Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think the Stars Velcro on because they have crystals that can't be laundered. So they just unstick them, wash everything, stick them back on. Yes, they do fall off sometimes.

For some reason I think there was an interview with someone who I think was Kelli.  She said her coach was watching her section dance and she hit her vest and the star flew off!

On 9/26/2016 at 2:42 PM, kalibean said:

I would wear mine with a sundress. I have a couple of denim ones that would be perfect. Or a purple sundress at a TCU game, red for an SMU game. I love the white with purple TCU logo the Showgirls wear too. 

I don't feel like Miss Me denim ever took off in Dallas (tho I've seen them at Red River dance hall on occasion), but in more rural areas they were quite popular in Texas too.  It's more geared towards the wealthy rancher/4H girls. And despite what television shows you, Dallas doesn't have a lot of that crowd. Guaranteed I'll see them all over the livestock barns when the state fair opens this weekend tho!

I love in a tiny town east of Dallas (about 25 miles), and you can throw a rock and hit someone wearing them. I love mine, but I prefer the plain Jane ones as opposed to the ones blinged out. My favorite jeans are my 7 dollar Walmart skinnies. Lol. I really want those boots and I thought about getting them for Christmas.

• Love 1

I don't post much, but I've been reading this board since way back when it was on TWOP. I particularly love the spoilers. But I think I'm going to have to stop reading. It's not really anyone on here's fault, but I find I've read so much criticism of the cheerleaders' bodies that I can't even look at them objectively anymore. Every scene of the show, every time I see a picture now, my eyes go immediately to the waistline. I can't stop looking at their waistlines and comparing them, and it's gotten to the point where everyone, I mean everyone, looks fat. Seriously, they all look enormous. I've never had an eating disorder, but I think I've got some kind of psychological vision disorder now, and that can't be healthy.

So, goodbye you guys; other than the above it's been fun and entertaining all these years. Y'all take care!

First of all, please do not try to discuss how the DCCs and the organization votes unless it has been brought up on the show. Yes, a judge did ask one of the finalists about Trump and his wall idea, but you may discuss it in the Season 11 Episode 2 thread. Also do not tell others what they can or cannot discuss on here. If someone posts something you do not care for, please send a report to the report center, send a PM to one of the mods, or use the Ignore Feature.

And yes, we do have a Politics and News forum in the PTV website now. Look for the announcement at the top of the page. The forum is in the Off Topic forum section at the bottom of the Shows and More page. All rules apply especially the be civil rule. Thank you.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

First of all, please do not try to discuss how the DCCs and the organization votes unless it has been brought up on the show. Yes, a judge did ask one of the finalists about Trump and his wall idea, but you may discuss it in the Season 11 Episode 2 thread.

And yes, we do have a Politics and News forum in the PTV website now. Look for the announcement at the top of the page. The forum is in the Off Topic forum section at the bottom of the Shows and More page. All rules apply especially the be civil rule. Thank you.

If we specifically want to discuss politics in the DCC world, would Current DCC's be a better thread? I don't want to join the overall politics and news forum, just discuss it in the context of DCC.

The mods have discuss the idea of non show related political discussion on here, and the answer is no do not bring up on here, Yes, a judge did ask a finalist during the panel interviews about Trump's border wall idea, so it is okay to discuss the question in the Season 11 Episode 2 thread. It is not okay to speculate or call out someone on here or a DCC or someone within the organization because you want to know if they will vote for a candidate you support. If you want to know how a DCC might vote, the mods suggest you contact her. So in otherwords, unless the the DCCs and the organization will vote for next month is brought up on the show, do not bring it up on here. Mods will hide or edit out posts discussing this one topic, and non-warning notices, violation points, and suspensions can and will be handed out if the discussion continues.

1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Sigh - isn't this small talks?  lemme see if this random topic is allowed... I just tried Peruvian food and it is majorly DELICIOUS!  Also I just had this thing called a monkey bread (??) ... sounds crazy but tastes yum!

I've never tried monkey bread, I think I need to. It looks amazing.

Wading into y'alls group...hope you don't mind!

Just wanted to let you know my show obsession has crossed into new territory. My husband brought it up in couple's therapy! WTF? It was in the context of us needing to find a show to watch together in the evenings as a low-key way to bond (we've got two young 'uns, both work demanding jobs, you get the drift). We've gone through lots of shows in the past, but have hit a lull recently. And he brought up DCC: MTT as a ha ha option. Not amused, okay?

Maybe I should get him to watch...make him pick a favorite and then raise hell if its not Jinelle. 

Edited by veronicamers
grammar
  • Love 6
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

It was!  I really want to make it but it doesn't look like it would hold up well...

I don't have a bundt pan, I wonder if I can make it without one. It probably won't work though.

5 hours ago, JanetLand said:

I don't post much, but I've been reading this board since way back when it was on TWOP. I particularly love the spoilers. But I think I'm going to have to stop reading. It's not really anyone on here's fault, but I find I've read so much criticism of the cheerleaders' bodies that I can't even look at them objectively anymore. Every scene of the show, every time I see a picture now, my eyes go immediately to the waistline. I can't stop looking at their waistlines and comparing them, and it's gotten to the point where everyone, I mean everyone, looks fat. Seriously, they all look enormous. I've never had an eating disorder, but I think I've got some kind of psychological vision disorder now, and that can't be healthy.

So, goodbye you guys; other than the above it's been fun and entertaining all these years. Y'all take care!

Sorry to see you go.  

