Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I don't watch the feeds, so for those of you who do and are more familiar with the HG, what are the odds that Paul is only agreeing with everybody on the surface?  Even if he is pissed at Paulie is there a chance Paulie can smooth talk his way back in?  He has had some kind of hold on most of these people.

I actually watched most of the conversation between Paul and Natalie/Michelle (I missed some of it when James was part of it) and I truly think he's 100% serious. He was spilling some information to them that he wouldn't have if he didn't trust them. There's always a chance Paulie can smooth-talk his way back in, but this has definitely caused Paul to at least think about Paulie's influence in the game and where he stands with him. I think Paul would feel more comfortable if he knew for sure that James is on board. If he knows James is not going to sway, then Paul will jump to their side and help to get Paulie/Corey/Nicole out, no problem. This plan hinges on James making the right move and nullifying Paul and Corey's votes. That's the best course of action for things to go smoothly. Paul will be a mole in Paulie's ear until they can get Paulie out for sure. Make him feel comfortable enough to backdoor him the first chance they get. Of course, Paul's covering himself in case Nicole, Corey, or Paulie win the next few HOHs, but Paul will absolutely jump in on getting Paulie out if he gets the chance. He's the competition for Paulie, and Paul knows it. He's aware that Paulie probably won't take a strong guy like himself to final 2, to avoid pulling a Cody. 

So basically, IF Paulie, Nicole, and Corey don't win HOH in the DE or afterward, those three are in grave danger of going to jury. I don't know if Paul would pull the trigger if he's HOH (not unless he knows for sure that they can get Paulie or Nicole out), but he will certainly be a number to get them out if they need it. 

• Love 5

Thank you Lady Calypso.  So part of this hinges on James not wussing out.  Come on James, don't let us down!  If he does wuss out, I will be hoping for him to be royally screwed over, and soon. 

• Love 4

James is nervous but he will go through with this.  

#1 reason is he believes America gave him this box so he could change things.  Being liked by his fans and America is of the utmost importance. 

#2  In that conversation with the 4 of them, Natalie said something that assured James she wanted to continue with him outside the house. He would not want to jinx that.  He has heard her say that if she were on the block and James did not use the veto she would never speak to him again.  He knows she will be mad if he does not follow the plan that she worked so hard getting in place. 

#3.  He now has a leader [Paul} that he can trust so feels safe.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

Quick question (and maybe this is documented somewhere and I just missed it):

Does James announce which two HGs' votes are nullified BEFORE the votes are cast, or AFTER?   

Prior knowledge on the part of the HGs as to who's sitting out the vote could make a BIG difference in the voting.

(Personally, I think after would be a helluva lot more fun.)

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3
Just now, Nashville said:

Quick question (and maybe this is documented somewhere and I just missed it):

Does James announce which two HGs' votes are nullified BEFORE the votes are cast, or AFTER?   

Prior knowledge on the part of the HGs as to who's sitting out the vote could make a BIG difference in the voting.

As I understand it, he makes his announcement before voting.  

12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

#2  In that conversation with the 4 of them, Natalie said something that assured James she wanted to continue with him outside the house. He would not want to jinx that.  He has heard her say that if she were on the block and James did not use the veto she would never speak to him again.  He knows she will be mad if he does not follow the plan that she worked so hard getting in place. 

Yeah, I get the impression that as scared as James is about Paulie, he might actually fear Natalie's anger at him more. He knows that if he screws this up, she'll turn on him and possibly not speak to him again for a long, long time. I think he has to choose a side here, and I think he'll make the right one in choosing Natalie. It's better for his game because as much as Paulie might want to bring James to final four, there's no F2 deal there. There's no guarantee that Paulie would ever choose to take him to the end if he got there. James may not be guaranteed final 4 with Natalie, but he knows that he can trust her more. Plus, there's genuine feelings and a chance of them giving their relationship a chance outside of this house. James doesn't know if he'll talk to Paulie much afterwards, even with Derrick's dad being his manager. 

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

As I understand it, he makes his announcement before voting.  

Darn.  I'd much rather see the confused panic if some were caught by surprise  after already casting their votes.  ;>

• Love 8

James also knows and believes that his name has come up in eviction talks.  I forget who told him.  

One thing that is making James skiddish is how calm will his alliance be through this process.  As he left for bed in the HN his final words were, "I want this to be done right."  There is a plan to make it look like Nicole was the hinkey vote.  I did not follow it. 

