Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, anamika said:

http://watchersonthewall.com/video-footage-monumental-meeting-yet-another-main-character-joins-fun-gaztelugatxe/

Melisandre at Dragonstone. I am utterly confused now...

But it does gel with the spoilers about her bringing Dany and Jon together.

I don't know if that's her, but Melisandre being banished from the North doesn't mean she's still not trying to help Jon if she finds out that Dany has landed with her dragons. Maybe she sees her in the flames too and heads her direction to speak to her about the threat of the WW. I think it makes complete sense that she might already be there.

I'm liking all these connecting threads and the barely 6 degrees of separation that exist between the characters.

Can I just though that one of my favorite things about Jon being in Dragonstone is that he goes from one ancestral home (Winterfell), to another (Dragonstone) and he has no idea about it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know if that's her, but Melisandre being banished from the North doesn't mean she's still not trying to help Jon if she finds out that Dany has landed with her dragons. Maybe she sees her in the flames too and heads her direction to speak to her about the threat of the WW. I think it makes complete sense that she might already be there.

I'm liking all these connecting threads and the barely 6 degrees of separation that exist between the characters.

I could see Melisandre somehow ending up at Dragonstone in advance of Dany's landing, since she would already be familiar with the location and it's not as though a Baratheon would be there to stop her.

(One scene I have in mind: Dany enters the fortress and sees those fetuses in jars that Selyse kept, and shudders visibly, before Melisandre appears out of nowhere to explain what they're about.)

20 hours ago, anamika said:

The show has been known to take short cuts. I don't think they will even address Dany's fertility issues but if they do, they will solve it very quickly whichever way they want. Like Dany's fire immunity or Mel being 400 yrs old - their dealing with magicky things are fickle and can change when necessary.

Dany's fertility seems to be a major issue in the books and if should be very relevant to the ending, unless Dany dies before the conclusion and before she can give birth. If she believes Jon to be Targaryen, she should encourage him to marry someone else (or merely to take a second wife, beside her) so the line does not get extinguished.

I think this will play a role, if not in this season then in the last one.

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Just when I thought that I could not be more excited, I see the picture of Jon and Daenerys together. Finally! I cannot wait to see how their relationship unfolds. 

She thinks she's the last living Targaryen, but there's another standing right in front of her. It's pretty incredible to think about. And then you wonder how she'll react when she finds out he's also related to Ned Stark, who helped the Usurper take the Targaryen throne. There are just so many levels of their relationship that could come into play.

I dunno about Dany's infertility. I think it's strongly hinted in the books that she could have a child. So it could happen on the show. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Sophie was snapped in London with fans.

In that instance, we didn't get any source on when she arrived in Belfast or when she left, only that she was there on the 20th.  Whatever filming she was doing obviously didn't involve Kit, of course.

All these spoilers are so exciting!  I couldn't care less who Jon ends with (if I had to pick someone, I'd prefer Val, but since she's not on the show, that will probably not happen in the books either), but it makes me happy to get new information on the upcoming season.  Can't wait for next year to see how this all plays out.

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 1

Yooooooo

Stark soldiers and Dothraki in the same scene! Talk about worlds colliding. Would have been more fun if there was some Wildlings there as well.

Edited by anamika

So now that filming has moved to Zumaia, the filming leaks have stopped.

...LOL, just kidding, there's footage of the Dothraki extras hauling what I assume is Jon and Davos' boat on to the beach. The photo posted upthread seems to be Jon and Davos being welcomed by Missandei and the Dothraki (Tyrion also looks like he's there but concealed partially by the object in the foreground.) There also appear to be some Stark soldiers in the mix, as anamika pointed out.

Javi says that filming will theoretically continue until Sunday (extras were told to make themselves available until the 30th).

The nighttime grotto scene to be filmed on Itzurun beach at low tide was speculated to be Jon and Davos' arrival of Dragonstone, but it looks like they arrive in broad daylight, which begs the question of what the nighttime grotto scene is for.

A Seville news website, reporting on upcoming filming, said that a guy who as far as I can tell is some sort of member of the city administration, Antonio Munoz, has said that the Atarazanas shipyard scene will be a fight scene, and that the Italica ruins scene will be a huge battle. The latter goes against what the leaker claimed, but if a big battle is to be filmed at Italica, it will quickly become apparent.

Edited by Eyes High
Just now, Eyes High said:

The nighttime grotto scene to be filmed on Itzurun beach at low tide was speculated to be Jon and Davos' arrival of Dragonstone, but it looks like they arrive in broad daylight, which begs the question of what the nighttime grotto scene is for.

Guess that the sexy nighttime grotto scene is for a flirty Jon/Dany scene. 

