Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Liquid Lunch

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I like Slater as an official unofficial foil. You know, like Barry was before he got bionic parts.

Of course Archer would skip out on getting waterboarded. Because he's a weasel. And of course Kreiger would have clones/robots looking like the cast. Why not? I did love how Malory went off on him. A heel to the shoulder was too good for him.

• Love 3
(edited)

Archer sure knows his CIA history. And his Bea Benederet filmography, yet confuses On The Town with Manchurian Candidate. Either way, loved all of that.

Of course Krieger hypnotizing everyone with the zombie drug was gonna be awesome. (EDIT: Yeah, Malory shanking Krieger with her heel was too good for him.)

"Bluntz and Blintzen? Who am I, the freaking Road Runner?" I loved how they actually delivered on that.

Holy crap, we have an explanation for the dead Archer from the premiere. I'm calling it now, those cyborgs will come in to play and Archer's is gonna bite it.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

Why?  Shut up! Why?

Slater like Barry is fun in small doses.  I like that Archer genuinely does't like either of them and yet they are both capable of outwitting him.  I actually really liked the B plot.  The A plot was mostly just Archer/Slater/Lana just arguing but the B plot was actually kinda finny considering nothing really happened.   

Of course Kreiger would have clones of everyone.  I loved that of course Mallory wouldn't we easy to drug/hypnotize as the rest of them. Using her heals to stab Krieger was funnier then it should have been. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Loved Archers in depth knowledge of the CIA and its history, and his riotous indignation over it. And of course he skipped water boarding in training. That really is classic Archer. 

Slater, you are the worst. This show is always great at finding assholes who are such assholes that they make our band of assholes look better by comparison. 

Every episode is made better with more Krieger. And I love how much they have been reminding us lately what a Bad Bitch Mallory is. 

I can always appreciate a good On the Town reference. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Heel to the shoulder, zombie drug, Krieger's robots, and the return of Slater- just amazing!

Also love that Archer went through the list of the CIA's history and that at the same time (back at the office) that Pam, Krieger, Cyril, and Cheryl were asking Mallory questions about the same thing and the line  she gave (saying that the Dulles brothers are both in Hell doing something with bananas) was hilarious to here. Also, I gotta say that the Krieger robots are pretty amazing and I do think that at least the Archer robot will be used and be found in that pool (like how everyone else said it will happen). 

Of course Archer would weasel out on waterboarding training and of course, he would say those things about waterboarding and still have no idea what it is truly like. 

Another aspect that I love is that this show is still going strong, after seven seasons and the quality is still fresh and refreshing to tune in. 

• Love 3

So glad Jessica Walter regained her voice for this season. I laughed so hard at her beating up Krieger that I went into hooting, which is not something I do for most funny things.

On a completely different note...am I alone in feeling Lana is in the wrong here? Or at least like Archer was right that she refuses to be mature about the relationship and attempt to talk through their problems? Because what Archer revealed during waterboarding was that he was struggling with feelings for another woman, not that he was cheating on Lana, which means he's been actively fighting his bad impulses. That kiss was ridiculously immature of him, but Lana's insistence on harping on it without actually trying to talk out her feelings strikes me as equally incredibly childish. It's funny how it seems to me like since A.J. was born, Archer has grown a lot but Lana hasn't. She's still petty and letting her feelings get in the way of work, see: the Durhani fiasco being pretty much all her fault, her deliberately messing with the Welsh operation to make Archer jealous, even apparently having no head in the game when dealing with this CIA guy they were chasing this episode. That whole "listening to the break" thing, I was expecting them to shoot Slater in the back. Because he is a non-paying douche.

Honestly I hope Archer hooks up with Veronica Deane. Lana's jealous streak is obnoxious. Also, I hate that she deliberately went against Archer's wishes about Country Day.

• Love 2

Hardly fair to criticise Lana's jealous streak when Archer has made out with Veronica Deane and admitted to potentially having real feelings for her. If I was in a relationship with someone who did those things, I'm fairly sure I'd be jealous and upset too. It's also hardly fair to say, 'well he hasn't cheated on her, so what's her problem?' WIth their history together, and with Archer's extensive history in general, I can understand why she's constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's just something they both have to deal with if they want to be in a relationship.

They're as bad as each other, when it comes to acting pettily, though. Which is one of the key aspects of their relationship, in my view. If they were mature and adjusted and sensible, they wouldn't be the characters that they are, and wouldn't work for all the other storylines the show has. 

I do wish that they'd shot Slater. The long running nemeses tend to pop up again too often for my liking. I hated Barry showing up again, after seemingly finally being killed off last season (and that was long overdue at the time), and now Slater just shows up, punks them and leaves? No, I'd rather they got the best of him for once.

• Love 2
(edited)

Pam gets half naked again!

What does that drug Keiger use on everyone REALLY used for in real life?

Are the cast double in the basement clones, robots, or cyborgs???

Love at the end how Slater put a gun to archer head on the roof and than decide not to kill him because its not worth the trouble!  Anf every one just fine about and does not even talk about! 

Edited by gwhh
11 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Hardly fair to criticise Lana's jealous streak when Archer has made out with Veronica Deane and admitted to potentially having real feelings for her. If I was in a relationship with someone who did those things, I'm fairly sure I'd be jealous and upset too. It's also hardly fair to say, 'well he hasn't cheated on her, so what's her problem?' WIth their history together, and with Archer's extensive history in general, I can understand why she's constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. That's just something they both have to deal with if they want to be in a relationship.

