Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

My random thoughts based on all the comments I just read:

1.  I think Glenn was supposed to be this year's lovable Donny.  Too bad they couldn't have started with some less athletic challenges.  That rocket thing Glenn could barely get on and that tipsy island thing were just too much for him.  I wish the HG's had to compete in mental / memory / counting type games when they first entered the house.  Then maybe Glenn would have lasted long enough to have people get to like him ala Donny.

2.  There's been a lot of Paul -vs- Bridgette comments since I left.  That leads me to believe Paul went ranting on for hours.  Either way, I don't want to watch the flashbacks.  I got enough of Paul's interrogation this morning. 

3.  I'm actually liking Victor since his return.  I didn't care for him when he left, but I think being evicted mellowed him a little.  Good for him.  I only wish he and Corey would hook up.  (Not lying here. ..... I really do wish that).

4.  Where has Day been?  A week ago (or so) I couldn't stand her.  Now, not so much.  She's been so quiet. 

5.  What's this I hear about Frank telling Bridgette to quit giggling, ... or some such thing?  I thought they were besties.  Maybe I heard wrong. 

6.  Wish the girls would quit worrying about their weight.  None of them are fat.  It's sad that they think that way.

7.  James and Natalie are still just as cute as ever.  I'll be shocked if one of them doesn't win AFP.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, mooses said:

Even if Bridgette were HOH, she probably could convince her to do Paulie/Corey, Paulie/Paul or some combination of something, but she'd definitely be too nervous about being guilty by association with her and I don't blame her.

This. She's not going to even try because she knows her position is so precarious. I get it, but it sucks to watch lol. 

2 minutes ago, J.D. said:

That rocket thing Glenn could barely get on and that tipsy island thing were just too much for him.

I mean tbf Glenn was thisclose to beating Corey, a young athletic guy, in that comp.

• Love 2
Just now, J.D. said:

My random thoughts based on all the comments I just read:

1.  I think Glenn was supposed to be this year's lovable Donny.  Too bad they couldn't have started with some less athletic challenges.  That rocket thing Glenn could barely get on and that tipsy island thing were just too much for him.  I wish the HG's had to compete in mental / memory / counting type games when they first entered the house.  Then maybe Glenn would have lasted long enough to have people get to like him ala Donny.

2.  There's been a lot of Paul -vs- Bridgette comments since I left.  That leads me to believe Paul went ranting on for hours.  Either way, I don't want to watch the flashbacks.  I got enough of Paul's interrogation this morning. 

3.  I'm actually liking Victor since his return.  I didn't care for him when he left, but I think being evicted mellowed him a little.  Good for him.  I only wish he and Corey would hook up.  (Not lying here. ..... I really do wish that).

4.  Where has Day been?  A week ago (or so) I couldn't stand her.  Now, not so much.  She's been so quiet. 

5.  What's this I hear about Frank telling Bridgette to quit giggling, ... or some such thing?  I thought they were besties.  Maybe I heard wrong. 

6.  Wish the girls would quit worrying about their weight.  None of them are fat.  It's sad that they think that way.

7.  James and Natalie are still just as cute as ever.  I'll be shocked if one of them doesn't win AFP.

1. Big Brother had to have known he'd be out with those athletic competitions. His only hope was for his team to win immunity.

3. I've been so confused about Victor because he seems like a normal, boring HG. He adds almost nothing to the game, though, except Showmance drama.

4. Day came out of hiding yesterday and made up the plan with Paulie/Paul to get to Bridgette last night. And she managed to put a huge target on Nicole yesterday. She had a good game night. 

5. He was trying to talk to her about what she was upset about (The House told her Frank was campaigning against her), but she had shut down and turned into a child, basically. So he told her he hates her like that and to stop giggling because he was trying to have a conversation with her.

7. I hope Natalie wins. James is way too eager for it.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Zakiyah and Natalie are my under the radar picks. They are very astute and know their shit. They are just very quiet about it. Zakiyah, especially, collects info and keeps that shit to herself. Plus, her memory is on fucking point. I hated when no one gave her credit for when Paul got into the secret room first. She basically solved that shit right away and told Paul, but when she tried to share it, everyone told her she was wrong. She just needs to trust her instincts more and stay close to Day without setting off warning alarms to the guys.