24 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The latter goes against what the leaker claimed, but if a big battle is to be filmed at Italica, it will quickly become apparent.

But the Dothraki taking away Jon's boat is exactly what the leaker said, which was

Jon and Davos arrive at Dragonstone. Tyrion meets them on the beach, and the Dothraki take their ship

We see this in the pictures and videos. This more or less confirms for me that the leaker is in the know.

1 hour ago, anamika said:

But the Dothraki taking away Jon's boat is exactly what the leaker said, which was

We see this in the pictures and videos. This more or less confirms for me that the leaker is in the know.

I don't doubt that the leaker has legit inside information. However, the leaker is clearly missing some information, and there are errors in the information the leaker has already provided (the leaker initially claimed that Brienne stayed at Winterfell all season, something we now know to be wrong). Moreover, some of the leaker's claims are pretty outrageous: Jon's real name is "Aegon," Viserion is turned into a wight dragon, Thoros dies after being attacked by a wight polar bear, etc. So the question is how much is legit and how much is wrong (and/or made up).

The leaker claimed that the dragonpit scene takes place near the end of the season. So far, so good, Javi has said as much. The leaker has characterized the dragonpit scene as a parley between Cersei's forces and Jon/Dany's: after a successful mission north of the Wall to capture a live wight, Team Dany produces a live wight to demonstrate the threat to Cersei. It is "killed" in the dragonpit in front of Jaime and Cersei, only to resurrect. Shaken, Cersei agrees to an armistice so that everyone can join forces to combat the WW threat, but privately confides to Jaime that rather than assisting Team Dany, she intends to let the WW wipe out her enemies. Jaime is disgusted and leaves Cersei to head north.

If the leaker is correct, the dragonpit scene won't be a battle at all. The only "action" will be from the wight. However, the local politician seems to think that there will be a big battle filmed at Italica. They can't both be right. I'm skeptical about the local politician's belief that a big battle will be filmed at Italica, since they've only reserved a little more than a week for filming there (Nov. 1-12), as opposed to the month or so of filming the big battle scene near Las Brenas (or the month it took to film the BOTB). Still, Javi has said that the Italica dragonpit scene is an "action" scene, and the leaker's version doesn't sound like it has much action in it.

• Love 1

Based on the way Wights behave in the books, all the Others/WW would have to do is stop animating the wight and Jon would only have a decayed body to display. It seems unlikely that he would attempt to prove anything that way, unless Melisandre or some other sorcerer can stop the WW from de-animating the wifght.

Some of the commenters on WOTW are suggesting that Mark Mylod is filming some of these scenes.  That's not terribly surprising, of course, but it would suggest he's probably doing 703 and/or 704.

I'd been thinking, if this is headed toward J/D romance, they may want to get Jon to Dragonstone by 703 rather than 704, as I'd earlier been speculating.

Edited by SeanC

Maybe Jon's season begins with the Northern kids wrapping up the Karstark/Umber plotlines in 7x01, then in 7x02 he talks about the Dany news and decides she might be a good ally, and in 7x03 he reaches Dragonstone. I don't see him skipping any episodes in a shorter season. If he does return North for a wightnapping operation, as the leaker claimed, he could leave Dragonstone in 7x04 after getting to know Dany, add some Northern characters to his team in 7x05, catch the wight in 7x06, and go south again for a dragonpit meeting with Dany and the Lannisters in 7x07.

4 hours ago, Eyes High said:

The leaker claimed that the dragonpit scene takes place near the end of the season. So far, so good, Javi has said as much. The leaker has characterized the dragonpit scene as a parley between Cersei's forces and Jon/Dany's: after a successful mission north of the Wall to capture a live wight, Team Dany produces a live wight to demonstrate the threat to Cersei. It is "killed" in the dragonpit in front of Jaime and Cersei, only to resurrect. Shaken, Cersei agrees to an armistice so that everyone can join forces to combat the WW threat, but privately confides to Jaime that rather than assisting Team Dany, she intends to let the WW wipe out her enemies. Jaime is disgusted and leaves Cersei to head north.

I love everything about this.

3 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

Maybe Jon's season begins with the Northern kids wrapping up the Karstark/Umber plotlines in 7x01, then in 7x02 he talks about the Dany news and decides she might be a good ally, and in 7x03 he reaches Dragonstone. I don't see him skipping any episodes in a shorter season. If he does return North for a wightnapping operation, as the leaker claimed, he could leave Dragonstone in 7x04 after getting to know Dany, add some Northern characters to his team in 7x05, catch the wight in 7x06, and go south again for a dragonpit meeting with Dany and the Lannisters in 7x07.

