Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Do Not Disturb

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, BeatLA24 said:

When the dad fell, I surmised it was a heart attack. It looked like his hands were going towards his chest when he was on the ground.

I am pretty sure Hotel lady told Alicia the dad died of a heart attack (when she explained what happened when the outbreak started) after they finally got downstairs to the empty reception hall.

I actually think Chris is doing the best here. He killed the guy on the plane (thank you for the correction of my "correction") as mercy. Killed the guy on the boat because he was a dick. Killed the farmer because he didn't want the rest of them killed. Told his father "no, we need to be with other people" to keep safe, not isolated on a farm. The only thing I don't understand is his standing over Maddie and Alicia with a knife. But otherwise, he's in smart survivor mode.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

I'm hoping more for Travis having to kill Chris in order to save Alicia or Nick (or maybe Maddy), and then having to live with the guilt of having killed his own son.  That would be cool.

He already had to kill his ex-wife and had that dramatic grasping the sand moment. We also already had that moment where he beats down the military guy...I'm kind of over the good guy Travis does bad things for understandable reasons plot. Sure, his son would be next level but still feels like a retread of the same plot point.

1 hour ago, smartymarty said:

The only thing I don't understand is his standing over Maddie and Alicia with a knife

Apparently he didn't want to hurt them, he just saw the knife and picked it up. Then the gunshot went off at exactly the wrong time.

I think Chris is someone with a lot of self hatred so I wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself eventually.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, smartymarty said:

I actually think Chris is doing the best here. He killed the guy on the plane (thank you for the correction of my "correction") as mercy. Killed the guy on the boat because he was a dick. Killed the farmer because he didn't want the rest of them killed. Told his father "no, we need to be with other people" to keep safe, not isolated on a farm. The only thing I don't understand is his standing over Maddie and Alicia with a knife. But otherwise, he's in smart survivor mode.

I wouldn't call killing the guy on the boat sound judgement on Chris's part.  They needed that guy for a hostage swap.  Also, the fact that Chris let the guy get under his skin shows he's too temperamental.

Was it a good call killing the farmer?  Depends on how ruthless you want to be in this new world.  

• Love 3

The Sunday Cable ratings are in for "Do Not Disturb":

Sunday’s episode of “Fear the Walking Dead” recorded series-low ratings for AMC. The show still led the night in both adults 18-49 and viewers, but its 1.2 rating in the demo was down 0.4 from the previous low, and its 2.99 million viewers was off from 3.66 million the previous week.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/07/sunday-cable-ratings-sept-4-2016/

And here are the Live + Same Day ratings for Season 2, so far:

04-10-16 “Monster” 6.674 million
04-17-16 “We All Fall Down” 5.581 million
04-24-16 “Ouroboros” 4.726 million
05-01-16 “Blood on the Streets” 4.803 million
05-08-16 “Captive” 4.414 million
05-15-16 “Sicut Cervus” 4.486 million
05-22-16 “Shiva” 4.388 million

08-21-16 “Grotesque” 3.864 million
08-28-16 “Los Muertos” 3.661 million
09-04-16 “Do Not Disturb” 2.991 million

It was a holiday weekend, so ratings were down pretty much overall, but the trend isn't a good one.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ganesh said:

I just don't buy that "we're all infected." Someone at least one has to have a natural immunity to the virus. Granted, it would be nearly impossible to test for it, but I was hoping there would be more characters asking questions like this. 

I've been toying with a theory. No one ever seems to develop infections (other than the zombie one and that extreme form in the prison), even when splattered with zombie blood and guts. Could it be that the zombie virus bestows immunity from all other infections? That could even be the cause: It was developed as a universal immune agent (with one unfortunate side effect) that somehow escaped the lab.

Edited by Gobi
Spelling
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, smartymarty said:

I can't remember whether Chris knew that though when he killed the guy.

He didn't but he had one simple task and that was watch the guy.  He was not supposed to harm him in anyway because they were interrogating him as well. Daniel even told Chris not to listen to the guy.  Yet Chris let the guy bait him.

2 hours ago, maczero said:

He didn't but he had one simple task and that was watch the guy.  He was not supposed to harm him in anyway because they were interrogating him as well. Daniel even told Chris not to listen to the guy.  Yet Chris let the guy bait him.

