Type keyword(s) to search

Tori & Company In The Media

On 9/5/2017 at 3:20 PM, alexa said:

I think they are just stupid at this point.  They seem like they are fairly nice and normal individuals but then they constantly do dumb stuff like this.  Yes, let's have court cases related to money going on, and then post instagram photos of your expensive vacation!  Why yes, that is so bright of you!  They may be Hollywood, but if you have debt as high as they do they are poorer than many people in America.  Those people should be going to the Four Seasons, not Tori and Dean and their huge brood of children.  

I don't think they're nice or normal. They both have massive issues which are evidenced in some ways by the overspending. Tori has a shopping/spending addiction and she feels punished and deprived not being able to have the lavish lifestyle she grew up with and thought she'd have forever. In her mind, she's doing so much and having such a hard time to have to drive herself and microwave a pizza for her kids. Living in a $2M+ home feels like living in the projects to her. So I think Tori keeps spending money to meet her emotional needs and because she really doesn't get it. She probably thinks it's super unfair for people to criticize her for "excessive" spending because, if she had her way (and if life/Candy weren't such bitches), she'd be spending 10 or 20 times more.

In Dean's case, I think he married Tori for money and the opportunity to become a Hollywood A-lister. He ended up miserable with the most high-maintenance, self-involved wife ever; an ever-growing brood; a string of reality shows in which he was humiliated; and not even that much money. So I think he's trying to make the best of the situation because he can appreciate living in nice houses with pools, having nannies and housekeepers, going on expensive vacations, and having nice toys like motorcycles and whatever else. Also, there's pretty much nothing he can do about it. Whatever kind of job he could get wouldn't make a dent in Tori's spending, so he might as well get some stuff for himself too. He's probably a little embarrassed by the unflattering articles in tabloids, but there aren't many other negative consequences. He knows that, at the end of the day, Candy will always provide nice (to him) housing and other necessities for him and his kids. I think he feels like that's the least he's "entitled" to for all his suffering.

• Love 6

I think everyone is confusing what I said as if I think they are great people. I don't. I meant they seem like they should be nice and normal but they are not in reality. My focus was on how stupid they are acting not the nice and normal part of what I said. 

• Love 8

Tori put up an Instagram story, and I realized I hadn't seen her "in action" for a while. I wondered what she had done to her face, cheek implants or something? And maybe she's smoking now? Her voice is OFF. I think if Tori had any type of self awareness she could've made a decent (by Hollywood standards) living doing reality completion shows (not involving her kids, but perhaps decorating, something involving pets etc), guest star spots on RuPaul's Drag race and the like, but oh no.....?

• Love 4
On 9/9/2017 at 9:29 PM, alexa said:

I think everyone is confusing what I said as if I think they are great people. I don't. I meant they seem like they should be nice and normal but they are not in reality. My focus was on how stupid they are acting not the nice and normal part of what I said. 

I get what you're saying. Tori at book signings came off very polite and personable. You can be a nice person who is polite toward others, well mannered yet do the atrocious things they do. Tori and Dean lost me with all the Mary Jo bashing years ago. 

• Love 6
On 9/10/2017 at 8:34 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Tori put up an Instagram story, and I realized I hadn't seen her "in action" for a while. I wondered what she had done to her face, cheek implants or something? And maybe she's smoking now? Her voice is OFF. I think if Tori had any type of self awareness she could've made a decent (by Hollywood standards) living doing reality completion shows (not involving her kids, but perhaps decorating, something involving pets etc), guest star spots on RuPaul's Drag race and the like, but oh no.....?

I think Tori had a decent C-, maybe even low B-list, celebrity career going at one point. She definitely had/has a strong public image (which wasn't as tarnished years ago) and she had done some interesting/decent projects (NoTorious or whatever it was called, and I think some movies, and even the early years of the shows with Dean) in addition to notable guest spots on Drag Race, etc. She was also doing stuff like celebrity appearances at conventions, which can pay pretty well and is easy work, and she had a few best-selling books. I think it's all fallen apart because of her mental health/substance abuse/spending addiction/marital/etc./etc./etc. problems. I think she could fairly easily be making 7 figures a year if she hadn't fucked everything up, even without landing a hit TV show or something (which could have been a possibility).

