Type keyword(s) to search

Little People in the Media

• Start Topic

Hope it was OK to start this thread - didn't see any media thread for this show.

The LPA convention has been going on in Boston this weekend. Hashtag is #LPABoston2016 if you want to search Twitter or Instagram.

Amy is there; so are the Klein-Arnolds and the Hamills.

Maybe Amy will find a new guy!

• Love 6

I agree but I admit I'd be curious to see how Matt handles an LP who is more professionally successful, a woman, and able to make the "I SPENT MY CHILDHOOD IN HOSPITALS" bitch point that Matt likes to throw down when nothing else is available.

• Love 9

Amy Roloff of Little People BIG World will share two of her traditional family holiday desserts. You’ll learn the recipes for her famous pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread and get a chance to taste them while you interact with Amy.

How much do you want to bet that the woman who owns a pumpkin farm will be making her pie with canned pumpkin?  Not to mention pre-made frozen crust.  

I think I'll save my $15 and run back to the freezer section and just grab me a couple Marie Callendar's and call it a day, thanks! 

• Love 7

2 cans of pumpkin puree

From Amy's recipe .... CANNED!  

I knew it.

Not that there is anything really wrong with canned pumpkin (just use Libbey's because many others use cheaper and less flavorful squash as fill, just a lil' FYI) but Amy OWNS A PUMPKIN FARM!!!!  Ok, I'll cut her a break.  She's teaching a class and perhaps expecting everyone to go home and roast a pumpkin is a bit much.  But she should at least suggest giving it a try in her recipe.  It's time consuming, but not really hard to do.  You just clean a pumpkin, half it, bake it, and puree it.  Plus you get pumpkin seeds to toast! 

It's actually my idea of a good time.  I will show myself out now! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
to make sure you don't forget about the pumpkin seeds!
  • Love 7

Ouch. I've shelled out over a hundred dollars a person for local celebrity chef one-off cooking classes. Well, there are celebrity chefs where I live, and they're really chefs. Still, Amy could and should charge more just for letting strangers into her house. Are the Roloffs this hard up now that their show has ended?

• Love 1

She isn't teaching the class in her own actual house is she?????  I hope not.

I thought it was being done in a Fred Meyer store in some kind of space they set off for demonstrations. 

ETA: I found this on the sign-up page

For classes that have a fee, please make prior payment at the Stadium Fred Meyer Customer Service desk. Your receipt will be your ticket for the class. Refunds will be given with your receipt and 72-hour notice. Our Stadium Fred Meyer store is located at 100 NW 20th Place, Portland, OR 97209.

It sounds like the "class" is being held at a store.  Amy can't  be letting a bunch of random people into her house, lord I hope not. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought it was being done in a Fred Meyer store in some kind of space they set off for demonstrations. 

It's here: 

Our Stadium Fred Meyer store is located at 100 NW 20th Place, Portland, OR 97209.

7 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It sounds like the "class" is being held at a store.  Amy can't  be letting a bunch of random people into her house, lord I hope not. 

Yep. It sounds like a store demo in front of a big audience. No wonder the pumpkin comes from cans. For my pricey celebrity chef classes, I get actual interaction. I don't stand in line to sit in the back of a room. For $15--really????

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I've begun to wonder if this is going to be filmed for use in a future episode—students expected to sign a release.

Otherwise, I don't see much benefit in it for the Roloffs.

On November 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Willowsmom said:

Not to defend Amy but she needs to use ingredients her audience will use. And the pumpkins they grow are not pie pumpkins.

I'm not sure they actually grow most of the pumpkins on their farm, either. I recall Matt saying they trucked most of them in for "pumpkin season".

• Love 1

On the one hand, Zac and Tori's pregnancy will take attention away from Audrey and Jeremy and they're probably not pleased about that. On the other hand, Audrey and Jeremy are all about "me me me me me" and having to care for a crying pooping newborn would not fit into their plans to only think about themselves all the time. (On the other other other hand, having a baby would add to their happy golden Christian family instagram aesthetic.) 

• Love 3

Well, I think Zach and Tori want children so good for them. Agreed that Jer and Auj must be besides themselves as they aren't producing the first grandchild... but I genuinely think they aren't really ready for children for the same reasons as galaxy. I bet they won't like not getting the attention tho ;)

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Tori will.

Shit, that was mean but I must have had a little truth serum in my cocktail tonight.

No, not nean. I figure Tori has spent a lot of time and effort  raising Zach to the point she feels  comfortable having a baby

• Love 1

I'm reading Far From the Tree, and to my surprise, the Roloffs make an appearance in the chapter on dwarfism. To my further surprise, the chapter includes this sentence: "The Roloffs have three average-height sons and one, Zach, with achondroplasia."

Dang, sorry Molly. 

• Love 3

I won't speculate, but, Matt has been a ladies favorite for a long time.  I would easily believe that he has had a special friend for a while.  I suspect that he was sensitive enough to let Amy go public first.  I don't think Amy would have taken it well, otherwise. 

On 2017-01-08 at 5:42 PM, mythoughtis said:

Zach and Tori have been married a year and a half, right?  How does that make Molly's engagement fast? 

Maybe it's just in my area, but a year and a half is fast! In my neck of the woods, couples date for give or take 4 years before getting engaged. 

• Love 2
On 1/7/2017 at 8:41 PM, MissT said:

Zach and Tori are having a boy!    

Just saw on Tori's instagram that they had to put Sully down because of cancer. Tori is devastated.

I didn't mean to associate that quote with my post but the forum wouldn't let me reply without inserting something.

• Love 1