge Judy's Making a Call!-Plaintiff was bitten by defendant's dog (she's ex-girlfriend of plaintiff's son).     Plaintiff went to defendant's house to pick up son,   Outside garage door was open, and when inside garage door opened, the dog got out, and bit the plaintiff.    Defendant claims mother didn't take kids out, and woman was bitten, but instead plaintiff went into the house.   

JJ is going to call defendant's Mom, and Mom says the story was exactly as the plaintiff said.   Defendant looks queasy, and she should.   

The defendant's mother confirmed the plaintiff's story, and the amount the plaintiff is suing for is minimal, but the defendant sent very nasty messages to the plaintiff.   Dog was put down after it bit another woman a month later.    

$1500 to plaintiff.  

Rerun-

Wedding Dress Distress-(the rerun where the plaintiff designer/seamstress did the wedding dress, and is wearing what looks like a bunch of black garbage bags, including a huge bow for court)-Plaintiff actually was on a local TV news program in a modified dress to claim it's very ugly, and it was after plaintiff changed it.    The defendant has a picture of the dress when it was finished, and the plaintiff removed the nice touches, and it looked awful when she claimed on TV the dress was nothing like she ordered.     Plaintiff paid less for the dress than because it was not totally finished.   $490 was owed, and paid $300.     Designer says the plaintiff and mother caused a big scene at pick up.      This is a completed contract at the reduced price, because plaintiff took the dress, and she will be getting money.

Apparently, it's one of the wedding dress, and reception dress two dress situation.     Defendant says the dress was ripped apart, posted on social media slamming the designer, and went on the local TV news show.   The designer picture is lovely, and the plaintiff's picture after she took the dress apart was hideous.    By the way, cramming too much person into a satin dress is a bad idea.   Momzilla took the beady piece off of the dress, and put it on the wedding dress, but it's still fraud, 

Plaintiff gets nothing, and defendant gets $2500.

Pregnant and Panicked!-Plaintiff suing family friend for unpaid loans.     When defendant's hours were cut back, she couldn't pay her insurance ($280).    Defendant claims the plaintiff wanted her policy number, to pay her insurance.     

Defendant backed into a neighbor's vehicle, and then left the scene.    She also claims that when she had the accident she panicked, and left, parked the car at Brake Master's, and plaintiff paid that bill too.   The accident cost plaintiff $500, then loaned her another $200, equaling $980.      

$780 for the plaintiff, no proof of the extra $200.     I wonder if the neighbor saw this, and figured out who whacked their car and left?   I hope so. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Wow, just watching a repeat from last November (second 5pm ep basically). It's a Dress case for a change, but the dress maker... wow, big puffy vinyl top, shocking white wig with red lips and missing teeth. She literally couldn't search her papers without her top creaking. I think the editor couldn't quite believe her appearance since it kept cutting back to her for no real reason. The dressmaker did win the slander counter claim, but I just couldn't stop watching her.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Someone's gotta post a pic of the garbage bag dress! I'd forgotten this ep was on and missed it!  Dang.

But I did see the phone call to Mom.  Hee.  Loved watching the audience during that - they must get to see/hear.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

designer/seamstress did the wedding dress, and is wearing what looks like a bunch of black garbage bags, including a huge bow for court)

I’m beginning to think that anybody that caters to brides and hasn’t spent time in prison on a manslaughter conviction is a remarkable human being.

By the way, cramming too much person into a satin dress is a bad idea.

Unless your goal is to look like a homemade breakfast sausage.

The accident cost plaintiff $500, then loaned her another $200, equaling $980.

I’m hoping the next time I vent to a friend they throw free money at me too. It hasn’t happened yet, but maybe I’m doing it wrong.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

He'll Never Find Me in Egypt!

OMG, the idiocy never ends. Def seems to be some sociopathic scammer, and plaintiff wants a car even though, of course, he has no license to drive a car. Gee, I wonder why?

Oh No! Judge Judy's Making a Call!

I just tried watching this but couldn't finish it. The word "Dog" puts me right off because I know without even hearing what happened that some poor animal suffered because its owner is a dumbass. I did notice that the fecund, yet stupid "Duh" defendant likes to have babies with some guys. It's a miracle plaintiff's darling boy (looking like he came straight from Munchkinland and who needs his Mommy to come to get him) didn't knock her up before they were "splitten" up.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Someone's gotta post a pic of the garbage bag dress! I'd forgotten this ep was on and missed it!  Dang.

But I did see the phone call to Mom.  Hee.  Loved watching the audience during that - they must get to see/hear.

