Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

The edit on that conversation was whack too.  It's transcribed here earlier in the thread.

Interesting that Corey didn't even LOOK for the key, just went right for the pipes in the show tonight.  Those earpieces may have come in handy.  Even Nicole asked him if "they" helped him.

Gee, ya think?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

@bbaddict they showed the convo when Natalie supposedly threw James under the bus to Victor and Paul. Showed her telling him she won't talk to him ever again if he teams up with Nicole and Corey. 

And honestly, unless I missed it, the edit was weird. Natalie tells Victor and Paul that she put her trust in the "wrong person" or in the "hands of the wrong person" (hey, I don't have a photographic memory) and even though she never said James in that sentence, they interpreted it that way. I thought she was talking about Nicole and Corey and the final 4 deal they made when she said it but as soon as she left the room, it was all, "Ooh, she threw James under the bus. Harsh!" Mr. Callaphera thought he missed something because he came to the same Nicole/Corey assumption that I did.

And didn't she apologize for the "never speaking to you again" comment and tell him that it was an "in the heat of the moment" comment? But they didn't show that. 

Can you tell I haven't watched the feeds since the wall comp? And I really like using "quotation marks"?

• Love 9

Yes, she came RIGHT back in and apologized for saying she'd never speak to James again if he teamed up with Nicorey.  She told him she couldn't stand them, but he had to do what's best for his game.

That doesn't fit the "vote for James! AFP" edit though.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

Of course not.

BB ThunderKat‏@HandyK17

@kennaymart #BB18 In defense of all us in Production, Corey could've been tipped off by another houseguest.

Even production knows Corey's win was fishy.

BB_Updates retweeted the tweet and said they are apart of the show's production, so I don't know - they're usually really reliable. Doesn't change that Corey was clearly tipped off by someone.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And honestly, unless I missed it, the edit was weird. Natalie tells Victor and Paul that she put her trust in the "wrong person" or in the "hands of the wrong person" (hey, I don't have a photographic memory) and even though she never said James in that sentence, they interpreted it that way. I thought she was talking about Nicole and Corey and the final 4 deal they made when she said it but as soon as she left the room, it was all, "Ooh, she threw James under the bus. Harsh!" Mr. Callaphera thought he missed something because he came to the same Nicole/Corey assumption that I did.

And didn't she apologize for the "never speaking to you again" comment and tell him that it was an "in the heat of the moment" comment? But they didn't show that. 

Can you tell I haven't watched the feeds since the wall comp? And I really like using "quotation marks"?

She did apologize for the speaking sentence. If I remember correct;y she said I backed the wrong horse. That could easily have been interpreted as James and when I saw that conversation live I thought she trough him under the bus. I was told later here that James and her talked before she went to the HOH room. She also told James everything she said right after.

2 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I was just watching Rob Has a Podcast, and they mentioned that Big Brother Over the Top is actually going to be in a brand new house. Anyone else heard this? 

This is good news. They should put the torch to the current one. It's seen better days and the floor probably still smells like Austin's feet.

• Love 5

Joker's:

Nicole says that she didnt find the key during veto comp until they (DR) told her where it was. She says they told her it floated & wouldnt have Known if they didnt tell her. She exclaims 'the worst'

How is this ok? If she didn't know then let her stand there like a damn idiot until she maxes out a time limit. Now I'm convinced they gave Corey some help too. This is utter bullshit and I think I'm about done with this show.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

Joker's:

How is this ok? If she didn't know then let her stand there like a damn idiot until she maxes out a time limit. Now I'm convinced they gave Corey some help too. This is utter bullshit and I think I'm about done with this show.

Guess they're going to do what it takes to get their "showmance" finale with Nicole winning, Corey taking 2nd, and broken-hearted James getting AFP.

My hope for BB 19 is that it's an experiment by the network to seeing what the ratings would be for a show with NO production interference, and more responsiveness to/interaction with the viewers.  Because this manipulation stuff ruins everything.

• Love 5

Now that he and Natalie are done, the real James is coming back out. He just told Nicole, Corey, and Paul how he and Rodney from Survivor: Worlds Apart had a three-some with a stripper shortly before this season.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, bbaddict said:

She does own up to her issues. He tries to do the right thing. These are just my opinions. It just would be sweet if they could make it out side of the house when things will be much different. There is something there I cannot explain. At least there is for me.

James and Natalie's relationship might've had a chance - IF they hadn't had to live together in a House for 2+ months with no break or escape.  Familiarity breeds contempt.

43 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Nicole says Big Brother told her at the 6 minute mark where the key was, giving her plenty of time to beat Natalie.

I read this, haven't been listening. 

Nice Grodner.

