Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Tiki Takeover

• Start Topic

(edited)

It actually cracks me up how transparent Damiano is in his annoyance and disdain for all these stupid themed tasks.

What is it with the semi-obsession Bobby/Giada/Random Third Judge/FN has with having to have personal anecdotes/stories every single time they present? Erin talking about how she was bullied as a child has nothing to do with her dessert. I don't think I know anything about Alton Brown's personal life and I like it better that way.

Jernard was rude with his passive-aggressive constant drinking to "get through" the horror of working with Erin. 

I don't like Ana, but her food is consistently better and I was on Team Bobby 100% on that one, and I feel kind of sorry for her now that the other four hate her.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 15

Wow...Congrats Bobby you got your girl through again.  Good gosh Bobby has is bad for Ana.  After Lorraine says Ana has no personality - which is true - he gets a bit defensive of Ana.  When do you start looking at Ana if it's been 3 times you have a problem working with people when do you look at that person as the reason.  She makes for awful tv, sure her food is good but who wants to watch someone who isn't watchable?  Seriously WTF?? 

• Love 11

The toxic Latina Housewife takes down another likeable contestant.  So what if she can cook?  Give her an off screen job in your test kitchen.  I would never watch that woman fumble and bumble (or get bawdy, because she only has those two gears) through a half hour show on the network.

She should have gone home week one or two with her total lack of charisma.

This will be my last season watching this mess.

• Love 8
(edited)

I doubt I'd watch a show hosted by Joy, because her POV doesn't interest me. But I would probably break my remote in my haste to change the channel if I tuned into a show with Ana hosting. She manages to be both dull and actively unpleasant to watch. It's like staring into the void.

Edited by mauras
  • Love 16

Ana is delusional if she thinks the reason the others don't like the outcome is that they see her as competition.  No, sometimes it's because people just do not LIKE you.  That's that pretty girl/mean girl mentality -- oh, others are mean to me because they're jealous.  No, sometimes that is absolutely NOT the case.

Bobby is quite transparent.  He loved it when Ana went "blue" in her presentation.  Well, Bobby, you're a damn fool if you think that is a show that would appeal to most of the FN audience.  

Joy tried to keep the presentation together.  And yet again, the Black Widow strikes with a great deal of assistance from Bobby who has it bad for her hot mess self.

This episode disappointed me a great deal in Jernard.  He showed a very ugly side to him when Erin was his partner.  Thought he was a better guy than that.

Was hoping this was Damiano or Ana's week to go home.

Tregaye was somewhat tough to take when she was "Queen of the Hill".  Sometimes amusing, sometimes annoying.  Her catering skills are helping her greatly -- she can handle stress.

• Love 17

Totally agreed, Crucial.  Joy was a joy to watch.  Her POV is solid.  She's the complete package.  Meanwhile Ana is nothing but a sullen desperate housewife.   I don't care how good her food is, if no one likes her she should just GO.   I agree, she must be Bobby's new crush or something.  How the network could let Joy walk is a travesty.  I thought some previous seasons were disasters, but this is truly the WORST YET.  Mark my words, I think Tregaye might take this.  Ugh.  Someone needs to tell "girlfriend" she's not all that plus she needs a lesson in how to choose pants so your thighs don't look like huge tree trunks.

• Love 9

I'd be upset, but we know Ana won't win either. Right? Please say it ain't so.

Joy didn't do it for me personality-wise, because I think we're saturated with over the top southerness. But I'd totally eat her food, and I can't say that about Ana's. I lived in Miami for a while and hers just never looked as good as anything I ate down there. 

And Ana always looks depressed.

I wonder if there's something else going on with Erin and Jenard because he was uber passive-aggressive with her. I'd be more upset about it if I liked Erin. :) But smidgens and fluffy and enough! It's not like being a chubby chef is anything new.

Giada and Bobby are like a dish that's lacking salt. They're all saccharine and doughy. They actually need Alton.

My husband walked by as I was watching this moment (below), and said "How many teeth does that woman have? Is she some kind of alien?" :)

2016-07-03 20.31.39 - Copy.jpg

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I wonder if Joy's tax problems played a role in her dismissal.

I doubt it, unless it came out earlier. If it wasn't in the open until May of this year, that would've been after filming.

Her husband trying to say it's all new to them, well - who starts a business and doesn't know you need to pay payroll taxes? I'm side-eyeing them.

