Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: Live Results 1

• Start Topic

Well, that happened. I managed to get 6 out of 7 of my predictions right only messing up with Musicality (I had Hara going through instead of them). With both Hara and Sila Sveta out, I think we can officially say this is the end for multimedia/projection acts, EVERYBODY has gotten bored of them.

• Love 5
(edited)

I have to say i am very disappointed with the results, honestly the multimedia/projection acts were better then that Teen Comedian whose clearer had being coached.

"EVERYBODY has gotten bored of them"

Well i am honestly bored of Comedians.

I wont be watching America's Got Sobbing Stories Show, again.

Edited by BrunoB

Musicality simply had no business being voted in the top five. But I can't really argue with the eliminations of Sila Sveta, the old lady "stripper", Daniel Joyner, Hara, and Outlawz.........so I guess they can move on and keep their school field trip going a little longer. It would've better if they had got the Twitter pity save. I suppose Hara might have build up some good will from his initial audition....but his judge cuts performance was a step back, and last night he did more walking than anything.

I almost called the judges needing to put Deadly Games through. I don't know what Mel B and Howie were doing voting Hara. If he had ended up with more audience votes, that would've been a disaster.

Still not sure what this means for the semifinals. We are going to end up with 21. Do they add one wildcard and do semifinals of eleven? Or do they add three and get to twelve each? Next week looks pretty stacked. Only one or two fodder acts in the whole bunch.

• Love 1
(edited)

I kinda hate how they are manipulating Sam Wills. The producers renamed him tapeface, his original name for his performance is "the boy with tape on his face." Also, he never wore eye shadow before, and now they even have him putting white makeup on his face. They've made him creepy, and in his past he was never really trying to be creepy. He is also a pretty well known comedian/performer from New Zealand. So for everyone to be like "we don't know you or anything about you" just shows that AGT and their producers are seriously at play and I question if any of the acts get to remain true to themselves throughout their time on the show.

Edited by BeeDeez
  • Love 4

Being in the West it stinks not having a chance to vote even though I'm not on Twitter.  It was obvious that all the Tweens in the audience at the Dolby Theatre got their Twitter votes in to send Lori into the semi finals. Just my opinion but Deadly Games and Hara were so much better than her.

Of the 5 chosen by the audience only Musicality was not one I would have chosen.  Again I would have preferred Deadly Games or Hara to take their spot.

Since I just returned to watching AGT this year only because they added Simon as a judge the two past champions that were shown I did not know and I was unimpressed especially the magician who used the same visual style as Hara.  That puppeteer who I presume was from Australia for me was a bore and not in a league with Terry Fator, the first AGT champion.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, dbklmt said:

Since I just returned to watching AGT this year only because they added Simon as a judge the two past champions that were shown I did not know and I was unimpressed especially the magician who used the same visual style as Hara. 

Paul Zerdin just repeated some bits that he did on AGT last year, and without much enthusiasm. During his season Mat Franco didn't use the visual effects. I guess that's what Vegas does to you. It was funny that he said he was going to do good old fashioned sleight of hand, and then right away we got a light show.

My guess is that Lori Mae Hernandez got the lowest vote count of the three Dunkin Save acts. But those teen girls sure can text. I have no desire to ever hear her lame jokes or "ain't I hilarious" delivery again. She and Musicality (a snooze) go on my lists of acts I will be fast forwarding through until they're gone.

But who knows when that will be. That clip of Paul Zerdin winning was a horrible reminder that the stuttering comic, who I never found funny, made it all the way to the final two. The Hernandez girl could be this year's cockroach you can't kill.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 5

I appear to be in the minority (at least so far) in being thrilled that Musicality went through.  I am so happy for them!  I thought their song was great during the performance show.  They have beautiful voices and beautiful harmonies, and unlike Mel or Heidi (don't remember which one said it), I don't need to have "big" moments in a song.  I honestly don't watch many (any) of the singing shows because I am way beyond over the "vocal stylings" of singers.  I generally despise it when they take a syllable and do vocal gymnastics with it to show off their voices.  Just sing the damn song already.  Emphasize the music where it's needed - I don't care if you take Happy Birthday and drag the first chorus out for 3 minutes adding 7,326 extra notes.  Just me, I know, but there you have it.  < lol >  So I appreciated that Musicality let the song be the focus.  I know they'll have to change for the next round to have any hope of staying in the competition, but I loved their performance.  Well done, kids! 

