Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Thicker Than Water

• Start Topic

It is so unfair that I have a meeting, so I'll have to wait for HOURS before I can listen to this. Anyone's got something to take the edge off? Just to tide me over?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Nanna said:

It is so unfair that I have a meeting, so I'll have to wait for HOURS before I can listen to this. Anyone's got something to take the edge off? Just to tide me over?

Maybe a ring tone of "DAVID!" could help?  With an orange juice chaser?

Casting did a good job in finding a sister for Dylan, they look a lot of like, same coloring, and in the pool pics, similar face shape. But, Dylan gets his coloring from Iris, not blond Jack, so, way to misunderstand genetics, casting people.

As a parent, the biggest worry is that something happens "on my watch".  Unless I was hit by tranq dart, it would be my fault.  Isn't Erin the victim of her idiot family?  Mel dumps her with a fever and heads to Cabo.  David falls asleep and she wanders off.  Doesn't Kelly almost let her drown in the bathtub?

Dylan is so dumb. I know hindsight is 20/20, but Suzanne pretty much outed herself as a scam artist right here. Real smooth, with your "how the hell did you find out about THAT?" That's classic, like when my college roommate in the dorms busted her boyfriend cheating on her back home with a "I know all about Sheila." And then Suzanne has the balls to double down and appeal to Dylan's douchey nature by telling him Erica might not even be Jack's kid, whatever. Odd that after all this, Dylan's response is "It's fine, take all my money, sketchy stranger who even admits Jack may not even be her kid's father!" We all should have seen it coming, like Jim Walsh definitely did. I guess the silver lining is that we get to see Dylan get screwed over, don't have to feel bad about it, and then this all leads to the awesome duo of Jonesy and Valerie next year.

• Love 2

Casting did a good job in finding a sister for Dylan, they look a lot of like, same coloring, and in the pool pics, similar face shape. But, Dylan gets his coloring from Iris, not blond Jack, so, way to misunderstand genetics, casting people.

She certainly has the same fivehead as Dylan.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

As a parent, the biggest worry is that something happens "on my watch".  Unless I was hit by tranq dart, it would be my fault.  Isn't Erin the victim of her idiot family?  Mel dumps her with a fever and heads to Cabo.  David falls asleep and she wanders off.  Doesn't Kelly almost let her drown in the bathtub?

Poor Erin. No wonder she ended up filming a sex tape with while on a bi-polar rampage. Kid never stood a chance.

• Love 3

Doesn't Dylan even try to screw Valerie out of her cut? He really doesn't deserve any money and should have been a regular starving student. Get a J-O-B plus free burgers from Nat.

(edited)

OMFG, I can't fucking wait for Jonesy. There has to be some sort of backstory as to how that guy, basically the dickbag brother of Pete Hornberger, ended up on this program. What coked out writer's room was like "We haven't done a sketchy PI yet, let's get on that!"

Also Valerie is mad hot in those episodes. Well, all episodes. ETA except when she's giving the David the don't kill yourself speech. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE

Doesn't Dylan even try to screw Valerie out of her cut? He really doesn't deserve any money and should have been a regular starving student. Get a J-O-B plus free burgers from Nat.

He only gave her $10,000, but because Val is SMART she knew that they recovered around $8 million and Jonesy got half (I remember he got half because when he told Dylan that's what he wanted Dylan was all "Half? What are we, married????" and that always makes me chuckle.) She assumed the $10,000 was some sort of down payment. When Dylan balked she went to Jonesy, and I think he gave her some cash in exchange for a favor later, which later involved her going undercover as a prostitute. I hate that story.

(edited)

Not sure if this was covered- but in regard to Rex's shitty boom $killz, have TV Safe Areas been discussed? Older TVs didn't show the whole frame. If Rex made -one of his MANY- mistakes, it's possible they said "fuck it, the TV wont show it".

Then again, they had like 30 episode seasons sooo....

