Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: The Digital Rage

• Start Topic

It's definitely hard to tell whether Kris just sees her kids as money-making objects to move around in her own story (like someone who has narcissistic personality disorder), or if she actually sees them as individuals and loves them. The whole family has huge boundary issues, that's for sure!

On 8/22/2016 at 8:54 AM, laurakaye said:

Lamar is a mess.  I did not need to see him scarfing a giant hamburger and slopping the contents all over Kris's floor, and then watch as Kris mops up his mess and makes goo-goo eyes at him.  He looks like he's gained considerable weight and his eyes look unfocused.  And he's going to go work out at a camp to try and get back in shape?  I mean, I'm all about redemption arcs, but he seems way too far gone at this point.

Just a little bit of information that addresses the questions as to how Lamar gained so much weight and why he craves junk food. Apparently it's very common for drug addicts to crave sweets while recovering.

'Several other drugs such as amphetamines, psychedelics, cocaine, caffeine, and nicotine temporarily increase the release of sugar into the bloodstream; this creates a "high" through a metabolic process similar to that involving sugar and alcohol. These drugs also duplicate the mood-inducing effect of the body's endorphin's, chemicals which transmit messages to the brain that help to relax the nervous system, or make it smile".
http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.asp?Id=903

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

Kylie announced last year that now she too has become lactose intolerant. My first thought was 'yeah right, don't let Kourtney get all the diet-attention'. So I started wondering if Kourtney had all this lactose intolerance and sensitivities to gluten all those years she was growing up?  "No yeast, no mold, no gluten and no dairy" has also become Khloe's mantra and lifestyle. I think that's great if that's what they feel works for them, I just don't care for the pontificating and annoyingly pompous way they've chosen to essentially say 'I'm smarter than everyone else about my eating habits'.  If they're rather eat take-out salads out of a clear plastic bowl every day, that's great. I'd prefer a grilled cheese sandwich or a Lean Cuisine squash ravioli personally but I wouldn't want it every friggen day of the week.

There's no story or backbone to this franchise anymore. They tried it solo without any of the men (I used that term loosely for Caitlyn) and once Scott, Lamar, and Caitlyn were absent from the show, it showed the women for what they really are. They're basically boring and only intriguing when one wonders what any of them actually have that draws our attention. They're smart about fashion and makeup but literally dumb as dirt about the world in general and if they had to go out and actually find a job that suited their intellectual capacities, they'd all be behind a counter at McDonald's serving up Happy Meals to overweight children.

Edited to add a p.s.

AND............if they all were lactose intolerant and had gluten allergies growing up then their house must have smelled like one big giant fart most of the time.  :P

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

There's no story or backbone to this franchise anymore. They tried it solo without any of the men (I used that term loosely for Caitlyn) and once Scott, Lamar, and Caitlyn were absent from the show, it showed the women for what they really are. They're basically boring and only intriguing when one wonders what any of them actually have that draws our attention. They're street smart but literally dumb as dirt and if they had to go out and actually find a job that suited their intellectual capacities, they'd all be behind a counter at McDonald's serving up Happy Meals to overweight children.

Exactly this.  Without dragging the men and their various illnesses back into the storylines, the women have nothing to do or say, except for the occasional and scintillating "yeah."  The sisters on their own cannot carry this show anymore.  They must know this - hence, Khloe's constant name-dropping and whining about Rob and Lamar.  The men are her only last, tenuous connection to being relevant.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I'd prefer a grilled cheese sandwich or a Lean Cuisine squash ravioli personally but I wouldn't want it every friggen day of the week.

Damn, that butternut squash ravioli is good! Just had it for lunch.

10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Exactly this.  Without dragging the men and their various illnesses back into the storylines, the women have nothing to do or say, except for the occasional and scintillating "yeah."  The sisters on their own cannot carry this show anymore.  They must know this - hence, Khloe's constant name-dropping and whining about Rob and Lamar.  The men are her only last, tenuous connection to being relevant.

I was on the phone the other day after watching a few K episodes and as my friend was telling a story I heard myself say "yeah" several times in this dead voice and I was horrified. I picked it up from them; what an awful habit. I need to do penance somehow.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Damn, that butternut squash ravioli is good! Just had it for lunch.

I was on the phone the other day after watching a few K episodes and as my friend was telling a story I heard myself say "yeah" several times in this dead voice and I was horrified. I picked it up from them; what an awful habit. I need to do penance somehow.

