Type keyword(s) to search

The $100,000 Pyramid - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

For things with a zipper I would have said "Your fly."

That's what I was thinking, especially after he said pants. Which part of the pants?

Also, since when do you "seal" a coat? Maybe 'the front of a coat,' or the 'closure of a coat'...Sometimes they give a bad clue that throws the other person off track, and then they repeat it and it makes it worse.

10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I can't watch this show all the way through. That players can do or say anything to get a response staggers me. No limit on words (like 25 Words or Less) or miming ... someone has to be really dense not to be able to give or act out clues. It's more than I can take. And some categories, like Give The Second Name and the clues were Obama and Winfrey ... geesh. Come on show, you are killing my brain cells.

These things annoy me, too, but I still enjoy the show.

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This was strange. Lorraine Bracco gave the clues twice in a row, in rounds 2 and 3, in the first game, but not in the second. Then Rosie O'Donnell did the same thing in the second game - was the giver twice in a row. 

Now, in the original (Dick Clark) version, the celeb gave in round one, the contestant gave in round 2, and then they got to choose to who gave in round three. But in this version, up until now, it's been a consistent trade-off, with the contestant giving first and third. If they have changed it to allow them to choose in round three, they are editing it out. So it's confusing.

I noticed Rosie giving the clues when it was the contestant's turn, but I missed it with Lorraine. I do wonder if, like you said, the contestant is being given the choice but that's edited out. I don't know why it would be edited out.

For things with a zipper I would have said "Your fly."

I thought of that, too, but then wondered if that would be considered the same thing as a zipper rather than something WITH a zipper. The guy saying "sealed coat" and "noisy coat" was driving me crazy. He was such a great clue giver otherwise.

Boy, at the beginning of the first show when Michael said to Lorraine that she was certainly recognized all the time, I said that no one would recognize her anymore with all that plastic surgery.

Paige Davis looks the same as she did when she left Trading Spaces.

(edited)

How about "a change purse," or "a closed change purse," for "things with a zipper"?  It might have helped to get Rosie thinking beyond qualities of clothing.  Now I think of it, many close with a clasp instead, so maybe not.  I thought of "a carnival" too, as in the flipping rides, but that's probably too obscure.  Last try: "brand name freezer bags"?

I hope Lorraine is well.  Her voice didn't sound good at all.  My closed caption even added "[hoarsely]" at one point.  I was really interested to see her play but she wasn't great.  Neither was anyone else this time, really.  Too bad.

Dante did "Million Dollar Password" with Regis a decade and change ago.  His name was a subject of discussion then too, and it somehow stuck in my mind.  I can still hear it in Regis' voice.  He markets himself as an actor, I recall.  Great name for that.

Edited by 853fisher

I also thought of "fly" for zipper, but good point about judges saying that's another word for zipper, like joey is for kangaroo. I though of the back of a dress or evening gown, tv women are always having their man zip up their dress. I would have said the front of a ski jacket, or closure of a ski jacket, instead of a sealed coat. I don't even know what a sealed coat is. And i guess neither did the player!

(edited)

Paige Davis looks the same as she did when she left Trading Spaces.

Except for the hair. Skunk is not a good look on anyone.

I also thought of "fly" for zipper, but good point about judges saying that's another word for zipper, 

It isn't though. The fly is the actual opening. There are button-fly jeans, for example. 

Edited by iMonrey

For Things With a Zipper, how about "a removable cushion cover" along with other clues like "a ski jacket, a backpack, a sleeping bag."

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The fly is the actual opening. There are botton-fly jeans, for example. 

Yeah, you're right. Aside from botton. ;)

I thought Lorraine always had that raspy voice. Maybe it's more pronounced now, but it really didn't sound too much different to me from how she's always sounded.

• Love 1
(edited)

From last week’s episode… Chili was buzzed as a clue for TLC and multiply wasn’t accepted for multiplication (though I can understand the latter), yet the judges allowed “rosemary” beads instead of rosary?

And then this past episode “laze around” was an acceptable clue for “lazy.” I’ve given up trying to figure out the judges.

Edited by dmeets
34 minutes ago, lambertman said:

Rough hour overall. I wonder if the producers decided to rip off the band-aid by putting the two worst-played eps of the season together. At least I hope they were! 

