Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

Just now, dalgal214 said:

Canes sounds good right now. I know those are strips and not nuggets but still.

Just all the fried foods please. I've been so good lately, and if I'm given the option to stuff my face with sugary confections or salty savory stuff, it's salty savory for me every time.

• Love 4

I've got a question.

Bought a printer for my PC @ Wal Mart 2 weeks ago. It's still in the unopened box (waiting for my SIL to install it). Was looking through my receipt envelope and cannot find it. DH checked out and paid for it (can't remember if it was cash or cc) don't remember him giving me one when we got home. I think it might have gotten tossed out by accident. I'm kicking myself because I'm usually good at saving receipts. IF I would have an issue and has to be returned what can I do about it?

19 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

CRIPES I wanna donut. I've been craving them since last night and baked goods ain't my thang. Why is food so great?! I am always looking for new ways to pretend I'm not starving.

I feel you!!!! As soon as I finish a meal, I'm thinking about my next one. I don't know how I'm not the size of a house. 

• Love 1

I think I'm going to go to the new chick fil a for dinner. Us Northeners finally got blessed by the chick fil a gods and they've started building a lot of them. 

54 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I feel you!!!! As soon as I finish a meal, I'm thinking about my next one. I don't know how I'm not the size of a house. 

Last night after eating chicken, mashed potatoes, and veggie skewers, I was ready for some food in my face after about 1.5 hours. For a few minutes I contemplated if I am pregnant or if this is just fat life.

Fat life.

(Disclaimer -- I am not calling anyone else fat. Just my chicken loving self.)

30 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think I'm going to go to the new chick fil a for dinner. Us Northeners finally got blessed by the chick fil a gods and they've started building a lot of them. 

I live in TN, so the Chick-fil-A's are abundant. I just wish they served chicken biscuits all day because they are probably my favorite food in the whole universe and I would eat them at ALL. HOURS. OF. EVERY. DAY.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

What's a Cane?

LADY YOU NEED RAISING CANES IN YOUR LIFE. The canes sauce...definitely not on the DCC diet. 

Chickfila is is one step above canes ONLY because of breakfast. "Hi my name is DalGal214 and I have a chicken mini addiction"

• Love 6

I had the biggest panini from this italian place the past two days because each half is bigger than my face. There's such good food around my work luckily.

Just now, QuiteContraryMoni said:

The only thing I can't do leftovers of is salad. I'm terribly particular about the texture of my lettuce.

Salad itself is gross unless there's iceberg lettuce. There's a girl at my job who eats a salad every day and I'm just like...howww

2 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Is she a mean hateful sinner? Because if I ate salad everyday, I'd be a mean hateful sinner.

I would go full zombie and eat the nearest person's face after about 48 hours of Nothing But Salad. Just no.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Is she a mean hateful sinner? Because if I ate salad everyday, I'd be a mean hateful sinner.

She's a skinny bitch so I think so? lol

1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@Oranaiche and @PBSLover I'm SO glad you guys know the Waiting for Guffman thing. Damn I love those movies!! I'll have to keep an eye out for for his new movie. A Mighty Wind and Home for Purim killed me too.

"Waiting for Guffman" is probably my favorite movie ever. I'm a singer/actor by profession so it just makes it that much more hilarious and relevant for me. I have seen productions in my life that are really THAT BAD.

This has actually inspired me to have an avatar on here for the first time ever. People are gonna think I'm a dude with a really bad haircut. I'm down.

ETA omg it's so tiny. I want Corky to be in his full glory. ?

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

...well, coming from the person who is in the professional dance world in Dallas we either eat like rabbits or starved sumo wrestlers. No in between. Don't come at us when we're hangry lol.

Binge eating is bad but that's how we survive.

• Love 3

Cane's has crinkle fries. I hate crinkle fries. I went when they first opened, liked the chicken and sauce and never returned because of the crinkle fries. 

Braum's has crinkle fries too, so I always just get a turtle sundae to go with my hamburger ??? I hate crinkle fries.

Rumor has it I hate them so much because my mom ate an entire bag of Orida crinkle fries every damn day when she was pregnant with me. 

• Love 1

Ew. I knew a girl who worked at a braums in high school and she said "no id don't eat there and wouldn't tell anyone to eat there ever. There's roaches all over the kitchen."

? can't look at a braums the same way

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

What about Best of Show???  Love that one!!!  Is the new movie called Mascots and when will it be released?

Oh my god. I didn't know about it. I'm so excited! It comes out on October 13th on Netflix. I just watched the trailer and it looks like it'll be hysterical. If anything is more exciting for me than a new season of MTT, it's a new Christopher Guest mockumentary.

I really, really want to watch "This is Spinal Tap" right now.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Workin on a sex farm...

So many fave parts of that movie, but getting lost on the stage and matching cold sores on Nigel and David are top two.

I'm such a basic bitch, the "eleven" scene is my favorite. "Well, it's one louder, isn't it?" The whole movie is obviously comedy gold though.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@Oranaiche and @PBSLover I'm SO glad you guys know the Waiting for Guffman thing. Damn I love those movies!! I'll have to keep an eye out for for his new movie. A Mighty Wind and Home for Purim killed me too.

Waiting for Guffman is one of my all-time favorite mockumentaries. Brilliant!

"Nothing ever happens in Blaine...."

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

BORING BORING BORING BORING! HA!

I love when the woman who is a descendant of the founder of Blaine tells the interviewer that she "definitely knows how the Kennedys must feel".

"How high a ridge, I could not tell..."

Oh, I'm gonna have to break out the DVD and watch it again. Too funny! So many great lines in that film. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I've got a question.