He saw how wound up everyone was and feared they would blow it.   He missed the conversation about a staged fight and informing Z of Paulie's ways.   Better he didn't, he needs to sleep!  Hopefully he can reel them in this evening.  

13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Darn.  I'd much rather see the confused panic if some were caught by surprise  after already casting their votes.  ;>

I agree.  It gives them more time to think and signal each other in horror.  I always love a blindside.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:
14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I agree.  It gives them more time to think and signal each other in horror.  I always love a blindside.  

Me too. But none of this will be evident on tonight's show, right? It would all be tomorrow night's show? Am I correct? Reason I ask is that I don't tell my hubby that I read what's going to happen on here - just general stuff - because I don't want to ruin it for him. So when I see this playing out on the show, I will have to act all surprised and excited (which that part won't be hard) that they're finally standing up to Paulie.

• Love 2

^^^ I am not sure.  I am surprised sometimes at how quickly they edit the taped shows.  I would not be surprised to see something so viewers understand what is happening on Thursday. 

Edited by wings707
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

It won't be on tonight's show.  Tonight's show will end with Paulie not using the veto. 

Good point.  I forgot they show a lot of taped pieces on Thursday before the vote.  

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

There is a plan to make it look like Nicole was the hinkey vote.  I did not follow it. 

The basic idea is this:

1. James nullifies Paul and Corey - primarily to give Paul plausible deniability in what happens next, with Corey as a smokescreen.
  2. Anticipated voting is James/Natalie/Bridgette voting to evict Z, Paulie and Nicole voting to evict Michelle - resulting in Z evicted 3-2.
  3. Paulie, understandably, will (hopefully) be somewhat puzzled and quite miffed - at which point Paul gets in Paulie's ear throwing shade: Nicole is making the first strike in a girl's takeover by cutting one of Paulie's staunchest supporters, James' nulls were obviously throwaways to keep from getting BOHH, which means James must've voted with Da Boyz to evict Big Meech, etc., etc.

I believe the objective is to keep a PO'ed Paulie confused enough that in the mad post-evict DE scramble he might conceivably target Nicole instead of James, Natalie, or Bridgette.  Paulie evicting an ally in his confusion would truly be the icing on the cake.

Pulling this off would require deft skill and a veritable metric fuckton of luck - none of which has been much in evidence this season - but I'm rooting for them to pull this off, if for no other reason than pure entertainment value.  

Plus: if this Rube-Goldberg-looking-MFer of a plan were to actually WORK, I could coast the rest of the season picturing the many expressions of Paulie when he realizes how badly he was pwned.  Now THAT would truly be Fifty Shades of Calafiore.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 16

James also knows and believes that his name has come up in eviction talks.  I forget who told him.  

Bridgette for sure... maybe Paul and maybe Michelle.  But hearing it from Bridgette pretty much sealed the deal because he knows Paulie was bringing her in.

52 minutes ago, AndreaK1041 said:

It will still be fancy editing because it's a double and there's not much time for other stuff. Have fun, production!

haha that's right!  - however see below 

58 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

It won't be on tonight's show.  Tonight's show will end with Paulie not using the veto. 

There's a chance they might do some weird editing tonight - to make it seems like this coup started to happen before the veto.  That's why they don't like people messing with their appearance drastically throughout the week - so they can edit things out of order.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I believe the objective is to keep a PO'ed Paulie confused enough that in the mad post-evict DE scramble he might conceivably target Nicole instead of James, Natalie, or Bridgette.  Paulie evicting an ally in his confusion would truly be the icing on the cake.

It is simple enough to work.  The only snafu is that James was TOLD [by Paulie] to eliminate his vote  and him not doing that sets off an alarm bell.  That is what James fears because he is the one in the hot seat after that maneuver.  Paulie will be POed but I don't know how confused he will be.  If he wins HOH I can see him putting James up for his digression. 

Dangerous if he puts him up next to Natalie, one of them will go, veto or not. 

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

It is simple enough to work.  The only snafu is that James was TOLD [by Paulie] to eliminate his vote  and him not doing that sets off an alarm bell.  That is what James fears because he is the one in the hot seat after that maneuver.  Paulie will be POed but I don't know how confused he will be.  If he wins HOH I can see him putting James up for his digression. 

That's what confusing to me.... Paulie has offered his vote be nulled, so has Corey so I don't get why he just doesn't do that.  Unless Paulie and Corey have both changed their minds and I haven't seen evidence of it yet.