Yeah there's not gonna be any need for an epic no holds barred Episode 9 (or 6 in this case).  Every ep in this season is gonna be fucking bonkers.

Your timeline makes sense.  Episode one is usually set-up/wrap up cliffhangers but TWOW took care of the latter and with the shortened season there's no room for lollygagging (aka boob filler).  As we've seen in the last couple of seasons travel hindrances don't seem to happen anymore (regardless of it being winter now) so I could see him in Dragonstone by 7.3.  Someone upthread  mentioned the importance of the Obsidian being there providing further motive to move faster.

21 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

This timeline makes sense to me. I agree at some point he'll return north. I mean he has to, right? There has to be some sense of urgency now about defeating the wights. And hey, now they have dragons and an ally who could help them.  But I really want him to reunite with Bran and Arya. Although I suppose Arya's whereabouts are still a mystery. I just want all the Starks to be together again!

I will say I'm excited to see Jon and Tyrion reunite (loved their season 1 interaction), and for Jon's reaction to Theon if that meeting occurs.

Also it sounds like they will be making liberal use of Baelish's teleporters this season.

So we were probably right about the leaker. They had some details and filled in the rest with (bad) guesses. I guess the only real question left is: Will the Wall sex happen and how cheesy/campy will it be? Sorry...I just have to call it "Wall sex." I know they won't be having sex on the Wall or anything...it just sort of seems appropriate. Unless they really ARE having sex on the Wall and it comes down. Oh good Lord. 

7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

This is so typical stupid Cersei that it must be true. They are dragging out Cersei's death because they love Lena Headey, but I look forward to it in season 8. 

Shaken, Cersei agrees to an armistice so that everyone can join forces to combat the WW threat, but privately confides to Jaime that rather than assisting Team Dany, she intends to let the WW wipe out her enemies. Jaime is disgusted and leaves Cersei to head north.

I realize that D&D have never really been able to write Jaime's character, so I can see this happening.

But, we're really to believe that Jaime can see past Cersei incinerating a significant portion of Kings Landing, declaring war on the Faith Militant and Highgarden, driving their sole remaining child to commit suicide, and disregarding all principles of succession to have herself crowned.

But, this, which is pretty much right out of their "what would Daddy do?" playbook, is the deal-breaker of him?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

I realize that D&D have never really been able to write Jaime's character, so I can see this happening.

But, we're really to believe that Jaime can see past Cersei incinerating a significant portion of Kings Landing, declaring war on the Faith Militant and Highgarden, driving their sole remaining child to commit suicide, and disregarding all principles of succession to have herself crowned.

But, this, which is pretty much right out of their "what would Daddy do?" playbook, is the deal-breaker of him?

In fairness, the Starks and Baratheons aren't exactly the threat the white walkers are.

9 hours ago, SeanC said:

Some of the commenters on WOTW are suggesting that Mark Mylod is filming some of these scenes.  That's not terribly surprising, of course, but it would suggest he's probably doing 703 and/or 704.

Yeah, it's definitely Mylod.

Of note is that nothing we've seen of Jon on Dragonstone (meeting right away with Dany's top advisers, shaking his old buddy Tyrion's hand, and being very close to Dany when he's in his fur cloak) indicates his being being locked up as a prisoner, as I believe the leaker alleged. Even the Dothraki holding his swordbelt doesn't mean much, as he was also unarmed for his visit to Bear Island last season.

When it rains spoilers, it pours: a scene with Theon arriving on the beach with some Ironborn and Jon confronting him was filmed. (Now kiss.) Jon grabs him by the lapels and yells at him but eventually storms off in a huff, while Davos and Missandei look on. No sign of Yara.

GOT is prepping a new (fake) snowy set in the Mourne Mountains in Northern Ireland.

That's pretty much what the leaker has said, although according to the leaker there's an interlude where Team Dany temporarily ditches Jon at Dragonstone to embark on an attack on Jaime's forces (the "ambush" scene that's to be filmed at Las Brenas). The tricky part is that it seems likely that Tyrion's involved in that attack (WOTW's information was that it was two Lannisters), but he's also confirmed to be heading to KL in Episode 5 with Davos. So I guess the question is that if the leaker's right, when does that attack take place? 7x04ish?

As for the leaks, yet another element of the leaks has been confirmed (Jon confronting Theon). The leaker's knowledge of the outdoor scenes filmed in Spain has been impeccable so far. I wonder if the rest of their information will be as good, or whether they only have information relating to outdoor filming in Spain and made up everything else (Jon/Dany boat sex, e.g.). With that said, impeccable knowledge of scenes filmed in Spain would allow some correct inferences to be made as to the Northern Ireland material, like if there really is a live wight in the dragonpit scene, it's a fair bet that someone on Team Dany went beyond the Wall to get it. We'll see.

