Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

They didn't choose HOH from who won at the last comp. The HOH was the last person on the winning team who crossed over. 

Thanks.  I spaced that.  I thought it was like the first HOH comp.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)

A smart move for Day would be to tell Frank they cannot be seen hanging out together because she wants the girls to trust her so she can learn what is going on with them.  Frank would buy that because they bonded over both wanting Tiff out.  He is convinced she is with the Vets.  

And tell the girls that she will have to spend some time with the 8 alliance/Frank to keep tabs on their moves. 

She is smart but I am not sure how savvy she is with strategy and finessing. 

Edited by wings707
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

A smart move for Day would be to tell Frank they cannot be seen hanging out together because she wants the girls to trust her so she can learn what is going on with them.  Frank would buy that because they bonded over both wanting Tiff out.  He is convinced she is with the Vets.  

I think it would be a smart move for Day right up to the point when Frank realizes she's not giving him any information she allegedly learns from the other side.  After that, Frank would wise up real quick to the all girl alliance since girls have been trying to do that for many seasons on Big Brother.

Day did talk about it with Nicole very briefly last night, but Nicole was very hard to read on it.  Nicole seemed hesitant.  I think Day wants to jump on board, but she's running numbers and knows she needs Nicole.

• Love 1
(edited)

Thanks vb68.  After watching BBAD and catching up on twitter, just now,  the girls A is very loose and still in the early stages of organization.  It is too early to expect them to have any traction.  

Nicole would be foolish to commit this soon.  She is in a good position with everyone at the moment.  

Cute that Paul said he understands why Hayden fell in love with her because she is adorable.  Sure, she is a wimp who whines too much but I do have a soft spot for her.  When she is hanging with the HGs and being her relaxed self she presents a sweet, self confidence and is kind.  I see why men would be drawn to her.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

I think that deep down Paul is a cool guy, he just needs to figure that out.  He's so young and I see him presenting different personas for different groups of people.  Too bad his first group was Jozea's crew :/.  I also think living in LA has made him take on the rebel / bad boy/ edgy thing.  Lets face it, he is a short, average looking dude wanting to stand out in a city where EVERYONE was to stand out. He is a cameleon who adapts to any environment, which shows me that is very smart, socially aware and very articulate.  Especially  for a 23 year old.  

• Love 12

I think this girls alliance will be made or broken with the next HOH. If Tiff or a Spy girl wins, the alliance will become fully formed. If another dude wins, a girl is gone and they'll be forced to compete against each other. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, J.D. said:

I know I stand alone here, but I think Frank is playing a good game. 

I don't think he's playing a bad game. I think he's playing a predictable game and he's playing it a little too transparently, which is why people have already caught on to it.

1 hour ago, Ceeg said:

They didn't choose HOH from who won at the last comp. The HOH was the last person on the winning team who crossed over. 

I thought that once they had all the berries they decided amongst themselves who would be HOH and then that person had to go back and get the special berry and bring it back to win HOH.

1 hour ago, J.D. said:

I think it would be a smart move for Day right up to the point when Frank realizes she's not giving him any information she allegedly learns from the other side.  After that, Frank would wise up real quick to the all girl alliance since girls have been trying to do that for many seasons on Big Brother.

Girls don't try for an all girl alliance like ever. But also as of right now Frank is very blind to the fact that the women are contemplating banding together. Paulie was worrying about there being more women already and that they might team up and Frank assured him that it would never happen because Day and Nicole 'don't think that way.' I would laugh for days if Day and Nicole organized Frank's eviction. Though tbh it would probably be pretty stupid on their part. At least in the near future.

15 minutes ago, Christi said:

I think that deep down Paul is a cool guy, he just needs to figure that out.  He's so young and I see him presenting different personas for different groups of people.  Too bad his first group was Jozea's crew :/.  I also think living in LA has made him take on the rebel / bad boy/ edgy thing.  Lets face it, he is a short, average looking dude wanting to stand out in a city where EVERYONE was to stand out. He is a cameleon who adapts to any environment, which shows me that is very smart, socially aware and very articulate.  Especially  for a 23 year old.  

Paul is only 23?! I'm not surprsied based on his personality but he sure looks older. I guess it's the beard. But also I agree with what you have to say about him. And I gotta give him mad props because he is killing the social game this week. 

51 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Day did talk about it with Nicole very briefly last night, but Nicole was very hard to read on it.  Nicole seemed hesitant.  I think Day wants to jump on board, but she's running numbers and knows she needs Nicole.

