Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

At least Polly has paid attention to the master.  Give him props for that.

Didn't realize he knew Dr. Will.  Or did you mean Dan?  ;)

• Love 8
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

James will throw HOH anyway and Nat stands little little chance of winning physical or mental.  

I'm not so sure about that. IMO, Natalie only plays dumb. When talking to James alone, she comes up with some very cohesive observations.  Natalie is just waiting, in the weeds, to strike. 

Natalie keeps saying she wants a girl to win but I don't believe her. She only cares about herself. If she wants a girl to win, then why does she keep throwing Nicole's name out there. For Natalie, female jury votes would be critical for her to win, so she is playing up to Z And Meech, right now, to get their votes. IMO, Natalie plays people extremely well, especially James. Dumb as a fox. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I'm not so sure about that. IMO, Natalie only plays dumb. When talking to James alone, she comes up with some very cohesive observations.  Natalie is just waiting, in the weeds, to strike. 

Natalie keeps saying she wants a girl to win but I don't believe her. She only cares about herself. If she wants a girl to win, then why does she keep throwing Nicole's name out there. For Natalie, female jury votes would be critical for her to win, so she is playing up to Z And Meech, right now, to get their votes. IMO, Natalie plays people extremely well, especially James. Dumb as a fox. 

She never said that.  Cory told this to Paulie and James that in a talk they had in BY yesterday.  I was shocked he went on about what Natalie thought with James sitting right there!  James said the only thing he knows is that she will never vote Bridget out and she tells me everything or almost everything to me. 

James told Nat what was said and Nat was shocked; she has never talked game with Cory.  Her reaction was genuine.  She thought maybe Nic said that to  him.  Another nail in the coffin for her!  Cory could have just made that up, too.  Cory and his  ever present empty thought bubble. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

The group think of this and past few seasons scares me.  Is this is what our millenials has become?  A bunch of sheep.?   Not the same type of players in the beginning of the show.  I miss players who play their own game and think for themselves. 

So much word to this!  I've been wondering this myself.  Season 16 was the most egregious in terms of groupthink, but it's been bad in all recent seasons.  Just think of how few close votes there have been.  Almost every eviction has been unanimous or near unanimous, whereas in the past split votes were more common.  The contestants seem unable or unwilling to play the game for themselves.

I do think it's an issue of casting as opposed to an issue of the populace as a whole.  Casting used to cast a few smart people to play alongside the famewhores.  Nowadays, all we get are famewhores.

• Love 6

I do think it's an issue of casting as opposed to an issue of the populace as a whole.

Casting has a great part in this, but then........ look at how many millennials people are out chasing Pokemons.  Look at how prevalent PC thinking has become, to the point where comedians like Jerry Seinfeld won't do college campuses any more. Look at how rabid candidate support gets to be.  I've seen interviews of some supporters where the interviewer asked a pointed question, and the only response was how great the candidate was and that they would know what to do.  (I could give specifics,  but that could devolve into a political conversation - mine v. yours - and that is not my intention)  In other words, as long as a person doesn't have to think, and picks the winning side, it's great!  I'm very much afraid that for many people group-think is the norm, as long as they're on the "right" side of it. 

ETA: I too miss Will and Dan.  Ahhhh, the good ole days!

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2

I miss the days of Dr Will and Dan, too.  

Things are forever changed.  Natalie said she applied and wanted to do The Bachelor but they offered her this instead.  A contestant on Married at First Site last season, mentioned that he applied to be on a dating show but the only offer he got was MAFS.; said he didn't have any desire to get married. 

What is going on?  Is there a big clearing house for reality applicants?  There are more examples but these are the only two I remember. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Natalie said she applied and wanted to do The Bachelor but they offered her this instead.  

After seeing what kind of person Nat is, I'm glad she didn't get picked for that demeaning cattle-call/STD fest.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Veto is being played now.  Paulie, James and Nicole are playing with Z and Michele.  I have no clue what anyone's strategy is in this. 

I bet I could take a guess what James' strategy is *cough*throw it*cough*

Actually maybe not! He may want to win the veto to preserve the noms and protect Nat from the back door.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

I bet I could take a guess what James' strategy is *cough*throw it*cough*

Actually maybe not! He may want to win the veto to preserve the noms and protect Nat from the back door.

Good point. 

Any further player of BB isn't allowed to speak to Derrick for game advise. If they mention his name at all, the other HG should throw that person on the block immediately. Honestly Paulie going on and on about Derrick and what he told him to do or not to do this season and then he ends up winning can only hurt Derrick if he were to ever come back and play. 