I just noticed that Tyrion is wearing a different outfit in the beach welcome scene from the one he's wearing when he's walking along the walkway with Dany. (The former has a striped tunic, the latter has a solid-coloured tunic with striped sleeves.) Different episodes, maybe? The lighting in the walkway scene was very different from the lighting during the beach filming, but I suppose they could fix that with filters and other tricks.

Edited by Eyes High

I think we pretty much have the entire Dragonstone storyline laid in front of us scene by scene. I want the North storyline to remain unspoiled so that we can continue to make wild and often times wrong speculations until the show airs lol! But if PAP4U heads back to Belfast, we may get more pics from there as well.

Also, I think Yara is a goner. Which sucks. Ghemma Whelan did a great job. Jon-Theon looks intense and I love that Jon is giving it to Theon for what he did to the Starks/Rodrik and those two children.

As for Sansa, Arya, Bran, here is how I see it:

Episode 1: Jon settles the North business, Sansa not pleased, Arya deals with the Freys/Edmure, Bran and Edd talk

Episode 2: Jon gets message about Dany and possibly leave at the end just when Bran turns up, Sansa/LF stuff, Arya heads North and meets Nymeria?

Episode 3: Bran and Sansa catch up, Bran possibly tells Sansa about R+L=J , LF plots, Not sure what Arya does.

Episode 4: Arya turns up and reunites with Bran/Sansa, Sansa not happy about R+L=J and tries to convince Bran to take over as KITN, LF manipulates Arya with some letter

Episode 5: Arya or Bran realize that LF is upto no good, let Sansa in on it and they plot against LF

Episode 6 : They kill LF - will be a big episode for them.

Episode 7: Sansa or Arya head south to the Dragonpit with Brienne.

Possibly one of these episodes will be all about the big battle down south and very little North plot, but this could be one of the ways that the WF plot could go.

Edited by anamika
19 minutes ago, anamika said:

I think we pretty much have the entire Dragonstone storyline laid in front of us scene by scene. I want the North storyline to remain unspoiled so that we can continue to make wild and often times wrong speculations until the show airs lol! But if PAP4U heads back to Belfast, we may get more pics from there as well.

Also, I think Yara is a goner. Which sucks. Ghemma Whelan did a great job. Jon-Theon looks intense and I love that Jon is giving it to Theon for what he did to the Starks/Rodrik and those two children.

As for Sansa, Arya, Bran, here is how I see it:

Episode 1: Jon settles the North business, Sansa not pleased, Arya deals with the Freys/Edmure, Bran and Edd talk

Episode 2: Jon gets message about Dany and possibly leave at the end just when Bran turns up, Sansa/LF stuff, Arya heads North and meets Nymeria?

Episode 3: Bran and Sansa catch up, Bran possibly tells Sansa about R+L=J , LF plots, Not sure what Arya does.

Episode 4: Arya turns up and reunites with Bran/Sansa, Sansa not happy about R+L=J and tries to convince Bran to take over as KITN, LF manipulates Arya with some letter

Episode 5: Arya or Bran realize that LF is upto no good, let Sansa in on it and they plot against LF

Episode 6 : They kill LF - will be a big episode for them.

Episode 7: Sansa or Arya head south to the Dragonpit with Brienne.

Possibly one of these episodes will be all about the big battle down south and very little North plot, but this could be one of the ways that the WF plot could go.

I agree Yara is likely a goner. Shame.

It is possible that the leaker is pretty much in the dark about the Winterfell storyline in Season 7, although the leaker seems to have gotten at least one thing right (Bran turning up at Winterfell, since Meera's actress was spotted at the Winterfell exterior set at Moneyglass). It could be that the only thing the leaker knows is that Sansa, Arya and Bran are at Winterfell and none of them wind up in the Jon/Dany storyline in the south.

The way Maisie and Sophie talked about Season 7 made it sound as if some heavier shit went down in their storylines than "LF tries to mess with Arya and Sansa but fails and is killed by Arya LOL." I guess it could play out as angsty if Sansa and Arya have some big fight dredging up all their sisterly baggage (Lady, etc.), but "heartbreaking," as Maisie described it? Doesn't sound like it. I guess if the leaker is right, it could still play as heartbreaking if Sansa and Arya are permanently and irreparably estranged as a result of LF's interference, even after his execution, but I dunno. Even assuming Maisie's referring not to a Sansa/Arya storyline but to GOT Season 7 as a whole, from what the leaker has said it doesn't sound particularly heartbreaking, either.