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I think Tori had a decent C-, maybe even low B-list, celebrity career going at one point. She definitely had/has a strong public image (which wasn't as tarnished years ago) and she had done some interesting/decent projects (NoTorious or whatever it was called, and I think some movies, and even the early years of the shows with Dean) in addition to notable guest spots on Drag Race, etc. She was also doing stuff like celebrity appearances at conventions, which can pay pretty well and is easy work, and she had a few best-selling books. I think it's all fallen apart because of her mental health/substance abuse/spending addiction/marital/etc./etc./etc. problems. I think she could fairly easily be making 7 figures a year if she hadn't fucked everything up, even without landing a hit TV show or something (which could have been a possibility).

I agree. When she met Dean things were going pretty well for her. However her constant spending, marital problems etc ruined any chance she had to make a living "hustling" in Hollywood. Mystery Girls on AbcFamily bombed royally. I also think she didn't want to work too much because she doesn't trust Dean at all, and she needs constant approval and reinforcement. Tori had the potential to work on her issues etc but backtracked a lot. I'm not blaming Dean- she's a grown woman, but I think he fuels her worst traits (rather than her best). I was a Tori fan about 10yrs ago. I thought she was funny and I appreciated that she put her hat in various projects to keep her her lifestyle. I read her first book and felt her love and respect for Nanny (the woman that raised her, and actually was her nanny) was genuine. NOW....good god Tori. 

• Love 8

Tori and Dean had their little reality shows, and I think those were pretty good for them, financially, and in terms of what they had to do for them and the attention it brought them, I think the kids fared ok on those shows too. But then they did the last reality show where she publicly punished him for cheating, and that completely destroyed the brand. I'm not sure people even tuned in to that last show, but it revealed her to be the broken mess that she is, as well as the cracks in their marriage. They can't go back to the cutesy family stuff from that, and they can't change or resolve their issues. 

They, Tori mainly, killed the golden goose, is what I'm saying. Neither of them really has other prospects. They might do the occasional guest spot, but I don't think they'll really work in t.v. or movies again. She just had to let everyone know that the cheater she cheated on her first husband with cheated on her (duh!) and that she was the victim more than she could play the long game for their marketability. Not to mention what filming that show probably did to the kids, and of course they'll be able to find it later.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Tori and Dean had their little reality shows, and I think those were pretty good for them, financially, and in terms of what they had to do for them and the attention it brought them, I think the kids fared ok on those shows too. But then they did the last reality show where she publicly punished him for cheating, and that completely destroyed the brand. I'm not sure people even tuned in to that last show, but it revealed her to be the broken mess that she is, as well as the cracks in their marriage. They can't go back to the cutesy family stuff from that, and they can't change or resolve their issues. 

They, Tori mainly, killed the golden goose, is what I'm saying. Neither of them really has other prospects. They might do the occasional guest spot, but I don't think they'll really work in t.v. or movies again. She just had to let everyone know that the cheater she cheated on her first husband with cheated on her (duh!) and that she was the victim more than she could play the long game for their marketability. Not to mention what filming that show probably did to the kids, and of course they'll be able to find it later.

I agree. Filming for 8 weeks or so while they were working on a house or doing a project wasn't that distributive to the kids routines and schooling. After she aired their dirty laundry on the show, the bubble was burst. She also conveniently forgot she cheated on her first husband but he never ran to the tabloids about it. But it was going to come out eventually, didn't the girl the the tabloids about the affair for a payout?

Tori never worked on her over spending or consumption issues, she never worked on her marriage (neither did Dean) and the stress of more kids and more debt kept making things worse. It shows on her face.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I agree with you (and many others who have posted)!

SoNoTorious was enjoyable. She always came off well, fully aware of how the world saw her. Shes great with crafts and parties. If she hadn't sabotaged herself there are so many profitable endeavors she could be earning a lot from. I remember on another forum when Inn Love was on, someone posted they sent then baby Liam a gift at the inn and a few weeks later was shocked to receive a hand written thank you note from Tori. That's great manners and has nothing to do with whether a person is awful or not. It bugs that she had the ability to create a great niche, nest egg for herself and ruined it. How do you ever recover from something like this? Can she ever get her brand back? 