I hate this season so much. BB19 better be 20 million times better. 

I just thought about it the cast of BB19 might not even know who won BB18 haha. Depending on when they put them in sequester and how fast the turn around is. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LGGirl said:

Earth to James:. You ain't one of the cool kids.  Get a clue you limp weanie.  

At least Polly has paid attention to the master.  Give him props for that.  He's the only one left playing the game. 

The group think of this and past few seasons scares me.  Is this is what our millenials has become?  A bunch of sheep.?   Not the same type of players in the beginning of the show.  I miss players who play their own game and think for themselves. 

And.  I truly despise Derrick.  He ruined his own season and now this one.  

this is why Grodner et al needs to scrap this Tinder, stunt, pretty casting and get us back to an intelligent, game player cast. We can watch The Real World or the Bachelor(ette) if we want dummies with hot bodies. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Skycatcher said:

I wonder if any vets, including BB18, will show up in BB19.

I'm thinking not - I'm guessing the reason they're having BB19 this fall is so that next summer they can have the 20th anniversary All Stars season.

1 minute ago, sharkfan said:

I'm thinking not - I'm guessing the reason they're having BB19 this fall is so that next summer they can have the 20th anniversary All Stars season.

Oh, how I wish. I don't even care who they choose!  Get HGs who know how to play.  I know, I know.  It isn't necessary to name all former HGs who were lousy players.  We know who they are.  I trust you get my point.  

1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I wonder what they will do to the house to make it look different.  There is not a lot of time.  

I'm sure they will have a fast turn around. I'm sure they will already have everything they need to fill the house- all they need to do is just empty it out, hose it down, fumigate it (haha) and then put all the new furniture in. I'm sure it won't take them more then a few days. If they can completely construct massive competitions in a few days and then break them down in a few hours. I'm sure this won't be a problem. Haha. 

4 hours ago, escape said:

Then don't support the show by watching it and the feeds.

This is such a weak argument. That's like saying "Oh you have criticisms about the current candidates? Then just don't vote!" I, and I'm sure @peachmangosteen, are huge fans of the GAME, and no it is not the game that is inherently sexist. But when casting and competitions give an unfair advantage to men we have every right to speak up about it. When glaring double standards are present, we have a right to point that out. If everyone just opted out anytime they had justified criticisms about something then nothing would ever change would it?

• Love 23
43 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Casting has a great part in this, but then........ look at how many millennials people are out chasing Pokemons.  Look at how prevalent PC thinking has become, to the point where comedians like Jerry Seinfeld won't do college campuses any more. Look at how rabid candidate support gets to be.  I've seen interviews of some supporters where the interviewer asked a pointed question, and the only response was how great the candidate was and that they would know what to do.  (I could give specifics,  but that could devolve into a political conversation - mine v. yours - and that is not my intention)  In other words, as long as a person doesn't have to think, and picks the winning side, it's great!  I'm very much afraid that for many people group-think is the norm, as long as they're on the "right" side of it.

I don't think that "Millenials" are responsible for the groupthink we've been witnessing. I think it stems from the fact that Big Brother is first and foremost a social competition. Unless people enjoy you, unless you fit in, unless your fellow HGs want to keep you in the house, and unless the jurors want to give you their votes, you will fail at the game. Setting youself up to be an outcast is a poor decision in Big Brother, hence the block voting.

Also, I just reviewed the voting history for seasons 2, 3, and 4 on Wikipedia, and there were only about four split votes between those three seasons, so I don't believe it's a generational thing at all.

Lastly, and sorry to veer off topic, but Jerry Seinfeld is a big, fat whiner. Teens and twenty-somethings have zero issue with tasteless humor (see: Louis CK, Bo Burnham, Amy Schumer, et al.); it's not their fault that Seinfeld's schtick is boring and outdated.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Oh, how I wish. I don't even care who they choose!  Get HGs who know how to play.  I know, I know.  It isn't necessary to name all former HGs who were lousy players.  We know who they are.  I trust you get my point.  

Here's my prediction - 20th season, 20 players, as many previous winners as they can get plus extras who they would consider 'All Stars' . Only please no Mike Boogie. If I have to spend another summer watching that sleazy rat-faced douchebag I may harm myself.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Here's my prediction - 20th season, 20 players, as many previous winners as they can get plus extras who they would consider 'All Stars' . Only please no Mike Boogie. If I have to spend another summer watching that sleazy rat-faced douchebag I may harm myself.