Actually I blame Daniel because he knew Chris was kind of mentally unbalanced, after having lost his mother.  Or at least he should have known it was a bad idea to leave Chris alone with that guy. 

• Love 1

Playing catch-up on the DVR:

On 9/5/2016 at 7:05 AM, Lamima said:

Madison is looking for Travis while Travis doesn't seem to care to find her. He only cares about making Chris better. Madison didn't want to leave the place where the yacht was because she was hoping for Travis to show up so they left that message with sticks on the ground. Meanwhile Travis wants to set up house on a farm with just he and Chris. The happy hour scene with Strand is Madison feeling broken about losing Travis.

I was under the impression Madison was looking for Nick, not Travis.

On 9/5/2016 at 7:33 AM, JackONeill said:

also, which is usual and always frustrating, is that I learn something on TTD. The fact that the people who work in that hotel are generations of families who consider it home, which explains why Elena did what she did. Her character may have mentioned it on the actual show but it wasn't until the actress discussed it on TTD that it sunk in.

Elena, in the episode: "The hotel is home.  It has been for a long time."  At the time, I thought Elena was referring solely to herself, and (possibly) her nephew Hector.  No reference was made regarding the rest of the staff.

On 9/5/2016 at 8:23 AM, BetyBee said:

Madison's face when she saw Alicia was just.....evidence that she can be a bad actress without uttering a single word.  Whatever she was trying to convey, it looked to me like she just had a bad headache from all the tequila. 

Swear to god - my first thought when I saw Madison's face was, "Damn - where's some Advil in this place...?"

18 hours ago, ganesh said:

I just don't buy that "we're all infected." Someone at least one has to have a natural immunity to the virus. Granted, it would be nearly impossible to test for it, but I was hoping there would be more characters asking questions like this. 

If the zombieism is viral in nature, then it is virtually certain some people will be immune to it; even if its mortality rate is 99.95%, there's still a 0.05% survivor quota hanging around somewhere.

14 hours ago, maczero said:

Was it a good call killing the farmer?  Depends on how ruthless you want to be in this new world.  

After the farmer shot Baby James, it sure as heck was.  Before the farmer's shot, the willingness of either side to use deadly force was still in question; immediately afterwards, the question became that of how long Chris and the Spring Break Baja Douchebros were willing to hang around until Farmer Juan decided to cut loose with another round or three.

49 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Playing catch-up on the DVR:

I was under the impression Madison was looking for Nick, not Travis.

Yeah. I just thought of that after I posted. Travis isn't really looking for her either though. So not a match made in heaven. Thank goodness because they are 2 duds!

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

After the farmer shot Baby James, it sure as heck was.  Before the farmer's shot, the willingness of either side to use deadly force was still in question; immediately afterwards, the question became that of how long Chris and the Spring Break Baja Douchebros were willing to hang around until Farmer Juan decided to cut loose with another round or three.

Did the farmer shoot to kill and miss? Or did he intentionally shoot the lower body, as a warning - get out of here. It was his home, and he had the right to defend it, IMO. If they had just held their guns down and left, they might have all lived. But they didn't really have any way of knowing that. I see Chris as the kind of person who doesn't want grey areas, not in the ZA. He's not going to dither and have philosophical farm conversations. He wants cut and dried answers. He's going to kill every time, instead of hemming and hawing over it. Travis is going to weigh the options. They're never going to be on the same wavelength in this world.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Gobi said:

I've been toying with a theory. No one ever seems to develop infections (other than the zombie one and that extreme form in the prison), even when splattered with zombie blood and guts. Could it be that the zombie virus bestows immunity from all other infections? That could even be the cause: It was developed as a universal immune agent (with one unfortunate side effect) that somehow escaped the lab.

Well they had that super bird flu, that caused Carol to burn two people alive (which is still a stupid plot point). So I'd guess it's just usual TV. Nobody gets sick unless it serves the plot.

30 minutes ago, Miles said:

Well they had that super bird flu, that caused Carol to burn two people alive (which is still a stupid plot point). So I'd guess it's just usual TV. Nobody gets sick unless it serves the plot.