I can't get a real read on Nicole with regards to how she really feels about working with the women. In BB16 she had such a problem with women so I might be unfairly judging her based on that. But I think she's really close to Corey (which is embarrassing imo!) so I could see her not going for it based on that alone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

This from twitter.  Tiffany has her work cut out for her!  Natalie is not as sharp as some my think! LOL

Morty Port

10 hrs · 

‪#‎BB18‬ 11:20PM BBT: Natalie tells Bridgette and Bronte about Frank and James being in the storage room when everyone was upstairs. "They are together." Natalie concludes. "We might have to save Victor possibly." Bridgette: "I think we need Tiffany cause she will take a swing at Frank." Natalie: "We need all of the girls in this house to come together." Bronte: "Zakiyah is not going against Paulie, they're in full on showmance. Who is Paulie taking down? Paul?" Tiffany: "Probably but just because he did that favor of not picking Victor." Bronte: "Makes sense." Tiffany: "I have something else to talk to you about. Potential good news for us moving forward, I'll talk to you guys in a minute after I'm done in the DR."

17 minutes ago, Christi said:

He's a hottie without the beard.  I think he should shave it because good looks (ahem...Paulie) seems to get people far in the game.

• Love 3

Could somebody tell me about that stupid story/riddle/game thing was that Victor was playing?  What was the answer regarding the doctor who cut off his hand and sent it to somebody and they sent it back and he knew what was in the package but didn't open it and threw it away.  I fell asleep.

Thanks!

Also, if I was in that house for more than 2 hours I would kill myself.  That is all.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Could somebody tell me about that stupid story/riddle/game thing was that Victor was playing?  What was the answer regarding the doctor who cut off his hand and sent it to somebody and they sent it back and he knew what was in the package but didn't open it and threw it away.  I fell asleep.

Thanks!

Also, if I was in that house for more than 2 hours I would kill myself.  That is all.

The guy was a doctor and was on a cruise ship that sinks, the only way people could survive with no food was if each person cut off their non-dominant hand to eat so they didn't starve. The doctor was the only one that didn't cut off his hand because he was needed to perform the surgery on each person so they didn't die. After they were rescued, the doctor had his own hand cut off as a sign of respect to his survivor friends. He sent his hand to each one, who returned it to him. When he receives the package at the end, he throws it out.

Utterly ridiculous and impossible to guess!  A good riddle is suppose to make you realize at the end that the solution was obvious. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Lol I was watching bbad and the cute to commercial when he was 'splainin it!

I did a fladhback on the feeds...Victor made him tell the story before anyone guessed.  Victor was SO IRRITATED he couldnt figure it out...lol

I don't get it. How would you figure out that the guy sent his hand? 

It reminds me of when Johnny Carson did a bit on an episode where he had Ed, Doc and Tom visually illustrate a riddle that Johnny had recently read, but Johnny translated the riddle incorrectly so it didn't make any sense. 

I would be bored out of my mind in the house.  

Is the backyard off limits during the night?  I never see anyone out there in the wee hours.  That's where I would be, if allowed.  After being couped up in the house with a bunch of people plotting against one another (yes, I know that is the game...but still), I would welcome those quiet, solitary moments of sitting outside in the backyard while the rest of them are asleep.  Thinking..... just thinking.

Tom-A-toe, tom- AH-toe, peachy.  Correction to my earlier post where I said, ".... girls have been trying to do that [create an all girl alliance] for many seasons ....."  I guess I should have said "talking about" as opposed to "trying to."  They do this every season but it never goes anywhere.  Usually, one of the girls runs to the guys and tells them what's going on in the hopes it will gain their trust, but all the guys do is use the knowledge to their own advantage and cast the 'teller' aside for being an disloyal snitch.   Either way, Frank's not blind to it.  He and the guys were discussing the possibility of it just yesterday.

(edited)

I liked the riddle Frank told.  What do you put in a barrel to make it lighter?  

Jozea!

Sorry, I mean a hole, not an a-hole!

Edited by Brian Cronin
Added quote to make it clear who I was responding to
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Is the backyard off limits during the night?  I never see anyone out there in the wee hours.  That's where I would be, if allowed.  After being couped up in the house with a bunch of people plotting

The temperature goes down into the 50s at night.  

(edited)

Just now. Michele to Nic. James told Michele there were shot callers in the house but would not say who.  Why would he want say that.  It is obvious that Frank is one who is calling the shots. 