Did not care for the dress. But I definitely appreciated her case and was pleased by the outcome. 

C207A320-DCAD-4A9C-AEB7-49FB0BB025EF.jpeg

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Someone's gotta post a pic of the garbage bag dress! I'd forgotten this ep was on and missed it!

Here you go. Yes, she may have looked as though she lost a challenge on "Project Runway" but still not as bad as plaintiff who expected to look like a model with that giant ass and the huge bulges and ripples she was displaying.

ETA: Oops. ByrdistheWord and I posted just about the same time - same pic too!!! 🤔

dress8_resized.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Personal note and not too far afield, our daughter is getting married in June.  Last week after countless emails back and forth for two months her florist flaked claiming an opportunity to go to Jamaica makes it impossible to do the wedding. Within hours the deposit money was returned and no hard feelings. No Facebook slander or foul mouthed text messages. Evidently you won’t be seeing #2 child or me this fall on an upcoming JJ episode and our 15 minutes of fame will have to wait. 😕

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Here you go. Yes, she may have looked as though she lost a challenge on "Project Runway" but still not as bad as plaintiff who expected to look like a model with that giant ass and the huge bulges and ripples she was displaying.

ETA: Oops. ByrdistheWord and I posted just about the same time - same pic too!!! 🤔

dress8_resized.jpg

Now I know what I seeing in my mind’s eye. She’s Batman’s prom date!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Occasionally, I watch JJ on Youtube searching for new episodes. I will never again do this. I just came upon an episode about a woman suing her neighbor for "shooting her cat with a bow and arrow". I did not watch the episode and will forever be tormented by those words. 

• Love 1

OMG that's hilarious!!  You may recall that one of the big reasons I watch this show (yeah, huh) is the fashion!  This is just beyond amazing. 

Thanks to AH and Byrd for helping out.  Two great minds, indeed!  

Gotta go back to see whether this was the Plaintiff or the Def.  Hee!!

• Love 4

She was the defendant and won a slander counter suit. The plaintif was borderline bridezilla (not as bad as some zillas we've seen but very close) and made the mistake of going to the press and using the Defendant-made dress as an example of a 'bad dress'... AFTER she had had the dress further modified. 

Really the Defendant didn't really do much; so the editors just cut to shots of her randomly for the wow factor. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Gotta go back to see whether this was the Plaintiff or the Def. 

The def, who worked and got ripped off and libeled by plaintiff who is a big, ugly, sour Bridezilla who expects an haute couture wedding dress for 490$ (and paid only 390$ after she and her dragon Mommy squawked to the def).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Personal note and not too far afield, our daughter is getting married in June.  Evidently you won’t be seeing #2 child or me this fall on an upcoming JJ episode and our 15 minutes of fame will have to wait. 😕

There's still a chance that DJ will have some dead air or play songs out of order..... that's worth lotto money - I mean regular bo-NAAAAAN-za stuff!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SRTouch said:

There's still a chance that DJ will have some dead air or play songs out of order.

Or he might even take your money upfront then not show up or call on the wedding day if he has some personal problems, like an upcoming divorce, bankruptcy or if he has warrants and gets arrested. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

3 p.m., both reruns-

Truth Has Its Day in Court!-A woman's violent past comes into play when she accuses another woman of harassment.  Plaintiff is suing her ex-boyfriend's boss, and alleges the defendant sent a letter about the non-payment for judgment in small claims court suit plaintiff lost.      Plaintiff sued for repair of windows on defendant's property of the travel trailer that defendant owns, and ex-boyfriend was living in as part of salary.     After months of non-payment the defendant sent letters to a bunch of people plaintiff knew, outlining her shady behavior.    When the deputies tried to serve the plaintiff at work, the first two servers were told she didn't work at Kaiser-Permanente, the third deputy was successful.    

Oh no!  The plaintiff is some kind of nurse?   Poor patients, I hope they don't make her mad.  Plaintiff is a Sainted Single Mother of Four (SSMOF).    The amount from the small claims was $80, but it's the principle isn't it?    The plaintiff only paid the $80 after the letters were sent out, and her employer talked to her about her bad judgment.  

$0 for plaintiff.

Hijacked Rental Car, Stolen Cash-Former friends fight about rental car fees and ticket sales.   Plaintiff rented a car for defendant, did not turn the car in on time, and rental company called and told the plaintiff the car wasn't back.    Defendant has a huge titty tat of a butterfly, on both hooters.    Defendant says she didn't return the car because she wasn't a listed driver, so plaintiff had to return it.   $352.80 is still owed on the rental car, because defendant kept it for four days.    However, plaintiff says the defendant was a listed driver.   

