Type keyword(s) to search

The $100,000 Pyramid - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ana Gasteyer is another one who's really good at this. Second game wasn't as good but at least no one made me want to throw things (well, except maybe the woman who couldn't describe a caterpillar).

Didn't Utkarsh wear the same sweater on Celebrity Jeopardy?

"We're all gonna have sex together.."   "Coachella?" 😄

• Like 3
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Didn't Utkarsh wear the same sweater on Celebrity Jeopardy?

I don't know, but thanks for providing his name! I recognized him but didn't catch his name.

The first half was great. Everyone was good, esp Ana. I gave the side eye to how she got Betty to say LA. Ana had her mouth open with her tongue positioned for an L. Maybe Betty would have gotten it anyway. An easier route would have been to sing "Do Re Mi Fa So ..."

In the second half, I thought Elizabeth was too slow giving clues. Maybe this was only the very first time she gave clues. I dunno. 

I can't remember who gave the clue for YouTube. I probably would have said "You watch" as well and gotten buzzed. Tricky.

When Utkarsh was giving clues for people whose names can be weapons, I was bugged that for "Gunn" he didn't just describe a, you know, GUN! "A pistol is a type of ...." or whatever. I hate when the clue givers are stuck on what the category description is, if that makes sense.

Elizabeth's clues for caterpillar were pathetic. Simply, "It turns into a butterfly." And then types of cameras. Oy. Polaroid, Nikon, Kodak, SLR, digital...

I was astounded that Utkarsh got soup. What did she say? Something then basil. 

Can someone explain the clue that Utkarsh gave for lox? Ryan really loved that clue, and I thought it might have something to do with rapping or rappers. 

1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Maybe Betty would have gotten it anyway. An easier route would have been to sing "Do Re Mi Fa So ..."

That's what I thought of too. "A note to folllow So."

I can't remember who gave the clue for YouTube. I probably would have said "You watch" as well and gotten buzzed. Tricky.

Oh! I couldn't figure out why she got buzzed. That is tricky.

Ana and Dan were really good at this, but Ana was just a tad better. First two games were both really good. Dan got stuck on "booty" - I would have said "a baby wears these on his feet."

Betty's extra stretchy face was downright creepy. And she made a miniature of the Pyramid set! That's . . . dedication.

For "things that two people can do" my first thought was a tandem bicycle.

When the Mystery 7 prize turned out to be a trip to Hawaii my first thought was "Uh oh, I hope it's not to Maui." Luckily it wasn't.

Utkarsh and Fortune weren't as good as Ana and Dan but they weren't embarrassingly horrible either. I was surprised Fortune did as well as she did because she's always struck me as a bit of a dummy. She always plays one, anyway. But wow, the first round Winners Circle was a total disaster.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Dan got stuck on "booty" - I would have said "a baby wears these on his feet."

Good one!

Betty's extra stretchy face was downright creepy. And she made a miniature of the Pyramid set! That's . . . dedication.

Oh that's what that was. I watch on Hulu and hit the 10-sec FF button to get to the actual playing. I saw Michael holding that thing and wondered if they were promoting a home board game.

For "things that two people can do" my first thought was a tandem bicycle.

That's a good one, too. The contestant was smart to add the verb to her clues, so I believe she added 'dancing' to 'the tango,' and 'singing' to 'a duet.'  

When the Mystery 7 prize turned out to be a trip to Hawaii my first thought was "Uh oh, I hope it's not to Maui." Luckily it wasn't.

Yeah, I thought about that, too, and wondered if trip had been to Maui what the show would have done during this broadcast.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

My episode got bumped by ABC News special on Israel, and my DVR didn't pick up the move.

My channel guide said Celeb Wheel at 9 and Pyramid at 10, but they played Pyramid at 9 and the special at 10.

9 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I was astounded that Utkarsh got soup. What did she say? Something then basil. 

I was surprised he got it, too. I forget what she said (maybe tomatoes?) but I was thinking "chicken, noodles, broth."