• Love 8

@LemonSoda I don't think so because she's compulsive. Anything she makes she will burn through. Add 5 kids to the mix and her need to keep Dean as CLOSE as possible, how would she have the time to establish anything much less keep it up? She could make a decent-ish living doing high end pet stuff and kids bday party planning (she was good at that) but I think she's also less motivated now because she knows Candy won't let them starve, she's always going to pay the rent, food bill, and the kids school tuition. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I agree with you (and many others who have posted)!

SoNoTorious was enjoyable. She always came off well, fully aware of how the world saw her. Shes great with crafts and parties. If she hadn't sabotaged herself there are so many profitable endeavors she could be earning a lot from. I remember on another forum when Inn Love was on, someone posted they sent then baby Liam a gift at the inn and a few weeks later was shocked to receive a hand written thank you note from Tori. That's great manners and has nothing to do with whether a person is awful or not. It bugs that she had the ability to create a great niche, nest egg for herself and ruined it. How do you ever recover from something like this? Can she ever get her brand back? 

I am honestly so glad to hear that. I always make a concerted effort to send thank you notes, & even though my oldest is only 3, I always have her at least draw something in crayon, or write the first letter of her name (until she can actually write) so that the giver knows that we appreciate the gift, especially, as in this case, if they didn't personally see us open the gift. Tori drives me batty, & I think Dean is just bigger-word-than-repulsive, but I'm really glad to hear that she's gracious, at least in that situation.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Exactly this. The last reality show about their marital problems caused me to dislike them both greatly (and somehow dislike Tori even more than Dean), whereas I thought Tori and somewhat Dean had some endearing qualities in their earlier projects together. I also think she had great potential to be a great comedienne. "So NoTORIous" was really brilliant, funny, self-aware and self-depreciating....everything Tori and Dean are SO the opposite of now. I don't think there's any recovery from where they are now.

1 hour ago, nkotb said:

I am honestly so glad to hear that. I always make a concerted effort to send thank you notes, & even though my oldest is only 3, I always have her at least draw something in crayon, or write the first letter of her name (until she can actually write) so that the giver knows that we appreciate the gift, especially, as in this case, if they didn't personally see us open the gift. Tori drives me batty, & I think Dean is just bigger-word-than-repulsive, but I'm really glad to hear that she's gracious, at least in that situation.

I do, too (and I send ones from my toddlers, too)! I bet Candy instilled this in Tori. :)

17 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. When she met Dean things were going pretty well for her. However her constant spending, marital problems etc ruined any chance she had to make a living "hustling" in Hollywood. Mystery Girls on AbcFamily bombed royally. I also think she didn't want to work too much because she doesn't trust Dean at all, and she needs constant approval and reinforcement. Tori had the potential to work on her issues etc but backtracked a lot. I'm not blaming Dean- she's a grown woman, but I think he fuels her worst traits (rather than her best). I was a Tori fan about 10yrs ago. I thought she was funny and I appreciated that she put her hat in various projects to keep her her lifestyle. I read her first book and felt her love and respect for Nanny (the woman that raised her, and actually was her nanny) was genuine. NOW....good god Tori. 

Her love for Nanny was really sweet (I also read and liked her first book). I think Nanny is largely the reason why Tori & Randy didn't end up as drugged out, unemployed rich kids stumbling out of clubs as teens/young adults (and also cause I don't think Candy & Aaron would have funded a Casey Johnson/Brandon Davis/etc-like existence for them). I feel like if Nanny could come back for one day, Nanny would definitely tell Tori all about herself & how she needed to get herself together. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

@MyPeopleAreNordic Tori admits that it was Nanny's love and guidance that kept her from drugs and all of that. Also why she had that "relatablity" factor even though she was a rich celeb princess. I do wish Nanny would come back and go "black mom" on her behind and tell her to get it together. 

Tori used to be able to laugh and herself and call herself out on her shit. Post Dean's Canadian affair and that season of their reality tv show something changed. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Absolutely. Doing the reality show wasn't the bad idea, deciding to film everything was though. The cheating scandal would not have been nearly as big if they hadn't filmed it all, including the fact that Dean tried to kill himself, which I don't think anybody knew about until it was on the show. After watching that, nobody is ever going to believe they have a good marriage, the best she can do now is the psychic reading commercials. Too bad she didn't hook up with them a lot earlier, maybe one of their people could have told her to avoid reality shows. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

I feel like the downward spiral started even before the show punishing Dean for cheating. Tori was being revealed as more and more neurotic and self-involved. I vaguely remember a storyline with her breaking down and yelling at Liam in the party supply store, her impulsively buying and killing a baby pig, and other crazy incidents I think happened before Dean cheated (or got caught cheating). I think the show with her torturing Dean for ruining the fairy tale(!) was the culmination of all of that.