That was the prison form I referred to; I don't think the PTB are considering this as an explanation, I just like it.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Did the farmer shoot to kill and miss?

The farmer had the gun aimed fairly low. When the bro snapped the chicken's neck, he seemed to involuntarily fire and hit him in the leg. I thought the whole thing was kind of stupid because it required on dumb things happening in order to pay off. Like, we need to make Chris kill someone, so let's back it from that.

1 hour ago, Miles said:

I'm annoyed at how rare the sharing of information is. "Hey, you know you kill them by splitting their brain, right?" "Even if you get bit, you can cut the limb off quick and they won't turn." "Did you see any animals turn? We haven't yet."

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Did the farmer shoot to kill and miss?

If he did, then he was a damn fool who deserved to die.  Basic rule of thumb is (a) don't pull out a gun unless you are absolutely prepared to shoot it, and (b) don't shoot a gun unless you are absolutely prepared to kill what you're shooting at.  Basic premise being don't even THINK about pulling out a gun unless and until you're certain you can deal with killing your opponent, and any attendant consequences.

41 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The farmer had the gun aimed fairly low. When the bro snapped the chicken's neck, he seemed to involuntarily fire and hit him in the leg.

That was my impression as well; the chicken gave out one last squawk when Baby James wrung the its neck and startled Farmer Juan, who already had his finger on the trigger.  Pretty sure FJ shot BJ by accident, because immediately after EVERYBODY - including FJ - looked stunned and surprised as hell.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Nashville said:

That was my impression as well; the chicken gave out one last squawk when Baby James wrung the its neck and startled Farmer Juan, who already had his finger on the trigger.  Pretty sure FJ shot BJ by accident, because immediately after EVERYBODY - including FJ - looked stunned and surprised as hell.

I agree, and FJ shouldn't have been able to look stunned and surprised.  He shouldn't have been able to look any particular way at all, because he should have been shot in the head which would have wiped out his face.  Instead, we have him shot in the heart with his lips quivering as the life leaks out of him. 

Chris and Travis both know that a post-apocalyptic kill shot has to be in the brain pan.  Not sure what the Spring Break Baja Douchebros (heh, love that!) know.  Does this mean that when we next see the barnyard chicken chokers, we'll have Zombie FJ leaping up and biting off Baby James' face?  If Killer Chris is the evil schemer the show could create from his character, that could be part of his nefarious plan:  turn FJ into a walker and let him rockabye sweet baby James before Chris shoots them both in the head.  That way, it's one less Douchebro Chris has to compete with for the cool guy title, plus Chris wouldn't want the liability of them carrying around a wounded guy.

Stay tuned to see if the show's continuity checkers resolve this issue, or if they just pretend FJ is really most sincerely dead from a chest shot and doesn't turn into a walker.  That would be as hilarious as Travis knocking out a car window and opening the car door from the outside.   

Edited by SnarkyTart

Head shots are not that easy. I'm not sure whether Chris has ever fired a gun before; if not, he was lucky to even hit FJ. FJ should definitely be returning as a zombie next episode, though.

3 hours ago, Gobi said:

Head shots are not that easy. I'm not sure whether Chris has ever fired a gun before; if not, he was lucky to even hit FJ. FJ should definitely be returning as a zombie next episode, though.

You're absolutely right about head shots in the real world.  I'm thinking more of TWD world where we've seen characters make head shots from a farther distance than Chris was to FJ.  So I guess it depends on how close to reality the showrunners intend to be. 

Either we resume with Chris and/or Travis quickly dispatching the dying FJ with a knife or gunshot to the head, or we see FJ turn and attack one of the Douchebros, or we resume with FJ dying of a chest wound but not turning.  I'm actually interested in which it will be as long as Madison isn't there.

• Love 1

Dang...

Spoiler

Alycia Debnam-Carey is two-for-two when it comes to killing Brenda Strong.

Wonder where they'll meet up next.

I liked Alicia being tough in this episode...luring walkers, climbing over balconies, flipping her knife. Called a little BS on her doing the elevator rope climb, but I can overlook it. I think I like Elena. 

I hope Chris and Travis die soon. Now that the characters have split up, I can see pretty clearly that those two are the main dead weight. I even find Madison tolerable without them.