29 minutes ago, anamika said:

Question. Why would Sansa be unhappy with R+L=J? I could see her being potentially upset that her father told a lie that hurt her mother very deeply, but being unhappy? I'm not a Sansa fan at all. Not in the books, not on the show, but her coming off as some bitter person will not do her any favors, she's already used Jon to get what she wanted (Winterfell, and also personal opinion that she used Jon).

I think Bran will keep what he knows to himself, until Jon comes back to Winterfell, especially if he knows what LF has been up to, and I think he will know exactly what LF has done. Maybe he tells Sansa that if he sees that she is too much in his web.

Have Ned's bones been returned to Winterfell? 6x09 made it sound like they had when Jon said they would bury Rickon next to his father, but I don't remember then ever mentioning anything directly about them.

And Yara is probably a goner. And it's really too bad. She is/was a really awesome character.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Question. Why would Sansa be unhappy with R+L=J? I could see her being potentially upset that her father told a lie that hurt her mother very deeply, but being unhappy? I'm not a Sansa fan at all. Not in the books, not on the show, but her coming off as some bitter person will not do her any favors, she's already used Jon to get what she wanted (Winterfell, and also personal opinion that she used Jon).

The thing is , even after she got the scripts, Sophie talked about how Sansa's story next season was whether she would side with LF or stay loyal to Jon. Specifically Jon. LF has been manipulating her by talking up Jon's bastardy and half brother status. Why should Sansa act against Arya or Bran, the rightful Lord of Winterfell? Bran bringing up the fact that Jon is not even their half brother, could push Sansa to make sure that WF belongs to the Starks. Maybe Arya and Bran disagree with her - Arya because it's Jon and Bran because he sees the bigger picture and knows the imminent threat of the WW and Sansa finally realizes this as well and helps them take down LF.

29 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The way Maisie and Sophie talked about Season 7 made it sound as if some heavier shit went down in their storylines than "LF tries to mess with Arya and Sansa but fails and is killed by Arya LOL." I guess it could play out as angsty if Sansa and Arya have some big fight dredging up all their sisterly baggage (Lady, etc.), but "heartbreaking," as Maisie described it? Doesn't sound like it. I guess if the leaker is right, it could still play as heartbreaking if Sansa and Arya are permanently and irreparably estranged as a result of LF's interference, even after his execution, but I dunno. Even assuming Maisie's referring not to a Sansa/Arya storyline but to GOT Season 7 as a whole, from what the leaker has said it doesn't sound particularly heartbreaking, either.

Yeah, Maisie's enthusiasm with the scripts does not correlate with this story. Arya, especially, seems not to have much to do other than execute LF. Unless Maisie is excited about Arya bringing down House Frey, freeing Edmure and then killing LF. Maybe she is just excited that Arya is playing an active role in Westeros instead of being stuck in Braavos. As for 'heartbreaking', maybe it is not particularly referring to their story. I think Emilia Clarke also mentioned that it was sad and heartbreaking and all that. Depending on how they play it - Olenna, Yara or even Viserion's deaths could be heartbreaking.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

It is possible that the leaker is pretty much in the dark about the Winterfell storyline in Season 7, although the leaker seems to have gotten at least one thing right (Bran turning up at Winterfell, since Meera's actress was spotted at the Winterfell exterior set at Moneyglass). 

Bran turning up at Winterfell isn't terribly hard to guess, if one is debating whether the leaker is making stuff up or not.  The only other option is hanging out at the Wall with Dolorous Edd.

But yeah, the leaker seems to know quite a lot about the Spanish shooting, if nothing else.

Just now, SeanC said:

Bran turning up at Winterfell isn't terribly hard to guess, if one is debating whether the leaker is making stuff up or not.  The only other option is hanging out at the Wall with Dolorous Edd.

But yeah, the leaker seems to know quite a lot about the Spanish shooting, if nothing else.

Well, a lot of stuff that the leaker has claimed about the Dragonstone plotline wasn't "terribly hard to guess"--Davos finding Gendry in KL, Jon and Davos going to Dragonstone, Dany landing at Dragonstone, Tyrion meeting Jon on the beach, etc.--but nobody did guess those things. I don't find "Anybody could have guessed it" persuasive as an argument against the leaks, because the reality is that nobody did.

It is entirely possible that the leaker's knowledge was not only limited to the Spain shooting, but limited to the Basque region shooting. I will be interested to see whether the leaker's accuracy continues for the Spanish shooting in Seville, Cordoba and Caceres. I find it hard to believe that there will be no significant leaks when it comes to the dragonpit scene, or the big ambush scene to be filmed at Las Brenas. The leaker made a number of specific claims about the dragonpit scene and the ambush scene that should be pretty easy to prove or disprove (wight greenscreen, Randyll and Dickon Tarly being burned, etc.).