I have a question regarding the girls who come in from other countries like Jinelle, Yuko etc?  A friend of mine who is ex US military and also from a different country says that people have to have "sponsors" to come here.  I've never seen or heard this brought up here.  Only thing I've seen was the issues this season with Jinelle and Yuko having to return home.  I explained this to my friend and he still maintained that someone (like the Cowboys Org) would have to "sponsor" the girls for them to stay here.  Can anyone provide insight? @ShellyB?

5 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't have a bundt pan, I wonder if I can make it without one. It probably won't work though.

I've made it in a cake pan and it turns out great! It tastes better if you eat it warm and pretend it doesn't have any calories. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sunwave said:

I've made it in a cake pan and it turns out great! It tastes better if you eat it warm and pretend it doesn't have any calories. 

Anyone here ever made "Friendship bread"?  About to crank up on that for the holiday season.

11 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Anyone here ever made "Friendship bread"?  About to crank up on that for the holiday season.

FRIENDSHIP BREAD IS AMAZING. IT'S WONDERFUL. sorry, got too carried away.

11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Always have some friendship bread on the counter.  I don't use the "amish" one.  Mine is just a handed down recipe.  Feed every 3 days if not using for bread.

I think the one I do is fed on the 5th day and baked on the 10th.  Will have to dig out my recipe.  Did you guys know you can make your own "starter"?  1c Flour 1c Sugar and 1c Milk

19 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Maybe I should get him to watch...make him pick a favorite and then raise hell if its not Jinelle. 

Men seem to love Holly and Danielle, so you may have a fight on your hands! :)

• Love 1
17 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jay Johnson would not approve of monkey bread. You can buy it frozen at most grocery stores, BTW.

lol .. Jay would not approve of me as a human being (as I shove a grilled cheese in my mouth)

15 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

wait ... what is this??  why do you need to feed bread?  I want some!

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Starter

Bread recipe

Most generally you'd get a "starter" from a friend.  I have no friends that're really into baking so I'm going to make a "starter" for myself and then once I bake I'll give the 2 extra (you split the batter at the end bake with 1/3 and give the other 2/3 to friends) to my Mom and one of her neighbors

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Starter

Bread recipe

Most generally you'd get a "starter" from a friend.  I have no friends that're really into baking so I'm going to make a "starter" for myself and then once I bake I'll give the 2 extra (you split the batter at the end bake with 1/3 and give the other 2/3 to friends) to my Mom and one of her neighbors

This sounds amazing!  Too bad I'm so lazy I don't know if I can muster making the starter myself.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

It's really good! Tastes like cinnamon and heaven.

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

lol .. love this.  Cinnamon and heaven!  Love!

I cut a slice and put cinnamon sugar and butter on it then microwave for a few seconds and serve w/ a glass of milk.  Not sure about the recipe I posted as I've never made it but the one I made before makes 2 loaves.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

lol .. Jay would not approve of me as a human being (as I shove a grilled cheese in my mouth)

Haha I had a ginormous BLT for dinner with a pile of CHEWY *cough cough KELLI cough cough* bacon for dinner. Sorrynotsorry, Jay.

You feed friendship bread starter, because it's a 'quick bread' - more like banana bread or zucchini bread than sandwich bread. The starter has the leavening, and you feed the yeast to keep it active. Sour dough starter is similar.

18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Men seem to love Holly and Danielle, so you may have a fight on your hands! :)

He watched with me last night. He loved Kelsey's looks and Holly's dancing. That works for me. 

Edited by veronicamers
Spelling
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2016 at 8:35 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

I have a question regarding the girls who come in from other countries like Jinelle, Yuko etc?  A friend of mine who is ex US military and also from a different country says that people have to have "sponsors" to come here.  I've never seen or heard this brought up here.  Only thing I've seen was the issues this season with Jinelle and Yuko having to return home.  I explained this to my friend and he still maintained that someone (like the Cowboys Org) would have to "sponsor" the girls for them to stay here.  Can anyone provide insight? @ShellyB?

We do not sponsor foreigners. They must obtain a work visa from their home countries if they make the team.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

We do not sponsor foreigners. They must obtain a work visa from their home countries if they make the team.

@ShellyB thx...so they can come here and audition/go through training camp without a visa?  Seems like it would be easier for them to go ahead and get the work visa before coming here.  Just wondering :)

I've been wondering if anyone else had my same thoughts of this, so here goes. I actually didn't mind the weight warnings. Every dancer, model, actress etc has to adhere to the same strict guidelines. Plus I really admire seeing the women transform such as Holly and Kashara. Maybe those warnings are exactly what they needed to shape up. Granted I don't know if they've spoken to the vets I think have issues (Megan, Melissa, Jennifer), but I'd like to see them acknowledge that even fantastic dancers aren't excused.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PBSLover said:

So sorry.  Is it Spectrum?  Cable prices are so outrageous.  And then they wonder why everyone is cancelling subscriptions. 

No, it's Comcast. We had UVerse, but they jacked up the bill by $60+ a month. I swear, no matter which provider you go with, they all do the same thing.

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

For the past two days the heat has been coming on in my area of the office only and I'm sweating my butt off. 

I wish I worked where you do, I'm sitting here with a space heater on, and it's 80 degrees outside.

26 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wish I worked where you do, I'm sitting here with a space heater on, and it's 80 degrees outside.

Omg, it's 80 something degrees outside and 89 in here. It's so much nicer to go outside which luckily I'm in the lobby so I'm right there.

8 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Why

I had the doors open because the heat was turning on and it followed the HVAC guy in and wouldn't leave lol

On 9/23/2016 at 9:15 AM, cgloss said:

Hmm. Wonder if Dez Bryant were to take a knee if Jerry would feel the same.

Also, I've always wondered: If the DCC is No. 1 among NFL cheerleaders, who's commonly considered No. 2? And do you all think the DCC could lose the top spot?

Raiderettes?