On 9/8/2016 at 0:56 PM, SnarkyTart said:

That would be as hilarious as Travis knocking out a car window and opening the car door from the outside.   

This moment was spectacularly ridiculous. It earned a double take from me.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

This was actually an interesting episode and I think it's because the writers got a little creative. Ophelia has vanished, which I'm fine with because Elena seems more interesting. Chris hanging out with the Bros seems natural. He'll be running that little terror squad in no time. It's interesting to see a tyrant's origin story. A couple seasons from now he'll be some big bad who is knocking off cartel leaders and it will be believable. It's good to see the show stretching itself.

The Cable Live +3 Ratings are in for "Do Not Disturb":

For the third week running, “Fear the Walking Dead” and “Rizzoli & Isles” are at the top of the Live +3 ratings.

“Fear” remains on top in adults 18-49 with a 2.3 rating, nearly doubling its series-low same-day number (1.2) with three days of delayed viewing. That’s also the biggest gain of the week in the demographic. [5.275 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/11/cable-live-3-ratings-aug-29-sept-4-2016/

And here are the Live + Same Day Ratings along with the Live +3 Ratings for Season 2 so far:

04-10-16 “Monster” 6.674 million; Live +3 8.826 million
04-17-16 “We All Fall Down” 5.581 million; Live +3 7.781 million
04-24-16 “Ouroboros” 4.726 million; Live +3 6.995 million
05-01-16 “Blood on the Streets” 4.803 million; Live + 3 6.958 million
05-08-16 “Captive” 4.414 million; Live +3 6.924 million
05-15-16 “Sicut Cervus” 4.486 million; Live +3 6.784 million
05-22-16 “Shiva” 4.388 million; Live +3 6.663 million

08-21-16 “Grotesque” 3.864 million; Live +3 5.756 million
08-28-16 “Los Muertos” 3.661 million; Live +3 5.535 million
09-04-16 “Do Not Disturb” 2.991 million; Live +3 5.275 million

27 minutes ago, Raven1707 said:

The Cable Live +3 Ratings are in for "Do Not Disturb":

For the third week running, “Fear the Walking Dead” and “Rizzoli & Isles” are at the top of the Live +3 ratings.

“Fear” remains on top in adults 18-49 with a 2.3 rating, nearly doubling its series-low same-day number (1.2) with three days of delayed viewing. That’s also the biggest gain of the week in the demographic. [5.275 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/11/cable-live-3-ratings-aug-29-sept-4-2016/

And here are the Live + Same Day Ratings along with the Live +3 Ratings for Season 2 so far:

04-10-16 “Monster” 6.674 million; Live +3 8.826 million
04-17-16 “We All Fall Down” 5.581 million; Live +3 7.781 million
04-24-16 “Ouroboros” 4.726 million; Live +3 6.995 million
05-01-16 “Blood on the Streets” 4.803 million; Live + 3 6.958 million
05-08-16 “Captive” 4.414 million; Live +3 6.924 million
05-15-16 “Sicut Cervus” 4.486 million; Live +3 6.784 million
05-22-16 “Shiva” 4.388 million; Live +3 6.663 million

08-21-16 “Grotesque” 3.864 million; Live +3 5.756 million
08-28-16 “Los Muertos” 3.661 million; Live +3 5.535 million
09-04-16 “Do Not Disturb” 2.991 million; Live +3 5.275 million

That is not a good trend

Oh well, another average episode.  Some dopey things by the characters and some interesting things.

I like that Strand is making a comeback after his pathetic showing in the last two eps before the break.

The Lochte trio can't be long for this world.

And Chris is really annoying. 

On 9/4/2016 at 7:04 PM, PreviouslyTV said:

The show's recent move to Mexico allows for more diverse casting in the Walking Dead universe.

So... they've added Mexicans.  I'm sorry, how is that diverse?

On 9/6/2016 at 2:19 PM, xaxat said:

Was anyone else reminded of the trailer for the video game Dead Island?

(If you're unfamiliar with it, I highly recommend a watch. It might be the best zombie short film ever.)

I thought it was cool when it first came out. Now I just watched it for the first time since becoming a father, and it breaks my heart like no CGI has ever done.