I guess Sansa's theoretical ire over R+L=J could have something to do with the fact that Jon was acclaimed KITN at least partly because Ned Stark's blood ran in his veins (that was the basis of Lyanna Mormont's speech), meaning that he "usurped" Sansa on false pretenses. Bad enough that he took the KITN title on the basis that he was Ned's bastard, now he's not even Ned Stark's son but rather a bastard Targ and possesses a title to which he has no right. Or at least that's how LF will spin it...? Who knows?

The funny thing about the filming leaks is fans making dumb assumptions based on the leaks which are almost immediately disproven when subsequent leaks are released a few hours later:

[Footage and photos leak of Jon standing in front of Tyrion and Missandei, surrounded by Dothraki soldiers]

Fans: Oooooh, Jon's going to be SO PISSED at Tyrion!!!

[Photos leak of Jon extending his hand to Tyrion first and Tyrion taking it]

Speaking of filming leaks, if Mark Mylod was spotted filming the beach scenes in Zumaia, we might be closer to a director-episode list for Season 7

7x01/7x02: Jeremy Podeswa

7x03/7x04: Mark Mylod

7x05: Matt Shakman

7x06/7x07: Alan Taylor (by process of elimination, although it would make sense to put a heavy hitter like Alan Taylor at the end of the season)

I saw news that Miguel Sapochnik had been tapped to direct Sinbad, and instead of being happy for him, all I could do was worry about what this meant for the odds of him returning to film for Season 8.

11 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The funny thing about the filming leaks is fans making dumb assumptions based on the leaks which are almost immediately disproven when subsequent leaks are released a few hours later:

[Footage and photos leak of Jon standing in front of Tyrion and Missandei, surrounded by Dothraki soldiers]

Fans: Oooooh, Jon's going to be SO PISSED at Tyrion!!!

[Photos leak of Jon extending his hand to Tyrion first and Tyrion taking it]

Or the assumption that Jon is Dany's prisoner and the next spoiler we see is Jon attacking Theon and Dothraki do nothing to stop it!!

11 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

I saw news that Miguel Sapochnik had been tapped to direct Sinbad, and instead of being happy for him, all I could do was worry about what this meant for the odds of him returning to film for Season 8.

No worries. We have another year before filming for the even shorter season 8 begins. I am sure David/Dan and HBO has locked down Sapochnik for the final episodes of season 8.

Edited by anamika
17 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Well, a lot of stuff that the leaker has claimed about the Dragonstone plotline wasn't "terribly hard to guess"--Davos finding Gendry in KL, Jon and Davos going to Dragonstone, Dany landing at Dragonstone, Tyrion meeting Jon on the beach, etc.--but nobody did guess those things. I don't find "Anybody could have guessed it" persuasive as an argument against the leaks, because the reality is that nobody did.

Most people were assuming Bran would go to Winterfell.  I certainly was.  Where else would he go?  I don't think that's comparable to any of the others (other than, perhaps, Dany landing on Dragonstone, though I wasn't sure the show would remember the significance of that location or not in respect to Dany's campaign).

The leaker clearly has a decent amount of inside information, and I'm perfectly willing to believe that much of what he says about the North is true, but if one is checking his accounts against filming information to see how much of it is true, stuff that is easy to guess counts a lot less with me than the harder guesses he's made (the bulk of the Spanish filming falling into that category).

Incidentally, if the wight-hunting expedition is real, I expect that's the Iceland filming we've heard about.

34 minutes ago, anamika said:

No worries. We have another year before filming for the even shorter season 8 begins. I am sure David/Dan and HBO has locked down Sapochnik for the final episodes of season 8.

I wouldn't be surprised if they plant fake outdoor scenes for the final season.

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

Incidentally, if the wight-hunting expedition is real, I expect that's the Iceland filming we've heard about.

There was a report or something along those lines when the Iceland filming was announced that "six major characters" would be going. The leaker said the expedition would include Jon, Dany, Tormund, Thoros, Beric, the Hound, and Gendry. (Jon also gets Benjen's horse at some point...?) Seems a bit thin on the "major characters" front to me.

Assuming Dany and Jon are part of the group going beyond the Wall as claimed by the leaker (and as claimed by that alleged gossip source I mentioned upthread), the leaker's timeline for the trip fits. As far as confirmed info goes, we've got Jon having an early scene with the rest of his squad and Megan Parkinson's character in Episode 1 or 2, Dany arriving at Dragonstone in Episode 1 or 2 (since she's already well established when Jon arrives), Jon/Davos arriving at Dragonstone (Episode 3/4), and later on Jon meeting Dany (Episode 3/4). Episode 5 is Davos and Tyrion's trip to and from KL. Episode 7 is the dragonpit scene with Dany and Davos in KL. The only wiggle room for a big expedition north with Dany and Jon is in Episodes 5 and 6 (6 if Gendry is with them). 

