Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: For Richer Or Poorer

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, izabella said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the composting toilet on the bus, least of all, Lily! 

If Tom was expecting nookie, he should have taken a quick shower before bed.  Why were his feet so dirty?  Was he walking barefoot outside?  What else was he doing?  Shower please!

what do you mean composting toilet? is it not a real flushable toilet? :::shudder:::

thats actually a really good point--her life is travel and she has a routine. I travel for work and 90% of the time, Im in one city for one nite, so Im used to not unpacking and I have a system too....(I would love the luxury of unpacking)--this was in response to someone saying heather had ocd for unpacking

Edited by nlkm9
looked odd
  • Love 2

what do you mean composting toilet? is it not a real flushable toilet? :::shudder:::

I paused my recording so I could specifically look at the toilet on the bus when they showed the shower/bathroom (I watch Tiny House Hunters on HGTV, and am always appalled by the composting toilets!).

It may not be composting; it coudl be a chemical toilet, like porta-potties or typical bus potties.  Either way, it is tiny and needs to be emptied because the, er, waste, stays in there until you empty it.  It was definitely not a flush toilet attached to sewer.  I question where his water supply and electricity are coming from, but they probably have hook-ups for that in the RV parking lot he is parked in.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

thats actually a really good point--her life is travel and she has a routine. I travel for work and 90% of the time, Im in one city for one nite, so Im used to not unpacking and I have a system too....(I would love the luxury of unpacking)--this was in response to someone saying heather had ocd for unpacking

lol@ expecting nookie

lol@outrage re: composting toilet

Seriously? This show cracks me up!

• Love 1
On 9/4/2016 at 0:11 AM, jmonkey said:

I think Sonia is gorgeous and sweet. She is like my dream girl, and it frustrates me to see her with someone like Nick who has shown much more interest in making out with his dogs than he has into getting to know Sonia. He clearly is on the show to promote his business and may not even be into women at all if my gaydar is correct. 

I think Sonia deserves somebody who will be more into her or, at least, be able to express his appreciation for her. Hopefully Nick comes around because I think, other than the massive debt, she's quite a catch. I think it sucks the experts paired her with an emotionally unavailable person who will only magnify her insecurities by not communicating his feelings effectively. It seems that whenever he does open up that he offends Sonia to the point of tears, so maybe it's better if he doesn't talk. But, still, Sonia needs some freaking validation and Nick isn't giving her much of anything other than a front row seat for his doggy makeout sessions. Maybe he is trying in his own way, but it's not in the way that Sonia needs..

Last season I thought the guys (Neil, David, and Tres) were getting a raw deal with the partners selected for them, but this year it seems to be the women's turn to get saddled with crappy husbands. BTW, as a male, I'd just like to say I find the women this season to be very attractive. They're not as hot as the women on Season 2, but they're beautiful women.

I didn't watch the entire season 3, but David seemed to be the sweetheart, warm, enthusiastic, good hearted man for Sonia...

On 9/4/2016 at 0:11 AM, jmonkey said:
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

There's no reason other than flirting for a woman to touch a strange man's bare chest (swatting away a bug? Please.) Jeez, body-language experts say even a woman's fussing with her own hair in front of a guy is being flirtatious. Derek was on the money.

I don't think she was flirting, but was definitely sending a message. If she had been interested in the guy she got for a husband she would have never done that. She would have try to be close to him, or engage in some way (verbal, playful, whatever way). Agree that he was on the money in the sense that the whole thing was deliberate. Because she doesn't like him. And so the frustration. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Passthepopcorn said:

I don't think she was flirting, but was definitely sending a message. If she had been interested in the guy she got for a husband she would have never done that. She would have try to be close to him, or engage in some way (verbal, playful, whatever way). Agree that he was on the money in the sense that the whole thing was deliberate. Because she doesn't like him. And so the frustration. 

Especially because he wasn't some random dude they crossed paths with.   He was a water-sport activity instructor in a macho Caribbean culture.   All the male tour guides I've run across on vacation are very um, helpful/chivalrous in terms of contact with their clients,  personal interest aside, making sure the women are catered to helps with tips.  Derek's whining about how that guy never grabbed his hand made him sound like an idiot.     Boy bye.   Totally agree with you, I didn't see it as a flirt, more than a conveniently passive aggressive excuse to soft-land the type of punches Derek had been throwing every time they had a fight.   Andplusalso?   She gets my admiration for plausible deniability.    What are you talking about?  the guy had a bug on his chest that would've made its way over to me!  Are you saying I shouldn't swat away bees now because it hurts your feelings?    Lol!!  love it.

• Love 3
On 9/5/2016 at 9:16 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

The feet, the bus (moving out notwithstanding), the day-labor jobs, the surfing passion: NOTHING about Tom makes him a suitable spouse for an up-and-coming career woman, in Miami no less. A boyfriend, sure, what the heck.

Nick's dogs. I don't care if Sonia became phobic just from seeing the Met-Life Snoopy blimp; it is her fear, and she is entitled to it. Similarly, Nick is entitled to his dogs. Now, is Nick thus suitable for Sonia, if he places his dogs above her fear? I don't think so. He needs a dog-lover. That is not to say one type of person is superior.

I agree with the second paragraph, but not the first.  Who is to say what is suitable?  I have an old college friend, married for over 20 years, she is an English professor, he is a construction worker who never went to college.  Not my cup of tea, but they have managed to make it work because they have similar ways of looking at life. 