• Love 5

The article mentions an earlier settlement with the state. Plus, they didn't suddenly find themselves with a lien slapped on the business. They've probably known they were in trouble for a while.

• Love 2

Im wondering,what if Joy wins Star Salvation..? Bobby would still probably find a way to keep Ana from being voted off(maybe he has a romantic interest in her or something..)

• Love 1
(edited)

Ana doesn't bother me - she's not going to win anyway - but Tregaye?  Can she please just DIAF?  So sick of the her sassy black stereotype, her stupid fluttery fingers, her posturing, her constant face-making, her manufactured fleekiness and her general belief that she is so much better than all the other cooks that they should just quit.  Glad the judges hated her and Damiano's presentation.  Because with Tregaye...it's not about the food...it's all about Tregaye.  It's a shame her food is so good. 

Damiano is just a dick.  His culinary aesthetic is so superior to everyone else's! The judges basically eye-rolled at all of his complaining.  Wonder how he'd fare on Cutthroat Kitchen? And  I can't even imagine what a diva he'd be behind the scenes at his own Food Network show. That is, if anyone could understand what he was saying.

Did not enjoy seeing Erin's fluffy boobs, either.

Tregaye has pretty much ruined the show for me.  Once Jenard is eliminated I'll stop watching.

This episode was another example of how low this show has sunk. Must be budget cuts, because the Tiki party should have been at the beach.  And the NASCAR one should have been at a track.  It's pathetic to see all these people crowded into a soundstage.  

Edited by Albino
  • Love 20

Now that we're down to a smaller group and it's easier to focus on each individual, I've really realized that I don't want ANY of these people to win I'd rather have Monterey or Yaku back.

Im wondering,what if Joy wins Star Salvation..?

Spoiler

You don't need to worry about that. She got booted from there, too. 

• Love 16

Ana - the kiss of reality show death. 

I expected Ana to go home, but I thought it should be Joy. Although, Ana is on borrowed time now. I don't like when they choose personality over cooking. Joy was kind of hit or miss in that respect as well. I think they made the right choice this week. I'm not interested in anyone's show so it doesn't matter to me who wins. I find Jenard difficult to understand. Treygaye is fleeking annoying. Unless something goes terribly wrong, I think it's going to come down to those two. The rest aren't that interesting. I thought it was really rude of them to get all pissed that Joy left. It wasn't like it was Ana's decision. They were being assholes about it.  

• Love 12

The thing is with this show, you need personality too. Ana is boring and there is zero way I'd watch her show.  It doesn't matter how good her food is if there is zero personality. Ana should have left before this week, IMO. 

She'd probably be rude to any guests since she doesn't work well with others.

I miss Yaku too. I thought I was the only one. 

• Love 4

I hate them all and would probably not watch any of them. However, I still prefer Ana because she can clearly cook and I think with some help in filming she could host an actual cooking show. Too bad that's not what they are looking for. I absolutely hate Tregaye. I don't care how good her food is, I would never watch her show. Frankly, I think they're all horrible but Ana and Damiano at least don't make me want to vomit (mostly because neither of them seems to want to play the network's BS games.

• Love 9
(edited)

Couple of admittedly superficial observations...  I was surprised to see a big tattoo on one of Erin's legs.  For a couple of weeks, I thought I might be seeing a pierced tongue on Damiano but couldn't be sure.  I am positive I saw it tonight.  I've come a long way on piercings but pierced tongues still weird me out -- seems like food would get caught in them.  Yuck.  Last, Ana's gigantic fake eyelashes would have MADE the show for me if they'd come off with her tears of delusion.

I didn't think Joy would win the whole thing nor did I want her to, but in a decision tonight between Ana and Joy, I really thought it was unfair that Joy got the boot.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ana you were separated from your husband since before the first season of the RHOM was filmed which was in 2010, even if you guys were putting off signing the divorce papers until you were actually made a housewife the following year so you are not recently divorced.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

I miss Yaku too. I thought I was the only one. 

Nope.  He's the only one of the whole bunch I might actually watch although I don't like his bushy beard.  I'd love to see him come back and win the whole thing although there's probably a slim chance that FN will choose a black male two years in a row.

I don't understand why Bobby and Giada seem to like Tregaye.  She does seem to be a good cook but she's obnoxious.  I have a hard time tolerating her for 5 minutes.  I can't imagine watching her for a half hour show.  