I think that, in addition to damaging her/their public image, Tori has been too troubled (being hospitalized, blowing off work commitments, feeling like she has to be around to watch Dean at all times, having more and more kids, etc., etc.) to keep up with a busy career. There was a storyline on one of the shows about her not going to a personal appearance because she had a cold or something and their therapist was like, "Can't you just take some cold medicine and power through it?" and Tori whined about how she just couldn't. Those gigs pay 5 figures, so most adults/professionals/parents/people who are desperate for money would suck it up and figure out a way to hang out at a party (basically) for a few hours to earn the money to pay for their storage units that month (or whatever). There are plenty of former TV stars who are able and willing to show up on time and be completely professional for that kind of work (and TV guest spots, shows, movies, etc.), so I'm sure it doesn't take much to become too much of a pain in the ass to bother with in that arena.

• Love 3

@TheRealT I certainly think her pregnancies, and mental health issues have done a number on Tori's well being. She had a better handle on things (like her anxiety) when she was younger, but multiple kids, difficult pregnancies, plus mental health issues etc has left her kind of broken. She probably should've stopped at 2-3 kids and focused more on her mental well being. 

Given how shes acting now I wonder how menopause will treat her. The hormonal changes are a distribution for many women who don't have a history of depression and anxiety- with Tori who knows. Add that to the fact that she will still have little kids at home it will be stressful. 

• Love 2

Oh, and having bio kids was something she had over Mary Jo (in her mind anyway). Menopause can only be for the good (stop having high risk pregnancies for kids you already neglect and can't afford for the wrong reasons!), but the idea of it might push her to an even darker place.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Oh, and having bio kids was something she had over Mary Jo (in her mind anyway). Menopause can only be for the good (stop having high risk pregnancies for kids you already neglect and can't afford for the wrong reasons!), but the idea of it might push her to an even darker place.

I still think that was beyond cruel of her to mock Mary Jo's inability to have more children. It was the Mary Jo bashing that made me truly dislike Tori. Before, I enjoyed her work and humor. I even thought her original face was pretty. Bombshell beauty? No but I thought she was a pretty girl.

• Love 7
On 9/15/2017 at 7:41 PM, Cosmic Muffin said:

I'm sure Tori is/has been/will be freaking out about getting older and big milestones like menopause because her self-image and self-worth are very tied up in being attractive and young. She's very insecure about her relationship with Dean and is always worried that he will be lusting after/fucking someone else. She lorded her youth and fertility over Mary Jo, so, naturally, she's concerned that some younger, more fertile woman will turn Dean's head (again).

• Love 5

On the other hand, how happy is Mary Jo that she only had one child with Dean, and he's now college and and presumably she doesn't have to communicate with D&T much, if at all? I don't think she's happy about how her marriage ended, or that the IRS took Jack's money, or Dean owes $100,000 in back child support (I wonder if she'll ever see that money? Did Jack get his money back?). And financially raising her daughter was probably hard, but she didn't have to coparent with Dean or deal with Tori. The daughter is younger and home longer, but Dean might be just about out of her life. T&D are tied to each other with their 5 kids, the youngest whom they'll be raising for the next 18 years.

But yeah, Tori is probably freaking out about the idea of menopause specifically, and aging/Dean leaving in general.

Possibly TMI, I'm now 4 years older than my mother when she went through menopause and I'm not there yet. I've never wanted bio kids (I have cats, that's enough) since I was 13 I've wanted to throw my uterus into traffic each month, and it just won't retire. I'm not freaking out, and I may have some pangs when it does stop, but I will also be so happy to have that era over. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

On the other hand, how happy is Mary Jo that she only had one child with Dean, and he's now college and and presumably she doesn't have to communicate with D&T much, if at all? I don't think she's happy about how her marriage ended, or that the IRS took Jack's money, or Dean owes $100,000 in back child support (I wonder if she'll ever see that money? Did Jack get his money back?). And financially raising her daughter was probably hard, but she didn't have to coparent with Dean or deal with Tori. The daughter is younger and home longer, but Dean might be just about out of her life. T&D are tied to each other with their 5 kids, the youngest whom they'll be raising for the next 18 years.