Plaintiff also was foolish enough to collect ticket sales at the defendant's event because defendant said she would pay her for her time, and for working the ticket sales.   Defendant is so shady.      Defendant's witness claims plaintiff stole from the ticket sales, and he's shady too.    Plaintiff gets $582.80

Hong Kong Freak -Out?!-(Classic episode)-Plaintiff rents room from weirdo daughter of nutso mommy (nutso mommy owns the condo) for hostile living conditions.    The plaintiff notices there were a lot of cameras inside the unit, but thought they were lights, and found one aimed at her bedroom.    Defendant daughter claimed to be moving to Hong Kong forever, and tenant saw a live feed of all four indoor cameras, on pointed at tenants bedroom, and bathroom door.   Condo owner/mommy said her daughter had big issues.    On return from Hong Kong, defendant daughter was totally paranoid, and claims she had a medical issue (sigmoidoscopy), and came back to condo from Hong Kong after two days.     

The mother/condo owner is a whacked out as her daughter.    Defendant has to give back the security deposit, but gets to keep the rent for the month, so $1k for the plaintiff.  

Pit Bull Arm Chomp!- Woman viciously attacked while shielding her young niece form a pit bull (so much for the statements that pits aren't people aggressive, just dog aggressive garbage)-(I remember this one, and it's horrible for the plaintiff, and her little niece).  Plaintiff is suing defendant for the attack on her by the defendant's pit bull.   Dog is always kept in a cage in the house.     Defendant claims the plaintiff attacked the dog.    Defendant was walking her pit (she lives with three little kids 4, 3, 2 years old), that's a rescue dog and hyper.     

Plaintiff and her young niece were standing outside, the dog lunged, broke the leash, came after them, and latched onto the plaintiff when she shielded her niece from the dog's attack.  Defendant claims the little girl ran toward the dog, and caused him to break the leash, and plaintiff punched the dog, and the dog bit in self-defense.   Defendant keeps claiming the plaintiff lied about the attack, and created her own injuries.   The photo of the plaintiff's under arm looks horrific, with a lot of stitches, and bruising.  The scar is about 5-6" long, and if the plaintiff would have been a smaller woman, then the dog would have ripped her arm muscles to shreds instead of outer arm tissue.      Plaintiff had to hit the dog a bunch of times, to get him to release her arm.     

My question is why anyone would keep a dog they had to cage up constantly, except for brief walks?   

Animal control never could catch up to the dog, it lives at the defendant fool's father's farm.   $3k for plaintiff, and she should have sued for $5k. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Byrd is the Word said:

Personal note and not too far afield, our daughter is getting married in June.  Last week after countless emails back and forth for two months her florist flaked claiming an opportunity to go to Jamaica makes it impossible to do the wedding. Within hours the deposit money was returned and no hard feelings. No Facebook slander or foul mouthed text messages. Evidently you won’t be seeing #2 child or me this fall on an upcoming JJ episode and our 15 minutes of fame will have to wait. 😕

Congrats in advance. I have two married daughters and it is possible for people to get married without losing their minds in the process. We had a few hiccups (flowers for one wedding were not at ALL what they were supposed to look like, transportation to the reception showed up late so we were all awkwardly standing around, one bride threw a hissy and just COULDN'T wear her planned dress so we had to buy one off the rack at the last minute and get it altered, and one reception had to be rescheduled due to a job situation with the groom so it was held in the lobby of an old inn which turned out great because we didn't have to decorate since they were decorated for Xmas already). 

Daughter #1 worked as a wedding planner and the couple's cake decided to melt and start sliding off the table before the reception (summer wedding in Florida). Inventive daughter got a local bakery to deliver one of those sample cakes from a local bakery (icing over foam core) and got it stationed on the table so the bride had no clue. She whispered to the bride and groom to cut a piece from the back so nobody was the wiser and then the staff cut up the mangled original cake hidden in the kitchen and served it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Daughter #1 worked as a wedding planner and the couple's cake decided to melt and start sliding off the table before the reception (summer wedding in Florida). Inventive daughter got a local bakery to deliver one of those sample cakes from a local bakery (icing over foam core) and got it stationed on the table so the bride had no clue. She whispered to the bride and groom to cut a piece from the back so nobody was the wiser and then the staff cut up the mangled original cake hidden in the kitchen and served it. 

Oh, what a great story!  I love it! 