Oh! Another prediction - 20 twists! They can call it the Never-Ending Season...

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

...and please no Frankie J. Grande or Jozea.  I'm so tired of BB casting the stereotypical flaming gay guy.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, J.D. said:

...and please no Frankie J. Grande or Jozea.  I'm so tired of BB casting the stereotypical flaming gay guy.  

Wait WHAT?!? You mean there are other kinds of gay male? Damn you, TV, for lying to me all these years!!!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Surely this is what you meant to say, what with Victor being the HOH and all?

No, I meant Paulie. Paulie's the real HOH, like he has been every week expect when Nicole and Bridgette Frank were HOH.

3 hours ago, LGGirl said:

And.  I truly despise Derrick.  He ruined his own season and now this one.  

Ugh I know. I'm so pissed this prick has ruined 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

She never said that.

Oh Natalie has definitely said she wants/would vote for a woman to win. At this point it's probably not actually true anymore, but she's said it multiple times to different people. Never to the men though lol.

30 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

I'm sure they will have a fast turn around. I'm sure they will already have everything they need to fill the house- all they need to do is just empty it out, hose it down, fumigate it (haha) and then put all the new furniture in.

They probably won't even do that!

I can't believe Paulie, Nicole, and James all got picked for veto. It better be the punishments one dammit! Give me something, Production!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

No, I meant Paulie. Paulie's the real HOH, like he has been every week expect when Nicole and Bridgette Frank were HOH.

The internet may be good for many things, but displaying sarcastic comments is clearly not one of them!

• Love 3

Nicole will either throw the Veto or not use it if she wins.  I'm pretty sure Paulie will throw the Veto because he wants Zak on the block and winning it would force him to show his hand.  James?  I think he do the same as Nicole....throw it or not use it.   Has Victor hinted at who he'd name as the replacement nom if Meech or Zak win and take themselves down?

Edited by J.D.

Z applied for "Are you the one?"

From Sucks.  Z did this last night, they asked her why she came out half naked.  Note the whip motion in the last one, that was because Paulie mentioned liking BSDM yesterday.

giphy.gif

note her "presenting" her ass here, and looking over to see if Paulie noticed.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

BB is more interested in the Jersey Shore age ratings. 

I agree that they cast this show, particularly this season, VERY young.  Almost all the women they cast said they were interested in Showmances.  Nicole already HAD one.  Day wanted a "tall chocolate man" but didn't get one, again she said.  Tiffany had to pretend to be bi, admitted on the feeds they made her do that, that she was really completely gay.

Paulie is very close to Derrick.  Derrick is very close to Nicole.  Derrick's dad manages James' appearance "career."  Paulie hangs out with Kass, the casting director.  Paulie DJ'd for many of the casting calls.  Paulie helped interview Josea.  etc. etc. etc.  Derrick specifically instructed Paulie to get out the competent women, and Paulie has made sure to tell every guy there how important that is.

They cast jocks and bunnies, that comment above was pretty right on frankly, if intentionally broad for humor.  Jocks stick with guys.  Bunnies please men.  This particularly immature group of guys consider women playthings and fodder, probably in real life too, but definitely in a game setting. 

Day and Tiff weren't "bunnies" so of course they had to go first.  They were outnumbered by jocks and bunnies, and honestly had no chance.  Tiffany was only there to give another sibling for Paulie's story. 

Day, Nicole, and James are all very weak players who were cast for one reason, because they all named FRANK as their favorite player EVER on BB.  Frank was the chosen winner, or the one they hoped to win, but he sucks so much at this game because of his total JOCK attitudes, that their back up golden boy is taking this, Paulie.  BOTH guys had huge advantages going in. 

Last night Paulie pointed out that the people in the HOH room (the Executives) had won 9 out of 11 comps and they controlled the other two winners, Nicole and Bridgette.

When 9 out of 11 comps are won by guys, THEY WERE DESIGNED FOR GUYS to win.

An older demographic means nothing to BB, they are after the much more valuable 18-45 (or whatever it is) ratings group, and it shows.  So we get this shit show of a season, seriously the worst season I can remember.  BB9 at least had sides going head to head each week, power shifts, people who had their heads in the game.

Paul, the spoiled, loud, obnoxious rich kid is about to go head to head with Paulie I think.  He was overruled about getting Bridgette out, and he'll be overruled about getting Z out as well. 

