Type keyword(s) to search

Hoarders in the Media

The place for all things Hoarders-media-related.  Articles about the show, the organizers, the therapists...

Here is a great interview with Matt.   I am especially intrigued by this snippet (emphasis mine).  But right now I'm not seeing any other mention of this.  But I often fail at Google-fu.

It’s this approach to hoarders that helped create one of A&E’s most successful shows. A show that will soon return to the airwaves.

• Love 3

Hold your poo bags! A "Where are They Now" all-new Hoarders airs on Lifetime on June 2.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and presume they are all still climbing their personal poop mountains and are still having issues parting with rancid yogurt and frozen cats.

I thought it was going to be a one-off follow-up show and if it did well the potential for more shows.  But according to Geralin's FB status, it looks like there will be several shows off the bat.  All follow-ups. 

You asked and they responded. Time to declutter your DVR because starting the 2nd of June, all-NEW episodes of @Hoarders begins airing on Lifetime. And, guess what they are follow-up episodes! So, if you want more, make some noise on social media.
  • Love 1

I liked the book, too.  And I used to listen to the podcast, but I got way behind and decided to end the subscription.  But I recommend it, especially the stuff that aired while Hoarders was still on.  He sometimes talked about specific episodes and it was so illuminating for some of them.

• Love 1

I liked his book as well & listened to a few of his podcasts. I was thinking about him & the show recently because I visited family & one member is a level 2, verging on level 3 hoarder. I veer in the other direction & am almost OCD about clutter so it made me physically react walking into the house. I couldn't help but wonder how Matt would handle things.

• Love 1

Cory Chalmers posted this.

Hoarders update! The mini series for most of us will be on at 9:00pm EST/6:00pm PST. They are saying that Comcast and some other cable providers may show it at different times which makes this tough. The mini updates will air the next 5 weeks, one story per night, at the end of a rerun, so watch carefully, or you might miss it! IMPORTANT...post on Lifetimes Facebook page with your thoughts after you see it. Only the viewers can bring Hoarders back, so lets make it happen.
  • Love 1

Good news, Hoarders lovers! Cory Chalmers announced on his Twitter tonight that applications are being taken now from prospective hoarders for ALL NEW SHOWS!

Thank you, TV gods!

I watched a "Hoarders yesterday that I have never seen before. This one was based in England. One woman was a rabbit hoarder and the other couple, the guy hoarded buddhas and the girl hoarded everything 'Spongebob'

More episodes = excitement.

What I would like to see someday would be a non-hoarder inheriting and having to deal with a hoarder's home. Not an "OMG, there are vermin all over the place and bags of poo fill the basement" home, but an "Aunt Hilda couldn't throw out anything, and yet she also collected [seriously valuable stuff that could legitimately be sold on eBay] - please help me, I'm overwhelmed" home.

• Love 3
I watched a "Hoarders yesterday that I have never seen before. This one was based in England. One woman was a rabbit hoarder and the other couple, the guy hoarded buddhas and the girl hoarded everything 'Spongebob'

On what network was this (so I can track it down!)? I don't recall an A&E Hoarders being filmed in England. There is a series in England called "The Hoarder Next Door" and because BBC America hates me, they won't show it and I have to rely on the TunnelBear plug in to view it on the computer.

Last night on the ID channel ( I think) there was a show called Vanity Fair Confidential.  The show was about a domestic/international con man. One of the places he targeted was the Hamptons.

One of the participants was an arrogant, know it all, never worked a day in his life type. Talked about how he summered there his whole life, his parents knew everyone, blah blah blah.

So, I am looking at this guy and I am thinking.....that is Kevin from Hoarders.  He was the one from NYC, grew up with semi well known and rich parents. His apartment was so bad he usually slept on a bench outside and had to climb the fire railings outside to get in his apt. He was also an epic fail, the therapist thought he should be an in-patient in a mental hospital.

Sure enough it was Kevin from Hoarders.    I wonder if they knew who they were dealing with.

• Love 1

Last night on the ID channel ( I think) there was a show called Vanity Fair Confidential.  The show was about a domestic/international con man. One of the places he targeted was the Hamptons.

One of the participants was an arrogant, know it all, never worked a day in his life type. Talked about how he summered there his whole life, his parents knew everyone, blah blah blah.

So, I am looking at this guy and I am thinking.....that is Kevin from Hoarders.  He was the one from NYC, grew up with semi well known and rich parents. His apartment was so bad he usually slept on a bench outside and had to climb the fire railings outside to get in his apt. He was also an epic fail, the therapist thought he should be an in-patient in a mental hospital.

Sure enough it was Kevin from Hoarders.    I wonder if they knew who they were dealing with.

I remember that episode! And I'll bet the other show had no idea about this guy.