Paulie is already kinda irritated with Natalie thanks to James this morning.... but Paul seems to think he can convince Paulie to put up Nicole beside her.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

That's what confusing to me.... Paulie has offered his vote be nulled, so has Corey so I don't get why he just doesn't do that.  Unless Paulie and Corey have both changed their minds and I haven't seen evidence of it yet.

It's because Paul wants his vote nullified too. That one is for more obvious reasons, which is not only benefitting Paul, but it COULD potentially benefit Nat/James/Bridgette/Meech as well. That one's less of a guarantee, but Paul can potentially protect the other side of the house long enough to cause some damage. Personally, he should just do Paul/Paulie and leave Corey hanging out to dry, but maybe they fear the plan to plant the hinky vote on Nicole won't work if Corey can vote too. 

It's all a little confusing, to be honest, and there's a lot of overthinking. But I can see that Paul's plan to put up Natalie/Nicole could work if played the right way. I think Natalie, today, needs to be talking to Nicole and Paulie needs to see it with Paul. Then Paul can begin the all girls alliance plan on Paulie, because that MIGHT send warning bells into Paulie's head. At least enough to make a mistake during DE. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Paulie discussed that with James a few days back when Paulie was still toying with the idea of kicking Z to the JH curb, so Paulie could maintain plausible deniability to Z that he hadn't thrown her an eviction vote.  I'm pretty certain Paulie rescinded the notion the same day (if not by the end of the same conversation), as soon as Paulie swung back around to Michelle as his eviction target.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's because Paul wants his vote nullified too. That one is for more obvious reasons, which is not only benefitting Paul, but it COULD potentially benefit Nat/James/Bridgette/Meech as well. That one's less of a guarantee, but Paul can potentially protect the other side of the house long enough to cause some damage. Personally, he should just do Paul/Paulie and leave Corey hanging out to dry, but maybe they fear the plan to plant the hinky vote on Nicole won't work if Corey can vote too. 

It's all a little confusing, to be honest, and there's a lot of overthinking. But I can see that Paul's plan to put up Natalie/Nicole could work if played the right way. I think Natalie, today, needs to be talking to Nicole and Paulie needs to see it with Paul. Then Paul can begin the all girls alliance plan on Paulie, because that MIGHT send warning bells into Paulie's head. At least enough to make a mistake during DE. 

But when they were discussing who's vote James should x-out, James didn't even tell them that Paulie and Corey had both offered. 

Or wait, maybe he did say Corey offered, or someone else did and that's how they decided it should be Paul and Corey.

The other issue with Paul's plan to 'out' nicole is that Paul gets too long winded when he's trying to deflect and cover up a plan.  I think Paulie will sniff that out immediately if Paul starts going on and on as to why he needs to put up Natalie and Nicole.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

But when they were discussing who's vote James should x-out, James didn't even tell them that Paulie and Corey had both offered. 

Or wait, maybe he did say Corey offered, or someone else did and that's how they decided it should be Paul and Corey.

You see, this is why I was confused. I've missed a lot of conversations so I never know who says what. That's why I was wondering why Corey couldn't vote and why Paulie/Paul's votes couldn't be nulled. In that case, it should be Paulie/Paul and that way, both of them have something to 'bond' over after Zak gets evicted. Either way, I understand that Paul needs to be one of the votes. The other can be one of Paulie/Corey.

See?  This is the reason my husband would never watch espionage movies with me in a theater, he had to be able to pause and explain.  I do not watch BB for this kind of confusion. 

Edited by wings707

They are trying to kill two birds with one stone and it is unnecessary.  Should Paulie win HOH it is not a stretch to talk him into putting Nicole and Natalie up.  He has talked about that. 

Man❗

'People'  hark upon the supposed jealousies and other emotionalism of the women, but these guys and their delicate egos...

Admittedly, I am not an avid BB viewer, however, posing a query--will Zakiyah be able retain her job following this...(?)     Is she not a kindergarten teacher ?

Edited by BookElitist
befuddled and saddened by Z's pathological...behaviors
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, BookElitist said:

Man❗

'People'  hark upon the supposed jealousies and other emotionalism of the women, but these guys and their delicate egos...

Admittedly, I am not an avid BB viewer, however, posing a query--will Zakya be able retain her job following this...(?)     Is she not a kindergarten teacher ?

Everyone lies about their profession so who knows.  Probably preschool if anything.  You need a degree to teach elementary school and most have a kindergarten.  She does not radiate teacher of young kids to me.  

