Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The phone booth has a false back which is the door to the Pandora's box room. 

"In preseason exec producer Grodner said to expect the return of the room used for Pandora’s Box and the Coaches’ quarters. So right there I’d say we’ve got our secret room location."  

Yeah, probably so...what a bummer.  I don't want to re-visit an already discovered secret room.  I was hoping they built a new one.  According to the BB floor plan, there's a lot of little nooks and crannies they could use to build room.  

3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

It is more about what is the secret that it holds and what does it do for the finder's game.  The location is not that important. 

If I was a HG I would agree.  But as a viewer, it's all about the hunt, ...sleuthing and finding a secret entrance that leads to undiscovered territory. 

10 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Yeah, probably so...what a bummer.  I don't want to re-visit an already discovered secret room.  I was hoping they built a new one.  According to the BB floor plan, there's a lot of little nooks and crannies they could use to build room.  

Those are all production areas though, the mirrors with camera tracks behind them, etc.

11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Those are all production areas though, the mirrors with camera tracks behind them, etc.

Anything's possible with a little ingenuity. ;)

Nicole is whiny, Day is missing, Paul and Paulie are talking too much and very loud.  Natalie's flirty little girl voice and vapid talk is driving me up the wall, Z is fixated on Paulie and cares nothing about the game.   I am becoming fond of Victor.  I see potential in him to shake things up, find the secret room and win comps like a mad thing.  

(edited)

This is a cheap assed CBS summer show.  They FINALLY put in a new pool and hot tub, but haven't changed the house in years and years.

So of course they would use the same area they always use.  Michelle was a fool to ignore the banging, assuming it is just a Pandora's box is extremely lazy game play.

Talking about Vets pay, he spells out 2-0 pre jury and 2-5 after jury.

giphy.gif 

Edited by Umbelina
(edited)

OMG - Paulie's hair looks like the way Manny, Ellie and Peaches wear their hair in the Ice Age movies.

ETA: I was looking at the pix again, and he's also got the same blank look on his face, the kind of "no-one's home" eyes.

images.jpg

images2.jpgimageproxy.php.png

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 14
(edited)

I want to send the producer, who is on duty today, a Hickory Farms gift basket.   Paul bragging at a decibel level that requires ear muffs, Natalie telling James what she wants in life. ie: I want to be on the cover of a magazine once.  I won't bother you with more, you get the gist. 

Edited by wings707
(edited)

The reason they replaced part of the departure board is because part of it fell down. No "clue" for the houseguests to suddenly look for something they haven't been told by Julie about, unlike the viewers. This is after one of the shades in the backyard fell on Paul's head. Basically, the house is a piece of crap.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Umbelina said:

It's Big Brother.  You look around.  You count everything in the house.  You look for anything that has changed.  This is just good game play.  When Julie says "more secrets" or whatever she said?  You do it all again. 

Remember other houseguests counting every bead, every square in wall paper, every flower? 

So, yeah.  I think they are all lazy.

Agree!  I have yet to see anyone sitting in one spot counting, memorizing etc.

• Love 1

Yeah, even if they didn't get Julie telling them "more secrets to be revealed" those questions can come up during a comp. 

Frank just mentioned he thought there might be a hidden POV, according to another board.

Natalie continuing to tell James that Paulie is shady and that Nicole is playing all sides of the house.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Yeah, even if they didn't get Julie telling them "more secrets to be revealed" those questions can come up during a comp. 

They really don't though. In recent years at least there have not been comps with questions like, "How many pillows are in the house?" or anything like that. I kinda wish they'd do that though.

For some reason this reminded me of the bullshit F4 HOH question in BB9 about anyone left in the house being related that fucked Sharon over.

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

There is speculation that the air quality due to nearby fires is delaying this comp.

I was figuring the comp would be late because of the heat. And yea with that fire situation too it's definitely gonna be a late comp. Which sucks because I'm not about to stay up all night again!

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Natalie continuing to tell James that Paulie is shady and that Nicole is playing all sides of the house.

Well I am glad to hear she is off her insane girly voice talk earlier (to James) and realizes there is a game to be played.  I lost hope this afternoon.   I think Nicole is someone who would work with them.  Yes she is staying light on her feet which is a plus for James and Natalie.  It shows she is not a Paulie devotee.  That may be valuable to them when they realize they are on the bottom of that alliance. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
(edited)

Natalie was also telling James that she has to play dumb with the guys and be overly nice with the girls. Natalie is playing the game. She just doesn't have any real power so it's not like she can be super aggressive strategically.  

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Well I am glad to hear she is off her insane girly voice talk earlier (to James) and realizes there is a game to be played.  I lost hope this afternoon.   I think Nicole is someone who would work with them.  Yes she is staying light on her feet which is a plus for James and Natalie.  It shows she is not a Paulie devotee.  That may be valuable to them when they realize they are on the bottom of that alliance. 

Oddly enough, as annoying as I find Nicole's whining, Zak and Michelle annoy me a lot more. Unfortunately, the only way I see Nicole working with James and Natalie is if Zak and Corey are both gone. I noticed this in season 16, but Nicole does come off better without bitchy mean girls. Once Nicole got rid of Christine, she was likeable for me. I don't think Nicole's that close with Michelle, but Nicole is close with Zak. Once Zak goes, though, as well as Corey, I think Nicole would be more willing to help out James and Natalie, if they're both still in the game. 

