Type keyword(s) to search

Better Things in the Media

• Start Topic

Long interview in the Slate podcast "Represent" with Adlon.

She says there will be season 2 of BT, talks about her career and her life raising 3 daughters.  One of them was like the middle daughter in BT, went through a phase of wearing boys clothes.

She also loves Catastrophe, the brutally honest dialogue and how funny it is.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1

Pamela Adlon picked up an Emmy nomination for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series earlier today.  I doubt she'll win as the category is loaded with seven strong nominees but I'm very pleased to see her performance here rewarded.

• Love 4

Louis CK being accuse of all kinds of creepy acts.  His movie premier is being canceled because a NY Times story about him doing sexually inappropriate things is suppose to be published.

Seen in this light, it might explain some of the weird, creepy things which have gone on in season 2 of Better Things, such as the poor schlub that Sam humiliated out in public, the weird deal with Robin and then the crappy scene in the car with "if you only tasted my dick" Jeff.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, scrb said:

Seen in this light, it might explain some of the weird, creepy things which have gone on in season 2 of Better Things, such as the poor schlub that Sam humiliated out in public, the weird deal with Robin and then the crappy scene in the car with "if you only tasted my dick" Jeff.

Not to mention the scene with the legos that made me drop the series. Never liked Louis C.K. and I was turned off 100% by season 2 of Better Things. Explains a whole lot. They need to rethink 90% of this show. Not as bad as SMILF though!

So FX cut off ties with Louis CK, who owned up to his misdeeds and apologized.

He will no longer be involved with the FX shows, so it will be interesting how Better Things changes, if at all in season 3.

Pamela Adlon issued this statement:

"Hi. I’m here. I have to say something. It’s so important. My family and I are devastated and in shock after the admission of abhorrent behavior by my friend and partner, Louis C.K," she wrote. "I feel deep sorrow and empathy for the women who have come forward. I am asking for privacy at this time for myself and my family. I am processing and grieving and hope to say more as soon as I am able."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2017/11/10/louis-ck-i-love-you-daddy-release-canceled-amid-sexual-misconduct-scandal/851769001/

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, scrb said:

iPod commercial?

iPad Pro. "What's a computer?".

It seems to have been filmed awhile back. She looks quite a bit older on the show already.

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 2

All FX Season Premieres Will Now Include at Least 2 Episodes Thanks to Hulu

After considering a binge model shift, the company embraces a compromise

Going forward, FX is changing up its scheduling strategy for all original shows on FX and FXX, as well as its digital FX on Hulu series: The season premieres of all new shows will include at least two episodes airing that first night (or, in the case of FX on Hulu shows, available to stream on premiere day), with an additional episode following each week. Previously, shows would debut with a single episode.

That shift kicks off this week. FX programmed two episodes of new comedy Breeders, which debuted last night on FX, and the week’s other debuts—new FXX comedy Dave on Thursday, returning FX shows Better Things and Cake on Thursday and FX on Hulu limited series Devs on Thursday—will each have two episodes available out of the gate.

The premiere shift, inspired by new Disney corporate sibling Hulu, was FX’s solution to its ongoing “dilemma” about whether to shift to the binge model embraced by streaming rivals like Netflix, in which an entire season of a series is dropped at once, said FX Networks chairman John Landgraf.

“Clearly you do have people that really love that model,” said Landgraf. “We debated and debated, bingeing versus weekly.” (It’s a scheduling conundrum that streaming services are struggling with as well.)

While both options have pros and cons, the binge model’s biggest disadvantage, said Landgraf, was that shows only stay in the zeitgeist for “two weeks” before audiences gravitate to the next new series.

“I just believe so strongly that things are allowed to exist and bubble in the culture when they’re weekly, and that actually anticipating something that you really want to see and not having it [all at once] is a part of falling in love with it,” said Landgraf.

Yet linear’s traditional weekly release model also has drawbacks. “One of its disadvantages is you put all this effort in marketing and then you only offer one [episode] of someone’s show,” said Landgraf. “Ironically, the company that had come up with what we thought was the best solution was Hulu: let’s make more than one episode available.”

So FX chose to follow’s Hulu general strategy of dropping two or three episodes of a show on premiere day, with weekly episodes following after that. (However, Hulu does binge-release some shows, especially comedies.) In rare cases, FX will drop all episodes of a show at once, as it will do with docuseries The Most Dangerous Animal of All; FX will air all four episodes on Friday.

• Useful 1