Type keyword(s) to search

The $100,000 Pyramid - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

These were two rather mediocre episodes. I'd swear I've seen Josh Peck somewhere before, but scanning his imdb credits, he hasn't been in anything I've ever seen. Maybe it's just that he looks like the love child of Patrick Dempsey. Kind of a dope though. Didn't even recognize the names of some of the most famous gymnasts. 

He was in Drake & Josh on... Nickelodeon? My son used to watch that.

I also was shocked when he didn't know Nadia Comaneci. I mean, yes, she was definitely before his time. I just hate being reminded that I'm OLD.

For "things you do in the bathroom" I'd be tempted to say "you pee in there, you poop in there . . . " but I wonder if I'd get buzzed for saying "in there." It's a borderline qualifier.

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe just saying, "Go pee. Go poop. Take a shower. Clean the tub."

Jeannie basically just said "roar" when the clue was "roar." I can't believe they let her get away with that. 

I KNOW! I was sure they'd buzz her. 

Another judge thing I didn't like was for the category of new words in the dictionary. Saying steroid for roid and guacamole for guac is just wrong. Steroid and guacamole were not the new words in the dictionary.

I'm mortified that Eliza Shesinger couldn't pick up on Vice Presidents. Then again the contestant didn't even think to say Kamala Harris. Clearly civics are not in either women's wheelhouse.

Not recognizing Vice Presidents was bad. And it's not like these were VPs from the 19th century.

I think when Taran was trying to get Adam to say pecan, he should have said something like, "For Thanksgiving you might have pumpkin pie or this other kind of pie."

I thought there were two words/phrases that were tough. "Things with a belly" and "The Owner." We say In the belly of the beast, but I'm not sure saying, "The beast" would get you there. Do planes have bellies? Doesn't matter. It's a hard one.

And The owner. Hard to give clues without saying 'own.' I guess, "A person who has a business. It belongs to him. He is the..."

Overall, I didn't enjoy this ep. Just not very fun.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, opus said:

I really wanted to see the other 4 things that would make Steph Curry cry.

Thank goodness the man who doesn't watch football didn't get that category. 

Josh Peck didn't seem to realize there's a time constraint. He was so slow. Jeannie Mei was the better partner to go for 100k. She's competitive and did a great job in the winner's circle.

The second half was much better. At least these teams got through all 7 clues. I've heard of Eliza but didn't know the guy. Was it me or did he not make eye contact with his partners?

51 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

The second half was much better. At least these teams got through all 7 clues. I've heard of Eliza but didn't know the guy. Was it me or did he not make eye contact with his partners?

Taran Killam...he's been on SNL, lots of TV/movies, and some theater (he was King George in Hamilton for a few months in 2017, and is currently in Spamelot; he was on Seth Meyers' show recently promoting that). I noticed he seemed to be sort of looking down a lot, which struck me as odd. Maybe he was trying to focus?

• Like 1

What was with all the sex and drugs in that first game?

All the holiday sweaters are cracking me up.

"Chillin" for "illin" is okay... also pretty sure I heard a "sounds like boys" when they were trying to get toys (though she might have said the answer at the same time so maybe they didn't count the clue).

You might eat biscuits and milk if you're British...

Things with a smile - Cheshire Cat

• Like 3

Cheshire Cat is a great clue. That paired with Michael's suggestion of a happy face probably would  have done it.

Yeah, I think whoever was giving clues for 'toys' said "Rhymes with boys" or whatever it was, but the receiver said toys before he finished his clue. 

I keep laughing at "Biscuits and milk," esp Michael's reaction.

I don't know 'illin', so I never would have gotten that.

I too loved the holiday sweaters. I recently had to buy one for my son, and the pickin's were slim. I waited too long.

Boy, they really crammed the holiday theme into the categories. The Mystery 7 one about plumbing was, according to Michael, "Gifts you buy for a child who wants to be a plumber." Ok then.

It's a shame that Matt started out giving clues for 'weed' via the marijuana angle. It would have been better to just say, "This is the unwanted plant you pull up in the garden."

It was like an Abbot & Costello routine with 'wrong.' 
Jordan: Not right but...
Malin: Left.
Jordan: Incorrect.
Malin: Oh, uh....

In the WC, Things You Thirst For was tough, but Matt just kept at it, throwing out every possibility. Whew!

And once again there's the manicure clue for pedicure. *sigh*

Then in the second WC, Bar Activities was tricky. Types of Cones seemed hard until Michael said "Orange traffic ones." Of course! 

Was it Howie giving the clues for 'cookies'? He made it way too complicated. How about "Oreos are a type of..."

And then for 'rock' Derek kept saying it was a little stone. I don't think of a rock that way. I actually think it's the opposite. Anyway, another clue is, "This is modern music. Blank and roll."

Ugh for Howie not knowing what arson means. I'm not sure what he thought it was, but he started to give clues about a person with guns?

Places You See a Table was tough. A dining room, a restaurant, a furniture store, a conference room.

I felt bad for Angelique. She was clearly nervous at the end.

ETA: I just thought of another clue that bothered me. For 'R' Malin said "The letter after Q." Seems iffy.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

"Chillin" for "illin" is okay... also pretty sure I heard a "sounds like boys" when they were trying to get toys (though she might have said the answer at the same time so maybe they didn't count the clue).

Oh man. The judging on this show drives me nuts, the things they buzz versus the thing they get away with. "Respond" for RSVP raised an eyebrow too. That's one of the words. And yet they got buzzed for saying "feet" when the clue was "footsies." 

• Like 4

So unfair to get such dumb partners.  Don't they check them first?  It is very embarassing.  One Saturday night celeb player should bury his head in the sand.  Unfortunately if the contestant is a little slow too, they don't stand a chance.

I wish they would stop inviting Hip Hop artists to play. At least, stop inviting these particular Hip Hop artists. At least Wiz Khalifa took his sunglasses off to play. Ty Dolla $ign left his on the whole game. That's so rude and inconsiderate. If you can't make eye contact with your partner it makes the game so much harder. And, how stoned were these dudes anyway? Talk about taking "laid back" to the next level. And is it just me or was the judging even more lax than usual? Ty actually said "a state that starts with A." You can't do that! You can't just say what letter the word starts with! Jeez.

The other two games were OK. But OMG Tiffany Haddish is so bad at giving clues. Which is unfortunate because she was very good at guessing them. She couldn't even get "vanilla?" All you have to say is "not chocolate, but . . ." Instead she rambled on about beans and flavors.

During the Joel and Wayne game the judges gave the contestant a pass on "runway" when she actually said "running away." But I guess the words were in there.

"Things made of stone" was a tough subject. "The Rosetta one" was the perfect clue but I don't think I would have thought of it either.