I thought they did pretty well in the first round. Though that "good sir" thing got old real quick.

Then that first winner's circle had some really tough ones.

"Things with scenes" is a hard one to get at. Never heard of Joe Gatto or Sal Vulcano or their prank show but I thought both were pretty good at this. That pre-planned congratulatory thing with the contestant was annoying but it's interesting to learn they have an opportunity to interact with the contestants before the game. Never knew that before. 

The second half hour started off OK but when they switched places for the second game, neither team could connect for shit. It was embarrassing. 

• Useful 1
39 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Never heard of Joe Gatto or Sal Vulcano or their prank show

I've heard of the show (not something that appeals to me, though), but I couldn't have named a person associated with it. Though I feel like I've seen Joe somewhere before.

These must have been filmed longer ago than I thought if Quibi was still on.  I didn't think I'd heard of any of the four celebs (none of their shows sound like they're for me), even the two who had played before, so I guess they didn't leave much of an impression on me.

The first Winner's Circle definitely seemed the hardest, but I didn't mind.  It reminded me of "the old days."  Michael's "Tony the Tiger's flakes" was a great clue for "frosted."  I also thought of "opaque window glass" and "cold beer mugs."

I don't think I like the judges' ruling on "Harry Potter Terms."  If they meant "Terms IN Harry Potter," they should have said so.  I would have clued "wingardium leviosa" and "Muggles" and so on anyway, because those are "terms."  But once they didn't buzz on character names, which I would argue are not "terms" as commonly understood, I thought they lost the right to be picky.  "Bestseller" and "septology" are "Harry Potter Terms," I would argue (I'd be a fool to give them, but that's another question).  Why not the author's name?  They should have worded the category with more precision if what they wanted were terms used in the books, unless I'm just being very obtuse.

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

"Things with scenes" is a hard one to get at.

"A script" followed by "a call sheet" might have done it.  Definitely tough.

9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

That "good sir" thing got old real quick.

Perhaps uncharitably, I thought that perhaps there was a reason some family members lived several continents away.  The screeching woman in the second half was also obnoxious.  I wish they would cast people other than very "on" 20- and 30-somethings.

It's interesting to learn they have an opportunity to interact with the contestants before the game. Never knew that before. 

That surprised me too.  In the Dick Clark days, he would ask, "[celeb], have you met your partner?" and the response would be "yes, we just did," which I took to mean "just now when I sat down and said hello."  I thought more contact was not permitted.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

These must have been filmed longer ago than I thought if Quibi was still on.  I didn't think I'd heard of any of the four celebs (none of their shows sound like they're for me), even the two who had played before, so I guess they didn't leave much of an impression on me.

I looked a few weeks ago and it seems they were filming last August.

I know Desi Lydic from The Daily Show; I like her and I hoped she'd do better. The first two I didn't know but I have heard of the show. Didn't recognize the other guy at all but google tells me he was on the Trading Spaces reboot so I must have seen him. 🤷‍♀️ (He was only on one episode.)

On 7/8/2021 at 10:57 AM, iMonrey said:

That pre-planned congratulatory thing with the contestant was annoying but it's interesting to learn they have an opportunity to interact with the contestants before the game. Never knew that before. 

I didn't think that was pre-planned. I mean, the contestant obviously planned it, but Joe Gatto just picked up on it quickly. That was my impression.

I used to watch Impractical Jokers with my BIL. Sometimes it was pretty funny. Sometimes I'd get tired of it.

I thought the first half of the show with Joe and Sal was good. Those two guys and the two contestants were all very good. I actually didn't mind the guy who did the "Good sir!" stuff. I don't know why it didn't bug me.

As for the second half, ugh. I'm not really a fan of Desi Lydic. I don't really like her humor on The Daily Show. She really wasn't terrible here, but I'm very surprised she didn't get Harry Potter immediately. 

I've never heard of Mikel Welch (and was surprised when his name rhymed with Raquel Welch). What the heck is Murder House Flip? I guess I need to google that.

Right now I'm googling the lyrics to 'Old Town Road' because I can't figure out how "bladder" can be in a song.... "Riding on a tractor, Lean all in my bladder"? What?

18 hours ago, peeayebee said:

"Riding on a tractor, Lean all in my bladder"? What?