The funniest part of the leaks, though? Jon's high-heeled boots (compared to Theon's flat soles). Oh, Kit.

Edited by Eyes High
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's possible that she'll realize that the circumstances that led to Jon's conception are the same circumstances that led to the deaths that so scarred her family, Robert's rebellion, basically everything that happened afterwards (and yes it can be argued that the Mad King would have set off a rebellion eventually in any case, but bear with me). It also will give a new level of poison to LF's comments at Lyanna's tomb. After hearing of the evil Targaryans her whole life, suddenly the "runt" bastard brother is one and now has to go South (like Rickard, Bran 1, Eddard, Robb) to face Stark enemies and possibly now unite with HIS Targaryean relative. The Starks have already paid a high price for Targaryan folly, I can see Sansa being concerned about the next round of bloodletting. 

• Love 2

This only confirms that Sansa sees the small picture as opposed to the other one where army of ice zombies is coming their way. Anyway...

I just realized that I'm very much hoping for a Jaime/Jon scene just because of how he mocked him in season 1 when they had their scene together. I'd like to see the look on his face when he realizes that the stuff he was making fun of is actually real.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

There was a report or something along those lines when the Iceland filming was announced that "six major characters" would be going. The leaker said the expedition would include Jon, Dany, Tormund, Thoros, Beric, the Hound, and Gendry. (Jon also gets Benjen's horse at some point...?) Seems a bit thin on the "major characters" front to me.

Assuming Dany and Jon are part of the group going beyond the Wall as claimed by the leaker (and as claimed by that alleged gossip source I mentioned upthread), the leaker's timeline for the trip fits. As far as confirmed info goes, we've got Jon having an early scene with the rest of his squad and Megan Parkinson's character in Episode 1 or 2, Dany arriving at Dragonstone in Episode 1 or 2 (since she's already well established when Jon arrives), Jon/Davos arriving at Dragonstone (Episode 3/4), and later on Jon meeting Dany (Episode 3/4). Episode 5 is Davos and Tyrion's trip to and from KL. Episode 7 is the dragonpit scene with Dany and Davos in KL. The only wiggle room for a big expedition north with Dany and Jon is in Episodes 5 and 6 (6 if Gendry is with them). 

You forgot Jorah. So it would be Jon, Davos, Jorah, Tormund, The Hound (Gendry and BWB) and Dany arriving at the last moment to save them.

2 hours ago, anamika said:

Or the assumption that Jon is Dany's prisoner and the next spoiler we see is Jon attacking Theon and Dothraki do nothing to stop it!!

According to the leak, Jon is not prisoner but he can't leave either. Apparently they take away their weapons and boat. So it seems to be more of a in-between situation 

I don't remember reading anything in the leaks about Sansa's ire agains Jon for R+J. Is there another part of the leak or is just speculation on your part?

I love the Jon/Theon meeting. Too bad Jon does not punch Theon in the face. There is still lots of time for Theon to die though. Things aren't looking good for Yara who deserves damn better than a terrible death at Euron's hands. On the other hand, I am so looking forward to Littlefinger's death, may it be long and painful and at the hands of a Stark.

If Jaime and Brienne only get one scene and it is anything like last season, I will take it. I just hope that there is hope for Jaime.

Edited by SimoneS
20 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Did the leaks mention a Hound/Sansa reunion?

No, and if the leaker is correct about Sansa staying at Winterfell the entire season, Jon not returning to Winterfell after leaving early on, and the Hound staying with Team Jon when he appears, the leaks indicate that they won't reunite.

However, we know that Brienne is at the dragonpit scene. If the leaker is wrong about Sansa not being at the dragonpit scene, but right about the Hound being there, then that would mean a Hound/Sansa reunion, right?

New pics of Jon and Dany walking what I assume are the Dragonstone battlements together. Seems to be a different episode than the scene filmed with Jon on the stone staircase, since Jon is dressed differently (without his armour neckpiece) and Dany is wearing a black outfit and some sort of silver thing that looks like a cape.

ETA: Iain Glen is in Spain! Jorah Mormont is in the house!

Edited by Eyes High
10 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

No, and if the leaker is correct about Sansa staying at Winterfell the entire season, Jon not returning to Winterfell after leaving early on, and the Hound staying with Team Jon when he appears, the leaks indicate that they won't reunite.

