Season 6 Wish List

Ujio

Other than the obvious (a satisfying end to the Harlan saga), here are mine:

• Cameo appearances by Quarles and Limehouse
  • More than a cameo appearance by Dickie, Dewey, and Constable Bob
  • More Roscoe and Jay
  • Art back in the saddle
  • Juicy storylines for Rachel and Tim
  • Raylan, DEA agent Miller, and Kendall all appearing together -- as present, future, and past of Raylan Givens
  • Katherine as the big baddie

What are yours???

• Love 1

I started to say "Isn't Quarles dead?" but I guess although we saw him mutilated, we didn't see him actually take a last breath. I'd love to see him again. Neal McDonough was just a special type of psycho in that role.

Dickie being seen is definitely on my wish list.

I'd like to see another good conversation between Raylan and Boyd like the one they had on the way to the airfield about bad guys vs. good guys. One of those moments where they can both be introspective instead of reacting all the time. They know a lot about each other, and they're the updated version of the classic movie best-friends-where-one-becomes-a-priest-and-the-other-a-criminal thing. I'd like to see Raylan realize they're not as different as he thinks they are, and Boyd to realize they're not as similar as he thinks they are.

My husband says, and I agree: more Rachel. We got that bit about her marriage falling apart, and then nothing.

• Love 1

I want Limehouse to reappear and tell Raylan what he knows about Raylan's mama. 

More Tim and Rachel.

Constable Bob. 

More than a Skype appearance by Winona and baby Willa.

Wynn Duffy survives.

Vasquez gets his (wo)man and brings Katherine down.

Art and Raylan come to an understanding and are comrades again.

• Love 1

Vasquez gets his (wo)man and brings Katherine down.

Love it!  That would be just as good a showdown as Boyd vs. Raylan!

An armless Quarles' appearance would definitely be nice, too!

Is Constable Bob Patton Oswald? Yes, more of him. Were we even given an explanation of what became of him after last season?

Am looking forward for some really intelligent network to air Justified from the beginning, as I missed two seasons, and therefore missed the wonderful Margo Martindale.

Is Constable Bob Patton Oswald? Yes, more of him. Were we even given an explanation of what became of him after last season?

I don't think so. Would be nice for him to show up again.

Am looking forward for some really intelligent network to air Justified from the beginning, as I missed two seasons, and therefore missed the wonderful Margo Martindale.

It's on Amazon Prime free streaming, or probably the FXNow thing if your cable provider is on it (mine isn't).

I may want to do a full rewatch leading up to the last season next year; I did that for Breaking Bad and it was great. (The problem is that the Mad Men final half-season is the same year, and dunno if I can do both....)

• Love 1

Tim in every episode

Yes, please.  Especially if he's giving someone shit (the whole run of him accusing Raylan of murdering Gary in Season 3 was great) or being a bad ass (like he was in Decoy last year).  Or maybe just eating string cheese with Rachel on a stakeout.  I don't care--I'll take anything after this season.

And can Boyd please get that Dairy Queen?

Edited by cassandle
  • Love 2

My husband read something a few weeks ago about what should happen in Season 6, and basically, it said that it needs to come down to Raylan, Boyd, and Ava. I agree. And based on the finale, I think that's what will happen!

And more Art, Tim, and Rachel please! They were all woefully under-used during Season 5. And no more Dewey Crowe, even if it's just to spew some more hilariously idiotic dialogue. I've got Crowe fatigue. 

• Love 2

I'm OK with Art enjoying his retirement & Rachel growing into the boss' role. I cried when she found out Art had named her as his successor & the hug she gave Mrs. Art reminded us that people other than Raylan are close to Art. Hooray writers - when you can fit them in, you don't sell our favourites out!

Raylan working as a team with Rachel & Tim would be great. They've stuck by him & it'd be nice if he responded to the talk Rachel gave him in the car & let them in a little.

I feel a little dirty, but I want Boyd & Ava to get away together. She could open a salon with the bank's money, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something for Boyd that doesn't involve laundering money through it.

• Love 1

Yes, more Bob and Tim and Rachel. And Wynn.

Re this season, though I usually find Michael Rappaport a good actor, he and his character have taken up far too much time without much payoff (meaning good drama, etc.). Enough. I haven't seen the final episode, as my On Demand makes one wait for a week or more for channels such as FX. Dammit.

I feel a little dirty, but I want Boyd & Ava to get away together. She could open a salon with the bank's money, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something for Boyd that doesn't involve laundering money through it.

Dairy Queen!

I skipped this season--after watching the first one and a half eps and REALLY not liking it--so I love all of the above suggestions that would get the show back on its most loveable track. The world can't have too much friendly-wary-sparring conversation between Raylan and Boyd, or Raylan and Art, or even Raylan and Wynn Duffy, and the world can use all the Tim it can get.

I, too, want Ava and Boyd to get to buy that Diary Queen. I'll have vanilla in a waffle cone, please. Hold the gun.

• Love 3
(edited)

Wynn Duffy AND MIKEY survive

Fixed that for me. After

Jimmy's death

I'm not sure I could take it.

For some reason, I was really loving both of them this season. I wanted them to become BFFs and have henchman adventures together.

Also, I'll agree with more Tim & Rachel. That's been on my wishlist every season, though.

Edited by Entchen

I want more Tim and Rachel as well. They are woefully under utilized, which I don't get at all. Since it's the last season, we get awesomeness that will have been worth the wait.

I would like Raylan to get some answers regarding his mama and get some piece as far as Arlo.

I'd like Art to be able to forgive Raylan and Raylan earn Art's respect and trust again.

I hope things work out for Ava. Last season was total BS as far as her storyline.

I want a showdown between Raylan and Boyd but I don't want either to die. That's just too much awesomeness, 2 sides of the same coin, that can't end. I picture Boyd going to prison and Raylan visiting and they talk about old times.

• Love 1
Raylan needs to dial down the smug assholery.

Aint that the truth! Justified is my favorite show on television but they've turned Raylon into nothing more than a series of stock responses to anything that happens to him. They are missing the boat when constantly cutting off Boyd's attempt to delve deeper between them, every time Raylon just blurts out some asshole comment and that's that. Time to develop Raylon more, please.

• Love 1

I get the feeling that this may occurred in part because Timothy Olyphant himself wanted to take more of a back-seat last season.  But with just one season to go, I hope he has overcome that hesitation and is ready to go full-bore Raylon (and Boyd) next year!

I get the feeling that this may occurred in part because Timothy Olyphant himself wanted to take more of a back-seat last season.

What was his reasoning behind that? I'm halfway through S5 and it's so very, very weak, partly because Raylan has experienced zero growth. I think TO's performances are still solid, but the writing is really lacking there. And talk about Ava getting screwed--who's bright idea was it to keep her in prison? Not that I don't think what goes around should come around, but I find Ava and Boyd most interesting when they are together. 

• Love 1

I've thought ever since the song played on the show that it was heavily foreshadowed that Boyd and Raylan will never leave Harlan alive.

I have no problem with being wrong though.

Edited by ohhellsyeah
  • Love 2

I love when the show circles back to characters from previous seasons that we haven't seen for a while.  We now know from last night's previews that

Raylan meets with Dickie Bennet

This NY article mentions that we'll see

Ellstin Limehouse

again.  Now if we could see what Ellen May is up to, that might almost make up for the demise of Dewey Crowe.

• Love 1