"Lean" is a noun in this context, cough syrup or other substances mixed with soda and sometimes sweeteners.  It's also known as "purple drank."  I learned a lot as a peer counselor in college.  Suffice it to say that Lil Nas X's music is not for me.

• Useful 3
(edited)

I like Dulce Sloan. Glad she won both rounds because that Bridget person I've never heard of was annoying.

Kathy Najimy and Mario Cantone are usually good for a decent game.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1

I've heard of Bridget Everett, although I'm hard pressed to name what I've seen her in. I knew Dulce Sloan. Neither were the worst players we've ever seen, but nor were they the best. They missed some really basic answers. It's embarrassing when it looks like they don't know words. Like "orbit."

I question whether "the earth's center" would have been allowed for "things with a core." Technically the earth's center is it's core. I don't know if Michael comes up with those clues on his own or if the writers hand them to him, but I have a feeling it would have been buzzed on the original version.

For "things that crash" I thought of cymbals. 

• Love 3

Cymbals is a good one. I thought of a computer or hard drive. But the 1929 stock market was perfect. 

When Dulce, I think, was giving clues for "GO," I was screaming for her to say, "Not stop but." (Was it Dulce?)

Fluoride is a fancy word for mouthwash? Oy.

Michael: This is how we break a tie...
Dulce: Fisticuffs!

As for the second half, I never heard a penis called a jimmy. 

I've also never heard the nursery rhyme about a teapot that has "Toot! Toot!" in it. Is that really a thing? I would have said/sung/mimed, "I'm a little..."

I'm sorry Dominique didn't get a chance in the Winner's Circle. I always like both contestants to get in there.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Michael: This is how we break a tie...
Dulce: Fisticuffs!

lol, I missed that. But it sounds like something she'd say.

I also thought 1929 stock market for things that crash, and "I'm a Little..." for teapot.

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know if Michael comes up with those clues on his own or if the writers hand them to him

They’re always so good,  so I always thought they’re given to him.

• Love 3

When Dulce, I think, was giving clues for "GO," I was screaming for her to say, "Not stop but." (Was it Dulce?)

Yeah that was rough. "1 - 2- 3" is not a good clue for "Go."

I always like when Rachel Dratch is on; she's good at the game. Some comedians are too busy trying to be funny to play well. Ana Gasteyer, too. I even liked both their contestants. That was a good game.

The second game was good, too, if a tad more... chaotic.

• Love 1

Both good games. 

I thought it was really nice when Chris said that Maddy was "wicked smart," but then how funny when "Wicked Smaht" came up as a category!

I'm so glad both Chris and Maddy won $50,000. 

For "pat-a-cake" I would have simply mimed doing that, but what Chris did worked, too.

Famous People was tough. Maybe if Risa had said the names more casually that would have clued Murr in to it being something simple. Or maybe not using all proper names, like... I don't know. A Guinness record breaker? :shrug:

I was happy to see Murr. He's my favorite Impractical Joker. However, he was giving me a heart attack.

The thing with Jazz Hands was funny since Risa used her hands so much.

It always bothers me how Michael pronounces Antigua. I always thought it was ann-tee-GWA. I checked online. One place had ann-tee-gah, and another (with an apparent native speaker) had ann-tee-gwa.

• Love 1

Four celebrities I have never heard of, ever. That second game was so sports-specific I would have been totally lost. Especially in that first round where every clue was something about Michael Jordan. 

In the first game, during the first winners circle, the contestant was buzzed for time anyway so I guess it's a moot point but she should have been buzzed for "harasser on Facebook" since that's a qualifying sentence. You can say "Facebook harasser" but not the former.

I wonder if you could have said "Quartet" for things that come in fours. I was surprised they got buzzed for saying "Bare" for "things that are exposed." I guess it is a simile but they really play fast and loose with the judging these days.

I was also surprised they gave him "historic women" when all he said was "famous women." Those are not necessarily the same thing.

The contestant (Andy) was visibly annoyed with Joe Tessitore for not getting "things you wish on." That was a relatively easy subject and he gave tons of good clues. Cost him $100,000.