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oddly enough, as annoying as I find Nicole's whining, Zak and Michelle annoy me a lot more. Unfortunately, the only way I see Nicole working with James and Natalie is if Zak and Corey are both gone. I noticed this in season 16, but Nicole does come off better without bitchy mean girls. Once Nicole got rid of Christine, she was likeable for me. I don't think Nicole's that close with Michelle, but Nicole is close with Zak. Once Zak goes, though, as well as Corey, I think Nicole would be more willing to help out James and Natalie, if they're both still in the game. 

I like Nicole and I can over look her faults more easily than others. Her secure self is quite solid and enjoyable. I don't particularly like either Michele or Z.  If James could align with both Cory and Nicole they would have a good solid 4 to start.  I would not be surprised to hear Cory might be for up for that.  At some point they have to realize the majority alliance is too big.  

Nicole will go before Cory unless something changes.  

Edited by wings707
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Nicole will go before Cory unless something changes.  

The reminded me, earlier Frank was talking to Nicole in the SR and he said the the boys were gonna cut her before each other. I hope she actually thinks about that.

IMO Nicole's obsession with Corey is just as bad as Z's with Paulie because it is SO clear that Corey doesn't really want Nicole. Although if they really did do something under the covers then I guess I could see why she thinks there's more there.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

For some reason this reminded me of the bullshit F4 HOH question in BB9 about anyone left in the house being related that fucked Sharon over.

Those fucking guinea pigs. I will forever rage about those fucking guinea pigs. Because anyone would assume that two guinea pigs in the house would be considered a pre-existing relationship, right? Gah!

Sorry, that always brings up a whole host of feels. 

• Love 7
Just now, Callaphera said:

Those fucking guinea pigs. I will forever rage about those fucking guinea pigs. Because anyone would assume that two guinea pigs in the house would be considered a pre-existing relationship, right? Gah!

I feel like ultimately that might be the thing that most pisses me off from this show.. Like sure reinstating the duos twist was insane, cancelling the eviction to save Frank was ridiculous, but like seriously that guinea pig thing was just a whole other level.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like ultimately that might be the thing that most pisses me off from this show.. Like sure reinstating the duos twist was insane, cancelling the eviction to save Frank was ridiculous, but like seriously that guinea pig thing was just a whole other level.

If I were ever on the show and a question came up like that, I would probably automatically pad my answer by one number just because of those fucking guinea pigs. This season? "How many siblings of former HGs were in the house this year?" Three. Paulie, Tiffany, and one of the fish, because they totally count, right? I guess you could argue the ants, too, but there's too many to count.

• Love 4
Just now, wings707 said:

Probably best for you guys to breathe through a paper bag right now. 

Ha! This is the ninth season since then and it still bothers me. I'm beyond a paper bag when the fucking guinea pigs get mentioned. Tequila would probably work better. 

• Love 1
(edited)

He is eating a PB sandwich is the correct thing to do before a physical comp.  He is going for it. 

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Ha! This is the ninth season since then and it still bothers me. I'm beyond a paper bag when the fucking guinea pigs get mentioned. Tequila would probably work better. 

Whatever works. :^)

ETA. I missed that season because we took the boys on a cross country trip in a rented camper for a month spanning July and August before smart phones, of course.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Natalie also told James that Nicole is secretly working with Frank.

She is wrong.  Nicole will if it serves her and that is smart. She is the only one who is keeping her options open. James should be doing that too.  No vet will win sitting next to a newbie.  Now is the time for them to circle the wagons and stick together.  Day doesn't see this either. 

James and Natalie should be out socializing.  The lack of traffic in the HOH should tell James he is out of the loop.  There have been a few gatherings but nothing like it usually is. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nicole is one wrong move from being busted playing all sides. She's a prime double eviction boot. It can't come soon enough. She's a pathetic dog in heat. 

I cant say I'm surprised. She was awful her first season. Let's not forget she let Derrick screw her over not once but twice. This is her third try and she's still clueless. 

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Day would be an absolute fool to try to work with Nicole and Frank. She's dumb, but she's not that dumb!

It isn't about committing to it now.  Just keep an eye out and know that things are going to change and quickly. Day has burned too many bridges for it to work at this point.  She could work to change things but it wouldn't fly.  I hate it when no one gets it that they have to be fluid. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Nicole is one wrong move from being busted playing all sides. She's a prime double eviction be boot. It can't come soon enough. She's a pathetic dog in heat. 

She is also a vote and that cannot be ignored.  I would not dismiss her if I were in there. 

Frank had a moment earlier with Bridgette where he said he would rather put up Nicole than Day. 

I'm starting to wonder if Victor is immune from going OTB this wekk. Haven't heard anyone suggest his name which is really odd. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, diana said:

How will they show After Dark if they're doing Veto?

Either we will get to see the comp or they will repeat the primetime episodes as they have in recent seasons.

Frank went on a rant about production and saying he can't win out and wanted some special power, that if he's first in jury, he'll make it hell, and grab the remote and not let go, watch nothing but netflix and to hell with anyone else, etc.

Hey, it's the return of the NotGayCorey! You see, when he doesn't speak, he is easily the most attractive guy in the house, followed by now Victor. Paulie used to be third, but his haircut makes him look like a paintbrush. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hey, it's the return of the NotGayCorey! You see, when he doesn't speak, he is easily the most attractive guy in the house, followed by now Victor. Paulie used to be third, but his haircut makes him look like a paintbrush. 

I paint, don't insult my tools.  Toilet brush perhaps.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I paint, don't insult my tools.  Toilet brush perhaps.  

Maybe toilet brush is a better comparison. I don't know; Paulie's new 'do makes him look like something, and I've been trying to find the right object, and it's on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't place it!

• Love 1