And, of course, TapeFace!!!  :)  I don't mind Lori making it through.  Hara, for me anyway, has been up and down, and I thought his performance was kind of boring on Tuesday night.  Of course, I loved the stuttering comic as well.  Found him to be absolutely hilarious.  So yes, I'm a bit "off."  ;0 

I was a bit disappointed, although not at all surprised, that Laura made it through.  But I have to admit that I have been completely turned off of her since I found out yesterday that she is the current winner of Romania's Got Talent.  She had to have gone straight from that competition to this one.  That is a huge pet peeve of mine - I really hate contestants who go from show to show to show . . . at least when they've won already.  Strikes me as being a bit "greedy" or a bit of a "fame whore" or something.  If winning RGT wasn't going to be good enough for her, she shouldn't have auditioned in the first place.  And I hate that the show is completely hiding that fact. 

• Love 8

I wasn't invested in any of these acts so didn't care who made it through. I just watch to be entertained, and TapeFace has made me LOL, surprisingly, every time, so I was glad I get to see him again. My biggest disappointment in the results show was Nick wearing a hat, and this after someone spent DAYS doing his cornrows and man bun. Then he covers it up with a fedora? Come on Nick. Didn't your momma tell you men ALWAYS take off their hats when indoors? It's just basic good manners. I was wondering if he caught some heat for it. The hair, not the hat.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm still a bit of an idiot regarding this show. How exactly does that "Dunkin Save" work? Do you vote the same way as you do during the performance show, or do you have to use Twitter? I was watching Master Chef and then some Convention stuff last night and I had DVR'd AGT and watched it later, so I was too late to vote for the three acts that were "on the bubble." I was holding my breath when it came down to Deadly Games and Hara and the judges were split two and two. I had given some votes to Deadly Games on Tuesday and I really wanted them to go through, and I had this crazy idea that if I had known about the last minute save and had voted for them last night, my one vote might have made the difference! Lol. Anyway I will be sure to watch in real time next week, but I did want to know how that last minute save works, because I'm not on Twitter and won't be able to vote anyway if that's how they do it. 

Edited by JMarie99
Corrected name of act
  • Love 1

You can vote just by going to google and googling Dunkin Save.  It brings up the voting ballot, and you just click on the one you want to vote for.  Easy peasy.  I wish DWTS would do that instead of the stupid twitter thing because I'm not on twitter either, so I can never take part in any of those things.  But I can google with the best of them!  < lol >

• Love 2

Thanks, LadyMustang! I'm glad to hear this. I'm sure Nick explained it at some point, but American Idol had the Twitter save too, and I was as frustrated by that as you are with DWTS, so I was afraid AGT did the Twitter save as well. I'm glad at least this show is keeping it simple for us "googlers"! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh yeah, the shoes and the too-short, tight pants.  I wonder if he's intentionally dressing like a clown? I like him but I wouldn't want to be seen with him.

Edited by Ohwell

First of all I'd like to applaud all the contestants from yesterday and future shows because performing in front of huge crowds and millions of viewers is a big accomplishment in itself. I know I couldn't do it. However I'm a fan of AGT. As a fan, I do what fans do....critique.

So let me start this off by saying that I was disappointed by some of the acts that made it through the next round.

Musicality - It's great that a group from Chicago and rough neighborhoods, gets to show the country their dedication and what it can bring. This is all great but this show isn't about that. It's about finding a million dollar act and a stand alone show in Las Vegas. This group is not that act.