9 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Can someone explain the clue that Utkarsh gave for lox? Ryan really loved that clue, and I thought it might have something to do with rapping or rappers. 

I had no clue; didn't even quite catch what he said, but I just googled and there is a hip-hop group from New York called The Lox. Maybe he was referencing them? Utkarsh is a rapper, too, so it's not surprising he would go that route with a partner also into rap. All I had for that one was "bagels and..."

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That's what I thought of too. "A note to folllow So."

I was thinking the same thing.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And she made a miniature of the Pyramid set! That's . . . dedication.

She mentioned using the winner's circle money to build a she-shed so all her miniatures could have their own little home in her backyard, so I'm assuming it's a hobby.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I had no clue; didn't even quite catch what he said, but I just googled and there is a hip-hop group from New York called The Lox. Maybe he was referencing them? Utkarsh is a rapper, too, so it's not surprising he would go that route with a partner also into rap.

Yes, I figured it was something to do with rap. Googling... OK, I just rewatched that bit w/CC on. Utkarsh says, "Jadakiss, Sheek Louch," who are members of The Lox. I would have had no idea what he was talking about, but I gotta give him credit for knowing his partner. That's pretty awesome.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

She mentioned using the winner's circle money to build a she-shed so all her miniatures could have their own little home in her backyard, so I'm assuming it's a hobby.

Anyone else think about the CSI story arc of The Miniature Killer?

Bobby Moynihan's always good at this. Not sure I've ever seen them win without even having to do the last category. (When was this taped? I googled and all I found was that he has one daughter who was born in 2017.)

Lisa Ann Walter is pretty good (though after her win on Celebrity Jeopardy I'm not surprised). T.I. was not great but he was better in the second round.

So they don't buzz "millionaire" for "billionaire" (or vice versa) but they buzzed "antonym" for "synonym"? WTH?

• Like 5

Maybe the show has different judges who rotate. The judging is always weird.

This episode can't be from 2017 because Abbott Elementary didn't exist until 2021. 

Natasha Leggero was really bugging me with "Pass." She hardly gave her partner a chance. Passing is a good strategy if you know you'll spend too much time trying to find the right word, so maybe this was apt for her. The thing is, she just doesn't have the required recall ability.

Oh, and she sucked at giving clues, too. For "idol" she says "American..." So her partner says "Idiot," which is understandable (although it's part of the category name, so that wouldn't be it). But then Natasha says "It's a TV show." Obviously she should have started with "This is a singing competition show. American..."

Of course Bobby was good, and so were both contestants. They both were good at listening to the clue while thinking of the category. I'm so glad Andrew won, but I'm sorry for Amanda. Bobby should have gotten 'big ears' from Dumbo. I wonder if she'd said "Little pitchers" would he have gotten it.

When the category was words that end in ASS, and the word was "jackass," I think Andrew was kidding around as if he were trying to come up with the answer. However, he got very close to running out of time.

In the Winners Circle, I thought he went way too dark with the nightmare clues. It was good to start with Freddy Kruger, but your murdered family? Yikes. I would have said things like, "Being chased by a monster, missing your final exam, your teeth falling out," and then "Freddy Kruger." But it worked for them, so what do I know.

The second half wasn't nearly as good. I didn't really think Lisa-Ann, T.I., Obie, or Efie were all that good. Like, Lisa-Ann not starting with "This is a black and white animal that stinks" for skunk. 

For raw T.I. needed to just say, "When meat isn't cooked it's ..."

A teenager's gown was a good clue to get Lisa-Ann to say prom.

I was amazed that T.I. got 'slinky' from his partner just miming and saying, "It goes like this."

In the first half, what was the pattern on Michael's tie?

Edited by peeayebee
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

For raw T.I. needed to just say, "When meat isn't cooked it's ..."

I forget the exact wording but his clue implied just undercooked more than raw.

I don't know if it's a rapper thing but he's not the first one that seemed to be trying to be so "laid back" (whether it's real or just a persona) that they are just too slow. (Also, I know nothing about him except for a story I saw about him and his daughter from a few years ago that makes me just not like him.)