Which is why if this season could have gone differently for me, I would have loved for Zak, Day, Natalie and Nicole to be their own all girls alliance. Those four would have kicked ass, I think. Three of them are very perceptive, and Nicole's good at being very social and trusting. Hell, I think if things had gone differently with Tiffany, those could have been the Fatal Five alliance that we could have loved. 

3 minutes ago, J.D. said:

The one thing that worries me is the fact that Day, Nicole, and Frank are somehow very popular online. I think Day or Nicole could easily take it, unfortunately. I'd rather Natalie took it, but she's so underrated because the show is editing her to be very dim-witted and flirty. I'll be shocked if Day and Nicole aren't the top two for AFP. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Backyard still open. 

It MAY just be an easy questions HOH this week, but maybe, just maybe?

"America is the HOH this week."

Paul and Paulie take your seats on the block. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 12.35.01 AM.png

I really do think James is basically playing his game based on what he thinks America wants.

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 3.02.58 PM.png

Meanwhile, Da'Vonne wants Nicole out, Paulie/Paul want Da'Vonne/Nicole on the block. Hopefully it's the furthest thing from another week of coolness.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Yeah, people are way over the top. Zakiyah was not even on her period. It's still icky, but I've seen worse on this worse. 

If this is true, Zakiyah is going to have bigger issues than not washing her hands.  Raging UTIs and yeast infections, to start with.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

It MAY just be an easy questions HOH this week, but maybe, just maybe?

"America is the HOH this week."

Paul and Paulie take your seats on the block. 

Yea I'm assuming it's a true false comp. 

I would love America to be HOH, but I don't think there's a chance of Paulie getting nommed even in that case. But then I don't really know who would get nommed.

Yeah, mooses, I think I secretly hope Natalie wins as well.  She's much smarter than a lot of people think.  I think she was pretty close to solving the phone booth thing.  She was onto the 'Paris' connection by questioning why the Eiffel Tower was on the Tokyo poster.  She knew it was out of place and that it wasn't by accident.  

8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Which is why if this season could have gone differently for me, I would have loved for Zak, Day, Natalie and Nicole to be their own all girls alliance. Those four would have kicked ass, I think. Three of them are very perceptive, and Nicole's good at being very social and trusting. Hell, I think if things had gone differently with Tiffany, those could have been the Fatal Five alliance that we could have loved. 

The one thing that worries me is the fact that Day, Nicole, and Frank are somehow very popular online. I think Day or Nicole could easily take it, unfortunately. I'd rather Natalie took it, but she's so underrated because the show is editing her to be very dim-witted and flirty. I'll be shocked if Day and Nicole aren't the top two for AFP. 

Natalie's number one on Jokers.  I don't know how credible that is, but I'll take it.  :D

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But then I don't really know who would get nommed.

I truly think, after what could happen in tomorrow night's episode, that Paul will certainly be nominated. Viewers love rooting for the underdogs. Paul bullying Bridgette at her lowest point? He'll probably say some less than nice stuff in his DR which will make him look unsympathetic enough to get him nominated. As for another potential nom? I don't even know who it could be. Paulie has a chance of being nominated, I guess? But Paul's probably going to be a huge one to put up for the casual BB viewer. Again, I can only guess that they're showing a good portion of the Bridgette/Paul 'talk'. And, let's face it, Paul has a way of speaking that can rub off poorly with people. 

Natalie pretty much as the Paris part figured out right off the bat, but she couldn't connect that with the flight number (she did say that it must have to do something with the departure board) and she and James were focused too much on the signs. Everyone else got the 'Paris' clue at least an hour after she voiced it, so she's extremely perceptive, but way too passive. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Natalie's number one on Jokers.  I don't know how credible that is, but I'll take it.  :D

If just the online fanbase was voting for AFP at this very moment Natalie would be a strong contender. But I doubt the casuals even know who she is. Plus if she doesn't make it to like at least F5 I doubt she'd have a chance.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I'm so confused by what's happening with Bridgette.  People want to isolate her from Frank and win her trust, or break her down and destroy her.  Why is either of these necessary?  She's one person.  One person who will be completely isolated when Frank leaves.  Even if she wins HOH, the smartest and easiest way to win her over would have been kindness and positive attention.  She handed her HOH over to Frank before, and would most likely do the same if she were to win again.   I know the boredom is mind numbing, but the group think in this house is unbelievable.  Majority is still the majority.  Why do they get so rattled when one, two, or three people are against the rest of the house?