James say he wants to take some of the blame for Victor.  Says this to James.  What? 

Edited by wings707
(edited)
1 hour ago, J.D. said:

I would be bored out of my mind in the house.  

Is the backyard off limits during the night?  I never see anyone out there in the wee hours.  That's where I would be, if allowed.  After being couped up in the house with a bunch of people plotting against one another (yes, I know that is the game...but still), I would welcome those quiet, solitary moments of sitting outside in the backyard while the rest of them are asleep.  Thinking..... just thinking.

The HGs get put on indoor lockdown when the backyard is being used to set up or take down comps. Last night, they were probably still taking down the Veto comp set up. Since that was our last comp of the BB week, it'll be reopened soon and left open until they need to set up for this week's live show and HoH comp. 

I wish they still casted smokers. Or more smokers (since Jason last season smoked). I know it must suck to slap a nicotine patch on when it's indoor lockdown for awhile but I miss the old gathering on the outdoor couches and strategy talking while people puffed away.

ETA: Just saw some interesting tweets from Heath Luman, the guy who does the comps. In regards to BB Roadkill and how long the feeds are down for it, he responded: "Trying to make it go quicker. I'll look into possibility of opening feeds for those not playing."

Also, in response to why we didn't see the end of the HoH comp this week: "I think the plan is close feeds for short hold overs, open for longer endurance types."

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

The guy was a doctor and was on a cruise ship that sinks, the only way people could survive with no food was if each person cut off their non-dominant hand to eat so they didn't starve. The doctor was the only one that didn't cut off his hand because he was needed to perform the surgery on each person so they didn't die. After they were rescued, the doctor had his own hand cut off as a sign of respect to his survivor friends. He sent his hand to each one, who returned it to him. When he receives the package at the end, he throws it out.

Utterly ridiculous and impossible to guess!  A good riddle is suppose to make you realize at the end that the solution was obvious. 

Yeah, that just sounds like a weird story, not a riddle.

I had asked Heath back at the beginning of June if we were ever getting Pressure Cooker back and he said "That would be awesome right?". I'm assuming it's probably a no, but he didn't out right deny it. So I have hope haha. 

I am really liking this All Girls thing, but Tiffany just has to be VERY CAREFUL. She is on the block, I don't want Frank getting a whiff of it and then she's the one talking to Julie next week. I actually think that Day was serious about it, she sounded really excited at the prospect of all girls in the house, because that has never been done before. I keep going back and forth on Day and her obsession with Tiffany, but I think she's come to the realization that Tiffany is the one that she can use to get Frank out. So I think she's will possibly back down on her Tiffany vendetta at least for a bit. Hopefully. 

I am going to the Live Eviction taping this Thursday, and I said to my friend if Frank/Day flip this and Tiffany leaves I'm storming the House Door and screaming at Day & Frank hahahaha

• Love 13

From twitter:

James- I see a lot of her (Tiffany's) game strategy the same as Vanessa. Paulie- That's what I'm saying #BB18

How?? What exactly has Tiffany done in this game that is similar to Vanessa's game? They're blinded by their physical mannerisms that are similar. Vanessa wasn't a target of anyone at this point last season, she'd already won an HOH, and she was in three solid legit alliances who had allegiance to her. Tiffany, meanwhile, hasn't won anything, she's on the block, and she's been mentioned as a target by everyone except Natalie and Bridgette. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I had asked Heath back at the beginning of June if we were ever getting Pressure Cooker back and he said "That would be awesome right?". I'm assuming it's probably a no, but he didn't out right deny it. So I have hope haha. 

Didn't he say last season that he brought it up with the producers but they weren't keen on it? It's probably the most requested comp from all the fans. It's the one I would want to see the most. 

Random questions: How pissed is Zakiyah that she's a Have Not while Paulie is HoH and she can't sleep up there with him? And how thankful are all of us that Paul is a Have Not while telling his little "riddle" last night, because he couldn't drink and do his fake drunk voice again?

Zakiyah just told Day they have to get rid of Tiffany soon. She's threatened by her relationship with Paulie and thinks Paulie will try to protect Tiffany. Lawd. I want to like Zakiyah, but I'm not here for petty thinly veiled jealousy over a dude. 

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Just saw some interesting tweets from Heath Luman, the guy who does the comps. In regards to BB Roadkill and how long the feeds are down for it, he responded: "Trying to make it go quicker. I'll look into possibility of opening feeds for those not playing."