Know what bugs me even more than 'yeah' is the way they end a phone call with each other. They all say 'okay, bye' so fast that it sounds like one word 'okaybye'. Say it out loud. Am I being too picky? Well the thing that Kourtney does when she eats bugs me even more. Actually most of them do this. When eating their salad out of the plastic bowl and putting the fork with lettuce to their mouth they open their mouths wide enough that nothing has a chance in Hell of messing up their lipstick. (AHHHHhhhh) It's annoying. And while I'm on the subject of all those salads, I figure they must all have some pretty loose b.m's. but maybe they like that.  :)

79f37d6710611cbc9945835bf9b2fe45.jpg

• Love 1

I think Scott is the only one who is really lactose intolerant. I've heard him in several episodes when ordering food request no sour cream or sometimes cheese.

Kylie was scarfing down chicken parm that Lamars chef made. It looked like lots of cheese!!!

I saw the preview of Khloe's sit down with Rob. She's dressed and made up  like she's hitting the red carpet while leaning seductively  on a chaise lounge and he looks like he'd rather for be any  where else. 

I guess she didn't really mean she wanted a "private" meeting. 

• Love 4

The commercials for Rob's show make me feel creeped out. Her going nuts about him texting, and Rob's either half asleep, stoned or just being plain whiney, saying something like, "that's all I ever wanted.". 

There's something quite strange about Rob and Khloe's relationship. And throw Lamar in with the two of them and it just gets worse. Rob comes to supposedly see Khloe and he sits next to Lamar, as if he needs protection from Khloe. Why do they need Lamar there? My guess would be that's how he gets a a check. Otherwise what would they show Rob or Lamar doing? 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The commercials for Rob's show make me feel creeped out. Her going nuts about him texting, and Rob's either half asleep, stoned or just being plain whiney, saying something like, "that's all I ever wanted.". 

There's something quite strange about Rob and Khloe's relationship. And throw Lamar in with the two of them and it just gets worse. Rob comes to supposedly see Khloe and he sits next to Lamar, as if he needs protection from Khloe. Why do they need Lamar there? My guess would be that's how he gets a a check. Otherwise what would they show Rob or Lamar doing? 

"all he ever wanted" WTF when did he ever say he wanted a family? He wanted a TV show and now he has one. He just looks out of it or medicated. He can't look anyone on the eye and just gives that goofy giggle when asked about anything. 

I suspect Kim is anxious to keep everyone in the family calm cool and collected, avoid any confrontation with him and hope he never makes good on his threats to go on the red carpet and put them on blast.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, iwasish said:

"all he ever wanted" WTF when did he ever say he wanted a family? He wanted a TV show and now he has one. He just looks out of it or medicated. He can't look anyone on the eye and just gives that goofy giggle when asked about anything. 

I suspect Kim is anxious to keep everyone in the family calm cool and collected, avoid any confrontation with him and hope he never makes good on his threats to go on the red carpet and put them on blast.

The appearance of a family, is what he wanted.  Just like the rest of these dolts want the appearance of wealth, class, love, healthy relationships, body parts that defy biology and physics...  I don't think he really wanted to be back on TV but likely realized that the family would use his life as plot points on their show anyway (as well as give BC a recurring role) and he needs some $$ to support his kid.

• Love 2
On 8/23/2016 at 2:08 PM, teapot said:

food allergies and Lamar and Malika and...

omfg Khloe's Kloset which is like bigger than my entire first floor and rows and rows of clothes and piles and piles of handbags and a fuzzy chaise lounge and a little table for your drink and a wide-screen TV on the wall...

best episode ever!!!

Just want to say that I hate Malika.  HATE.

Scott says, "look at this closet!  Wow you made it!"  And Khloe smirks, like she actually made it.  How did these assholes get all of this stuff??  They deserve to lose it all, I actually wish that would happen.  She didn't "make it," she did nothing to get all of this!

Maybe he was saying it tongue-in-cheek, but she took it literally. 

On 8/23/2016 at 2:39 PM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Kris likely pressured Khloe into marrying Lamar after barely knowing him a month, just to get a TV wedding. If she'd left them alone to get to know each other Khloe would have probably realized in short time that he was a cheating addict and dumped him, but by then they were husband and wife and had signed contracts for their own spin off (in addition to probably feeling they had to keep up appearances to everyone who showed up to the nuptuals and their fans). So now instead of admitting she done F*ed up, Kris is doubling down, and trying to keep these two together in whatever capacity for even more press and an ongoing gripping dramatic storyline for the show. Without Lamar & Khloe's ongoing issues, this show would be way too silly for anyone to stomach.

I actually think that Khloe would have married him in a courthouse somewhere, she was really in love with him.  She still is.  Even if she found out he was a lying, cheating scumbag, she would have still married him.  She knew he was a cheater after a short time - she caught him shortly after they were married, if I remember that tabloid story correctly.  The woman who he was cheating with said that she and Kris showed up at her house and confronted them!  There was yelling and pushing, I think.  I wish I had the energy to find the story...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Scott says, "look at this closet!  Wow you made it!"  And Khloe smirks, like she actually made it.  How did these assholes get all of this stuff??  They deserve to lose it all, I actually wish that would happen.  She didn't "make it," she did nothing to get all of this!