Lori Mae - I know people find her funny even if I don't, but I think her going through the semis is a case of "let's throw the wrench in the machine and see what happens" type of thing. The more people complain about her the more people will vote her through.

Laura Bretan - Even though I picked her to go through (I don't like her but America does), I was hoping she wouldn't. Not because she has won another GT show, but she isn't that polished as a singer. She started off out of tune Tuesday night and had some rough moments.

Someone posted why all the negative talk about the teen female contestants? Too me it's seems the judges put them through because of their age. They don't want to tell them no?

Is it me o does the stage and overall production starting to look like America Idol more each week? For a second there, I thought I was looking at the result show for AI. There used to be more red, white, and blue colors on the set. Now lots of neon blue.

Until next time....

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't care for Laura Bretan at ALL. I'm sure she's a perfectly lovely person, but DO NOT like that she just won Romania's Got Talent and here she is on AGT and I just don't think she's that solid. Also, the pre-teen or teen opera singer is nothing new. We've seen it before and seen it done better with Jackie. Yes, yes, I know some don't care for her, but I thought she was way more "on key" on most notes than Laura.

I'm going to be called a child hater, I'm sure, but I don't find Lori Mae funny either. There are some funny bits here and there, but just not enough. Also, I can't see any of these teenagers so far doing a show in Vegas. NONE of them. Except maybe the Dossi girl, who I adore. I could see her and Viktor in some kind of revue together. One thing really bugs me about Lori Mae, though: why does it always sound like she's stopped up or talking without any resonance through her nose? Is that a new "tween" (since she loves that so much) thing???

I was at least glad Daniel Joyner and Nick's golden buzzer lady were done for the season.

Finally, I don't mind Nick's corn rows at all, but I hate a man bun. HATE. Glad the fedora made a return performance.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 5

The problem is that I don't think the judges put them through because of their age.  One could make a case that the audience put Lori Mae through because of her age.  Laura seems like an incredible singer to me, but it does seem a little disconcerting that she is a winner in another venue.  But, I've noticed that some of the other performers are working professionally too.  I would like to know what are the requirements to audition.  AI had requirements.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Babalooie said:

It sounds like Lori Mae has adenoid problems.  I had students with the same problem.

Yeah- I don't think that's an affect she is purposely doing. 

I am a bit behind in watching these show now as my daughter has decided to watch with me and I have to wait until she's around. 

I was SHOCKED that both Hara and Deadly Games were on the bottom.  I agree with all the critiques above about Hara, but I thought he looked more like a polished "show" and some of the other acts are just so amateur in comparison.

I don't love Musicality.  Yes, I am happy to see this group of kids from a rough neighborhood working towards something positive- but for me I am always looking at the stated intention of these acts, which is a Las Vegas show.  So, the entire season I always think as I watch these acts if they could sustain an entire show with their act and would I enjoy it.  So, for Musicality, that answer is no.  I just think it's time to cut all the chaff.  So, that would be Musicality and Lori Mae.

Still bitter about Laura winning another GT and coming on and acting all shell-shocked that she's doing so well.  I was watching her interact with Jayna.  Jayna was all bubbly and sweet and ran right over to Laura to hug her when it was announced they were both through and Laura didn't hug her back and kind of had an annoyed look on her face.  Obviously, I don't know her at all, but I wonder if she has a bit of an attitude for winning another country's version of this show.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GenL said:

Still bitter about Laura winning another GT and coming on and acting all shell-shocked that she's doing so well.  I was watching her interact with Jayna.  Jayna was all bubbly and sweet and ran right over to Laura to hug her when it was announced they were both through and Laura didn't hug her back and kind of had an annoyed look on her face.  Obviously, I don't know her at all, but I wonder if she has a bit of an attitude for winning another country's version of this show.

Noticed that too. Jayna was absolutely over the moon and Laura was all been there done that .