12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I forget the exact wording but his clue implied just undercooked more than raw.

Right. He said, "It’s not cooked well enough so it’s..." And his partner said, "It’s rare, it’s mold?" (I think she said mold. Maybe old.) He responds, "It’s another word for that," like rare and raw are the same thing.

Again, it bugs me when the player is stuck on giving clues exactly according to what the category description is. In this case it was about complaints a server hears from a whiney customer. You don't have to give clues that are complaints a server hears. If you can, give the definition of the word ("When meat isn't cooked.") or an opposite ("Not tall but..."). Many players do this, of course, but when the giver gets stuck on the category name, I get frustrated.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Again, it bugs me when the player is stuck on giving clues exactly according to what the category description is. In this case it was about complaints a server hears from a whiney customer. You don't have to give clues that are complaints a server hears. If you can, give the definition of the word ("When meat isn't cooked.") or an opposite ("Not tall but..."). Many players do this, of course, but when the giver gets stuck on the category name, I get frustrated.

Yeah, that bugs me, too. Also when they start trying to act out every clue. Sometimes it makes sense (like "shrug" last night) but then sometimes they seem to get stuck on that and I'm yelling "USE YOUR WORDS!" (Or the other way around, when they try to explain an action they could easily act out.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 3

I could have sworn the last time Bobby Moynihan was on, he was so bad I hoped they never brought him back again. But he was pretty decent this time. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Natasha, on the other hand, was awful at this.

I always wonder, when they're in the winner's circle and the contestant is wearing glasses, whether it's possible to see the subject reflected in them.

I'm so glad Andrew won, but I'm sorry for Amanda. Bobby should have gotten 'big ears' from Dumbo. I wonder if she'd said "Little pitchers" would he have gotten it

Well, you and I are old enough to have heard that expression apparently, but I'm not either of them were, LOL. Although I've always thought it was "little pictures."

• Like 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Although I've always thought it was "little pictures."

No, it's pitchers, the ears being the handles. Or the handles being the ears.

But, yes, it's hard to tell if young whippersnappers would know that expression. It wouldn't hurt to try.

I was thinking a sleeping cat, but that wouldn't work on its own. Michael's suggestion of a restaurant napkin was great.

Jason Ritter was very good. I enjoyed watching him play.

Ashley giving Ibiza as a clue for Spain was weird. Like Michael said, just say Madrid, or more specifically, "This is a country in Europe. Its capital is Madrid."

I guess for Cannes you could say, "If you're against something. Not pro but..." It's pronounced the same, right?

For judo, Ashley was giving a clue for karate.

In the WC, Places You Find Clogs was tough. Richard started off wrong by saying, "A shoe store." The first thing should have been something like, "A gunked-up sink drain." Then I wondered if "A Dutchman's shoe closet" would have worked.

Rebecca looked a cross betw Drew Barrymore and Melanie Lynskey.

Urge is a hard word. "When you feel compelled to do something, you have an ...." or "If someone wants you to do something, they blank you to do it." I don't know. It's tough.

Uncomfortable was tough, too, though when Michael said something about a person making you feel weird, that worked great.

You just knew that Nikki and Anna doing the Presidents category was going to be a train wreck. I mean, even if Anna had said, "Grover..." I'm not sure Nikki would have gotten Cleveland.

I was feeling bad for Anna when her voice kept shaking.

I wonder if she knew who the Fonz and Fonzie are. She didn't seem to know Watson or Cumberbatch either.

In the WC, I don't know if Rebecca ever could have gotten Nikki to say Cold Weather. I often think it's important HOW you present the clues.  She was saying them so slowly. I would have simply listed them like, "Snow, sleet, ice storm, blizzard..."

And whenever a topic is something like Brazilian, Italian, Canadian, etc., first just start listing well-known cities there -- Rio de Janeiro -- so if the person responds, "Cities in Brazil," or even "Brazil," the judges will give it to you.