As for keeping a dog that must be caged all the time, it kind of sparks the chicken/egg debate.  But, yeah.

Today's ep with the SQUATAAH suing for his personal stuff from the glamorous landlady - the main thing that got my interest in this case was the lipstick!  Dayum!  Was it just my TV, or can you really buy it in that color?  Now that I think about it - rather similar to the "bag lady" designer from yesterday.  So I guess it's a thing. 

• Love 4

Congrats in advance.

Thank you!

Her older brother was married about 18 months ago. It was a lovely event at a nearby bistro for about 90 people.  The only hiccup was a noise complaint from the nearby senior apartment complex at 11:01, following the 11:00 noise abatement ordinance. The man who co-hosted the event (and was tired and cranky by this time) made no announcement that the party was winding down and simply pulled the plug (literally) on the DJ. When my son and I were settling the bill a bit later the man’s wife, who was terrific during the entire evening and the planning process apologized to us profusely. My son accepted the apology and responded, “It was time for the party to end anyway”. I adore that kid. 

• Love 5

Inventive daughter got a local bakery to deliver one of those sample cakes from a local bakery (icing over foam core) and got it stationed on the table so the bride had no clue.

The abilities to adapt and improvise are the unsung coping skills of the happy and well adjusted human. Bravo for her!

• Love 4

5 p.m. hour-Both are reruns-

Skateboard Boy Wonder-(A gifted youngster neglects to tell his father that he has been accused of vandalism)-The defendant child is accused of hitting and damaging a garage door, but mother of kid says plaintiff terrorizes the neighborhood.  Plaintiff hears garage door getting hit, and defendant child is standing there with his skateboard, and admitted he damaged the door.   It costs $800 to replace the door panel, and paint it.      Little brat defendant kid swears he was at school at that time, and didn't hit the garage door.      After defendant mother got home, the little boy told his mother about the door, but didn't tell his father who was home.   The kid's mother has all kinds of excuses that her son didn't do it, and if he did it wasn't his fault.   

$800 for plaintiff, and plaintiff won't shut up, and gets the boot.  

Mid-Dragging, Big Tipper?!-Salon owner plaintiff is suing defendant client for defamation, and non-payment.    Client/defendant at her last appointment wrote a huge tip, reversing the charges later.   

Client/def. claims she was having her natural color removed, so I guess she's talking double process?   However, she's talking Baliage (spelling), which is just highlighting for most.   She also wanted Ombre, so with dark hair she would need the color stripped, and then the highlights, or ombre color added back.      Defendant wrote nasty internet reviews too, and JJ says tough.   The defendant is lucky her hair hasn't fallen out from all of her color techniques she wanted.    

At her last appointment the woman was charged $220, and she had $480 on her card, and she reversed it that night.   Plaintiff claims the service was $220, and tip $250, and another $10 tip, but plaintiff claims he refunded $250 that day, leaving $230.      Plaintiff has proof that defendant reversed the $230 too.    Defendant says plaintiff owes her the money for having to go to court.    Plaintiff is owed $220, and gets it. 

Children Witness Violent Tasering?!-(this is the one where the man who was tasered bit the finger off the plaintiff with the taser)-Defendant was tasered by plaintiff man, who was having an affair with the defendant's girlfriend witness, and plaintiff woman (wife of plaintiff) is sister of defendant's girlfriend/witness.       Defendant and girlfriend have highs and lows in the relationship, during a low point the defendant and girlfriend had a spat at the dentist office parking lot, he asked her to leave, girlfriend went to the plaintiff's house (close by).   

When defendant man gets home, the plaintiff man confronted defendant man, (they were picking up def. girlfriend's stuff from the house) the defendant was tasered by the plaintiff twice, the men are wrestling, plaintiff puts his finger in the defendant's mouth, and def. gets tasered, and plaintiff man lost half of his finger.      

The plaintiff's two young kids were in the back seat and saw all of this kerfuffle.    The defendant took the taser away, and turned the taser into Anaheim police.     Plaintiff's wife works at Disneyland too.     Plaintiff and wife say they never had a taser, and don't know where the defendant got a taser to turn in.  

Second incident-Plaintiff claims he was picking up cans, stopped at the gas station the defendant works at, and claims he accidentally was there, in a city the size of Anaheim.    Plaintiff's case dismissed, because it wasn't false arrest.  