They're as bad as each other, when it comes to acting pettily, though. Which is one of the key aspects of their relationship, in my view. If they were mature and adjusted and sensible, they wouldn't be the characters that they are, and wouldn't work for all the other storylines the show has. 

I do wish that they'd shot Slater. The long running nemeses tend to pop up again too often for my liking. I hated Barry showing up again, after seemingly finally being killed off last season (and that was long overdue at the time), and now Slater just shows up, punks them and leaves? No, I'd rather they got the best of him for once.

To be fair... Archer may be a giant dick but he's never shot Lana as far as I recall. Whenever Lana is upset with him she either hits him or shoots him. Considering Lana thinks she should be running the show she's not demonstrating much in the way of leadership or maturity.

It's fine to be jealous or upset but she went straight to a break in their relationship which is the stupidest thing if she's jealous of another woman. Now Archer can just go off and have sex with the other woman without any technical obstructions. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, gwhh said:

Pam gets half naked again!

What does that drug Keiger use on everyone REALLY used for in real life?

Are the cast double in the basement clones, robots, or cyborgs???

Love at the end how Slater put a gun to archer head on the roof and than decide not to kill him because its not worth the trouble!  Anf every one just fine about and does not even talk about! 

To answer your question about Keiger's drug, yes it is real and it is really called, "Scopolamine" in real life:

i think Ray used the real name at the end, when he was questioning Mallory about being hungover.

I really enjoyed this episode, I kind of don't like the Archer/Lana pairing so I'm fine with the breakup. I think Lana can go overboard when it comes to her relationships/jealousy but, quite honestly Archer's not much better.

• Love 1
On 5/20/2016 at 10:04 PM, PinkRibbons said:

On a completely different note...am I alone in feeling Lana is in the wrong here? Or at least like Archer was right that she refuses to be mature about the relationship and attempt to talk through their problems?

On 5/20/2016 at 1:38 PM, Danny Franks said:

Hardly fair to criticise Lana's jealous streak when Archer has made out with Veronica Deane and admitted to potentially having real feelings for her. If I was in a relationship with someone who did those things, I'm fairly sure I'd be jealous and upset too.

I think the point is that she won't sit down, have a real discussion, and clear the air, whichever that way would be. Which is what Archer seemed to be getting at. She can be mad at him all she wants, but she just keeps griping about it and not actually doing anything about it. I mean, "on break" is kind of a high school thing to do. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I think the point is that she won't sit down, have a real discussion, and clear the air, whichever that way would be. Which is what Archer seemed to be getting at. She can be mad at him all she wants, but she just keeps griping about it and not actually doing anything about it. I mean, "on break" is kind of a high school thing to do. 

Fair point.  However these two have never had a    "Real discussion"  about their feelings.  They are more the fight and frak types.  Having a kid isn't going to change that.  If anything I can see Archer having a bit of a mid life crisis and Lana being the primary caregiver getting upset due to stress and not sleeping alone.

I figured they were unofficially a couple after "Pocket Listing." I figure Archer would have found a way to screw things up, even if Lana hadn't found Katya's vagina in the sink.

(edited)

I think they're a couple but, they don't act like one. They seem to lead very independent lives.  In last week's episode Cyril said Archer couldn't take the seduction job because he'd be cheating on Lana (and Archer agreed).

Of course in the Barry episode Archer is out by himself getting plastered and in "Fletch" episode Lana is off trying to bribe the headmaster. Just really gives off the vibe that they aren't a couple/family. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

I was wondering when Slater was going to return.  Glad to see he found in between Mr. Robot to play the word's biggest asshole in the CIA.  I love that Archer knew all that information about the CIA off the top of his head.  That is something I can see him knowing.  Despite his antics, I always like that he can be a really smart guy.

Archer and Lana really do need to just talk it out, if they ever want to actually work.  For the most part, I think Archer is the bigger fuck-up in the relationship, but Lana really doesn't handle conflicts well, and always seems to resort to hitting or even shooting him.  For the most part, I think Archer's lust for Veronica Deane is a simply "crushing on a famous person scenario", but I can see why Lana would have issues, since they do work for her from time to time.  But, again, Lana really should just have a serious conversation with Archer, instead of yell at him or make wiseass remarks.

The B-plot was the greatest.  Of course, there was no way Krieger would break Malory.  And, of course, Krieger would just happen to have robot clones of the entire team.  You know, for reasons.

(edited)
On 5/23/2016 at 4:07 AM, thuganomics85 said:

The B-plot was the greatest.  Of course, there was no way Krieger would break Malory.  And, of course, Krieger would just happen to have robot clones of the entire team.  You know, for reasons.

Yeah, I thought that it was great that Krieger couldn't put Malory under his control. And of course, Malory would have probably built up some kind of tolerance to the drug (oh, BTW, the video that I posted did say that the CIA tried to use that drug back in the 1960s/19070s, IRL, as a means to get information out of people during interrogations but failed because it gave the person hallucinations. So, there was another CIA connection reference in this episode and it went unnoticed for a while) . She was after all, (probably), the world's greatest spy and Archer just probably inherited it from her once she went and created her own business. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Yeah, I think the spritz immunity was like that time she got hit by a tranquilizer dart and it did nothing -- Malory is so full of toxins that you have to pity the mosquito that bites her. I'll bet she bleeds vodka.

• Love 1