I don't want to see Nikki on the show again.

• Like 4

Is it wrong that I wish Jason Ritter had a better career? He's just so adorable and funny and every show he's been in has been cancelled. And now he has to do Pyramid! The indignity. 

These were both pretty good games, I thought. Not perfect but decent. Nobody was a train wreck, although Nikki Glaser was certainly the weakest of the four celebs. 

4 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

You just knew that Nikki and Anna doing the Presidents category was going to be a train wreck. I mean, even if Anna had said, "Grover..." I'm not sure Nikki would have gotten Cleveland.

Yes that was embarrassing. I'm not even a history buff by any means but I knew who all those presidents were. What are they teaching in school these days?

4 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

I wonder if she knew who the Fonz and Fonzie are. She didn't seem to know Watson or Cumberbatch either.

I wasn't even clear if the clue giver knew who Fozzie Bear is.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, peeayebee said:

In the WC, Places You Find Clogs was tough. Richard started off wrong by saying, "A shoe store." The first thing should have been something like, "A gunked-up sink drain." Then I wondered if "A Dutchman's shoe closet" would have worked.

Clogs was a SUPER difficult category. (Richard here, and I've spent the MONTHS since filming coming up with better clues).

My big problem was that I knew they were a kind of shoe, but I was getting them confused with Crocs, and by the time my brain got to plumbing clogs, the momentum was gone.

Jason Ritter and Jordin Sparks were AMAZINGLY kind people and I was so glad to be paired with cool celebrities who were having as much fun as I was 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

You were a good player. Of course we all here are armchair quarterbacks coming up with the perfect clues from the comfort of our living rooms.

I just rewatched your Winner's Circle part. It looked like after you said "A shoe store" it suddenly dawned on you what the category was.

I loved when you were doing Animals That Live in the Cold, Jason was trying to come up with the correct response, said, "Cold animals," and then kind of laughed at himself. 

I don't know much about Jordan Sparks, but I always got the impression that Jason Ritter was a super nice guy. Glad to hear that's true.

BTW, if you want to share any behind-the-scenes stuff, that would be welcome! :)

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 5

Clogs will haunt me to my grave lol

I appreciate the feedback. It was so much fun playing and I definitely can't complain walking away with some cash and a vacation.

I did sign a contract with ABC about not revealing too much of the backstage stuff, so I have to be careful there. What I will say is that everyone on set was incredibly kind, including not only the celebrities but also the producers and makeup people and everyone. I was there all day (without my phone) so I'm thankful for everyone's positive energy on set.

I'd love to play again sometime, especially now having SEEN myself play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I appreciate the feedback. It was so much fun playing and I definitely can't complain walking away with some cash and a vacation.

I did sign a contract with ABC about not revealing too much of the backstage stuff, so I have to be careful there. What I will say is that everyone on set was incredibly kind, including not only the celebrities but also the producers and makeup people and everyone. I was there all day (without my phone) so I'm thankful for everyone's positive energy on set.

So fun to hear from you, Richard!  And it's great to hear about your interactions with Jason and Jordin -- I've always gotten such a wonderful vibe from both of them, and it's terrific to get that affirmed by you!

• Love 2

I would never guess they'd have contestants sign a contract not to reveal BTS stuff. I completely understand signing something so you won't reveal the outcomes of the games, but the rest...? Still, it's always great to hear directly from  contestants. Glad you had a good time. It was fun to watch, too.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I would never guess they'd have contestants sign a contract not to reveal BTS stuff.

That seems slightly sketchy to me. It makes me think the game isn't entirely on the up and up. I assume there are times when things have to be re-shot or maybe rounds have to be re-run, and the show doesn't want the audience to know that stuff. 

8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That seems slightly sketchy to me. It makes me think the game isn't entirely on the up and up. I assume there are times when things have to be re-shot or maybe rounds have to be re-run, and the show doesn't want the audience to know that stuff. 

Nothing at all like this! Game shows have to adhere to very strict laws dealing with fairness, etc. Lots of lawyers on set to ensure everything is on the up and up.