Bobby always prioritizes cooking skills over personality so I understand why he sided with Ana over Joy - and agree although I can't stand Ana.  She looks like she's been around the block a few times too often and the other contestants don't seem to like her which says a lot.  

• Love 6

Ugh, having to make stuff from frozen food.  That really shows us how to cook, right?

"This is bullshit.  Everything is frozen."  Uh, yeah, that's what the challenge is, as stupid as it may be.

Oh, no, not bread pudding!  (Oh, wait, this isn't Chopped)

Damiano is on the wrong show.

Who is the Lorraine person?

Jesus God, Tregaye is annoying! She's going to win, isn't she?

Ugh, show us cooking, not the stories that give them tears.  smdh

Interesting how Ana has a Spanish accent when she's presenting, but not when she's having talking heads.

I don't like Jernard, he is not a very nice person.

"The cooking is boring."  Uh, Damiano you are really on the wrong show.

Man, Joy really is a curse, isn't she?

• Love 3

Tregaye looked like sloppy athleisure chick in that outfit.  And "bye Felicia?"  Where is the eye roll emoticon.

Damiano said "it's just not fair."  bwahahahaha.  Oh the contempt for frozen food.  

Ana "Bobby is starting to get me..."  Bwahahahaha.  Hold up those coconuts darlin.

This show is trolling us now.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

I'd be upset, but we know Ana won't win either. Right? Please say it ain't so.

Joy didn't do it for me personality-wise, because I think we're saturated with over the top southerness. But I'd totally eat her food, and I can't say that about Ana's. I lived in Miami for a while and hers just never looked as good as anything I ate down there. 

And Ana always looks depressed.

I wonder if there's something else going on with Erin and Jenard because he was uber passive-aggressive with her. I'd be more upset about it if I liked Erin. :) But smidgens and fluffy and enough! It's not like being a chubby chef is anything new.

Giada and Bobby are like a dish that's lacking salt. They're all saccharine and doughy. They actually need Alton.

My husband walked by as I was watching this moment (below), and said "How many teeth does that woman have? Is she some kind of alien?" :)

I swear she grew an entire additional set since last week.  And why did she think it was a good idea to wear a swimsuit to The Vajayjay Table of Doom?

• Love 4

That dress Tregaye was wearing at the end was awful - inappropriate and totally ill-suited to her body type.

And it was probably editing, but I loved the dirty look Bobby gave Tregaye when he told her to lay off the drama in the first round.

• Love 3

Joy's Jezebel chicken is "sweet and sassy."  What is sassy food?  Salty? Spicy?

tregaye "I'm just gonna sip my tea like Kermit."  Lol huzzah!  

As far as the tiki challenge goes, it's painful to see that Hawaiian inspired food is pineapple based skewered crap.  I also thought it was unfair that the contestants got to watch each other before they went on.

To recap, Ana is getting the beyotch edit, Damiano is the arrogant douche canoe and Jenard is now shown huffing and eye rolling everyone....and snark sleeping.  Final 2 leaves us Fleeky v newly discovered bullied sympathetic Erin.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

Treygaye is fleeking annoying.

I love this.   Thank you! 

Making  Bread pudding on Chopped is one thing.  It's a way of pulling together disparate ingredients.    But this was a baking competition, and Tregaye started with baked products, poured milk & eggs over them and re-baked them.   Just not the same thing, in my mind, as baking, which usually means combining flour, sugar, butter, eggs, in the right proportions.     And I don't get the disdain for frozen ingredients.   Frozen fruit bars, frozen butter, ice cream - those are pretty decent ingredients for baking.   Damiano got all upset, having to use frozen EGGS in his shortbread cookies. WHAT?  Shortbread cookies are typically made with flour, sugar, butter.  No eggs!  Quit bitching about the eggs being frozen, you don't put eggs in shortbread. 
Ana sounds nervous when she talks. Why does Bobby say she's relaxed and calm? She starts out looking scared, then gets hyper and talks without thinking, often says something stupid.

I don't like Jenard.  I don't like the way he is constantly bragging about having 9 kids.  It's not an accomplishment.  And, what he said about his wife - the first time he met her, he woke up in the morning to homemade biscuits.  Yeah, she might not be happy about that.  