I also noticed that when the old lady was doing here act they cut to a shot of Nick backstage and the look on his face was to me undeniably "WTF, What was I thinking, Holy crap this is bizarre"

But then he came out and gave his Nick charm and love to the lady. Not saying he wasn't genuine with that, but that look backstage was hilarious.

• Love 2

Okay, everyone who watched Romania's Got Talent, raise your hand ... yeah, that's what I thought. I'd rather see professionals from around the world on this show than, as I've posted before, the redneck guy from down the road break watermelons with his head. Yeah, remember THAT guy? He made it through, too. As for Nick's tight capri pants, that's all the style now with the younger set. Check out the pants on the final two guys up for winning The Bachelorette. They're wearing women's stretch yoga/capri pants and flats. Nick's just trying to stay young.

A guy who broke watermelons with his head once made it through??  See, that's why I never tried to watch this show before. I turned it on once a few years ago and saw a woman with several birds fluttering around her head and shoulders. I turned it right off so I don't know if she made it through or not. I'll bet she did. I would put the tassel-twirling elderly stripper in the same category. My point is, this show features a lot of different types of talent and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, but when stuff like this gets put through, or even gets a golden buzzer, it can make it hard to take the show seriously. 

7 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Okay, everyone who watched Romania's Got Talent, raise your hand ... yeah, that's what I thought.

I agree. Winning Romania's Got Talent is hardly a springboard to international stardom, so it makes total sense to me that she would want to move up to "the major leagues" so to speak, and compete on a much bigger version of the show in order to advance her career.

There have actually been many AGT contestants who have competed on TV talent shows in other countries. Paul Zerdan, last year's winner, had been on the UK version of AGT, or at least some other high profile TV competition. It was established that The Professional Regurgitater had practically made a career on going on various TV talent shows around the world. Kenichi Ebina, who wont AGT a few years back, also had a lot of TV experience.

So I don't think that Laura (whatever you think of her singing) should be singled out for criticism for what is a common practice.

A couple of years back there was a contestant on The Voice who had won (or been a finalist) on the Hungarian version. They announced that right up front. I think AGT is the only show that always tries to hide the background of their more experienced contestants, trying to make us think that everyone's an unknown amateur. The lying is really annoying.

• Love 3

Piff!  Easily my favorite moment of this ep.  I did enjoy seeing the polish of Zerdin and Franco.

Chorus and 12 year old comedienne got through?  Meh.

Deadly Games is aptly named - she is drop-dead gorgeous.

Ameriker got a lot wrong this week, in my opinion.

• Love 1

Oh, and don't forget the guy whose talent was getting shirtless and throwing himself on top of a floor full of broken glass. I find it interesting that Simon seems to like the gross acts, like the guy pulling stuff with his nips. I can't even watch that. I did see the Hungarian guy on The Voice, and liked him. But I can see where on this show they are trying to keep acts equal, like they are all neighborhood people who live in your town, although the backstories sure vary. All the foreign names and accents should be a tell. But then again, the USA is home of the American Dream, so I say, let 'em all have a dream for a few weeks on reality tv.

• Love 1

I was struck by how in the taped intro to their last performance, with a simple hair cut, very minimal make-up, and in jeans, she looked like every other pretty young suburban mom. Nothing particularly exciting or exotic. Well, that's why we love show business. It presents us a with a world very different from every day reality.

Edited by bluepiano

I'm not sure, but I think the act that saber5055 is referring to is a country singer who plucked chickens in real life. I don't remember anyone breaking watermelons on their heads, but then I tune out the stupid acts. I think Lori Mae is kind of cute, she's not great, she isn't ready for prime time or Vegas, she needs to spend a lot of time doing local talent shows, local fairs and any where she can perform to earn her dues. By the time she's an adult, maybe she'll be ready with a polished act and can earn more dues doing comedy clubs, if that's her choice. 

I didn't care for Laura, as with many of the young performers, I think she needs to work on her craft with professional trainers. 

I'm not crazy about danger acts, but I do rather like the knife throwers.