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I usually have to avoid Joker's every season because I disagree with them. But it seems like these sorry excuse for HGs have banded us all together! What a time to be a Big Brother fan.

The Z thing was gross. I can't believe people didn't make an excuse to get up and leave. That's all I want to say about it. But feedsters usually get over the top about things like this - at least we don't have someone who doesn't wash their hands post-bathroom. 

• Love 1

It's probably just a Roadkill nom that we get.

I really want either a "how bad do you want it?" or, even more, a "punishment/prize" comp.  Paul needs the isolation room for 48 hours.  Michelle needs to kick a soccer ball a zillion times.  Polly needs a vow of silence for 48 hours and to get a penalty nom each time he breaks it.

Sneak peak

(edited)

Thankfully we don't have to hear her a retell about Bridgette's breakdown because James said Natalie already told him. But she did say Da'Vonne telling James that "it" was all Nicole. Da'Vonne is going so hard at this right now - she better hope Corey/Nicole don't win HOH or Veto next week.

I'm confused, though, because don't Da'Vonne & Company know it was all half-lies? But they can't believe that Frank/Bridgette made up.

Da'Vonne also told James the new eviction order. She said they want Nicole/Victor/then she doesn't know. But Paulie actually said he wants Da'Vonne or Nicole next week, and Paul still wants Bridgette.

Edited by mooses

If America is HOH, I see it being Paulie/Corey or Paulie/Paul as the noms.

Nat/Zak could be the next Alison/Jun, but day needs to bring these two together, with them down and fucking talk.

If Day stays long enough, she's going to win AFP, bar none. People love her DR sessions and think she's funny. She's got it...it'll come down to Day and James. But, all depends on how the rest of the season and editing goes.

I tuned in a bit ago and saw Bridgette rubbing Frank's arm or back in bed. Ok then. Can't say I care too much either, but I could see how that might not go over well... And is it just my timing or is Victor always in the kitchen prepping food and/or eating. I do like the guy (except for his laugh). Seems smarter than I first thought, and always upbeat and seemingly a nice guy. Unless I'm wrong he's not said anything hurtful and seems to be one of the few good ones left.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

Frank apparently just got into bed with Bridgette a bit ago. I'm sure that'll be the BUZZ when people wake up and see that. 

He's been sleeping with her for a long time now, but given last night?  Meh, maybe.

Paul round two on his pointless harassment of Bridgette?

• Love 1

I don't understand why Paul's so adamant about getting Bridgette out.  Once Frank's gone she has no one.  She isn't a threat to him.  That's just bold face bullying.  Sorry, but it is.  

• Love 10

Victor constantly eating has been an issue with the rest of the houseguests since the beginning. Apparently he ate multiple pizzas in just one day. With the petty reasons people come up with voting people out, that is going to be his.

IMO, there's no chance that anyone other than Day/Bridgette/Nicole leaves next week, regardless of who wins HOH. Paulie is very close to locking the bro alliance down for good, and none of these women have one damn clue, they're too busy focusing on each other.

I need Paul to go back to being the blindsided underdog so that I don't have the urge to punch him in the face every time I see him. Poor Bridgette, no one deserves that kind of game playing bullshit. And I'm giving Day a serious side-eye in her role in that, even though I know she was only caring about getting the target on Nicole, nothing else.  

• Love 6

Victor made those Pizzas for the whole house.  They didn't want Pizza because they'd just had it, and that wiped out the Pizzas for a week.

Paul is just jealous of Victor playing Paul's game about dropping into conversations.

• Love 2
(edited)

Victor is now making tacos for HGs with meat that smells bad and is expired. Taking out his opponents - what a gamer!

Corey takes out a lemon. "Is this a lemon or a lime?" Victor says it's a lemon.  

Corey: "That's what I thought because Bud Light Lime has green on it."

Edited by mooses
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. She's not going to even try because she knows her position is so precarious. I get it, but it sucks to watch lol. 

I mean tbf Glenn was thisclose to beating Corey, a young athletic guy, in that comp.