1 hour ago, Marie80 said:

Joker's: 

Nicole says that she didnt find the key during veto comp until they (DR) told her where it was. She says they told her it floated & wouldnt have Known if they didnt tell her. She exclaims 'the worst'

Where are you guys reading this? Does anyone have a screen grab? Sorry this is my first season of BB and it's shocking to me how they edit the show into something completely different than what happened.

I've been watching BBAD and I remember that Natalie and James convo where they're sitting on the floor playing dominoes and it didn't go anything like what we saw on the show. 

And then the veto comp, Corey obviously was told to go for the pipes. He entered and went straight for them, didn't even look at the manhole first. So rigged. 

Edited by Summerday
  • Love 5

Recaps and twitter.  Hearty souls that can still stomach the feeds.

Yeah, they edited James into a good guy and trashed Natalie, probably to give James AFP again.

Nicole is portrayed as a sweet thing, not the giggling cackling bitch encouraging the guys to slam any woman in the house while having nightly and nooner sex.

• Love 11

I don't know if it was the editing or not, but when I watched BB tonight and saw the MacGyver comp, Corey walked into the first room, never even looked at the hatch and just walked over to one of the pipes, took it out and used it on the hatch. It looked like someone told him to grab one of the black pipes first. I watched it a few times and I swear he didn't even look at the hatch. How could he know what he needed without looking at it? Was it bad editing on CBS' part or behind the scenes shenanigans? 

ETA: I didn't read the earlier posts on this subject, so sorry for coming to the party late.  :-)

Edited by burgerbitz
Add Info
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, burgerbitz said:

I don't know if it was the editing or not, but when I watched BB tonight and saw the MacGyver comp, Corey walked into the first room, never even looked at the hatch and just walked over to one of the pipes, took it out and used it on the hatch. It looked like someone told him to grab one of the black pipes first. I watched it a few times and I swear he didn't even look at the hatch. How could he know what he needed without looking at it? Was it bad editing on CBS' part or behind the scenes shenanigans? 

That's the question of the hour.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I didn't see a Paulie thread, so I'm gonna put this here.  Apparently, one of Paulie's jobs is "Batmitzvah Dancer" and here's video:

You want Paulie educating YOUR kids on the social graces...?

• Love 5

Is anyone watching the feed right now because the normal window opens but everything is black? You know normally you get the CBS disclaimer. That did not even come up. I wonder if it is down. Let me know and thanks.

6 hours ago, Marie80 said:

Joker's:

Yes, Producer manipulation is frustrating no matter who it benefits.  What is even more frustrating to me is WHY they would manipulate things to keep this week on the boring, predictable path it's on?  Corey winning veto was the most boring and predictable possible outcome this week.  Grodner and her cohorts don't know the first thing about running a show well.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Marie80 said:

I didn't mean to imply that James is racist which is impossible considering he's a minority.

The idea that a "minority" can't be racist is totally false.  Some of the most intense racism exists between "minority" races. 

As for James, I've never heard him express any racism, altho he may have been on the receiving end.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, bbaddict said:

Did they show her apologizing for saying that about not  talking to him ever again?

Not yet at least.  I'm hoping for the makeup version on tonight's show.

9 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Of course not.

BB ThunderKat‏@HandyK17

@kennaymart #BB18 In defense of all us in Production, Corey could've been tipped off by another houseguest.

How exactly?? Usually they're all locked in a room until it's there time to go and separated from the ones that have already finished. 

Seems like someone is trying to place the blame elsewhere. 

Natalie is going to read all this stuff and be so freaking pissed after she gets out!  She was totally robbed.  Although if I had to choose between her and james on who to leave, I'd say James because I think if she stays she's going to stay in bed 24/7.

• Love 1

Two things:

1. If what the house guests are saying about being helped in the challenges is true, wouldn't that be illegal since this is technically a game show? I believe that's a violation of FCC rules. I can't imagine CBS would do that.

2. I don't watch the live feeds so last night's edit of Natalie was both enlightening and strange.  She went to the HOH room and told Vic/Paul that she had put her trust in the wrong hands. Clearly she was putting at least some of the blame on James. Then she went downstairs and told James what she said about trusting the wrong people, but in the television edit, she doesn't tell James that she had mentioned him as one of those "wrong people." Even though the conversation felt like it was being manipulated by the editors, I could tell by James' reaction that he knew she blamed him.  But then when James met with the boys in the HOH room, he looked totally surprised when they told him what Natalie said.  Was that game play on his part? Was Natalie's initial meeting with them game play on her part to get herself evicted?  Are James and Natalie each really working to ensure the other remains in the house, but the editing gurus aren't making us privy to all of their conversations? Or is Natalie just a straight up bitch, and we the television audience is just now being shown this?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I just turned mine on via BB Viewer and it works.  They are all sleeping.