Did the leaks ever explain how Jon and Dany even met the Brotherhood?  I don't recall there being anything on that point.

Iain Glen is now in Spain, perhaps for Oldtown filming.  Or else he's going to be holding a boom box forlornly outside Dany's bedroom window while she and Jon make sweet love.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 4

Maybe they'll turn out to have horrible chemistry, but right now simple shots of Jon/Dany going on walks feel like the most exciting GOT set spoilers ever. And Jorah gets to watch Dany fall in love with Ned's son - that could be fabulous.

I'd forgotten that Oberyn mentioned his eight daughters in season 4, so I guess Euron can kill all the unpopular Sand Snakes and Dany can have a line in season 8 about how she's given Dorne to Sand #4, if the show wants to tell us who ends up getting Sunspear instead of hoping we never think about that plot again.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Did the leaks ever explain how Jon and Dany even met the Brotherhood?  I don't recall there being anything on that point.

According to the leaks, Jon, Dany, Davos, Jorah and Gendry head to Eastwatch, where Tormund is in charge. Tormund had arrested the Hound, Beric and Thoros and had thrown them in the dungeon. They'd been heading north following the Lord of Light's command.

Maybe they'll turn out to have horrible chemistry, but right now simple shots of Jon/Dany going on walks feel like the most exciting GOT set spoilers ever. And Jorah gets to watch Dany fall in love with Ned's son - that could be fabulous.

That could be funny.

Jorah: Please tell me the Queen got rid of Daario.

Tyrion: Yeah...uh...I have some good news and some bad news...

The leaker claimed that Jorah makes his way to Dragonstone by 7x05 and has said that Jorah appears in "most of the season."

Euron can kill all the unpopular Sand Snakes

If the leaks are right, it sounds like Euron's main job will be Dorne Storyline Cleanup Duty. That, and killing Yara.

ETA: There was a photo just posted of someone giving instructions to Kit, Nathalie and Emilia on the beach. Matt Shakman?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, ElizaD said:

Aren't they just! I cannot wait. I am totally cool with Daenerys and Jon getting to know each other and falling in love, but there is a part of me that cannot shake the feeling that the show might balk at being supportive of them committing incest. 

2 hours ago, SeanC said:

Or else he's going to be holding a boom box forlornly outside Dany's bedroom window while she and Jon make sweet love.

Seriously!  Dude finds a cure for Greyscale and can't wait to run back to his Queen --- only to arrive moments after she meets her soulmate.

say-anything-review.jpg

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Edith said:

I don't remember reading anything in the leaks about Sansa's ire agains Jon for R+J. Is there another part of the leak or is just speculation on your part?

Just speculation. Earlier, I was thinking that the ire against Jon was because Sansa thinks that she can do a better job as Queen as opposed to Jon. But with Jon hardly around to make decisions that irritate Sansa, if we get Sansa Vs Jon, then it could be because of R+L=J.

Jon has so far met Theon, Tyrion and Dany. If he meets Jorah as well, it will be grand! I want them to talk about the Old Bear.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 1

I know that the leaker said that Petyr tries to pit Arya and Sansa against eachother.  But I hope it doesn't happen.  Arya's whole thing is that she can spot a liar and really shouldn't be manipulated.  (Were the pap photos taken awhile back of Arya filming supposed to indicate that she comes back in episode 1 or 2?)  I want Littlefinger to try to turn some of the northerners against Jon while he's in the south.  

Also, if the leaks are true, Sam doesn't find out anything about the White Walkers?  Why would he be looking into who Rhaegar married anyways?  I'm hoping that Bran and Sam actually both accomplish finding out something about their weakness, anything.  

I thought that this season would resolve a few of the storylines like a death for Cersei, and maybe Clegane vs Clegane, Jon finding out who his father is.  If the leaks are all true, it seems like a lot of stuff has to go down in those last 6 episodes.  

28 minutes ago, amandawoods said:

Why would he be looking into who Rhaegar married anyways?

Maybe he doesn't go looking for anything, but stumbles upon it?

Hasn't Sam and Maester Aemon had discussions about the PtwP where Maester Aemon was certain it was Dany? Maybe he's just following a trail for something and stumbles upon whatever. 

Glover is back this season, so I'm wondering if Jon doesn't name him advisor to Sansa while he heads south, because she will be needing support and advice from someone who isn't LF.  

Edited by YaddaYadda
I can't spell for shit
39 minutes ago, amandawoods said:

Arya's whole thing is that she can spot a liar and really shouldn't be manipulated. 

That's in the books. On the show, Arya can only change faces and fight in the dark. Plus, any character who enters Sansa's story arc in the North automatically suffers from a drop in IQ.

• Love 6