Just think another half a second and we have Glenn instead of Coco.   Maybe then Nicole would have played her game.   Who am I kidding, she would've just latched onto a different guy.

• Love 4
(edited)

So lemme get this straight... they KNOW the meat is rancid and they're still going to eat it?!?!?  Oh lawd.... this should be fun in about an hour.

*eye roll*

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ha ha ha!  The DR probably just googled eating spoiled meat and called Victor.  

Oh no!  Natalie got her Nicole voice on there for a minute because she wanted to cook the tacos.  Well she may get the chance if Victor comes back and tosses it. 

ETA.  Natalie is not going to eat the tacos because she doesn't trust the ground turkey.  Good, more of a chance to win HOH. 

Edited by wings707

Watching the show, Michelle's obsession with the eyebrow comment makes so much more sense. She barely has any as it is. And I'm not trying to throw shade, I have the opposite problem, if I don't pluck on a regular basis my eyebrows take over my whole forehead. But yeah, knowing how incredibly insecure she is, especially about her looks, it makes more sense. She's still a nutter, though.

• Love 3

What is about Corey that made the casting people think he would be entertaining to watch ? I mean seriously there is nothing interesting about him and most of the time he looks like he is not thinking at all. I don't even know how to feel about him.

Paul not showering is nasty, nasty. I don't understand the not showering thing.

I'm really enjoying Victor on the feed but I wouldn't want to be friend with him or be around him for too long because he would annoyed me so much.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, kellog010 said:

I don't think I can watch much more of this season. These HGs are horrible for me to watch. Most of them bring out each others worst qualities.

Agreed. I've cancelled my subscription so I'm running on the free month. If things improve I'll just re-subscribe. As it is if Paul, Paulie or Nicole are on I have to switch screens so it just doesn't leave much to watch.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Yeah, people are way over the top. Zakiyah was not even on her period.

But if she had been on her period, she would have literally had................ blood on her hands!

I'm sorry!  I couldn't help myself!

• Love 12
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

I'm really thinking that it's America's HOH. Have they closed down the backyard yet? 

Yea they closed it down a few hours ago. And there was some very loud noises. Like abnormally loud. Maybe they were just fucking with them and it really is America's HOH. That would be so awesome!

• Love 2
(edited)

Wouldn't we have heard if we are going to impact this week?  Julie said, in her talk about this, that we would be able to talk to other fans (yuck) and......?  Something about making a decision of some kind.  I suppose that could be on the spot tomorrow but you would think they need a running start to get people to sign on to CBS access to participate and that reeks of a week of hype in commercials.  Or maybe on twitter?  Still many may not have an account.  

Edited by wings707
(edited)
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea they closed it down a few hours ago. And there was some very loud noises. Like abnormally loud. Maybe they were just fucking with them and it really is America's HOH. That would be so awesome!

We could still be involved in the comp.  Don;t know how though.  I hope this is not another major fail. 

Natalie has a baby flirt voice.  It is not as obnoxious as Bridget's but it bugs me.  I hate it that Bridget's affect annoy's me given her treatment but it does and I am beginning to understand why no one liked her. 

They are eating tacos with soft corn tortillas, no, just no.  Flour soft, you have to fry the corn or heat in a skillet with some oil to give them some texture.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh joy Paulie/Corey/Victor/Paul are broing down right now talking about just getting the girls out one by one.

Come on BB pull through and give us an America's HOH! Although the noms would probably just be 2 girls anyway lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh joy Paulie/Corey/Victor/Paul are broing down right now talking about just getting the girls out one by one.

Come on BB pull through and give us an America's HOH! Although the noms would probably just be 2 girls anyway lol.

Yes.  AG drop your Frank love and help Victor and James look more closely at what is going on!   You don;t want to lose Victor, he is very smart, cleans, has manners and can be your star. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Bridgette is talking to Natalie/James and it's still really obvious that she believed Paul, although everyone she speaks to says they hadn't heard Frank say that she wants to leave - they just heard from someone else that he said that.

At this point, she is just hurt that Frank is campaigning for votes. She said, "I appreciate Paul coming to her." And he confirmed a lot of things that she didn't know was happening.

C'mon. Bridgette has no hope in this House if she can't see that that was a ploy.

