Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Here Comes Tummy Boo Hoo

In the Season 3 finale, Dr. Nassif helps a fellow Lebanese patient get the nose she wants in time for her wedding, while Dr. Dubrow attempts to fix a woman's strip-mall boob job.  Also: Mama June from "Honey Boo Boo" fame wants a fupa lift.

Did Terry just confuse BMI and BMR? He said June's BMI was too high, and said it stood for Basal Metabolic Index, but it is your Body Mass Index. BMR is Basal Metabolic Rate, but that's your base calories you burn just to stay alive. 

• Love 1

Yes, he used the wrong terms to descrie BMI. It seems like he really was talking about her weight to height ratio, but maybe he was nervous? Or doesn't explain BMI to patients that often? 

BTW, why was Honey Boo Boo (Alana) wearing false eyelashes and a ton of makeup? She's still a cute little girl, but that was way too much makeup. Then again, I wouldn't give Mama June the "Mother of the Year" award anyway. And Alana hasn't changed, I see. Spitting out a mouth full of food on-camera. Classy. 

The woman with the bad boob job was smart to get rid of the husband who used to tease her about her lopsided breasts. Her new husband gave the perfect answer: 'I think she looks great.' I liked the scene of them rock climbing together after her recovery.

Plastic surgery shouldn't be taken lightly, especially when the surgeon wants to perform it in his or her strip mall office. Don't people remember that this is how Kanye's mom died? 

Wow. the nose job looked great. Very natural-looking. 

• Love 3

Did I hear Mama June right that she's a size 16 now?  At 250 pounds and 5 foot 6, I don't see how that's possible.  It is a bummer that after all that weight loss, she has the excess skin and that it's causing her such problems.  I know they're worried about her having surgery at her weight, but dang, that skin condition looked awful.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

Did I hear Mama June right that she's a size 16 now?  At 250 pounds and 5 foot 6, I don't see how that's possible.  It is a bummer that after all that weight loss, she has the excess skin and that it's causing her such problems.  I know they're worried about her having surgery at her weight, but dang, that skin condition looked awful.

IKR? Yes, TV does make people look heavier than they actually are, but she looked bigger than a size 16 to me. And yeah, I wish the doctors could have done something for her. I hope they at least gave her a prescription for an anti-fungal cream.  

• Love 3

What a crock! Teasing the mama June episode all season, only to tell her to come back later. I've been researching the same procedure and obsessing over before and after pics. That surgery is often done on people who are still overweight because they're unable to exercise the way they need to in order to continue losing.

• Love 4

I am Middle Eastern and have a Middle Eastern nose. I used to hate it so much and was very self-conscious of it. 

I totally know what Paul was talking about when he said that in Lebanon, a lot of women have over- done noses. I think throughout the Middle- east, over- done noses are all too common. 

• Love 3

Am I wrong to think maybe it's best to keep your feet on the ground right after you've had reconstructive breast surgery? And again with the doofy "reveal"! I guess she'd been hiding out from her husband and their five kids until she and he went fake rock climbing together. Good grief.

The Middle Eastern chick reminded me so much of Nick Kroll's Liz on "PubLizity" on Kroll Show.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 2

There is no way on God's green earth Mama June was wearing a size 16.  Unless she had a personal tailor size her clothes creatively.  She was still fat.  It isn't extra size; it's fifty pounds of fat that can't be removed safely other than by exercise and calorie reduction.  Keep at it, Mama June, you reality show nightmare.  Keep working at it!

• Love 6

So that was Honey Boo-Boo and Mama June? Whiskey Tango all the way.  I thought I was going to have to close-caption them because I couldn't understand a word they said, then realized that I didn't GAF.

I thought the nose job had a good outcome and I was pleased that the woman wanted a realistic result. However, I thought she stuck out like a sore thumb among her friends and family members. That over processed hair was a hot mess.