But yeah, Tori is probably freaking out about the idea of menopause specifically, and aging/Dean leaving in general.

Mary Jo will probably never see a dime. But I love that she keeps filing away to be a thorn in his side. Oddly enough, money will never be an issue was one of the first things he said after telling her he was having an affair with Tori and leaving her. He thought he hit the jackpot. He did hit the jackpot of crazy not cash. 

• Love 6

Yeah, he's rich in magic beans, damaged kids, storage sheds of crap like the bouquet from Tori's first marriage, and...I can't think of anything else. Treasured memories, I guess. Maybe bean dip; if your crazy wife gives you magic beans, make bean dip.

Men/Women, don't breed with the crazy! Sometimes you can't tell someone is crazy until it's too late, and some people are a Russian parade of red flags. Do not have children with these people! If you figure out someone is crazy, stop having kids with them.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cosmic Muffin said:

Yeah, he's rich in magic beans, damaged kids, storage sheds of crap like the bouquet from Tori's first marriage, and...I can't think of anything else. Treasured memories, I guess. Maybe bean dip; if your crazy wife gives you magic beans, make bean dip.

Men/Women, don't breed with the crazy! Sometimes you can't tell someone is crazy until it's too late, and some people are a Russian parade of red flags. Do not have children with these people! If you figure out someone is crazy, stop having kids with them.

As screwed up as it all is, I think he thrives off of the drama and chaos. He has a very addictive personality and thrives off of being needed. 

• Love 3

I keep waiting for the announcement that they're expecting baby #6, since Tori has kids in "pairs" and I don't think the newest baby has attracted enough attention/paydays/etc for Tori & Dean (not that I think baby #6 will, either, but these people are stupid/insane and will do the same thing expecting a different outcome). 

• Love 5

I'm a little embarrassed how fascinatingly I find all of this. I'm the type of person who is curious about what drives people and what makes them tick. I also have a little experience with being in soul crushing debt. Besides Tori's apparent drive to buy, own, and consume, she's also just hopelessly out of touch with how the world works. I bet Tori would say that being in the reality/train has kept her afloat, but I think it's been her downfall. This last decade of selling herself has affirmed her sense of entitlement, that she should be rewarded momentarily just for living her life in the public eye. After her dad died, there was a turning point where she could have gotten resourceful, worked harder (or more--there was clearly a market for her with Lifetime and such), but instead she became a charecteture of herself.

We know that Tori/the fam gets paid for some appearances (exclusive baby photos, reality shows, probably at least some of her appearances at public events). They may also get paid to pimp the kazillion brands they rep, although more likely they get comped with "free" stuff in exchange for promotion. I bet Tori feels like that's her job/main way of making money, but I also bet the math almost never works out. Like she throws those lavish, hideous birthday parties and maybe she gets the cake and the favors for free, but she ends up spending $10k getting her yard landscaped and renting a tent and her outfit is like $1000 because she's not going to wear some shit from Target in US Weekly, she's Tori Spelling! And she also has to get her nails done and probably new extensions, too, and Deano can't just show up on his old bike...

Like she doesn't know how to just exist. Everything is for money or for show. It's pathetic and sad. I hope some of her kids manage to break the cycle, but it won't be an easy road for them.

• Love 12
19 hours ago, MilkMachine said:

I'm a little embarrassed how fascinatingly I find all of this. I'm the type of person who is curious about what drives people and what makes them tick. I also have a little experience with being in soul crushing debt. Besides Tori's apparent drive to buy, own, and consume, she's also just hopelessly out of touch with how the world works. I bet Tori would say that being in the reality/train has kept her afloat, but I think it's been her downfall. This last decade of selling herself has affirmed her sense of entitlement, that she should be rewarded momentarily just for living her life in the public eye. After her dad died, there was a turning point where she could have gotten resourceful, worked harder (or more--there was clearly a market for her with Lifetime and such), but instead she became a charecteture of herself.