If Miche wins, Nat will probably go home, because idiot James (the wanna be jock) will do what Paulie (the head jock) tells him to do with those 2 votes, instead of using them to save Nat.

This season blows more chunks than Michelle on a spinning ride.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, me5671 said:

So much word to this!  I've been wondering this myself.  Season 16 was the most egregious in terms of groupthink, but it's been bad in all recent seasons.  Just think of how few close votes there have been.  Almost every eviction has been unanimous or near unanimous, whereas in the past split votes were more common.  The contestants seem unable or unwilling to play the game for themselves.

I do think it's an issue of casting as opposed to an issue of the populace as a whole.  Casting used to cast a few smart people to play alongside the famewhores.  Nowadays, all we get are famewhores.

What season was Helen on?  I feel like that's when the whole "it's what the house wants !!!!!!" thing really got out of control. Maybe it was before that. I have trouble remembering the last time we had people voting for their own interests or throwing hinky votes out there to stir up some shit. It's been a long time.

• Love 2

What's even more frustrating is seeing players like Christine from BB16 saying in pre-house interviews that she wants to vote how SHE wants, not what the house wants. And then doesn't do it.

• Love 3

Derrick specifically instructed Paulie to get out the competent women, and Paulie has made sure to tell every guy there how important that is.

I'd genuinely like to know why Derrick would consider a competent female a bigger threat than a competent male, from a strategic perspective.  I realize that he may be a sexist but I still don't get why a guy would increase his chances of winning by keeping competent males in the game and cutting competent women.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I'mma have to locate BB9 and BB15 somewhere.   Never seen 'em, but every site I go to list those two seasons as the worst.  

Oh god, BB9 - awful! That was the Winter season won by future drug smuggler Adam Jasinski (I bet he won't be asked to participate in BB20) and also featured hateful misogynist Joshuah. With an H.

I've missed everything from the last several days and am trying to read updates here and there to catch up. One thing I saw was Nicole talking to the camera saying that she secretly thinks she has a chance to win this, as opposed to just making it to top 5.  I really want to know how she thinks she can win with her current strategy. I'm sure it involves Corey but she has to see that he's not winning comps and other other guys are beating him at everything and she's not winning any comps either -- how is she going to remain safe? Is she planning on being the clueless female player that gets dragged to end? These are the times when I wish we could hear everyone's thoughts about strategy via DRs.

I read a post here that said that Nicole named James as the Derrick of this season. Was she serious or was she trying to throw people off? I realize that we see so much more than the players see but how could she not understand that James isn't in that tight with the bro's and isn't calling any shots for anybody? She has to realize that although Corey is in tight with the bro's, he isn't making the decisions or having separate sessions with other players to persuade them to go his way. Why then doesn't she suspect that it's either Paul or Paulie filling the Derrick role?

I'm reading that Michelle is crying a lot. Is the main reason just because she's feeling vulnerable and afraid of going next or is there other stuff going on?

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

I'd genuinely like to know why Derrick would consider a competent female a bigger threat than a competent male, from a strategic perspective.  I realize that he may be a sexist but I still don't get why a guy would increase his chances of winning by keeping competent males in the game and cutting competent women.

Anyone who doesn't suck up to men.

15 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Oh god, BB9 - awful! That was the Winter season won by future drug smuggler Adam Jasinski (I bet he won't be asked to participate in BB20) and also featured hateful misogynist Joshuah. With an H.

It really wasn't awful.  The winner was awful and completely rigged, but that season, though it had some distasteful players?  HAD PLAYERS!  Sides!  People who fought to the death to win comps.  Natalie puked but she stayed up there didn't fall and start crying because of it.  Deals were made.  Sides were real and power switched frequently.

I'd take BB9 over many, many seasons, especially these latest seasons, and times 100 over this one.

Have you guys noticed Paul checking all the cameras to see which one is on?  Then he plants himself there. 

This better be punishments, I want to see these fuckers suffer.  I hate them all.  Except Nat.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I think CBS All Access has all the BB seasons on it (not sure about all seasons, but I know it has BB1, 2 & 3 on it).

Somebody told me that once before, but I have CBS All Access and I can't find it.  So if it's on there, it's buried so deep I'll never find it.  

30 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I'mma have to locate BB9 and BB15 somewhere.   Never seen 'em, but every site I go to list those two seasons as the worst.  

I have no idea how BB 9 was on TV, but the feeds?  GOLD.

Something was always happening.  A girl nearly died and we saw paramedics enter the house.  There were HUGE house fights, not house meetings, FIGHTS.  There was sex, but really, not much more than what we are seeing this season.  There was racism, but it was addressed, and shut down, people were horrified and stood up against it.