So far this season has been so predictable and boring.  I've been coming here to get other peoples thoughts, mostly, since I know not much has changed in the house.  So since it looks like something exciting might be happening, I'm going to take off till after the show on Thursday.  This way if this plan falls apart, I won't know and can hold on to the fantasy longer.  Later!  :)  *Keeping my fingers crossed*

• Love 3
4 hours ago, eskimo said:

I don't watch the feeds, so for those of you who do and are more familiar with the HG, what are the odds that Paul is only agreeing with everybody on the surface?  Even if he is pissed at Paulie is there a chance Paulie can smooth talk his way back in?  He has had some kind of hold on most of these people.

Zip.  Paul's eyes are open now.   I watched from start to finish last night.  Yes, there are highlights, but when you watch the entire night play out?  He on board.  He's going to pretend not to be so Paulie/Nic/Corey don't fight hard for HOH, and, especially so Paul can throw a ton of shade at Nicole, including blaming her for the vote to evict Z, in hopes that should he win, he puts up Nicole.

So, whatever you hear from Paul to Paulie today?  Complete game.

3 hours ago, wings707 said:

One thing that is making James skiddish is how calm will his alliance be through this process.  As he left for bed in the HN his final words were, "I want this to be done right."  There is a plan to make it look like Nicole was the hinkey vote.  I did not follow it. 

He saw how wound up everyone was and feared they would blow it.   He missed the conversation about a staged fight and informing Z of Paulie's ways.   Better he didn't, he needs to sleep!  Hopefully he can reel them in this evening.  

Michelle told him but he didn't believe her, Bridgette told James and he began to buy a vowel, PAUL told him and done deal, he knows it's true.

3 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Me too. But none of this will be evident on tonight's show, right? It would all be tomorrow night's show? Am I correct? Reason I ask is that I don't tell my hubby that I read what's going to happen on here - just general stuff - because I don't want to ruin it for him. So when I see this playing out on the show, I will have to act all surprised and excited (which that part won't be hard) that they're finally standing up to Paulie.

It's hard to tell.  Normally?  No.  BUT, it's a DE week, and those episodes are jammed packed and planned to the minute, so they MAY break protocol and show it tonight, instead of ending with the VETO.

See?  This is the reason my husband would never watch espionage movies with me in a theater, he had to be able to pause and explain.  I do not watch BB for this kind of confusion. 

It's the reason I watch Big Brother.  For this.  The game finally started last night.

1 hour ago, BookElitist said:

Man❗

Admittedly, I am not an avid BB viewer, however, posing a query--will Zakiyah be able retain her job following this...(?)     Is she not a kindergarten teacher ?

I think Z works at Hooters and a Day Care Center.  She talked about both on the feeds.  Kindergartens don't have a babies in diapers room.

As for it impacting her life?  Pretty much a sure thing.  She was practically naked on BBAD, not just the feeds, grinding on a guy who doesn't give a shit about her.  She had sex in a bumper car.  Those videos will live forever, as will her delusional dreams of marriage and talk of babies, and her disgusting behavior toward the other women too. 

Now there may be some blowback on Paulie too, which may extend their "grossmance" to save face for Paulie.  I'm pretty sure Derrick will once again tell Paulie how to play that. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Michelle told him but he didn't believe her, Bridgette told James and he began to buy a vowel, PAUL told him and done deal, he knows it's true.

Ha!  Love the creative spin you have here.  

I am glad to see both James and Paul awake together.  Natalie needs to sleep and allow them to read the house.  I hope they can the fake fight.

Corey's career is listed as baseball coach but I know he has a business, he and Paul have talked about it but didn't mention what it was.  Anyone know?

• Love 1

Paulie telling Z everything about how Natalie is "after him sexually" and lied about him, preemptive strike.  He's such a complete sleaze ball.

DEE DEE H. ‏@deedee42066
@lpcpcjr This is the moment that Paulies game blows up #BB18

Paul Calafiore Jr
‏@lpcpcjr
@deedee42066 O well, I quess he should have listened to the advice he was given before going in.

Paul Calafiore Jr ‏
@LoViLu @deedee42066 remember "It ain't over till the fat lady sings" Last I heard, she's not singing.

Paul Calafiore Jr ‏@lpcpcjr
If she does start singing, then we'll played!

