Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Bunny, Skull, Bunny, Skull

• Start Topic

So, Sophia's ok....well not exactly ok, but she's back where she's supposed to be.

Morello and Suzanne being friends was something I never expected, but it works. 

Aleida being out of prison, adjusting to the world again, was kind of rough to see. But hopefully she can stay out of prison.

Pennsatucky trying to fit in with the 'white girl' group again? It's clear she's changed a lot since the first season, and actually for the better. 

I'm really glad to see Nicky still mad at Luschek. He's definitely still wrapped up in his pride. 

So, the attempted hiding of the body has been discovered. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

This whole white pride thing is really getting on my nerves. I don't like any of those chicks, not even Leanne or friend whose name I'll never remember. I know there's only a few episodes left, but I really need it to end soon.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AmandaPanda said:

When Maritza started describing everything that happened with the mouse, I started tearing up for her. These new guards are truly psychotic.

I know. it's like - all of these guards are part of the Stanford Prison Experiment or something,

• Love 7

Why isn't anyone talking to Healy or Caputo about what's going on with all this guard bullshit? I know they don't know what happened to Maritza but everyone can see what's going on with Blanca and now Piper. They're all aware of the invasive searching, even if they're not all subjected to it. I know it could be kind of rough before, but it feels like they're descending into Dante's inferno or something. I don't know enough to know if this is legal (but unethical) treatment and perhaps that's where the prisoners are in all this. But it seems to me that making an inmate to stand on a dining table in her own urine to force her take a shower is kind of dicey on the humane conditions that jails/prisons are expected to maintain.

• Love 1

I don't think many of the women view Healy as someone who is much help in a bad situation. Caputo has been pretty absent from the prison while playing the corporate game. He hired the new guards, put Piscatelli in charge and trusted that everything was fine in his absence. The situation did seem to escalate quite quickly as well. Bayley mentioned his concerns but that obviously didn't help the situation.

• Love 3

Not to mention, even the one guard asked if Caputo was ok with the table punishment, and Piscatelli told him that if Caputo cared about what was going on in the prison, he'd come down and see it himself.  Caputo doesn't have any reason to think that anything is amiss at the moment.  Though, I am surprised that Taystee hasn't mentioned anything to Caputo, since she's the one inmate that has one-on-one access to him.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Maysie said:

Why isn't anyone talking to Healy or Caputo about what's going on with all this guard bullshit? I know they don't know what happened to Maritza but everyone can see what's going on with Blanca and now Piper. They're all aware of the invasive searching, even if they're not all subjected to it. I know it could be kind of rough before, but it feels like they're descending into Dante's inferno or something. I don't know enough to know if this is legal (but unethical) treatment and perhaps that's where the prisoners are in all this. But it seems to me that making an inmate to stand on a dining table in her own urine to force her take a shower is kind of dicey on the humane conditions that jails/prisons are expected to maintain.

I know many of the other women don't have that option, but from previous seasons, isn't Piper still in contact with her lawyer? Seems like a better person to talk to than the Captain of the guards.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I know many of the other women don't have that option, but from previous seasons, isn't Piper still in contact with her lawyer? Seems like a better person to talk to than the Captain of the guards.

Excellent point. In fact, isn't it possible there would be some media contacts she still has access to from her time with (ugh) Larry?

Now that Sophia's wife knows that stuff is wonky, at least with Sophia, and has filed her lawsuit, I'm hoping that at least leads to something.

(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, nosleepforme said:

Glad Caputo finally came to his senses, though he should have dumped Linda right after he gave the picture to the whatever his name is guy.

Haven't watched the next episode, but given that this one ended shortly after he gave the phone to that guy, it's still a possibility.

Now that a white, reasonably privileged, woman is standing on the table, that particular punishment might go away. Hard to say, things are going to get kind of crazy now that the body's been found.

Loved the song at the end. And laughed hard at the sneeze-drop.