Honestly, I don't remember the details of what I signed, but it was mostly having to do with not spoiling the magic of what the viewer sees on screen. Nothing too outrageous. But because I don't remember the details, I want to be careful with what I do share 🙂

• Like 6
On 10/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, Richard said:

Richard, I would love know about the casting process.  Can you talk about that?

11 hours ago, Marisagf said:

Richard, I would love know about the casting process.  Can you talk about that?

I audition first by sending in a video. They got back to me within 24 hours and then I met a producer for an audition over Zoom. The audition was basically playing a few rounds of the regular game and of Winner's Circle.  These weekly Zoom auditions lasted for a few weeks, with various producers, until I was finally invited onto the show 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Another million/billion is fine but buzzed for eighteen/nineteen...

IKR? And that million/billion thing has come up before.

Holly and Rodney weren't awful, but they weren't very good either. They suffered in comparison to Jesse and Rosie. They seem to deliberately air the weaker players in the second half hour so people don't tune out. 

There were odd cut-aways mid-round in the first episode, with both Jesse and Menda's last round and again in the middle of Rosie and Menda's last round. Strange. 

I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake but it's just now occurring to me that the subjects in the Winners Circle are harder in the 100K round. I can't think of a good clue for "Annual Things" that wouldn't elicit "holidays" as a response. Tax day? Mums? 

"Things on trays" is a tough one too. Airplane meals, cafeteria meals, those are about the best ones I can come up with.

• Like 3

I would like an official explanation for why millions/billions is allowed but eighteen/nineteen is not.

I didn't realize saying, "It's two words," is not allowed, but that makes sense.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

There were odd cut-aways mid-round in the first episode, with both Jesse and Menda's last round and again in the middle of Rosie and Menda's last round. Strange. 

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm sure if I rewatched I would see it. For instance, I noticed in the second half when Holly/Brandon chose the second to the last category, which was not the Mystery 7, the camera cut to Rodney being happy for a second (because that meant they would get the Mystery 7).

In the first half, it was so enjoyable watching good players. Minda was just a bit less skilled than David. She got a little flustered at times and was a mite slow coming up with clues. She also gave somewhat questionable clues at times. Like for 'bankrupt' she said something like, "You declare this." No, you declare bankruptcy, not bankrupt. The judges probably would have accepted it, even though the category was for words that start with B and end with T. But I think the problem might have been that Jesse was trying to think of a word that began with B and ended with T. Bankruptcy didn't fit.

Also, she messed up with rodeo. Yes, "This isn't my first blank," is a good line, but not to start with. Just say it's a big outdoor show for cowboys and bull-riding..."

I think Jesse would have gotten Words That Start with TH if David had offered more than just two words. I understand it's easy to freeze up, so I might not have done any better. 

For Annual Things, I wonder if a yearbook would be helpful. Oh, you can't say that. Hmm. Your anniversary, your birthday, the first day of Spring... Yeah, that's tough.

It was fine for Brandon to give the clue of Trump's first name for Donald, but for Daisy when he said, "His girlfriend," I'm pretty sure Rodney got confused because he was thinking of Donald Trump's girlfriend.

Things On Trays. I think given more time Rodney would have gotten it.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

IKR? And that million/billion thing has come up before.

Holly and Rodney weren't awful, but they weren't very good either. They suffered in comparison to Jesse and Rosie. They seem to deliberately air the weaker players in the second half hour so people don't tune out. 

I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake but it's just now occurring to me that the subjects in the Winners Circle are harder in the 100K round. I can't think of a good clue for "Annual Things" that wouldn't elicit "holidays" as a response. Tax day? Mums? 

"Things on trays" is a tough one too. Airplane meals, cafeteria meals, those are about the best ones I can come up with.

Breakfast?

4 hours ago, peeayebee said:
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Right in the middle of the round, the camera cut to a wide shot with both teams then cut back to Jesse and Menda playing. It was weird. Then they did it again in the second game with Rosie and Menda. I've never seen them cut away to another shot right in the middle of a team playing a round before.