Baloney Story From a Squatter?!-(A man sues for damages while he lived rent-free)-Plaintiff suing defendant for locking him out of the friend's property, and disposing of his property.     Defendant owns the house, and plaintiff moved in to take care of his friend who was renting the defendant's house.       Plaintiff claims when renter moved out, that he had the right to stay in the house, and he never paid rent.   Plaintiff moved in, never paid rent, never was on the lease, and his girlfriend moved in too.    Landlady/defendant thinks tenant moved out after February, and paid back rent through April after housing court, adding up to $11k, and Larry (the legal renter) paid it.    Rent is $4k a month.   

The squatter plaintiff never paid rent, and is shocked he's called a squatter.     When the landlady defendant got the eviction on the renter, and changed the locks, the squatter is whining about his stuff being disposed of.    He's also blaming the evicted tenants health issues on black mold in the apartment, so squatter and girlfriend don't seem to worry about mold exposure.     

Plaintiff gets nothing, and deserves less.    Landlady said she never saw the plaintiff until court, and that apartment/house she owns was empty and vandalized when she saw it after the eviction.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Little brat defendant kid swears he was at school at that time, and didn't hit the skateboard.      After defendant mother got home, the little boy told his mother about the door, but didn't tell his father who was home.   The kid's mother has all kinds of excuses that her son didn't do it, and if he did it wasn't his fault.

This case gave me a migraine. So much arguing.  I thought the mom had an interesting story to tell and JJ wanted none of it. Clearly the plaintiff is half a whack job and I’m only 60% convinced the kid dented the door. (Which I know is a preponderance of evidence and more than enough in favor of the plaintiff) But JJ kept hammering the mom who seemed forthright as she attempted in vain to explain her actions and tell the series of events from her perspective. This was probably the correct outcome but I would have appreciated JJ zipping it for a change. I’m also curious as to why a woman who seems to have a lot of video had none to present in this case. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

At her last appointment the woman was charged $220, and she had $480 on her card, and she reversed it that night.   Plaintiff claims the service was $220, and tip $250, and another $10 tip, but plaintiff claims he refunded $250 that day, leaving $230.

All the hair technique nonsense and the plainfiff’s bug eyed histrionics left me bored. But my understanding is that it took the plaintiff months to correct the $200 plus overchargeand that’s an outrage. Under those circumstances I’d have done exactly the same thing, and I have. Pardon me for saying so, but in my experience most hairdressers, both male and female, are nuts and terrible with money. 

• Love 2

I think it was a credit card dispute routine that Amex took that long to fix it.     

By the way, a $10 tip on a $220 worth of hair services is insulting.    I hope she keeps on with her double process, and has to shop the local wig store after her hair falls out. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Little brat defendant kid swears he was at school at that time

OMG. That kid is frightening. Smart, yes, but sounds like a budding sociopath who can sit there and cooly, calmly lie right to JJ's face, something I couldn't even do. The fact that is his parents are dullards is no help. That mother! All mouth and no brain. And both of them are successfully teaching their brat to weasel out of anything he did because they will back him up. "My boy never tells a lie! He's a perfect, precious little angel!" He's way too young to be such a smooth and accomplished liar. Wow.  And yeah, what was the little monster doing right up in the driveway of the local "witch"? None of them could shut the hell up and needed a boot from Byrd.

Hairdresser kerfuffle: Yes, Ms. Vargas may not look like an idiot when she's standing and saying nothing, but as soon as she opened her mouth she revealed that she is, in fact, an idiot, and a lying, scamming idiot at that. She thinks she can get a service and not pay for it? Besides, all this high-tech crap she had done and her hair still looks like shit. And yeah, her 10$ tip was pretty pathetically cheap and tacky.

Even with the idiocy and the lying here, I enjoyed these cases because there was no Springer-type sordid, disgusting violence, welfare scamming, SSMs or revolting and beastly behavior which is much too common. And no damned cell phones!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think it was a credit card dispute routine that Amex took that long to fix it. 

My best guess is that the plaintiff merchant is the problem. AmEx is the bomb when it comes to this stuff.

I had a similar experience a few months ago with an expensive return of a pair of ski boots.  10 days after shipping I had no email confirmation of the return and a credit in process even though UPS had proof of delivery 2 days after the package left my hands.  My emails/voicemail were unanswered and several phone calls were 15 minutes on hold and then disconnected or sent to general voicemail.  I invested at least an hour trying to get just a confirmation that a credit was in process.  (No plans to sue for lost wages since I mostly worked while on hold) After 21 days I went online and disputed the original charge, received an immediate credit and let the merchant and AmEx work it out. That's part of the value AmEx and the others add for customers who pay their bills.

• Love 6