Every one of these people is annoying in a different way. They should have sent home Joy and Ana, both.  And maybe a few more people, too. 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It actually cracks me up how transparent Damiano is in his annoyance and disdain for all these stupid themed tasks.

Me too and I like him for that.  Italians, well my cousins anyways, never cook with frozen foods.  He is in the U.S. though.....

1 hour ago, Court said:

I wouldn't watch Tregaye either. She seems exhausting.

1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Tregaye, Jackee called and wants her schtick back! I would never watch a show Tregaye hosted.

I am so done with her.  Tonight's episode was too much.

I never picked up on the Bobby and Ana thing.  Good catch everyone.

• Love 4

What is Bobby saving Ana for? He must have a reason, does he have the hots for her? She's in the bottom every week, even if she isn't the worst any given week, she's been in the bottom every week, enough already.

• Love 1
(edited)

Since GoT finished squeezing out their annual eyedropper full of shows and 60 Minutes has turned into a soft news magazine, this is my favorite Sunday night hour.  They're all just so awful, I giggle my way through the whole show.  The giant hamburger patty of hair on top of Damiano's head is worth the price of admission.  I can't figure out the mechanics--where are the ends?

--He cracked me up, earnestly explaining to the judges that--in the frozen food challenge--the eggs were frozen!  The butter was frozen!

--Jernard finally made it crystal clear that nine kids = masculine virility.

--Uh oh, Erin found her way back to the smidgeons well.  Lorraine didn't seem particularly overjoyed about the reunion, did she?

--Someone finally applied a touch of the brakes to the runaway Tregaye express.  And that's not how "clutching my pearls" works, Slangy.

--Bye, Joy, hi to the kids.  P.S. Your biscuits were much too thick for that task. 

--I thought everyone was quite harsh, glaring daggers at Ana.  Oh good, Ana's able to rationalize that.

--Bless your toothy little heart, Giada.  Disagreeing with Bobby does not exactly create a "tie."

Edited by candall
  • Love 12

Anyone else watching this closely as opposed to background TV blather?  Bobby and Giada's "knowing looks" and googly glances are almost palpable.  The soft looks, gentle lean ins, exaggerated awkward laughter...I'm starting to get uncomfortable that I'm watching something private.  They look to each other, they lean into each other...not the third guest chef of the week.  I know they are both single and can do what they please (now) but still.  Still what, I don't know.

Just found out Damiano is from Lucca.  Sigh, I love Lucca.  It IS a really beautiful part of Italy.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, GaT said:

What is Bobby saving Ana for? He must have a reason, does he have the hots for her? She's in the bottom every week, even if she isn't the worst any given week, she's been in the bottom every week, enough already.

Drama?  Plus she'll actually verbalize those delusional barbs like she did at the end of this episode...very Housewife lines.  She's playing her role.  Look for her to be eliminated in 2 weeks but pop up as a guest judge on Chopped: Spicy Latina Famewhore Edition.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, backformore said:

Making  Bread pudding on Chopped is one thing.  It's a way of pulling together disparate ingredients.    But this was a baking competition, and Tregaye started with baked products, poured milk & eggs over them and re-baked them.   Just not the same thing, in my mind, as baking, which usually means combining flour, sugar, butter, eggs, in the right proportions.  

Although I'm not loving Jernaud these days, he was right when he called Tregaye's dish a "hot mess".  It was just another of this season's stupid, juvenile, unappetizing competitions.  I really think the show is snarking the audience at this point.  There was no way that in any universe Tregaye's dish would have been better than everyone else's, especially knowing the 57 already frozen ingredients that went into it.  I'm not buying it.  I think that unless someone screws up in a big way all the winners and eliminations are chosen in advance at this point and that's why they went through such lengths to justify Joy's elimination by calling it a "tie".  I suppose the "tie breaker" was one of the producers.

4 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Anyone else watching this closely as opposed to background TV blather?  Bobby and Giada's "knowing looks" and googly glances are almost palpable.  The soft looks, gentle lean ins, exaggerated awkward laughter...I'm starting to get uncomfortable that I'm watching something private.  They look to each other, they lean into each other...not the third guest chef of the week.  I know they are both single and can do what they please (now) but still.  Still what, I don't know.