Decent celeb players this week although nobody won the big money. Ali was probably the weakest, she struggled giving clues but was a decent guesser. The expression on Michael Uri's face in the winner's circle was hilarious, he was so bug-eyed he looked like he was about the jump out of his chair. He had awesome shoes though.

OK, more wonky judging. "Not herbivore, but carnivore"? Really? They didn't get buzzed for that?

"Heave" is a hard word to get at.

I can't believe the contestant couldn't come up with good clues for "Things on the Price is Right." Plinko! The Showcase Showdown! Bob Barker! I guess Mark doesn't watch it.

"Things in the gutter" is a tough one. And I was stumped on "People with the last name King" too.

How does anyone describe a Smurf without saying they're blue??

Things that buckle is hard if you can't get it from belts and seatbelts.

I would have drawn a blank on famous rap songs. 

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The expression on Michael Uri's face in the winner's circle was hilarious, he was so bug-eyed he looked like he was about the jump out of his chair. He had awesome shoes though.

I was laughing at his face, too. Deer in the headlights.

And speaking of sneakers, Analese (sp?) could make a lot of money selling those hand-painted shoes of hers.

"Heave" is a hard word to get at.

Yeah. At the last second Pete added that it was another word for barf (or vomit, I can't remember), but I'm not sure if his partner would have gotten it even with more time. There are other clues you could give, but it would eat up the clock.

I can't believe the contestant couldn't come up with good clues for "Things on the Price is Right." Plinko! The Showcase Showdown! Bob Barker! I guess Mark doesn't watch it.

The first thing I thought of was Bob Barker. I would never have thought of Plinko, but just saying, "The contestants, Bob Barker," would probably have been enough.

How does anyone describe a Smurf without saying they're blue??

I know, right? It seemed like that was a deliberate choice not to say blue. The category name had "Blew" in it, but that doesn't matter. I think he just got confused.

"Things in the gutter" is a tough one. And I was stumped on "People with the last name King" too.

The bowling ball clue Michael gave was perfect. I doubt I would have come up with that. If I was giving the clues, I would have wondered whether to give clues about gutters that go on the eaves of your house or gutters that are down in the street. 

Again Michael gave a good clue for King -- Billie Jean. 

For things that buckle I wonder if saying "A pilgrim's hat" would have gotten the partner to say buckle. Of course that's not "Things That Buckle," but we know if you just say the key word(s), the judge will give it to you.

I would have drawn a blank on famous rap songs. 

I think I would have, too. 

Ali definitely was the weakest link in this ep. 

I really liked that with the category "Girl on My Left..." Jason seemed to have figured out quickly that each answer began with G.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Again Michael gave a good clue for King -- Billie Jean. 

I’m not real clear on the rules for the winner’s circle. Would you be allowed to say things like “author Stephen” or “singer Carole”? Or Britain’s Charles? (I know it’s not his last name but it might prompt “people named King” which is probably something they would accept.) I suspect those wouldn’t be allowed but I can’t articulate exactly why. 

Poster @Richard was on the show recently. Do they give you a rundown of the rules?  This situation, and also why some things are disallowed and others aren’t (herbivore/carnivore, million/billion, eighteen/nineteen, etc.)? Or does that fall under stuff you can’t talk about?

Edited by SoMuchTV
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

OK, more wonky judging. "Not herbivore, but carnivore"? Really? They didn't get buzzed for that?

I know!! I wonder how the person who got buzzed on antonym/synonym feels about that one...

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

"Things in the gutter" is a tough one. And I was stumped on "People with the last name King" too.

My first thought was a badly-thrown bowling ball. 

Should have gone with "Dr. Martin Luther ... Jr." instead of just Martin Luther. Obviously that had Jason thinking back to the Protestant Reformation instead of the Civil Rights movement. I also thought of Billie Jean King (Michael's clue after the fact). And Larry but not until after time was up.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I’m not real clear on the rules for the winner’s circle. Would you be allowed to say things like “author Stephen” or “singer Carole”? Or Britain’s Charles? (I know it’s not his last name but it might prompt “people named King” which is probably something they would accept.) I suspect those wouldn’t be allowed but I can’t articulate exactly why. 

