Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Cruisegirl said:

Has anyone had any luck getting a squad photo? I’m trying to get one for my granddaughter and I mailed it to the address that @ShellyB gave someone else and I’ve had no luck getting one. 😢 

Maybe they have to wait until MTT airs the team announcement to send out photos? (Just a guess)

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Are DCC Barbie Dolls custom made or are they available for sale? I was just looking @ Barbie's Official Website and don't see any mention of a DCC Barbie.  Don't see them in official Cowboys merchandise either

They were shown during season 2, so they came out in 2007.  You would have to search eBay or Amazon.  I was lucky enough to find one at a HomeGoods, but that was several years ago.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok.  I want to see a solo like this.  

I hate it when people say they hate tap dance because it's so old-fashioned. I love old-school Gene Kelly style tap but equally I love the updated styles too. Tap is one of the hardest styles to do well too. It was always my best and favourite style growing up. There's just something so cool about making lovely noises with your feet!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I hate it when people say they hate tap dance because it's so old-fashioned. I love old-school Gene Kelly style tap but equally I love the updated styles too. Tap is one of the hardest styles to do well too. It was always my best and favourite style growing up. There's just something so cool about making lovely noises with your feet!

Can any other dancers tap dance and then do jump splits over each other down a flight of stairs like the Nicholas Brothers??  I love old school and modern when done right.

• Love 5

When they did the profile of Madeline Salter, I really hoped she’d do a Fosse-inspired number at finals.  I get so tired of the angsty lyrical pieces and the pom dances that look like random bits of DCC choreography strung together in a different order.  I don’t think Amy is great at tap, nor do I think Maddie’s hip hop is great, but at least they’re doing something different and it’s fun to watch. 

Kat’s “routine,” bless her heart, had me somewhere between cringe-watching through my fingers and falling off the couch laughing.  I can’t help but root for her because she’s just not good at this, but by God, she’s giving it her all!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

When they did the profile of Madeline Salter, I really hoped she’d do a Fosse-inspired number at finals.  I get so tired of the angsty lyrical pieces and the pom dances that look like random bits of DCC choreography strung together in a different order.  I don’t think Amy is great at tap, nor do I think Maddie’s hip hop is great, but at least they’re doing something different and it’s fun to watch. 

Kat’s “routine,” bless her heart, had me somewhere between cringe-watching through my fingers and falling off the couch laughing.  I can’t help but root for her because she’s just not good at this, but by God, she’s giving it her all!

Didn't Kelli say one year at finals that she hates musical theatre routines? Madeline looks great in the Fosse style from what I've seen so she should definitely stick to it! As much as I like her and would love her to try out again, she should stick with college and try New York. Broadway is her calling!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Didn't Kelli say one year at finals that she hates musical theatre routines? Madeline looks great in the Fosse style from what I've seen so she should definitely stick to it! As much as I like her and would love her to try out again, she should stick with college and try New York. Broadway is her calling!

If they make Bohemian Rhapsody a Broadway musical, Kelli will love it🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If they make Bohemian Rhapsody a Broadway musical, Kelli will love it🙄

Do you not have We Will Rock You the musical in the US? I'm surprised she doesn't have them dance to just Queen songs solely.

2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Do you not have We Will Rock You the musical in the US? I'm surprised she doesn't have them dance to just Queen songs solely.

Oh I forgot about that.  Kelli will probably go.  The stadium DJ picks the songs, but I think Judy also approves them.  I can't remember what was said about that.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Damn. What the heck happened on the boards today?! I wasn’t able to follow real-time due to work (booooo!), and I see we’ve been banished to the Bad Place. 

Granted, the topic being discussed to death was boring me to tears, but I find it odd to lock a whole thread, because clearly other people were enthusiastically enjoying the discussion 🤷‍♀️

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Granted, the topic being discussed to death was boring me to tears, but I find it odd to lock a whole thread, because clearly other people were enthusiastically enjoying the discussion 🤷‍♀️

There were a few posters that were asking people to stop talking about it. But the discussion continued in what I think was a pretty civil manner no matter how much rehashing was going on.

The first moderator warning said "stop telling others what they can post and be civil (or something like that) --  so I thought they locked  it was because people were telling us not to talk about it anymore.

But then the second moderator warning said we need to stop beating the dead horse (which was a comment made by another poster). So I don't actually know either.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Guys, I think we've grown as a board. Around this time last year we had been locked at least 4 times by now. So actually, when you think about it, we've been on pretty good behavior this year. 😂😂😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I think the first warning might have been about the Aaron Rodgers stuff too and judging him/his family ya know. 

And I agree about beating a dead horse. It gets tiring ya know. And at some point it should be stopped but at the end of the day it's just a message board about a show. It's not that serious. Lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/7/2019 at 2:32 AM, scorpio1031 said:

Ok.  I want to see a solo like this.  

I love Chloe Arnold!!! ( and her sister and all of the others that dance in that group)!  

On 10/7/2019 at 5:28 AM, ByTor said:

Certainly better than those tap solos Amy did!

Agreed 🙂

• Love 1

Could it be with tap routines, Kelli can’t see their feet as in the other solos?   Cause we know she mentions feet a lot more now.  Which I like.   It’s a concrete this is what is wrong   ( as a person who quit dance cause I was too y’all and parents who wouldn’t buy decent tap shoes )

There aren't that many products that need a can opener, either manual or electric.     I've had to teach several people how to use one (in tornado or hurricane country, you need to have one and know how to use it).      