James is still upset about Frank not wanting to sit next to someone with kids because he would have no chance of winning.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

What is about Corey that made the casting people think he would be entertaining to watch ? I mean seriously there is nothing interesting about him and most of the time he looks like he is not thinking at all. I don't even know how to feel about him.

This is my eternal question. As I understand it, Corey was recruited because he's friends with Clay. What was so interesting about Clay that they wanted to have another version of him on the show? I guess TPTB enjoyed Clay's showmance and appreciated his eye candy value, but why would those things make them think that his friends would be good HG's? Personally, I found Clay vapid and dull, so I would assume that his friends were... vapid and dull. Similarly, why did they think it would be a good idea to cast Paulie? He's the sibling of an extremely dull and vapid HG who only got to the end being a goat for the player who dominated that season. To me, there's nothing interesting or compelling about Paulie. He's attractive in a very average way, but that's about it. I can't imagine looking at Cody and thinking, "How can we get someone just like him for the show?" It would actually have been more interesting to bring Cody back with his "almost won" story than to have his younger, equally dull and vapid brother playing. I imagine that there are literally thousands of conventionally attractive famewhores who would love to be on the show, so why not choose ones with interesting personalities, unusual backstories, and/or good game skills? Why do they cast SO MANY people who look good in bathing suits, but bring literally nothing else to the table?

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, mooses said:

Bridgette is talking to Natalie/James and it's still really obvious that she believed Paul, although everyone she speaks to says they hadn't heard Frank say that she wants to leave - they just heard from someone else that he said that.

At this point, she is just hurt that Frank is campaigning for votes. She said, "I appreciate Paul coming to her." And he confirmed a lot of things that she didn't know was happening.

Of course Frank is campaigning, it is BB.  He should not have told her he wouldn't, okay got that.  It is BB!  Just everyone please play the fucking game and stop with the hurt feelings.  What Nicole has done is part of the game too. Time to own it and explain for whatever that may be worth.  Water under the bridge for everyone.  It is a new game everyday, go with it.  ARG! 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, mooses said:

C'mon. Bridgette has no hope in this House if she can't see that that was a ploy.

James is still upset about Frank not wanting to sit next to someone with kids because he would have no chance of winning.

I haven't had the stomach to watch the feeds much but has he been campaigning? People on this forum seem to agree he never said that Bridget wanted to leave, yet people on the chat feeds say that he did. From what I can gather he said that she didn't want to be in the jury house with these idiots which is the truth but she said that in a fit of anger after the noms.

I don't think she has any hope in the house and quite frankly I wonder how she even gets along in life. I watched the flashback of last night and her tendency to regress to childlike behavior when hurt or overwhelmed is kind of troubling. Even Frank was getting annoyed by it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Even Natalie said: "He's not campaigning against you, he's campaigning for himself." 

He clearly wants to stay, and he's trying to stay. But I haven't seen him campaigning against Bridgette, really. I don't know if he told Paulie that, but apparently Paulie was there when Bridgette was saying that stuff and Paulie told Frank last night that he was the one saying it.

I don't like Frank and I don't particularly care if he goes, but I do think he really is Ride or Die with Bridgette. I've seen him asking Paulie/Da'Vonne to take care of her and work with her after he leaves. So the fact that Bridgette believes Paul and the others, who have been treating her like garbage, and appreciates Paul for what they did last night, is just really naive of her. They were actually laughing at her after she broke down yesterday. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

Yeah, there are a lot of people who have surpassed Frank on my "can't stand" list. I hate to make excuses for him, but I've come to believe that he just has a really immature sense of humor and the comments he made towards the women reflect that. It's obvious he cares about Bridgette more than anyone and last night during their talk he was giving her crap about the hair on her toes, saying it was gross, etc. The physical touching is not cool, but it seems once he knew it upset the girls he stopped. Ugh, I don't know. His loyalty and kindness to Bridgette has made me dislike him less I guess.

• Love 7

Frank is nice to Bridget because she is the only one he has.  Of course there is a basic kindness in him, most everyone can touch that spot..  No one is totally "bad,"  There is a flirtatious aspect that he enjoys with her, as well.  I am sure Bridget annoys him as much as she irritates me. 

He has overplayed as he did in season 14.  He cannot finesse, he is a zero to 60 guy.  I am not looking at his slapping asses, that did not rile me.  I am talking about his game.  

• Love 3