No, I think what you're suggesting is definitely allowed. In fact it's good strategy. I was just blanking on anyone other than MLK Jr.

Two rather mediocre games. I did not care for the Bachelor and Bachelorette, neither was very good at this. Although I thought it was hilarious how excited the Bachelor got when they won the 100K. It was like he thought he'd won the money himself.

Michael asked that guy what he would do with 50K and he said buy an engagement ring. Uh, the whole 50K? On a ring?

Types of torches is hard if you can't get it from Olympic ones and Tiki ones. The only other thing I can think of is snuffed Survivor ones.

OK so you get buzzed for saying "gelatin" for Jell-o, but not for saying "Not billionaire but" for millionaire.

Wendy and Thomas Lennon were better, although Wendy was better at guessing than giving. Thomas is crazy intense, there's something oddly scary about him.

Solid things: besides marble countertop, the only thing I could think of was an ice cube or hard candy. I wonder if they'd buzz you for "hard" though.

Things you meet is a hard one too. A blind date is the only other one I came up with.

22 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

The guide says this is new but the second half with Jason and Rosie I've definitely seen before. I don't remember seeing the first half, though.

I was wondering the same thing. Hard to forget “shrinkage”. 

• Like 1

I don't remember seeing it. I think Jason and Rosie must really love playing this game. They obviously don't need the money or the exposure and aren't promoting anything like some ABC show. 

"Things you accept" is a tough subject. "Things you plan" is tough too.

13 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I was wondering the same thing. Hard to forget “shrinkage”. 

Here it is - Jason and Rosie were in the first half of s7e2. The video image didn’t copy but you can see the CCs where he’s telling the grandchild story. I didn’t let it play long enough to get “shrinkage”, lol. 

image.thumb.png.e8f6fb2e22de3f33d66e0744ebbb4c22.png

29 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Here it is - Jason and Rosie were in the first half of s7e2. The video image didn’t copy but you can see the CCs where he’s telling the grandchild story. I didn’t let it play long enough to get “shrinkage”, lol. 

image.thumb.png.e8f6fb2e22de3f33d66e0744ebbb4c22.png

That was the first thing that had me saying “this sounds familiar…” I remembered the contestants, too. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I have a bad memory. When Jason and Rosie first came out, I was surprised they were on the show so soon after their last appearance. And then I thought, Hey didn't Jason talk about his grandchild before? I waited until the first play, I'm So Gay For You, and remembered that last time I kept expecting penguins to be one of the animals.

As for the first half, I thought Jackee was pretty good at the beginning, but then not so much. Bad clues for pores. She did say holes, which is accurate, so... Maybe saying These are the holes in your skin, sometimes they get clogged.

Things You Accept was one of the harder ones they've had.

Drew gave good clues for Places You See Lions. Bobby should have gotten it. Maybe adding "The Detroit football stadium." There are probably other really good clues.

• Like 2

These were two rather mediocre episodes. I'd swear I've seen Josh Peck somewhere before, but scanning his imdb credits, he hasn't been in anything I've ever seen. Maybe it's just that he looks like the love child of Patrick Dempsey. Kind of a dope though. Didn't even recognize the names of some of the most famous gymnasts. 

For "things you do in the bathroom" I'd be tempted to say "you pee in there, you poop in there . . . " but I wonder if I'd get buzzed for saying "in there." It's a borderline qualifier. For "places with a piano" I'd say Liberace's house, but I doubt Josh Peck even knows who Liberace is.

Jeannie basically just said "roar" when the clue was "roar." I can't believe they let her get away with that. 

I'm mortified that Eliza Shesinger couldn't pick up on Vice Presidents. Then again the contestant didn't even think to say Kamala Harris. Clearly civics are not in either women's wheelhouse.

• Like 5