Edited by clanstarling

I think the table punishment is now going to be an issue less because there's a white prisoner up there and more because there are now two prisoners being very publicly punished. I'm guessing that now that the assassin guard's body (or at least part of the body) has been found in the garden, the table punishment may become a moot point. With a dead body, they will probably put the entire place on lockdown so they won't be able to spare a guard to watch two prisoners stand on a table. They'll most likely be sent back to their bunks with everyone else.

I have not been a fan of Piper since the very beginning of S1 but this episode reminded me that sometimes her behavior comes from a good place. Even though she is nowhere near friends with any of the Dominican girls, she brought Blanca some food because she knows that Blanca is a human being.

I laughed so hard when that phone fell out but I'm glad that it was put to good use by Caputo. And I'm SO glad that the sister's sacrifice paid off. She is far braver than I am to deliberate get herself sent to the SHU to check on Sophia. I was relieved when Sophia got her note.

Poor Maritza. I love her friendship with Flaca though. I'm glad that Maritza was able to tell Flaca what happened and that Flaca was suitably horrified. I hate the guard mentality that this is a brotherhood where they protect each other at all costs. No, you shouldn't treat a coworker like the weird cousin who just happens to put cockroaches in blenders.

For the record, I like The Wiz!

• Love 1
On June 20, 2016 at 5:42 PM, nosleepforme said:

The scene between Maritza and Flaca was easily the most heartbreaking scene of the season so far.

I loved that Piper stood up for what's right and not just for her own interests, but for someone else for a change - and then it's even one of the people who branded her. Taylor Schilling is also really good at expressing empathy. I'm happy that she's back to being somewhat recognisable as a human being.

Aleida's story was similarly heartbreaking to watch. Watching these characters in prison is one thing that's in a way completely escapist, even though the show touches on big social issues, but seeing Aleida get out of prison with no opportunities or options underlines the whole point of the show: the forgotten people in society for whom they're is no magical film magic solution to their problems and struggles.

Glad Caputo finally came to his senses, though he should have dumped Linda right after he gave the picture to the whatever his name is guy.

I feel like the racial tensions are much more organic this time around as opposed to how it was in season two. Though I honestly don't need more screen time on the Nazi girls next season. So I hope we will not see too many of them get the limelight once the story of this season has served its purpose. I'm sad Pennsatucky is hanging with her old gang.

Norma has been really in the background this season after being so prominent in season three.

Again, kudos for portraying Nikki's struggle with addiction so authentically.

Look forward to seeing what will happen with Alex's storyline.

Aleida's perspective interests me. I'm not surprised that she's cool with Cesar's side chick (as that often happens), but I was surprised that she was offended for Cesar that she was seeing another man. He's in PRISON! And she's not even the "main chick", so she's supposed to be "loyal" to Cesar when his number 1 woman is someone else AND he's in prision? That's just twisted logic right there. I am also amazed at how many women are in prision due to crimes they committed with men. (Often husbands or boyfriends). 

• Love 2

What happened to Maritza was horrible, but the scene where she told Flaca was so sweet. I love their friendship.

I was kind of sad that Judy King backed out of movie night when she saw what was going on. I was hoping she and Black Cindy were forming a genuine friendship via their fake romance. It would have been a nice balance to the racial strife.

I like to think I would stand up for someone being mistreated like Blanca, but if she had just branded me . . . probably not. It does seem like there are more realistic and effective ways for Piper to handle the situation. I can see guards getting away with all the behind-the-scenes bullshit, but something this public would get out.

All the stuff with the sister was great. I loved the note passing and her holding the phone in her cooch. 

Why did Aleida leave her cousin's and go back to her boyfriend's babymamma? Her cousin did seem like nothing but trouble, so maybe Aleida was just being smart. I hope she doesn't end up back in prison like Taystee. I hope we continue to see her struggles in the real world as she tries to make a new life for herself. That's something we haven't seen on the show so far.

• Love 2
On 7/25/2016 at 2:59 AM, Sesquipedalia said:

Why did Aleida leave her cousin's and go back to her boyfriend's babymamma? Her cousin did seem like nothing but trouble, so maybe Aleida was just being smart.

The cousin was selling VCRs -- not much market for them and quite likely stolen.  So "babymomma" was probably a better choice.