• Love 1

And they had so much time for that last one! So frustrating. It's also kind of annoying to me when the clue receiver keeps throwing out answers. It can certainly work, but it also can interfere with the clue giver. If I were giving the clues, I'd be tempted to say, "Shut up a minute so I can think!" Anyway, his last clue of birthday candles was excellent, and if they had more time I think Joe would have gotten it. Maybe.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:43 AM, iMonrey said:

I wonder if you could have said "Quartet" for things that come in fours. I was surprised they got buzzed for saying "Bare" for "things that are exposed." I guess it is a simile but they really play fast and loose with the judging these days.

Hard to say about 'quartet.' I wouldn't risk it. As far as 'bare,' at first I thought it was wrong to get buzzed, but then 'bare' is a synonym for 'expose.' The guy should have said naked breasts.

I first saw Ryan Eggold in The Blacklist. Now he's stars in New Amsterdam. He's very appealing. However, New Amsterdam has gotten ridiculous, so I don't watch anymore.

I didn't know Elizabeth Marvel's name, but I've seen her in many things.

I absolutely hated that the judges accepted "runaway" for RUNWAY. First off, of course, Elizabeth was giving the wrong clues. It's not runway bride. So Tess was giving appropriate responses to her clues. I felt bad for her. Maybe Michael should have told Elizabeth to look at the word again since she was misreading it. Then she should have just said, "This is a show about fashion. Project ..."

Escape Room was tricky. Ryan negotiated around saying "room" but that was hard.

For Things You Deflate, I kept thinking 'ego.'

• Love 2

I thought when the woman stopped trying to get Passover and said “pass” she should have been buzzed 😀

I guess all the good clues for things you wish on were given, since Michael didn’t swoop in with one.

Edited by opus
  • Love 2

The first game tonight (Ginger Zee & Dascha Polanco) was pretty good, but damn, that second game was terrible.

Hey, Real Housewife Lady, this ain't Jeopardy.

And no, a river is not a small lake. 

Use your freakin' words, people.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 5

OMG. The Real Wives game was a complete train wreck. Those women were almost as bad at this as Joey Tribiani was. And that one, in the first round - yeah, she apparently thought she was on Jeopardy. They must have stopped taped after that and filled her in. To be completely fair the contestants were pretty bad too. The whole thing was just painful to sit through.

The first game was better, but Dascha really screwed the pooch on that first round when it was her turn to give. She was better at receiving. 

For "other things marijuana is called" I was kind of surprised he didn't get buzzed for "Mary Jane" because that's almost saying the actual word.

• Love 3

The second game, man, I was literally covering my face. It was horrible. The Real Housewives were awful. The contestants were a little better. I wonder if the show deliberately pairs so-so players with so-so celebrities.

"A rose. A crystal wine glass."
"Vases."

Vases? WTF!?

I was kinda surprised at how bad the contestant Kacy was at giving clues. Heck, the whole show was a train wreck.

I was also surprised that in the Silly String category, there were THREE tough words to get: finally, literally, and legally. The clue of Legally Blonde was good, but what are good ones for the other two words?

In the first game I was again shaking my head at the judges ruling, allowing "sandals" for "sand." Yes, I know the word "sand" is in "sandals," but that's not the word. Grrrr.

Dascha giving the clues for mud -- Of course she should have said, "It's water and dirt mixed together," but instead she said something like "It's dirty," and "It's on the side of a mountain." Then when Eric said, "Dirt," she says, "No, something else." Well, THAT helps. :eyeroll:

I was glad that both contestants in the first game got to go to the Winners Circle. I always like that.

ETA: I thought that over the pandemic, Zoom overtook Skype for videoconferencing. I know that people used to always say they were going Skype, but I wonder if more people now say they're going to Zoom.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 1

OMG. The Real Wives game was a complete train wreck. Those women were almost as bad at this as Joey Tribiani was. And that one, in the first round - yeah, she apparently thought she was on Jeopardy. They must have stopped taped after that and filled her in. To be completely fair the contestants were pretty bad too

I don't think we can evaluate how good the contestants were because the Real Wives were such a bizarre mix of stupidity and "let them eat cake-ish".  One of them practically recoiled when they were given the clue "bucket" - Her face said: "You expect me to know what such a plebeian thing is?"