I wonder whatever happened to his Manhattan apartment. IIRC, it was causing problems for the rest of the building and was therefore one of these urgent "you need to clear out things before it's condemned, etc." situations.

• Love 1

I remember that episode! And I'll bet the other show had no idea about this guy.

I wonder whatever happened to his Manhattan apartment. IIRC, it was causing problems for the rest of the building and was therefore one of these urgent "you need to clear out things before it's condemned, etc." situations.

I scanned Google quickly last night to verify it was indeed him and I skimmed an article dated 2014 that said he was still in the apt. and they had tried to buy him out. Something about legal goings back and forth.    

You would think that being a horrific fire hazard alone would be enough to kick him out.  WTF?   He is endangering people's lives.  They have laws and ordinances for that,.

Anyone live in LA County?  Corey Chalmers is thinking of having a Season Premiere party and wanted to gauge interest.  Link to FB post.

In other news (from Corey), there will be a live portion to the premiere episode.

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE PRESS RELEASE and read it carefully for the Hoarders premiere? There will live portions to this first episode! We are wrapping up the regular portion today for the premier on May 28th. Definitely some different looks into what really goes on and how involved working with hoarders really is. This will be an episode you cannot miss!

Brief sneak preview of new episodes. The trailer mentions the live component of the season premiere on the 28th. Can't wait!

Sadly though, it does appear they are once again featuring the extreme cases where nothing seems to fix anyone's situations besides tearing down the homes.

I am so glad I looked in this forum.  I wondered since they brought back Intervention if they may reconsider on Hoarders.  I have had to resort to watching Buried Alive which does not hold a candle to Hoarders.  

When it first aired I didn't watch.   Back in the 80's I was doing community social work and had a couple of hoarder clients but back then there was such a thing or illness of hoarding.  I eventually caught a show and was hooked.  

I hired an organizer to help me clear out a few things and organize a couple of spaces after I retired (no I am not a hoarder).  She worked on a show that was shot in our city and still stays in touch with the man to help him keep up with his place.   

• Love 2

Dr. Robin Zasio, a.k.a. Tonya Hoarding, was a call-in contestant on NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" last week. She played "Bluff the Listener" and won Carl Kassel's voice on her answering machine. The downside was that the host had never seen "Hoarders."

• Love 2

Matt posted on his Facebook page that he is quitting the show.  He has young children and spends much of his time on the road.  He was careful to say that the show itself hasn't been cancelled.  I think that they are working on next season.

• Love 1

Corey tweeted that the season premiere (half season, six episodes) premieres on A&E on Sunday, December 18. There's a preview on the A&E site but I can't get it to load on my laptop. :( 

Why Matt Paxton is leaving Hoarders, which is again on the bubble

About the Sandra episode...

"Her whole goal was to make us all leave,” Matt said. “She would pit the producers against each other.”

I asked if the episode—it’s two hours long and focuses on just one person—would break the fourth wall to show this, and Matt said, “I hope they do, I begged them to.” He said, “Robin and I are very upfront in the episode.”

Working with Sandra made Matt realize, “I’ve officially met my match. It’s time for me to retire from this show.”

• Love 5

Sounds really good.  Early on, I came away from watching two in an hour, and wondering about how long, why and what, and lots of other questions.  

I'd expect / hope to see signs of the hoard reappearing.  But I'd really like to see what happens with some of the massive storage unit hoards...maybe even a sale at a major storage unit with units from ten people being sold...and the back stories of each.

• Love 2
On 2/5/2018 at 2:51 PM, aquarian1 said:

I meant to post this when I first saw it, but then craziness happened, then vacation happened.  Anyway...  YAY!

OMG! YESSSSSSS! Best news of the week!

OT? I dunno:

Of the memorable moments I love about this show there is one thing Matt said that sticks with me every--single--day: "We're all just five bad decisions away from shitting in a bucket." It's at once depressing and inspiring.

• Love 2

Hannah from southern Illinois was replayed this past weekend.  So I did a search. Wowsers.

https://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2017/02/01/confirmed-glenn-rameys-mom-hannah-from-vienna-died-out-of-state/

There are a lot of names that came into the picture.  Hannah's marriage to someone who has been in prison with her son (thus her last name Guilliland).  And the hideous picture of her son.  The name of a nine year old girl who the son was accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering.  

A mention of the total number of children she had and how many survived.

A follow up might be in order as she is dead, and there are lots of threads with local freedom of information act potential access.

Definitely not to be followed on a downer kind of day

• Love 2

Wowsers about says it, Enoughcats.

We we're all upset about the way she treated her chickens, but it would seem she probably treated her children as bad or worse.  Then it comes around to someone as seriously outside normal human behavior as  her son.  Poor Matt.  No wonder he had to give up his work with hoarders after close encounters with too many Hannahs.

• Love 1