Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Tiki Takeover

• Start Topic

On July 4, 2016 at 0:04 AM, Albino said:

Ana doesn't bother me - she's not going to win anyway - but Tregaye?  Can she please just DIAF?  So sick of the her sassy black stereotype, her stupid fluttery fingers, her posturing, her constant face-making, her manufactured fleekiness and her general belief that she is so much better than all the other cooks that they should just quit.  Glad the judges hated her and Damiano's presentation.  Because with Tregaye...it's not about the food...it's all about Tregaye.  It's a shame her food is so good. 

Damiano is just a dick.  His culinary aesthetic is so superior to everyone else's! The judges basically eye-rolled at all of his complaining.  Wonder how he'd fare on Cutthroat Kitchen? And  I can't even imagine what a diva he'd be behind the scenes at his own Food Network show. That is, if anyone could understand what he was saying.

Did not enjoy seeing Erin's fluffy boobs, either.

Tregaye has pretty much ruined the show for me.  Once Jenard is eliminated I'll stop watching.

This episode was another example of how low this show has sunk. Must be budget cuts, because the Tiki party should have been at the beach.  And the NASCAR one should have been at a track.  It's pathetic to see all these people crowded into a soundstage.  

They were filming in Jan/Feb I think, doubt either was really possible.

On July 4, 2016 at 1:41 AM, HappyDancex2 said:

Joy's Jezebel chicken is "sweet and sassy."  What is sassy food?  Salty? Spicy?

tregaye "I'm just gonna sip my tea like Kermit."  Lol huzzah!  

As far as the tiki challenge goes, it's painful to see that Hawaiian inspired food is pineapple based skewered crap.  I also thought it was unfair that the contestants got to watch each other before they went on.

To recap, Ana is getting the beyotch edit, Damiano is the arrogant douche canoe and Jenard is now shown huffing and eye rolling everyone....and snark sleeping.  Final 2 leaves us Fleeky v newly discovered bullied sympathetic Erin.

Didn't seem to help the "partly couple." Seriously if I was OMG he show and went on after them I would make sure I focused on the food after that!

On July 6, 2016 at 8:21 PM, SingleMaltBlonde said:

In all fairness Bread Pudding isn't baking....

I think these contestants come up with a schtick without a clue as to how it will play...I still can't understand what whimsical food might be??  I think it was the first guy off...he seriously thought he would win just repeating bacon?  Like there are parts of this nation where bacon isn't available?

On the first episode 5 or 6 of the contestants were plugging thier southern heritage like it's a unique perspective....unless it's Southern Vegan we have pretty much been there and done that...it just because a weird contest to see who can deep fry a combination of butter and mayo.

I'm not a vegan but I'll play one on FNS if it means I'll win...

• Love 2
(edited)

Southern and Italian has been played out to distraction.   Monterey is the only one who has a current agenda.  Small plates is the trend now along with creative food that has no roots any country.  It is a fusion of everything and anything.  Monterey's carrots on Salvation is the perfect example of what I am saying. She is the only one whose show I would watch. I want to make those carrots!   Alex sees this and she has influence over the outcome.  

Not that they are doing this to actually find someone.  It is the competition itself that brings high ratings.  Even a blind pig finds an acorn occasionally and they have.  I hate Guy, hate him, but he has worked out well for the network.  Jeff Morrow, too.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Skyfall said:

They were filming in Jan/Feb I think, doubt either was really possible.

That shouldn't have made a difference since, I believe, they were filming in SoCal where it's 70s year round. 

• Love 1

Guy was a home run for Food Network.  I remember him on Next FNS and he clearly had most of what was needed.  

What became of the girl that had that awful flower in her hair all the time?  Artie or Ariel or something like that.  I do like Jeff definitely.

On 7/5/2016 at 9:53 PM, smiley13 said:

I will never understand the disdain for anything to do with the 1/4 of the United States that is The South.  In looking back at the full list of the contestants, 6 of 12 come from Southern states

No disdain here.  I just tend to gag on anything that's shoved down my throat.  Especially with the implication that it's the only "real" thing out there.  The 3/4 of the United States that are not The South have their own cultures and traditions and do not wish to be Southern.

I was soooo glad that Joy got the boot.  I don't especially like Ana and don't see her winning (I also don't see Bobby having The Hots for her), but Joy has served up mediocre food on more than one occasion, and she's had problematic presentations besides.  And she's always come across as fakity-fake to me.

My vote for next to go - Jernard.  I really don't want to discuss baby-making or laying down by the fire or making sweet love while watching someone make a meatloaf.  Or really any time I'm not watching retro South Park and expect Chef to come onscreen.

• Love 3
On 2016-07-08 at 11:51 PM, cooksdelight said:

I was never a silent movie fan, so there's no way I could watch a cooking show with Damiano as host... with subtitles. Because he needs them, as the show has shown.

I don't understand why people find Damiano's accent difficult to understand.  I understand him just fine.  His is a lot easier for North American ears to do so than people from other parts of the world - including some English-speaking countries/regions.

• Love 6

What stood out to me was Jernard saying he doesn't know if his wife uses frozen foods but it seems like something she would do. Wait, they've got 9 kids and he's not sure what's in their freezer or how food makes it to the table?! Does he help AT ALL?

• Love 6
17 hours ago, snarktini said:

What stood out to me was Jernard saying he doesn't know if his wife uses frozen foods but it seems like something she would do. Wait, they've got 9 kids and he's not sure what's in their freezer or how food makes it to the table?! Does he help AT ALL?

Only with the baby-making.

• Love 7
On July 10, 2016 at 10:13 PM, smiley13 said:

Ana is unlikable and she is awful on camera.

But other than that, she is perfect!!!

Seriously, the only reason she stays is because Flay has the hots for her. She is awful and impossible to watch.

• Love 1