I actually think that Khloe would have married him in a courthouse somewhere, she was really in love with him.  She still is.  Even if she found out he was a lying, cheating scumbag, she would have still married him.  She knew he was a cheater after a short time - she caught him shortly after they were married, if I remember that tabloid story correctly.  The woman who he was cheating with said that she and Kris showed up at her house and confronted them!  There was yelling and pushing, I thinIk.   wish I had the energy to find the story...

Probably from Kris, demanding to know "what she was doing with her man".." I  mean my daughter's man.."

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There's something quite strange about Rob and Khloe's relationship. And throw Lamar in with the two of them and it just gets worse.

It's downright creepy, and while I'd like to know what went down in that house between the three of them, at the same time, I don't want to know.  But when Rob writes his tell-all in a few years, I'll totally read it.

21 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

The way she enables Khloe with her baby talk and leading questions ("so............what did Lamar eat for lunch on Tuesday, Khlo?  Oh my God, you mean, you don't know?!?!") is so embarrassing.  Nice claim to fame...assistant to the least of all the Kardashians.  All that salad-fetching must be exhausting.

14 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Probably from Kris, demanding to know "what she was doing with her man".." I  mean my daughter's man.."

LOLZ, so very true.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

The woman who he was cheating with said that she and Kris showed up at her house and confronted them!  There was yelling and pushing, I think.  I wish I had the energy to find the story...

Where were the cameras when THAT was happening?? Now that's some good TV!! They could have replaced one of the salad eating scenes with this. 

• Love 8
On August 22, 2016 at 8:11 AM, Veronique Bette said:

Lamar does not live in that house anymore and since their divorce is finally in progress, Khloe can now devote full time to scrounging around for a new man to “use” her so that she can act out another heartbreaking storyline on the show. After all, there’s just so much drama she can wring out of her gym visits and boxing regimen.

Also, let’s face it, without the Lamar and Chyna/Rob dramas, what would this episode have been about? All of those overly made-up women plus Jonathan and Scott droning on about what? Salads? Gluten? That would have been some riveting television. And whatever Lamar’s fate, I just hope that I never hear his name come out of Khloe’s over-inflated lips ever again.

What Lamar did was to provide a convenient way for Kim to throw in Kanye's name and Kourtney to reference Scott's issues, i.e., storyline dialogue for those two sisters. Khloe was "shook up?" No more so than usual when the cameras are rolling and she's working her one and only storyline.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lamar is an ass, but I also think he's not completely mentally competent after his little Vegas incident, so it's gross to see him used as a storyline.   maybe he needs the money.  In any event it's hard to watch.   Fucking succubesses.  

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Maya said:

Where were the cameras when THAT was happening?? Now that's some good TV!! They could have replaced one of the salad eating scenes with this. 

Oh no, they wouldn't dare film that.  Nobody cheats on a Kardashian!  They are not going to film a scene they don't have complete control over the outcome of, and confronting the mistress never goes well.

• Love 3
On 25/08/2016 at 11:13 AM, heatherchandler said:

I actually think that Khloe would have married him in a courthouse somewhere, she was really in love with him.  She still is.  Even if she found out he was a lying, cheating scumbag, she would have still married him.  She knew he was a cheater after a short time - she caught him shortly after they were married, if I remember that tabloid story correctly.  The woman who he was cheating with said that she and Kris showed up at her house and confronted them!  There was yelling and pushing, I think.  I wish I had the energy to find the story...

Grab me a ticket on the Hate Malika train.

Throw in another for Jonathon.

The two biggest wastes of air in the universe but winning the asskissing/gopher award. 

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

Grab me a ticket on the Hate Malika train.

Throw in another for Jonathon.

The two biggest wastes of air in the universe but winning the asskissing/gopher award. 

Just wondering why people hate Malika.  I find her oddly prissy and obviously from a higher social class than the Kardashians, so she's slumming and famewhoring, but what else is so bad about her? 

8 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Just wondering why people hate Malika.  I find her oddly prissy and obviously from a higher social class than the Kardashians, so she's slumming and famewhoring, but what else is so bad about her? 

She's far from prissy. I think she's in love with Khloe, but slept with Rob. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Her level of asskissery rubs me the wrong way. She just agrees with everything Khloe says and seems to have zero individuality and therefore seems like an extension of Khloe rather than her own person. Like part of Khloe's ass..or a mole on her ass..or a skin tag, maybe even. 

Benign..but aggravating and with no real purpose.

• Love 3