The contestants realized pretty early on that they had to make a huge paradigm shift to have any hope of getting any words. Clues one might give to a normal person had to be abandoned while the contestants scrambled to find words that a poorly educated rich person might know. Even then, a clues like "rose" and "wine glass" which should be in their wheelhouse, they didn't know. The Real Wives frame of reference is so narrow, that it was hard to find. 

I would have died laughing if the contestant who had to get the Real Wive to say "Pale" had given up and just said "Paper! Snow! A Ghost!". If they wanted to connect, "Skin tone once the spray tan fades". 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, ams1001 said:

The first game tonight (Ginger Zee & Dascha Polanco) was pretty good, but damn, that second game was terrible.

Exactly why, after a few rounds of the Really Dumbass Housewives, I flipped over to a Star Trek rerun, never to return.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I was also surprised that in the Silly String category, there were THREE tough words to get: finally, literally, and legally. The clue of Legally Blonde was good, but what are good ones for the other two words?

Opposite of figuratively for literally?

• Love 1

I love when Ana Gasteyer is on. It's always a good game. The other guy wasn't quite as good but he wasn't bad, either.

Clay Aiken, in his flowered jacket that looks like my grandma's wallpaper: "I'm very butch now." 😂 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Clay Aiken, in his flowered jacket that looks like my grandma's wallpaper: "I'm very butch now." 😂 

Lol--he's so funny!  He once wore a similar jacket on The View and said, "I look a little bit like a sofa." 😄

He's a quick player.  Too bad on his first round, he was paired with a not very good contestant.  She gave weird clues for the Egyptian category.  For "chariots," she gave the clue, "Blazing......"   WTF?  And for "board game," she referred to the game they were playing which was not a "board" game. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Lol--he's so funny!  He once wore a similar jacket on The View and said, "I look a little bit like a sofa." 😄

heh...I debated between comparing it to "wallpaper" or "couch."

15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

He's a quick player.  Too bad on his first round, he was paired with a not very good contestant.  She gave weird clues for the Egyptian category.  For "chariots," she gave the clue, "Blazing......"   WTF?  And for "board game," she referred to the game they were playing which was not a "board" game. 

Sometimes I think they get too caught up in the category and forget that the clues don't have to be related. For board game I was thinking Monopoly or Risk. Not sure how I would have gotten to chariot. Maybe "what they drove in Ben Hur"? Or "80s movie 'of Fire'"?

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 3

I love when Ana Gasteyer is on. It's always a good game. The other guy wasn't quite as good but he wasn't bad, either.

Luke Kirby. He started off very slowly but warmed up toward the end. In his defense, his partner was a little too manic. That was a bad pairing.

I call foul on the Winner's Circle. When the subject was "tortoise" Ana said "turtle" and the contestant said "another name for that." She should have gotten buzzed! The rules were always very clear on the OG version - you can only list things. There's no way she should have gotten away with that.

Was there no Mystery 7 in the second game or did I miss it?

Ashanti started out pretty well but then really spiraled. She was terrible in the bonus round and horrible in the second game. Good grief, she couldn't even come up with a clue for the letter "t" beyond "it's a letter in the alphabet." Um, how about "after s"? 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

She gave weird clues for the Egyptian category.  For "chariots," she gave the clue, "Blazing......"   WTF?  And for "board game," she referred to the game they were playing which was not a "board" game. 

Yeah, that was bad. I think the woman got the movies "Blazing Saddles" and "Chariots of Fire" mixed up in her head. That's all I could think. I thought of "What they drove in Ben Hur" for chariots. 

As for the board games, I would have said something like, "These come in a box, you play them. Monopoly, Scattergories..."

3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I call foul on the Winner's Circle. When the subject was "tortoise" Ana said "turtle" and the contestant said "another name for that." She should have gotten buzzed! The rules were always very clear on the OG version - you can only list things. There's no way she should have gotten away with that.

I was wondering about that. The judging on this show, sheesh.

Was there no Mystery 7 in the second game or did I miss it?

I think that must have been the last category left, that they didn't play because the other team's score was so low.

I was so frustrated with Luke Kirby. Too slow and thoughtful. :)

Clay Aiken was surprisingly good. He did some impressive pulling-words-out-of-his-hat tricks when the clues weren't all that good. In the Winners Circle he was sitting not only with his eyes closed, but with his legs crossed. I wonder if anyone had done either of those things before.