Yup, I've been reading the metamessage in every body language micro-expression between those two and it's almost like watching Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco on "Big Bang Theory".......They act like a couple, and it goes beyond acting.  There's a level of comfort and familiarity there and you just knowwwwww they've been together IRL (in real life) before.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Albino said:

Ana doesn't bother me - she's not going to win anyway - but Tregaye?  Can she please just DIAF?  So sick of the her sassy black stereotype, her stupid fluttery fingers, her posturing, her constant face-making, her manufactured fleekiness and her general belief that she is so much better than all the other cooks that they should just quit.  Glad the judges hated her and Damiano's presentation.  Because with Tregaye...it's not about the food...it's all about Tregaye.  It's a shame her food is so good. .

With you on Tregaye. She acts like she's 14. And I hate to say it yet again, but this show was better with Bob and Susie, because they would've totally ripped Tregaye and Damiano for that clown act. So it's supposed to be a cooking presentation, but you can sing a stupid song, juggle bottles, not say anything about your food and still not wind up in the bottom? I don't care how good Tregaye's food was. They totally ignored the challenge and one of them (logically Damiano) should've gotten bounced. But yet again, as we've seen all season, as long as you get the judges laughing you're safe.

I'm also done with Jennard. Do we need to hear every single week about his 9 kids. And when Erin said "little stick" and Jennard said "she's not talking about me," I just cringed. What is this, Bevis and Butthead? This season is starting to make Lenny look classy.

I would not be surprised to see Joy return and win this thing. I don't enjoy her southern shtick, and her food seems pretty blah, but I can't see any of the remaining five winning. Of the final five, I would actually be most likely to watch Ana, because with some coaching (and the miracle of video editing) she could be a decent host of a cooking show. But the others all have personalities that would be such a huge turn off for me.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 7

I don't like anybody!! Usually there is someone to root for, if only as the lesser of evils, but this season they're all varying degrees of obnoxious or inept.  I'm not one who dislikes Damiano overall, but the whining and complaining over every challenge is getting old.  Jernard mentions his nine kids like they're proof of something great...what, that he can produce sperm?  Not relevant to the competition.  I loathe Ana, almost threw something at my TV when I learned that Erin would be a part of the cast (that perkiness wears thin for me real fast, and I hated when she won the Holiday Baking Championship), and Lil Miss "Popping on Fleek" Tregaye drives me mad!!  There is not one of these people whose win would even be a "Well, at least it wasn't So-and-So" moment for me.  At this point, I can only hope Yaku or Monterey or even Joy comes back and wins this thing.

• Love 10

I miss Yaku and his beard of sequins. 

I finally figured out why Erin pisses me off. It's her underbite.

I just watched the episode, and have to collect my thoughts. But I'm not actually rooting for anyone this season. They're all so annoying. I'm just glad that Husband Eddie got another show. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Drama?  Plus she'll actually verbalize those delusional barbs like she did at the end of this episode...very Housewife lines.  She's playing her role.  Look for her to be eliminated in 2 weeks but pop up as a guest judge on Chopped: Spicy Latina Famewhore Edition.

..or her own show on Cooking Channel..probably may also give Tregaye a "runner-up" show on CC if she doesnt win

I didn't particularly love Yaku or Monterey, but I'd gladly watch a show with either or both of them (or Joy) rather than watch anyone that's left.  I don't think they really care if they have a real winner this year.  They have enough stars right now so I'm figuring this season might be for pure entertainment.  Unfortunately even as entertainment only it's not very good.

• Love 2

Tregaye needs to go (since she is so annoying), but I have a feeling she's going to stick around until the end.  Not sure if she's going to come out as the winner.  As much as I like these longer-term competitive shows, I find that like The Bachelor(ette) and its ilks, there's The Annoying One, The Sexy One (Ana?  Perhaps Damiano (well, some women/gay men might find him hot.  He's kind of himbo-ish to me)), The Dumb One (Joy), etc...

You know, they might keep Damiano around as well.  The Food Network, now basically saturated with competitive shows and Shows Featuring Guy Fierri (yes, it has to be capitalized, LOL!), there really aren't many focusing on international/"ethnic" cooking.  I'm not even sure if I can think of any other than David Rocco's show(s).  And that's in repeats.  Nor do I think it airs outside of Food Network Canada.

• Love 2

The writers are so out of steam now I don't see how they can think they can pull this off for another season.  Just bring Monterey back and declare her the winner and get it over with.