Edited by switchitup420

Okay, so I posted this in the previous episode but it probably belongs here:

And seeing as how Ohhhhhhhn-drea was busting out her overnight pre-med knowledge by telling the doctor what wasn't wrong with her, she's clearly going to be a shitty M.D. when she can't even figure out that she's fucking pregnant.  God!  

Also, back in 1993 I don't think you got your HIV results in 24 hours.  Of course this is that bastion of education, C.U., where you can basically get your degree driving by the school and honking.

Seriously.  And listening to the clip in the podcast, WTF was up with that doctor's voice?  When she said "Ohhhhhhhn-drea . . . (cue quasi-dramatic pause) . . . you're pregnant . . . " it's so gaspy and smoooooth, it's like this CU doctor works the 900 number that Steve calls while filling in for David at the radio station.

Am I the only one that thinks Erica looks about 9?  Like Sarah said, all 12 year old girls know what to do and are carrying around equipment waiting for that album to drop.  Or at least know where to acquire said equipment.  Erica barely knows Dylan - - it would make more sense for her to ask the lady who threatens to call security on Dylan than hide in a locker.  God, this show.

I am extremely disappointed that Cindy let Brenda sit there and eat out of the peanut butter jar with her fingers.  Just gross.  Something we'd expect from old Brandon but Brenda?  Just ugh.

I actually love the Beret of Addiction.  It's so cheesy and over the top, it makes me gleeful.  The Hillsters don't mess around; when they are going to become addicts, they do it right and lock that shit down in under a week.  Rehab works that way too, in case you're interested. I love how the show totally ripped itself off a few seasons later when Donna went to visit her father's doctor office to steal drugs from him.  Anyhow, I digress.  I guess seeing David and his Beret of Addiction passed on a park bench in a children's park was not alarming at all since no one apparently was concerned about it until Kelly showed back up from her mystery appointment.  Also, way to go, LAPD or Beverly Hills PD . . . a child wanders off after her custodian says he fell asleep and no one at least threatens to call CPS?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I have an 11 year old (boy) and he doesn't make pictures or color or do any of that baby stuff that Erica is doing.  My 5 yr old does A LITTLE so Sarah's age reference is spot on.  And I'm sure unless Erica was homeschooled, all her friends talk about periods and she knows what it is. 

I agree with the CPS issue too.  Don't the cops even just shrug the whole thing and say it "isn't anyone's fault"? Really??? You freaking FALL ASLEEP at a park and a young child wanders off and it's just an accident? Granted, people were not as helicopter as they are now.  If it were now, 14 people would be video taping the whole thing on facebook and calling the cops.  Nancy Grace would be all over this.

And the rapid descent into addiction is wonderful- I love it.  If you're gonna do a drug, just go balls to the wall, full addict.  However only non-hillsters who do drugs are looked down upon (Valerie, Dick who died, etc).

• Love 1

I think with Val doing drugs, it was funny how Brandon never really cared that much about her smoking weed. Kelly was the narc. And I don't think David really looked down on Valerie. 

Erica. Why did she exist? Worst. She's like a 12 year old trapped in a 9 year old's body with the brain of like a 7 year old. 

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:34 AM, SoupThrower said:

I think with Val doing drugs, it was funny how Brandon never really cared that much about her smoking weed. Kelly was the narc. And I don't think David really looked down on Valerie. 

Erica. Why did she exist? Worst. She's like a 12 year old trapped in a 9 year old's body with the brain of like a 7 year old. 

No wonder why Val always got along with the guys better than Kelly and her ilk.

As I'm listening to today's podcast, I'm wondering if Kelly's judgment of Val's pot smoking has to do with Kelly's experience with drugs through Jackie.  She seems hyper sensitive to drugs and the need to have "tough love" quickly.  Although, this goes out the window with her own drug abuse later on. 

As for Erica, it seems that many child actors are petite as it let's them play younger more believably. Maybe my view of her is skewed since this is before the Disney-School-of-Acting that I see now on any tween show.  I guess she thinks she's playing cutesy and sweet vs. developmentally delayed.