There was jealousy because of the "pairs" and pre-existing pairs.  It was wild from start to nearly finish.

I agree there were some mean people, but damn the comps were fantastic, everyone fought so hard. 

The rigging was out of control for Adam to win it, but until then?  PURE GOLD.  Also, they still did the old style take no prisoners jury questions, not this canned crap they do now, and we got to see the meltdowns after the harsh and specific questioning on the feeds.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Somebody told me that once before, but I have CBS All Access and I can't find it.  So if it's on there, it's buried so deep I'll never find it.  

When you're on the Big Brother main screen, go to Full Episodes at the top and then it should bring a list of the most recent episodes. At the top of that there is a drag down menu and it will show all the previous seasons.

Even though I've been a fan from the beginning I've never re-watched a season and I usually forget about most of the HG's a couple of weeks after the season ends. But this season has made me so nostalgic for when the game was good I'm going to be taking advantage of it too.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, poopchute said:

What season was Helen on?  I feel like that's when the whole "it's what the house wants !!!!!!" thing really got out of control. Maybe it was before that. I have trouble remembering the last time we had people voting for their own interests or throwing hinky votes out there to stir up some shit. It's been a long time.

Helen was on Season 15, the year of the racists.  I agree, that's when "it's what the house wants!!!" got out of hand, and never really recovered.

47 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

I don't think that "Millenials" are responsible for the groupthink we've been witnessing. I think it stems from the fact that Big Brother is first and foremost a social competition. Unless people enjoy you, unless you fit in, unless your fellow HGs want to keep you in the house, and unless the jurors want to give you their votes, you will fail at the game. Setting youself up to be an outcast is a poor decision in Big Brother, hence the block voting.

Also, I just reviewed the voting history for seasons 2, 3, and 4 on Wikipedia, and there were only about four split votes between those three seasons, so I don't believe it's a generational thing at all.

I don't think it's generational either, but there's no denying that this 'vote with the house' mentality has taken over strategy.  Just look at how the number of unanimous votes has spiked over the seasons.  (For # of votes per season, I counted any vote for eviction where 2 or more votes were cast).

S2- 4 of 7 votes were unanimous
S3- 4 of 9 votes were unanimous
S4- 4 of 8 votes were unanimous
S5- 4 of 10 votes were unanimous
S6- 4 of 11 votes were unanimous
S7- 4 of 10 votes were unanimous
S8- 2 of 10 votes were unanimous
S9- 5 of 10 votes were unanimous
S10- 5 of 9 votes were unanimous
S11- 1 of 8 votes were unanimous
S12- 7 of 9 votes were unanimous (Brigade season)
S13- 2 of 10 votes were unanimous
S14- 2 of 10 votes were unanimous
S15- 7 of 13 votes were unanimous
S16- 10 of 13 votes were unanimous
S17- 6 of 14 votes were unanimous
S18- 2 of 6 votes were unanimous so far (and that # is likely to spike unless there's a power shift and soon!)

I get that sometimes you have to vote with the house so that you don't become the odd man out.  However, it seems that recently the players don't even try to swing the vote or even consider throwing in a hinky vote strategically.  Again, I don't think it's generational... I think it's casting.  But whatever it is, the herd mentality is escalating.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

When you're on the Big Brother main screen, go to Full Episodes at the top and then it should bring a list of the most recent episodes. At the top of that there is a drag down menu and it will show all the previous seasons.

Thanks.  I found it but I may regret finding it. .... LOL.... It's all about forced showmances.  Exactly what I dislike about the current season.  Oh lawd!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Thanks.  I found it but I may regret finding it. .... LOL.... It's all about forced showmances.  Exactly what I dislike about the current season.  Oh lawd!

It isn't all about that though, once it gets going, it rages.  Again though, that was the feeds, I don't remember the TV show that much.

Sheila, the old lady manipulating away, taking a firm stand against racism and calling it out.

Natalie the comp beast, and positive thinker, counting everything in the house, and always having fun, getting them to play hide and seek, always something.

Chelsea being a complete bitch, and throwing easter eggs. 

Crazy James, another comp beast, with a strange tender side.

Amanda nearly dying.  It just never stopped on the feeds.