Bought a printer for my PC @ Wal Mart 2 weeks ago. It's still in the unopened box (waiting for my SIL to install it). Was looking through my receipt envelope and cannot find it. DH checked out and paid for it (can't remember if it was cash or cc) don't remember him giving me one when we got home. I think it might have gotten tossed out by accident. I'm kicking myself because I'm usually good at saving receipts. IF I would have an issue and has to be returned what can I do about it?

Will be easy to keep track of if paid for by CC.   I think I have heard of receipts  being able to be duplicated.  

9 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yes! Who the hell knows every line of every Guest mockumentary, loves food and knows the entire DCC history?! WE do! I loathe Facebook with every fiber of my being or I'd start a group for us there. I just hate it. I think it' a breeding ground for misunderstandings and hurt feelings. It makes me my WORST me.

Back to Guffman...then I will stop.  How about Corky’s Judy Tenuta t-shirt?  Amazing!

• Love 1
On 9/9/2016 at 0:30 PM, heatherrrrz said:

It's a sad life when you're 25 and you can't afford to move out because home prices are high and you can't save money.

Not sad at all, that's just the way things are for many many 25 year-olds!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I'm such a basic bitch, the "eleven" scene is my favorite. "Well, it's one louder, isn't it?" The whole movie is obviously comedy gold though.

Nigel was awesome!  I loved him in the scene where he was confused about how to fold the meat to fit on the little slices of bread.  And don't even get me started on Stonehenge (but you're not as confused as he is!) :)  My VERY favorite line from the movie (I even use it in real life) was "There's a fine line between clever and stupid"

23 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Workin on a sex farm...

So many fave parts of that movie, but getting lost on the stage and matching cold sores on Nigel and David are top two.

Plowing through your bean fields...poking your hay :)

Whenever I've seen Rush they always started exactly on time, except for their last show in Newark, NJ.  Of course I had to say that I bet the custodian was giving them directions to the stage :)

• Love 2

I have finally found my people. 

If there was a job that paid no money and consisted of sitting in a dark room, cut off from society, just watching Christopher Guest-related-mockumentaries...you'd never see me again...except to watch MTT of course...

I'm so basic that I went to World Market today in my yoga clothes to buy pumpkin beer and a geometric brass terrarium to make a succulent terrarium I found on Pinterest. And I didn't even go to the yoga class. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I have finally found my people. 

If there was a job that paid no money and consisted of sitting in a dark room, cut off from society, just watching Christopher Guest-related-mockumentaries...you'd never see me again...except to watch MTT of course...

I'm so basic that I went to World Market today in my yoga clothes to buy pumpkin beer and a geometric brass terrarium to make a succulent terrarium I found on Pinterest. And I didn't even go to the yoga class. 

Ha!  As long as you had fun!  That is what Saturdays are for!

• Love 1

Holy crap!  I spent at least half an hour heading further into the realms of so-called "hard" rock than I ever thought possible.  First it was the band "Disturbed" (which I had heard of) then other, more esoteric (to me, at least) bands that I'd never heard of before.  Some were good and others not so much.  I've started a list of ones that I think I might like.  This is a genre of music I've avoided for the most part because it usually hurts my ears and there doesn't seem to be any discernable lyrics or recognizable music.  Still, it's only my first foray and I might find more interesting thing.

• Love 1

Ohmygosh gals, I've been away working with barely any interweb access and I swear I have been acting like a deprived crack addict at the thought of what I've been missing.

@QuiteContraryMoni sent you a request, I am soundslikemelon.

re. Irritating food people eat, I used to work with a girl who was super health obsessed and would butter her raw carrots for added nutrition and chomp on them for hours.. and hours.. and hours. It literally used to make me want to cut my own ears off.

Incidentally she was also one of the sickliest people I've known.

Can I also just say re. 'Finding my own people' I had the sh!ttiest week last week and just coming here and being surrounded by people I can relate to and make me laugh, is all kinds of wonderful. I love you all!

• Love 5
On 9/12/2016 at 1:34 AM, EricaShadows said:

Holy crap!  I spent at least half an hour heading further into the realms of so-called "hard" rock than I ever thought possible.  First it was the band "Disturbed" (which I had heard of) then other, more esoteric (to me, at least) bands that I'd never heard of before.  Some were good and others not so much.  I've started a list of ones that I think I might like.  This is a genre of music I've avoided for the most part because it usually hurts my ears and there doesn't seem to be any discernable lyrics or recognizable music.  Still, it's only my first foray and I might find more interesting thing.

I like Static-X and Type O Negative :)  When I had Sirius I'd listen to the Liquid Metal channel a lot.  Not because I love the music (I like it, it's just not my favorite), but because I find a lot of the bands funny.  I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but many of those bands don't seem to take themselves too seriously.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm going to die, I have a volleyball game at 9:15 Thursday. Whyyy did I decide to get back into sports? lmao

I feel kind of the same. Now that I have it on Amazon, I can't watch it on Thursday. So I have to wait until after work to watch. I didn't look at the forum one time before then last week, and I was going absolutely crazy ?

5 minutes ago, GAgirl said:

I feel kind of the same. Now that I have it on Amazon, I can't watch it on Thursday. So I have to wait until after work to watch. I didn't look at the forum one time before then last week, and I was going absolutely crazy ?

I'll watch it Friday at work, but I'm sad I can't watch it. I'm more sad that I won't be getting home till late lol

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

We love you too, you're a good egg, don't let the turkeys get you down, this too shall pass. Unless you got wasted at a party and had relations with some guy on the lawn when you were 19. That shit will stick with you forever.

Bwa ha ha!

• Love 3