BTW, I noted last week that in their promo slide Flay appeared to be experiencing testicular torture. Now I see they re-cropped that slide to pretty much cut him out altogether and just leave us starting at Giada's gleaming grill.  The awesome power of P.tv - use it only for good, people.

• Love 1

I have been getting the feeling with Jennard (Jernard? Jernald?) that TPTB have been pushing him hard to be that edgy slightly blue guy who had nine kids and never lets anyone forget it ... I don't think he's just naturally a jerk but I think they're nudging him into that "role" and reminding him that he won't "make it" through if he doesn't show that personality.  My guess is they went from the "nine kids" angle and took it from there.

Also, re: Yaku (who I thought went WAAAAAY too soon), someone mentioned that they'd be surprised to see two black men winning back-to-back and I not only agree with that (sadly) but also recall that didn't "also MY husband Eddie" originally have the POV of the Caribbean and Jamaican flavors and they made him change it to BBQ because it wasn't accessible enough or whatever?  And isn't Yaku's POV pretty much the same as Eddie's was before they made him change it?  So I'm thinking either they like Yaku enough to come up with another POV for him, or they've decided that maybe they DO need that kind of show, or, most likely, they'll fall back on thinking it's not a viable POV to boot him (if he makes it back from Salvation Station or whatever it's called) and will have an excuse that has nothing to do with his actual, you know, talent.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

For the love of god, I don't even think I've seen that many teeth in my OWN mouth, let alone on someone on TV. 

How is Bobby suddenly all about cooking, not personality, but when it was Dom last season, it was screen presence? Interesting how that's working with Ana. And let's be honest, none of these people are going to get an actual COOKING show. Eddie certainly didn't. He tasted other people's cooking, and judges children's cooking. Children who could cook and have shows that would run circles around any of these people any day.

Tregaye and Genard both annoy the hell out of me. They both rely on schtick. Damiano gets douchier by the episode. Erin gets to be too much after about 7 minutes. Ana is a bitch and I can't even see her doing a dine and drive show. This season might just be the final nail in this show. 

• Love 4

I think Bobby is confused about what show he's judging. This isn't Top Chef, it has nothing to do with finding the best cook. It has everything to do with pretending to find the next great on air personality and there is absolutely NO justification in keeping Ana on a competition about finding on air talent. The woman sucks at being charming, or personable or interesting. Hell, she's not even being an entertaining villain. She' just there, boring the shit out of me and annoying the crap out of me at the same time. (who needs Dulcolax when we've got Ana? haha. Sorry, I just realized I use a lot of poop comparisons).

I am loathe to agree with Little Big Head but she is right, this is about personality. These people can be taught to sell a recipe but Ana can't be taught to have personality. Because apparently when she tries, it turns into a sad drunk soccer mom desperate to entertain her teen sons guy friends to feel sexy and relevant.

It's funny because Demaris could get a little bawdy but it came off as awkwardly charming to me but Ana just seems desperate. I actually adored Demaris. I can't stand Ana. I'd take over the top Tregaye over Ana because at least she's fun to laugh at.

• Love 8

Very uncomfortable in this episode with Erin baring her soul.

Why is this important?

Was Bobby telling us his deep dark secret that his mom fed him TV dinners the same thing?

And Giada, will you tell us what you did to your body to make you look like a freak of nature?

I feel like the only one that actually wants on show is Tregaye which is unfortunate, because she's over the top obnoxious most of the time.

• Love 4
(edited)

I watched Joy and Ana's demo. again this morning and it was clear to me that Ana was the problem there.  She was the one "arguing" - Joy was just trying to get things back on the track of describing the dessert, which would not have been approached if not for her trying to interject it, but Ana wouldn't have it.  I agree with Giada - I can't believe that Bobby thinks Joy has been inconsistent with regard to presentation.  She has always NAILED it if you ask me.  Meanwhile Ana was unbelievably bad.  Her lack of ability in front of a camera more than cancels out her cooking ability.  It looks like some of the others agree, like Damiano that Joy should not have been the one to go home.  Bobby must be seriously into Ana and unable to be objective if you ask me.  When he's not thinking with his "little head" even Bobby knows it's not all about the food on this show.  Sure, he approved of Dom on his food, but I'm sure he knew that even Dom had a better personality than Ana.  Just about anyone from this season and last has a better personality than Ana.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 14