We know that Tori/the fam gets paid for some appearances (exclusive baby photos, reality shows, probably at least some of her appearances at public events). They may also get paid to pimp the kazillion brands they rep, although more likely they get comped with "free" stuff in exchange for promotion. I bet Tori feels like that's her job/main way of making money, but I also bet the math almost never works out. Like she throws those lavish, hideous birthday parties and maybe she gets the cake and the favors for free, but she ends up spending $10k getting her yard landscaped and renting a tent and her outfit is like $1000 because she's not going to wear some shit from Target in US Weekly, she's Tori Spelling! And she also has to get her nails done and probably new extensions, too, and Deano can't just show up on his old bike...

Like she doesn't know how to just exist. Everything is for money or for show. It's pathetic and sad. I hope some of her kids manage to break the cycle, but it won't be an easy road for them.

Back in the first season of her reality show career, I remember her plugging brands on MySpace and being fascinated by it because it was so new. All she had to do was post a link and companies are giving things for free? Wow! Since then, it seems like she's overwhelmed with curating a life instead of living one. She puts so much of herself in decorating, collecting/hoarding. An image without a life. 

• Love 5
On 10/10/2017 at 8:46 AM, henrysmom said:

http://people.com/babies/tori-spelling-dean-mcdermott-family-day-5-kids/

I have never seen such a gloomy bunch of kids.  Even the baby looks sad.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/tori-spelling-might-have-a-sixth-child-im-a-brady-bunch-fan-w506615

Oh dear.  I can see where this is going.  She gets that sixth kid, and we have a new reality show called the Tori Bunch.  

Didn't they have a Baby Farm sign in their garden years ago? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, NatsFan said:

Mary Jo has filed to have Dean held in contempt. She cites the lavish vacations to Iceland and the Four Seasons and the lavish birthday parties for his other kids. She says that his checks are bouncing for their son's tuition and rent.

http://radaronline.com/videos/dean-mcdermott-ex-wife-mary-jo-eustace-child-support/

I'm not sure how he'll get out of this one. I can't see Candy ponying up the money.

Where are they getting the money for these vacations & parties? They owe a ton of money to credit card companies & now he's a deadbeat dad. Neither of them have a job, how are they paying for the other stuff?

• Love 3

If she keeps bailing them out she is doing no service to her daughter whatsoever.  She might as well hand over a huge chunk of money at this point because this covering their bills is about the same thing given they still run up debt and she just pays it off (she must be or they would not be able to do 3/4 of the things they do and live where they live).  I know she is probably trying to act like she is doing this responsibly and for the kids, but clearly by covering all of their expenses they have no issue with running off on their trips and documenting it on instagram.  Ugh.  Just give them the money Candy, as this is no different if you truly don't care about your daughter and her ability to ever take care of herself.  She has a son, Randy, that has done the right thing--so it is ridiculous that she supports Tori and her Hollywood lifestyle, and the amount of kids she chooses to pop out on a whim.

• Love 4

I feel really badly for Jack. Can you imagine finding out a few weeks into the semester that your college tuition that your dad was supposed to be paying, wasn't actually paid....but here he is taking your half-siblings & stepmom to Iceland and checking into the Four Seasons? Poor Jack. Thank goodness he has Mary Jo. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

There is a TV show called "Broke and Famous" or something like that. My DVR picked up a recent episode about Tori. I haven't seen it yet. I watched the Toni Braxton one a while back.

This show sounds delicious. Details? Channel? Time? I'll be searching for it to add to the DVR.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

This show sounds delicious. Details? Channel? Time? I'll be searching for it to add to the DVR.

It's a delicious show! I'm falling in love with the Reelz channel. It's kind of like what E! Used to be back in the day. Shows about scandals, crimes and celebrity downfalls. 

I'm glad Mary Jo keeps filing so Dean stays accountable for his responsibilities. I feel bad for Mary Jo because after stupidly moving to the US so Dean could chase his dreams her own career took a hit that it has never recovered from. 

• Love 5

@ChristmasJones & @LemonSoda - thanks for the info, I'll scope it out at lunch! Reelz is a great channel! Isn't it the channel that runs "Autopsy: Last Hours of..." & "Copy Cat Killers"? I love both of those shows! 