Edited by Umbelina

I have been on youtube for the last couple of hours and love the refresher course I am getting.  I searched Janelle and Brittany to name 2 and got a solid hit of all their seasons.  Both very strong, competitive, sassy women.  Love them both!  I have no desire to watch an entire season again so this is the perfect hit I needed to remember why I watch BB. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Honestly, BB15 isn't bad. It's an entertaining as fuck season. Yes, there were absolutely wretched people playing that year but from a pure entertainment standpoint, it's actually really good. But there are bits that got edited and are worth seeing on Youtube, like the Gina Marie vs. Amanda fight, with GM calmly building a tower out of Jenga pieces while destroying Amanda verbally. Plus it has Elissa. I love Elissa.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, J.D. said:

BB15 was truly awful for me. I never saw 9, but BB15 was filled with racism and awful people. Most of the decent players went early on. The only one to make it far was Elissa, and that was mostly out of hard work and luck, plus rigging from BB. For me, it was the worst final 3 I have ever seen. None of them were really deserving of getting that far. Andy, I guess, was the best choice, but he was a rat and a major floater. It worked in his favour, but I despised how he got to that point. GinaMarie got second place and she was pretty awful for half the season, obsessed with a guy who went week 2, and the third place guy was one of the many who got fired while in the house and was legit the Pawn for several weeks. When he went up, it was to get the person next to him out. That was his only purpose. There was a lot of bullying in that season, a lot of it very much upfront, especially to Candice and Howard, and the ONLY person who gave no fucks about going against the house and being afraid of the bullies was Elissa, and that's what made her a really big target. I think after BB15, we did see a lot of house votes and a lot more boring moments. BB15, unfortunately, was the last season where the house was consistently entertaining, as sad as it is. BB17 was close, I guess, but I honestly didn't enjoy half the houseguests and I lost the Vanessa/Shelli power duo that I desperately craved. I think as soon as we began getting more Austin and the twins became increasingly more annoying because of it, I tuned the season out. 

So, I mean, definitely give BB15 a watch, but be warned that there's a lot of despicable people and the season does go on a rollercoaster of emotions (you'll really start feeling for Candice/Elissa/Jessie early on). But for entertainment value, each week has some very good moments to watch, especially the week Elissa wins HOH and we see a rare moment of a DR session displaying genuine thinking and non-scripted moments. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Honestly, BB15 isn't bad. It's an entertaining as fuck season. Yes, there were absolutely wretched people playing that year but from a pure entertainment standpoint, it's actually really good. But there are bits that got edited and are worth seeing on Youtube, like the Gina Marie vs. Amanda fight, with GM calmly building a tower out of Jenga pieces while destroying Amanda verbally. Plus it has Elissa. I love Elissa.

BB 15 has some hateful HGs but it was riviting.  I loved it and hated it and that is part of the BB experience.  Fascinating season!  I loved Julie's exit interview with Aryan.  She did an excellent job handling her racism. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Thank you lol. I'm watching it right now. Good stuff. I totally forgot that Gina Marie is basically Cheri Oteri from SNL.

• Love 2
Just now, wings707 said:

BB 15 has some hateful HGs but it was riviting.  I loved it and hated it and that is part of the BB experience.  Fascinating season!  I loved Julie's exit interview with Aryan.  She did an excellent job handling her racism. 

Aaryn's exit interview, paired with her tragic eyebrows, is one of my most favourite Big Brother moments of all time. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I think there are lots of "mature" people who would do the show. They've had HGs of all ages, it's just that they usually only cast one or two "mature" people at a time. This cast is particularly young; I think everyone except Glen was under 35 and most of them are under 30.

That's one of the biggest knocks in the head for anybody over 40 playing BB.  The moment you walk in the door you're instantly part of an immediately identifiable group - "old people" - which will constitute at most 6-12% of the House population (depending upon whether one or two of you were cast), and may therefore be targeted with impunity.

Using myself as an example: I have a real job, so taking off three months in the summer isn't really an option.  Playing BB, therefore, would not be an option until I retire - which means I would be a not-so-pretty mid-to-late-50s man walking into the BB House.  Which also means I would be walking right back out the door somewhere in the first 3 evictions.

4 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Surely this is what you meant to say, what with Victor being the HOH and all?

He *IS*!?!?  ;>

2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Casting has a great part in this, but then........ look at how many millennials people are out chasing Pokemons.

Hey now, I'm a baby boomer who does PG.  Great way to get in your 10K+ steps a day.  :D

1 hour ago, poopchute said:

What season was Helen on? 

That would be The Diarrhea-Overloaded Toilet Bowl Season from Hell BB15.

• Love 6