The one I think is funny is a certain in-law of mine who didn't know why pre-heat is needed for successful cooking of frozen foods.     Her whole family only picks up fast food, or gets things you nuke or are prepared at the grocery store.    So she actually asked me for my recipe for frozen french fries.   When I said preheat, and she asked me what that meant, I was shocked.    She was putting frozen food right in the oven, turning the temperature, and timer on, and then things were barely defrosted by the time the timer went off.    

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There aren't that many products that need a can opener, either manual or electric.     I've had to teach several people how to use one (in tornado or hurricane country, you need to have one and know how to use it).      

The one I think is funny is a certain in-law of mine who didn't know why pre-heat is needed for successful cooking of frozen foods.     Her whole family only picks up fast food, or gets things you nuke or are prepared at the grocery store.    So she actually asked me for my recipe for frozen french fries.   When I said preheat, and she asked me what that meant, I was shocked.    She was putting frozen food right in the oven, turning the temperature, and timer on, and then things were barely defrosted by the time the timer went off.    

I read this one in Rachael Ray's magazine years ago - gal wanted to make a carrot cake for her husband.  All she had were baby carrots, so she threw those in the batter thinking they would melt while baking🤣🥕

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She was putting frozen food right in the oven, turning the temperature, and timer on, and then things were barely defrosted by the time the timer went off.    

my grandmother did this one year with a Thanksgiving turkey.  With all the giblets still inside 😷

• LOL 1
On 10/10/2019 at 10:33 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I was just looking at the DCC Barbie doll and wondering...don't the girls actual official boots have at least one blue star on them?  Barbie's don't. And is it me or is the doll's uniform rather unflattering to her midsection?

Can anyone help me out with the above post? Also, does anyone have a good "header sized" CMT: DCC photo? I can't get the header in my profile to look right...the photo's too blurry.  TIA 🙂

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Horrible grammar
3 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Just saw this shared by Amy:

This guy's not bad!

1 hour ago, Jazzhands said:

That’s the best thing I’ve seen all day.  You go, Jake!

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Isn’t it he did so good put him on the field 

If anyone finds the FULL video of that PLEASE post it!!! I wanna learn the routine.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

If anyone finds the FULL video of that PLEASE post it!!! I wanna learn the routine.

Seriously, all future hopeful TCC should watch and practice PRIOR to auditions! The fact that they come in unprepared with kick line or field entrance knowledge is beyond me. I mean look at Jake!

• Love 4

Random question but does anyone know why or find it odd that there aren't any UK cheerleaders on the team. From what I gather they are amazing and multi-year champs. For world class it seems interesting that the best cheerleaders in the country dont seem to try out.

And yes I know Lily is from UK but she was dance team

16 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Random question but does anyone know why or find it odd that there aren't any UK cheerleaders on the team. From what I gather they are amazing and multi-year champs. For world class it seems interesting that the best cheerleaders in the country dont seem to try out.

Being from KY that surprises me too.

38 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

UK cheer is comp cheer/tumbling/stunts, not a dance oriented team.  If you have Amazon Prime, you should watch Cheerleader U - the first season was about UK.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

UK cheer is comp cheer/tumbling/stunts, not a dance oriented team.  If you have Amazon Prime, you should watch Cheerleader U - the first season was about UK.

Wasn't comp cheer/tumbling/stunts Cassie Trammell's primary experience before DCC?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I thought you meant the country i.e. United Kingdom haha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought you meant the country i.e. United Kingdom haha!

LOL I did too!!  And honestly I'm surprised there aren't more UK girls who head over - I don't think I've ever seen any who do, although it seems like there are a lot of international fans from that region.  I always love cheering on the girls from other places (Yoshiko, Angela, Jinelle, Yuko), and hope there are some who show up for tryouts this year.

• Love 2
On 11/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, raindancer said:

LOL I did too!!  And honestly I'm surprised there aren't more UK girls who head over - I don't think I've ever seen any who do, although it seems like there are a lot of international fans from that region.  I always love cheering on the girls from other places (Yoshiko, Angela, Jinelle, Yuko), and hope there are some who show up for tryouts this year.

I think it's because of visas. I looked into it when I thought about auditioning myself and it's a minefield! 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think it's because of visas. I looked into it when I thought about auditioning myself and it's a minefield! 

I can just imagine....I hope it ends up working out where you might be able to consider it eventually though....it would be so kickass to be able to root for someone I "know" (or at least, gave an internet high five to 😄)

• Love 3
On 8/8/2019 at 6:22 AM, parrotfeathers said:

I decided on a miniature poodle for several reasons.   I show in obedience, barn hunt, do a tiny bit of agility (tiny bit) and my havanese isn't really fond of strangers.  Judges have to touch dogs, and she really does not enjoy this.  Poodles have lots of drive and generally enjoy people.  I have had very big dogs (borzoi and german shepherd) and loved moving to a toy dog.  Loading and unloading that huge crate is no fun at shows.  So I didn't want anything too big, although I love sighthounds.  Plus I can do dock diving with a poodle.  Dogs are great fun.  Plus most of the time they are more fun than people!  She will be silver in color.

I have a Havanese too!  He’s a very loyal and loving boy with family but prefers not to be touched by strangers. We absolutely love him! 🐶