The biggest danger in this plan is there is ONE WHOLE DAY TO GO BEFORE THE VOTE - in other words, plenty of time for this bunch of Katzenjammer Kids to flip seven ways to Sunday before Julie asks for the first vote.  :P

3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

As for it impacting her life?  Pretty much a sure thing. 

I'd qualify that as a definite maybe.  

As of this season, 225 people have competed over a span of 17 years.  

How many of them do you remember?

Me, by the time a new season rolls around I've already forgotten half the forgettables from the previous year.  :)

• Love 6

Michelle is expertly playing like she's leaving tomorrow, even though she has a higher chance of staying (I won't say absolutely because things can change with James). Zak seems awfully confident that she's staying, which is rather sad. Corey's at least asked a couple of times if Michelle's going. 

I just thought about if Paulie left during DE. In the jury house it would be him, Zak, and Day. LOL.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Nashville said:

The biggest danger in this plan is there is ONE WHOLE DAY TO GO BEFORE THE VOTE - in other words, plenty of time for this bunch of Katzenjammer Kids to flip seven ways to Sunday before Julie asks for the first vote.  :P

I'd qualify that as a definite maybe.  

As of this season, 225 people have competed over a span of 17 years.  

How many of them do you remember?

Me, by the time a new season rolls around I've already forgotten half the forgettables from the previous year.  :)

Friends, family, and employers remember.  Googling people before actually hiring them is pretty common now.  Ditto women or men you want to date seriously.

2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Michelle is expertly playing like she's leaving tomorrow, even though she has a higher chance of staying (I won't say absolutely because things can change with James). Zak seems awfully confident that she's staying, which is rather sad. Corey's at least asked a couple of times if Michelle's going. 

I just thought about if Paulie left during DE. In the jury house it would be him, Zak, and Day. LOL.

James CAN'T flip now. 

He does?  He's done.  They will sell him out if he turns on them.  He'll lose the girl too.  He also FINALLY realized that's why America gave him that gift, so he pisses of "America" too if he screws this up.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5

Paul is going to talk to Victor today.  He is going to feel him out.  I don't think Victor is locked tight with Paulie, he is just there because that is where the power is.   I can see him wanting to break away with Paul and I am sure Paul will made an F2 deal with him, which he should to sweeten the pot.  That will leave Paulie with Corey and Nicole only.  This is soooo exciting!  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Vic knows that Paulie is talking about getting Paul out though.  I THINK.  So?

Maybe.  I can't keep track of Paulie's hit list or alliances.  They talked last night about all of them talking to Victor together because Paul doesn't think he would believe him, if alone. 

Natalie has given me so much life these past 12 hours. Just now:

Michelle: I think if anything Derrick is freaking happy that we caught on to him (Paulie).

James: Ok, Derrick and Cody aren't going to be mad, I---

Natalie: I don't care what they think.

• Love 20

EEEEE!!!  I go to work thinking that I'm out for the season, and what do you know?  Something exciting actually happens!  FINALLY!  The outing of Paulie's many deals has been so satisfying.  Tomorrow's DE episode should actually be very exciting.

• Love 3

I fail to see the logic in Michele blowing things up in her speech on Thursday.  That only serves to put a spotlight on what Sitting Ducks (new alliance name) already knows.  Why not go into the DE in stealth mode, without giving Paulie a heads up that something may be going down?   

Can someone help me out here?  I am baffled. 

Michele is the worst person to do this, too IF you think it is a good idea.  She ran some lines by Paulie and he said, don't say that, several times.  She wanted to tell them they had peas for brains or some such thing.  

Re Natalie's planned talk to Z. 

Paulie flirts with Natalie just as he does the other women as strategy to make everyone love him and think he is the greatest guy.  He thinks Natalie is a cheeezy, cheap Jersey girl and doesn't like her type.  He has said MUCH worse.  Z has probably heard this from him, too.  As I type this she is flirting with Paulie in the kitchen, big time, in front of Z.  Good case for Paulie to say, hey, she flirts with ME, not the other way around.  

James, step in and tell her this is a bad idea and will only reflect poorly on herself.  

Natalie telling Z that Paulie is coming on to her is a mistake.  If you must, tell him something say he not to be trusted, he is playing you and leave it at that.  Nat is the last person that should deliver this news, btw.  

2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Paulie had everyone believing he was going after everyone else.

Bridgette trolling Paul.  Ha.

giphy.gifActon, USA

giphy.gif

Lol. Look at Nicole's sourpuss expression.  She's probably on guard to block Bridgette if she attempts to go within two feet of Corey. 

• Love 1