However, I don't think it makes sense to pair someone who loves dogs with someone who's afraid of them.  That's why I feel sometimes this show is using marriage as therapy. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I agree with the second paragraph, but not the first.  Who is to say what is suitable?  I have an old college friend, married for over 20 years, she is an English professor, he is a construction worker who never went to college.  Not my cup of tea, but they have managed to make it work because they have similar ways of looking at life. 

However, I don't think it makes sense to pair someone who loves dogs with someone who's afraid of them.  That's why I feel sometimes this show is using marriage as therapy. 

Have to agree with this also. I've been in the tech industry 30 years and have a Bachelor's (Accounting), MBA, Associates (Management) and Certification (Forensic Accounting)..At the time, I was in a heavy school mode, so when doing my coursework I did my undergrad stuff simultaneously (yes, I am nuts). I make a very good income (but as I like to joke, I also have no life thanks to the job that income comes with). My husband is former military/military police and took a handful of community college classes when he was younger. He works in the security industry and for the most part, earns a third what I do. But...we are both ok with it. He often teases that he'll become my pool boy when I make CFO of my company.

I do think the similar ways of looking at life really is key. Our joke for our relationship (to quote the Deadpool movie) "your crazy matches my crazy". Sometimes the comfort level is there, and things just work.

• Love 2
On 9/1/2016 at 6:45 PM, nlkm9 said:

I respectfully disagree--she is WAYYY bigger than a size 8, she is a big girl, and Nick is in excellent shape--its very possible that he is not attracted to a larger woman. I can wear a size 8 and she is a good 30-40 lbs bigger than me-I know its very fashionable to be accepting of all body types, but I really think he is just completely unattracted to her(and there is nothing wrong with that--everyone has a physical type)....I sort of hope they can fall for each other, but to me the dog issue is the biggest issue here--he didnt seem to care at all that she is uncomfortable around dogs and that made me like him a lot less.

I'm not sure what you mean by fashionable to be accepting of all body types.  Men like what they like and many mean have always liked fuller figured women. As you can see by the range of opinions here,  we don't even know if he considers her to be a big girl. Or if its a bad thing if he does think so. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

OMG this would have been perfect.:::sigh:::

It's a shame they don't let the viewers have a say. Collectively,  we would make better matches than  Pepper and her crew. I can't for the life of me understand why someone who's closed off/guarded would go on this show.  Nick,  Ashley,  I'm talking to you. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:

It's a shame they don't let the viewers have a say. Collectively,  we would make better matches than  Pepper and her crew. I can't for the life of me understand why someone who's closed off/guarded would go on this show.  Nick,  Ashley,  I'm talking to you. 

now that you out their names together..yes!! LOL that would have been fun to watch. 2 very disinterested people who would be awkward and ignore each other.......poor David-still cringe for him...

1 hour ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I'm not sure what you mean by fashionable to be accepting of all body types.  Men like what they like and many mean have always liked fuller figured women. As you can see by the range of opinions here,  we don't even know if he considers her to be a big girl. Or if its a bad thing if he does think so. 

what I meant is this year we had a plus size model (Ashely Graham) on the Sports illustrated swimsuit issue--it used to be only one type of body on that cover....It seems to be that women of all sizes are being celebrated. you are right, men like that they like and there are men that appreciate fuller figures and men who like very thin women.

• Love 2
On 9/6/2016 at 2:56 PM, love2lovebadtv said:

I think David would have been all over Sonia. She would have been in heaven. 

Considering that David's friends said that he'd make out with random women he didn't know nightly in a bar... yea I'm sure he'd be all over her.  But considering how turned on Sonia was by Nick's toned physique, David's pudgy flabby torso wouldn't do it for her.

• Love 1
On 9/5/2016 at 2:44 AM, love2lovebadtv said:

I understand. In your case,  the student loans were a means to a career that will pay for itself. 

I don't think anyone on this show (except maybe Sonia) has a career that would warrant student loans.  I know Sonia doesn't earn a whole lot but if she holds the MSW degree,  then she has some options that are available to he,  some of which can be done in addition to her day job like counseling, early intervention, bilingual school social worker,  etc.  Nick actually has quite a bit of student debt. I'm not surprised that lilly doesn't have.  She sounds like she's been supporting herself and I also don't think she finished college.  She's only 24. How many things can she have done by that age? On another note, does anyone else think maybe she's older than 24? It's not just one thing that leads me to suspect that,  but rather a combination of things I'm noticing about her. 

I'm now almost certain that Sonia only has a bachelor's degree. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv

I don't think I have ever been on a bus that had a composting toilet - they may be too difficult for your regular people, The busses I have been on had flush toilets with grey water tanks.  Most RVs have them as well, you connect to a sewer pipe when you are docked and pump it away by flipping a switch  no dirty hands.  That would happen, maybe, on the connect disconnect.

the composting toilets seem to be a new option, maybe they use them now in RVs, but certainly not on busses.

On 9/6/2016 at 10:59 AM, izabella said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the composting toilet on the bus, least of all, Lily! 

If Tom was expecting nookie, he should have taken a quick shower before bed.  Why were his feet so dirty?  Was he walking barefoot outside?  What else was he doing?  Shower please!

I'd sure like to know what really happened with Derek & Heather. They seemed okay enough for a day or so, and then suddenly it was all off. I still think he made some kind of very clumsy sexual overture, thinking sex was going to be a given since they're married, but only managed to offend her to the max. Somebody needs to sleuth this out!

I don't think there was any one incident. Heather wasn't thrilled with Derek to start with although she tried to remain (semi) upbeat on the wedding day. Then she found fault with everything he did to support her initial distaste and it accumulated -- smoking, liking gambling, not unpacking, shouting at her, being messy, calling her names. Probably his job, clothes, smell, and everything else he ever said or did.

• Love 2