I thought the "after" photo of the boob job looked horrible. They still looked too low and saggy to me.  Since she was wearing a sports bra for rock climbing it wasn't so noticeable.  Kudos to her for ditching the jerk-husband. The guy she's married to now seems like a real sweetheart and I'm glad she found him.

• Love 3

I think it's great that June has lost the weight she has, and I hope she keeps going. There's no way she's at a 16, though, unless that's one hell of a vanity sizing.  I am a little surprised that they didn't take some of the excess skin off now, and then plan to do another, final procedure later, with muscle tightening.  Back in the day on Dr 90210, they would often do a "skin tuck" on a person who had been really big and was in the process of losing, just to get the skin out of the way and so it wouldn't keep causing problems for them, while they kept working towards their goal.  Then after they'd maintained at a goal for a while, they'd do an actual tummy tuck. 

I also am not sure I really believe the whole story about Honey BooBoo getting gashed in the head during the c section, it seemed like June thought if she had this big amazing story she'd be more likely to get surgery.

• Love 3
On 8/3/2016 at 0:54 PM, tobeannounced said:

I'm 247, 5'2, and depending on where I buy clothes  and what they are I can fit anything from a size Large to XXL and a 16 or 18.  Just depends what the fabric is.

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

There is no way on God's green earth Mama June was wearing a size 16.  Unless she had a personal tailor size her clothes creatively.  She was still fat. 

This made me think of Oprah during one of her many weight-loss phases when she announced she was a size 8 and there was NO WAY she was close to that. Public comments at that time were that she had "her people" to sew whatever size she wanted onto her clothes to appease her. Sounds about right since Oprah has always tried to come across as a weight-loss expert, when she's no better, nor knows anymore, than the rest of us mere humans.

Edited by Katmai
clarity
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, grisgris said:

So that was Honey Boo-Boo and Mama June? Whiskey Tango all the way.  I thought I was going to have to close-caption them because I couldn't understand a word they said, then realized that I didn't GAF.

I thought the nose job had a good outcome and I was pleased that the woman wanted a realistic result. However, I thought she stuck out like a sore thumb among her friends and family members. That over processed hair was a hot mess.

I thought the "after" photo of the boob job looked horrible. They still looked too low and saggy to me.  Since she was wearing a sports bra for rock climbing it wasn't so noticeable.  Kudos to her for ditching the jerk-husband. The guy she's married to now seems like a real sweetheart and I'm glad she found him.

I agree about the after boobs. Way too low and bulbous. This is the second week in a row that I haven't been impressed with the boob results. Maybe that's just as good as it gets when correcting a "botched" procedure.

I didn't like the new nose. It changed the shape of her upper lip for some reason, and not in a good way. 

• Love 2

E! recap w/ photos + clips: http://m.eonline.com/shows/botched/news/783897/mama-june-reveals-150-pound-weight-loss-seeks-botched-doctors-help-to-remove-loose-skin-on-season-3-finale

When Dr. Dubrow asked Mama June "you know what we call this?" I was not expecting "abdominal pannus, which basically means a drape." From the episode description, I thought he'd say "fupa" (fat upper pubic area).

I don't know when this episode was filmed, but June had gastric sleeve surgery in March: http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/mama-june-shannon-gastric-sleeve-surgery-article-1.2563987

Did I hear Mama June right that she's a size 16 now?  At 250 pounds and 5 foot 6, I don't see how that's possible.

If June's lips are moving, a lie is coming out of her mouth. Because that story about Alana's head being "sliced open" during the C-section? Totally never happened either. She's a grifter who will say or do anything to continue appearing on any marginal television show that will have her.

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 9:54 AM, tobeannounced said:

If 250# and 5'6"makes you a size 16 then I must go to this part of the country where Large Mama June lives. I would be a size 4 in her neck of the woods. All kidding aside, please tell me this fame whore didn't get accepted by these doctors for ANY help.

Edited by chenoa333
x

Apparently she is now a size 4 and has a new  reality show where she's hot.  I'm sorry, but had June never weighed more than 140 she would not be considered hot.   She's just gross inside and out.

• Love 3