Ashanti was so good in the first round, then it seems like she got nervous in the Winners Circle and just didn't recover. What a shame.

Funny that in the first game, in the game show hosts category, one of the names was "Drew" [Carey], and I think the person somehow said Barrymore, or maybe the clue giver did. Then in the second game, when the clue "Drew" was given, the person said Carey instead of Barrymore. Anyway, the clue giver (Ashanti, I think) should have listed movies, or at least said, "She was the little girl in E.T. Drew..."

So funny when Ana was giving the clue for Casablanca, she mimed Groucho saying, "Here's looking at you, kid." Of course she immediately realized that was silly for her to do.

• Love 4

I heard that, too! Maybe the judges missed it somehow? She definitely should have gotten buzzed for that.

2 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Funny that in the first game, in the game show hosts category, one of the names was "Drew" [Carey], and I think the person somehow said Barrymore, or maybe the clue giver did. Then in the second game, when the clue "Drew" was given, the person said Carey instead of Barrymore. Anyway, the clue giver (Ashanti, I think) should have listed movies, or at least said, "She was the little girl in E.T. Drew..."

Drives me crazy when they just keep repeating a name that could apply to multiple people. "Say something they were in! E.T.!" Or even that it's a female named Drew. Most people are going to think of men with that name first, but if you know it's a woman, she's the only one I can think of. (Wikipedia's page for the name "Drew" lists four women with that first name, and Barrymore is the only one I've ever heard of. It has 36 men (though I've only heard of a handful of them, and one of them is Justin Bieber; it's his middle name).)

• Love 1

Ashanti seemed like a totally different player in the second round.  I wondered if she psyched herself out not wanting to let such a self-professed big fan of hers down.

I also thought "another name for that" should have gotten zapped.  Maybe she could have said "another name for me is a turtle," speaking as the tortoise.  Those "what _____ would say" categories tend to be judged loosely.  But she was clearly responding to her partner's guess.  Not impressed there, but when am I ever with this show's judging?

It was too bad that the first three magazines the guy could think of were all common nouns (time, life, and people).  If only he'd said "Newsweek" or "Reader's Digest" or anything else!  It took the wind right out of their sails.

Players have a lot of trouble switching gears when they get into a rhythm like giving single names at a time or, from some previous games, using gestures.  It's like they forget they're allowed to do something else.

I like all the suggestions above for getting at (Drew) Barrymore.  My first thought after Drew was "the acting siblings, Ethel, Lionel, and John."  John was Drew's grandfather, incidentally, but I still think that would be way too obscure. I'd better not quit my day job.

Edited by 853fisher
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 853fisher said:

Maybe she could have said "another name for me is a turtle," speaking as the tortoise.

Would that be considered a synonym?

"Turtles can be aquatic, semi-aquatic, or mostly terrestrial. Tortoises are turtles that live on land and aren't equipped for water." (National Geographic)

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

"Turtles can be aquatic, semi-aquatic, or mostly terrestrial. Tortoises are turtles that live on land and aren't equipped for water." (National Geographic)

There's that too.  But the last time I tried to expound about synonyms, I only confused myself, so I left it alone.  I was thinking perhaps "they make fancy glasses out of my shell," but maybe that's better filed away with Ethel Barrymore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was pumped when I saw Clay Aiken was on this episode. I am a big fan, I used to drive home after work and get all my chores done quickly the nights Idol was on and Clay was competing. I hope he gets more teevee gigs, I like everything about him.

There was some clue that the judges buzzed the player on but I don't remember what it was now. I just remember at the time thinking WTH was THAT buzzed for. But I wasn't paying all that much attention to the other contestants, just stopped what I was doing to watch Clay. As others have said, judging on this show is whack at best.

• Love 1

Maybe she could have said "another name for me is a turtle," speaking as the tortoise.

Maybe, but when Ana said "turtle" she could have nodded real hard and said "some people confuse me for that." I think that would have been more within the rules. 

I couldn't think of anything other than "low-rated TV shows" for "things that are cancelled." I know he was trying to refer to cancel culture but with the luxury of time I was able to think of "rained-out ball games" or "rainy day golf games." 

• Love 1