Also, in response to why we didn't see the end of the HoH comp this week: "I think the plan is close feeds for short hold overs, open for longer endurance types."

Cool that he's answering questions like that. I hope he can get them to show the people who aren't currently playing the RK on the feeds.

10 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I am going to the Live Eviction taping this Thursday, and I said to my friend if Frank/Day flip this and Tiffany leaves I'm storming the House Door and screaming at Day & Frank hahahaha

Have fun! And please do actually do that!

Paulie and James are talking about Tiffany right now. Paulie thinks she's using 'Vanessa tactics' with her tears. He's afraid to let her get far because she's very strategic. I'm telling you, I would not be surprised at all if Tiffany ends up getting evicted this week.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Zakiyah just told Day they have to get rid of Tiffany soon. She's threatened by her relationship with Paulie and thinks Paulie will try to protect Tiffany. Lawd. I want to like Zakiyah, but I'm not here for petty thinly veiled jealousy over a dude. 

Yea I'm over Zak tbh. The 'chinky eyes' comment was the beginning and now with her jealousy over Paulie, who clearly doesn't like her as much as she likes him, it's just nagl. Also this has me even more convinced Tiffany will end up being evicted this week.

ETA: Paulie said that when he noms Victor he's going to say it was a 'house decision.' Where's all that 'I'll take the heat. I'm gonna go off. Blah blah blah,' buddy? Such a Calafiore!

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

Agreed. Anytime Paulie talks to any of the girls, she gives them a stare down. I get it you want him to keep you safe, but giving a dirty look to any girl that speaks to him & also having your hip attached to Day 24/7 isn't a good look. Zakiyah likes Paulie more then she would like to admit, they are obviously both doing it for game reasons, but you can tell that Zakiyah is way more attached then Paulie is. I think Paulie would have no problem cutting her. I actually think Paulie has a thing for Tiffany, he's said he has a thing for older women, and they have that sibling bond, you can tell he has a soft spot for her, which isn't the best thing because people are convinced he'd keep her, but honestly I don't think he's shown that to anyone, they just all assume because they are siblings. I really think Tiffany should of told him, but told him not to tell anyone that he also knew. 

I actually don't think Day & Zakiyah's social games are very good. Natalie, Bridgette & Bronte have all stated that they rarely speak to either of them, so if there ever came a time where they needed any of their votes for anything, they might just say no. 

Day & Zakiyah WILL go on the block together, they are just way to close and it is way to obvious. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 7
(edited)

Also, in that convo with Zak, Day was basically saying that the DR was leading her to believe she shouldn't trust Tiffany. Fucking Production trying to protect Frank!

20 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I actually don't think Day & Zakiyah's social games are very good. Natalie, Bridgette & Bronte have all stated that they rarely speak to either of them, so if there ever came a time where they needed any of their votes for anything, they might just say no. 

I agree. Their social game is fine with their core alliance, but with the outsiders it's atrocious. Same for Nicole and Michelle tbh. Which is why Frank is so easily building an army of newbies he can use against them

• Love 6
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, in that convo with Zak, Day was basically saying that the DR was leading her to believe she shouldn't trust Tiffany. Fucking Production trying to protect Frank!

I don't understand why Production would do that, there has been NOTHING that Tiffany has done that would lead them to that line of questioning for Day. That is really frustrating. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SiobhanJW said:

I don't understand why Production would do that, there has been NOTHING that Tiffany has done that would lead them to that line of questioning for Day. That is really frustrating. 

There's a whisper that Frank might be in danger. DEFCON 4 in the production room.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

There's a whisper that Frank might be in danger. DEFCON 4 in the production room.

Haha. It's not like it will happen this week & you have the pre-juror returnee. That's what they are doing it for right? To make sure if a Vet leaves they can come back. Frank would beast a returning comp. So they need to stop freaking out. Haha.

• Love 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Paulie and James are talking about Tiffany right now. Paulie thinks she's using 'Vanessa tactics' with her tears. He's afraid to let her get far because she's very strategic. I'm telling you, I would not be surprised at all if Tiffany ends up getting evicted this week.

I heard that conversation and Paulie is not as attached to Tiff as we have thought.  He will not have a problem cutting her.  He didn't "protect" her in a conversation he relayed to her and she was hurt but that.  He said, I like you both, what was I supposed to do!  I forget who the other person was but not Z.

12 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

None of their social games are good (girls A).

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn, I hate that!  

I love these connections you two have to production!  Sweet. 