Back on topic, I could see why Candy would want to pay off Mary Jo, just to make this drama go away, but I kinda hope she doesn't. When you marry someone with kids, you marry their responsibilities (any situation, really, but especially when you marry someone with kids); likewise, if you have kids from a previous relationship, you make sure that you can afford to care for them before you bring more into the world. If you can't afford to send Dean's kid/s to college (that poor little girl that Dean & Mary Jo were in the process of adopting just gets forgotten, although, he may have given up his rights to her, if he ever had them, I don't know), if that was agreed to in his divorce, then you don't have 5 of your own...& counting. I will wager a guess that most of Tori's vacations are probably comped for the publicity, I would assume, I don't know for sure, but my guess is that their latest vacation didn't cost them much, if anything, thus why we're hearing about it. I'd honestly assume that most of their party stuff is comped, too, but again, I have no way of knowing. Most companies & stores know that Tori whores out her kids' parties, & they'll get a ton of free publicity for minimal cost in products, I'd guess quite a lot of their party stuff is free (again, totally guessing).

Having said all of that, if I was Mary Jo, I wouldn't care what they got for free, I'd still be pissed that he couldn't provide for his child, but could take the time for lavish vacations & extreme parties. Get a job at Target or someplace, Dean, & contribute something to your first child, ass. 

• Love 7

I know I am terrible about this, but I want Candy to make a gift to Mari Jo that in no way absolves Dean of his responsibility.  While I feel sorry for their five kids, the best result for me would be Dean in jail AND Jack's college paid for.  Then maybe MariJo can splurge a little on the daughter Dean abandoned, which almost caused her to lose the ability to adopt.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, nkotb said:

@ChristmasJones & @LemonSoda - thanks for the info, I'll scope it out at lunch! Reelz is a great channel! Isn't it the channel that runs "Autopsy: Last Hours of..." & "Copy Cat Killers"? I love both of those shows! 

Back on topic, I could see why Candy would want to pay off Mary Jo, just to make this drama go away, but I kinda hope she doesn't. When you marry someone with kids, you marry their responsibilities (any situation, really, but especially when you marry someone with kids); likewise, if you have kids from a previous relationship, you make sure that you can afford to care for them before you bring more into the world. If you can't afford to send Dean's kid/s to college (that poor little girl that Dean & Mary Jo were in the process of adopting just gets forgotten, although, he may have given up his rights to her, if he ever had them, I don't know), if that was agreed to in his divorce, then you don't have 5 of your own...& counting. I will wager a guess that most of Tori's vacations are probably comped for the publicity, I would assume, I don't know for sure, but my guess is that their latest vacation didn't cost them much, if anything, thus why we're hearing about it. I'd honestly assume that most of their party stuff is comped, too, but again, I have no way of knowing. Most companies & stores know that Tori whores out her kids' parties, & they'll get a ton of free publicity for minimal cost in products, I'd guess quite a lot of their party stuff is free (again, totally guessing).

Having said all of that, if I was Mary Jo, I wouldn't care what they got for free, I'd still be pissed that he couldn't provide for his child, but could take the time for lavish vacations & extreme parties. Get a job at Target or someplace, Dean, & contribute something to your first child, ass. 

That's the channel! Its become my new favourite. 

Dean an gave up his rights to Lola and Mary Jo continued the adoption process as a single parent. She stated in a podcast interview that since Lola was a baby at the time she lacks the abandonment issues that Jack had, she's a happy well adjusted child. 

Right? It's more irksome considering when he dumped her he kept stating that money would never ever be a problem. Mary Jo was the breadwinner in their marriage. I got in trouble on the old forums, was even accused of being her because when she'd get slagged I'd say uh no! She had a long running tv show! I grew up watching her. She's the reason I went to cooking school. 

• Love 8

My phone isn't allowing me to paste the link but apparently Tori copied the designs from a company who provided free items for Beau's nursery for her new line of baby bedding. This bugs because I know she has natural creativity and shouldn't be reduced to this. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

My phone isn't allowing me to paste the link but apparently Tori copied the designs from a company who provided free items for Beau's nursery for her new line of baby bedding. This bugs because I know she has natural creativity and shouldn't be reduced to this. 

omg this is just like that episode of 90210 when Donna was addicted to painkillers and she was running a design studio (!) and she stole her intern's ideas....anyone?  anyone?  Bueller???

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, teapot said:

omg this is just like that episode of 90210 when Donna was addicted to painkillers and she was running a design studio (!) and she stole her intern's ideas....anyone?  anyone?  Bueller???

Really? Haha! That makes it even more crazy! 

• Love 3