Thanks. Mine was working around 4:00 this morning and all of a sudden it stopped working. Rebooted and still nothing.

1 hour ago, plotpointer said:

1. If what the house guests are saying about being helped in the challenges is true, wouldn't that be illegal since this is technically a game show? I believe that's a violation of FCC rules. I can't imagine CBS would do that.

BB is classified as entertainment, not a game show.  Someone posted the rules here somewhere.  The cliffs notes on that, they can do anything they please.  :^)

That comp sure looked manipulated to me!   It appeared they helped both Natalie and Corey.   Their placement as first and last said it all if you missed how swiftly both, with ADD, finished.   I always wear my tin foil hat.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Two things:

2. I don't watch the live feeds so last night's edit of Natalie was both enlightening and strange.  She went to the HOH room and told Vic/Paul that she had put her trust in the wrong hands. Clearly she was putting at least some of the blame on James. Then she went downstairs and told James what she said about trusting the wrong people, but in the television edit, she doesn't tell James that she had mentioned him as one of those "wrong people." Even though the conversation felt like it was being manipulated by the editors, I could tell by James' reaction that he knew she blamed him.  But then when James met with the boys in the HOH room, he looked totally surprised when they told him what Natalie said.  Was that game play on his part? Was Natalie's initial meeting with them game play on her part to get herself evicted?  Are James and Natalie each really working to ensure the other remains in the house, but the editing gurus aren't making us privy to all of their conversations? Or is Natalie just a straight up bitch, and we the television audience is just now being shown this?

I think Natalie was referring to Nicole and Cory in her conversation with Paul/Victor not James.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

BB is classified as entertainment, not a game show.  Someone posted the rules on that here somewhere.  The cliffs notes on that, they can do anything they please.  :^)

That comp sure looked manipulated to me!   It appeared they helped both Natalie and Corey.   Their placement as first and last said it all if you missed how swiftly both, with ADD, finished.   I always wear my tin foil hat.  

Er, I posted the relevant law. It has nothing to do with game show vs entertainment classification (there's no such thing). It has to do with whether they offer a prize (yes) and whether it is a competition of chance, intellectual skill, or intellectual knowledge. Survivor has been sued in the past for running afoul of this, but it was settled out of court so there has been no precedent set yet for whether shows like this actually need to comply. 

So, cliffs note version: It's undetermined what they can legally do.

Relevant law: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/509

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Sara2009 said:

I think Natalie was referring to Nicole and Cory in her conversation with Paul/Victor not James.

No, she was referring to James.  She and James discussed what she could do to stay in the game and going to HOH to convince them she was the one to keep was part of their plan.  Paul did not accurately tell James what Natalie said; he made it sound worse, so James was hurt.  Natalie did not do a stellar job with her campaign and it backfired.  I am not sure what she could have said since Paul hates her and would twist anything.   

ETA.  Natalie is not a bitch. 

Edited by wings707
5 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I didn't see a Paulie thread, so I'm gonna put this here.  Apparently, one of Paulie's jobs is "Batmitzvah Dancer" and here's video:

I watched about 2 seconds of this and it was already the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, me5671 said:

Grodner and her cohorts don't know the first thing about running a show well.

Really though! This is the problem. They very rarely rig it so that something interesting will happen. It's always just for them to save their faves.

1 hour ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Seriously though, what kind of warped narcissist takes pleasure in being portrayed as a loud, obnoxious bully?

Dick. See, I'm telling you, Paul = Dick lite.

56 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

See, Corey is actually smarter than these other fools. It's really sad actually.

30 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

I'm going to cancel my feeds and then sign up for them again using this lol.

Or is Natalie just a straight up bitch, and we the television audience is just now being shown this?

Depends on who you ask. Many find her to be a fake bitch and others think she's a genuinely nice person.

I would be shocked if they use a new house for BBOTT. They're so cheap!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Slip and slide is not endurance.  What are they trying to do? Cause rioting in the parking lot?  

I don't believe they switch planned comps to favor one player.  But doesn't that slip n slide comp take hours?  I'd call that endurance.  

Paulie might have a future in cardio workout videos, a la Richard Simmons.  He's got the shorts already.  

Edited by Guest
15 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I don't believe they switch planned comps to favor one player.  But doesn't that slip n slide comp take hours?  I'd call that endurance.  

Paulie might have a future in cardio workout videos, a la Richard Simmons.  He's got the shorts already.  

I suppose it is endurance.  HA! on bold.  That tweet implies we will see it on the feeds.  

Edited by wings707