Edited by wings707
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

What does this mean?  Production is out to spread lies in the DR to get him evicted.  That doesn't sound logical. 

If Tiffany's wasn't Vanessa's sister, there is no way she would have ever been cast for the show.  She is a weak player and is just plain boring. 

Whereas Paulie does bring something to the game and deserves to be here, even if he wasn't related to Cody.

5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What does this mean?  Production is out to spread lies in the DR to get him evicted.  That doesn't sound logical. 

The DR is making Da'Vonne suspicious of Tiffany. Who are the most vocal in ousting Frank from the house? Da'Vonne and Tiffany. By getting rid of Tiffany or even just turning Da'Vonne against Tiffany, it weakens the anti-Frank brigade. God forbid anyone want to go after Frank!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

The DR is making Da'Vonne suspicious of Tiffany. Who are the most vocal in ousting Frank from the house? Da'Vonne and Tiffany. By getting rid of Tiffany or even just turning Da'Vonne against Tiffany, it weakens the anti-Frank brigade. God forbid anyone want to go after Frank!

Okay. Still seems like a round about way to get Frank out and why do they want to do that?  It is an interesting game now, why not allow it to roll and see where it goes?  I think that too much steering from the DR can create the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.  That being an interesting season.  

(edited)

Day is so hard to follow - one minute she can't let Frank get his minions to jury and needs Tiff there because she hates Frank.

Then she needs Tiff out by jury because...she's Vanessa's sister pretty much.

I don't see how Tiffany isn't just a weapon for Day to use. Because I see the Vanessa emotions, but I don't see the Vanessa commitment or strategy.

ETA: Day not trusting Tiffany is also good TV for BB also because it's Day's "revenge" for last season. Plus, like others said, Tiffany hates Frank. BB loves Frank. DR always plants these seeds, though, so it's nothing new.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 6
(edited)

I could have done without that crazy conversation from Paul just now.  LOL

ETA:  What a 180.  Now he's talking about something totally normal.  I can't keep up with this guy.  He shifts gears too fast for me.  

Edited by J.D.
(edited)
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Okay. Still seems like a round about way to get Frank out and why do they want to do that?  It is an interesting game now, why not allow it to roll and see where it goes?  I think that too much steering from the DR can create the opposite of what they are trying to achieve.  That being an interesting season.  

Production doesn't want Frank to leave. Frank is Grodner's Production's Pet. And like I said way upthread, even if he does get ousted pre-jury and has to compete in the Battle Back, it'll probably be a farting competition.

Yes, my tinfoil hat is on firmly because Frank is in the house. It's quite shiny and crinkly.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10
Just now, Callaphera said:

Production doesn't want Frank to leave. Frank is Grodner's Production's Pet. And like I said way upthread, even if he does get ousted pre-jury and has to compete in the Battle Back, it'll probably be a farting competition.

Yes, I get that loud and clear.  Just wondered why he would say Frank is in danger.  ???

8 minutes ago, mooses said:

Day is so hard to follow - one minute she can't let Frank get his minions to jury and needs Tiff there because she hates Frank.

Then she needs Tiff out by jury because...she's Vanessa's sister pretty much.

Yet another reason why a girls A will not get off the ground.  No one is solid. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Yes, I get that loud and clear.  Just wondered why he would say Frank is in danger.  ???

Really, it's all just assumptions and speculation and grassy knoll talk. No one said Frank is in danger. But when two unlikely people start teaming up to plan on taking him down and the DR starts making one of those people suspicious of the other, you connect the dots and get from Point A to Point J pretty easily. It all depends on how much you believe in production meddling and manipulation when it comes to DRs and who the Golden Child of the season is. And really, all it could have taken was a casual "So, do you trust Tiffany?" question from the DR. Da'Vonne just rolled with it.

I don't usually climb the grassy knoll for this show. But when it comes to favoured returners (ugh) like Frank, well... I buy the jumbo roll of tinfoil just in case I need to fix my hat after throwing it across the room a couple hundred times in a season. Don't worry, though, my bowl of Alpha-Bits doesn't give me hidden messages or anything. 

• Love 11

Women, and young women in particular, are groomed to seek male approval, and it's hard for them to give it up which makes it hard for a women's alliance to stick.  One of the reasons I like James is that he seems to enjoy being around women -- not just because he has the hots for them although he does, but because he enjoys talking to them and hanging out with them.  This gets the poor man friend zoned, but as an older woman, I appreciate him because many men aren't like that and feel uncomfortable as the single male in a group of women.  

• Love 13