Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E21: Hell To Pay

When an axe-wielding, escaped psychiatric inmate drops dead in Castle’s P.I. office, Castle and Beckett’s investigation leads Castle to suspect the victim’s death could be the work of the Antichrist.

I thought that was a lot of fun. Loved all the creepy atmosphere, which would have made for a good Halloween episode, but was definitely still effective now.

Have to admit, I found Beckett messing with Castle highly enjoyable for certain...(ahem) real-world reasons (and making Haley run away at the end? Heh.) But Castle going to his office alone to get the dagger instead of telling her when she was right there in the apartment with him was just stupid, and I don't know why the killer lowered the dagger when Castle called out his name instead of, you know, completing his mission and stabbing the guy. But those are the kinds of things I know I'm not supposed to think about.

Still, really fun episode.

• Love 5

So we got the Halloween ep in May complete with alter title card and it took 3 of the writing staff to do it. It felt like a combination of Demons, Wrapped In Death and Get a Clue and ended up being an enjoyable ep. Rick Cosnett was giving me Ray Wise Reaper vibes. For once Castle was trying to get romantic with Beckett which was nice for a change, but it's still sad since we got that LokSat mess next week. The chemistry was really good. Beckett, Ryan and Espo rolling their eyes but trying to find sound explanations to Castle theories made it feel like an old ep. These past 3 eps kinda proved that the writing staff can do a decent COTW and still split the screen time evenly with all the bts drama/concessions. This is what s9 should've been all along.

Still don't care that Alexis drinks scotch with Haley and has no life of her own if she's hanging around the PI office at 9pm. Alexis wasn't really needed and the beginning of the ep could've been Haley working on a file or something. Alexis should be excited to graduate from undergrad and spending time with friends her own age instead of with Haley. Martha was missed but she seems to have an active social life even though we don't see it.

LOL Lanie got thru another ep without saying lividity and being in more than just the crime scene.

• Love 6

I read on a blog recently that next week they're putting something else in place of Castle on Sunday next week so no early viewing!

I assume they didn't want CTV getting the jump on the finale which makes sense.

So nothing lolsat related again, I'm amazed at how little they give a shit about the 'big bad' that is probably going to kill Beckett.

It's incredible to think how poorly this season has been planned out.

• Love 1

Not bad, though the theme did feel like a rehash of a few old episodes and I thought the creepy atmosphere got a little over the top at times as well as how much Castle was a believer.  But it did keep my interest more than a lot of more mundane COTWs.  Agree that the last few episodes should have been what the writers should have aimed for all season.

Hm... Luke may be dressing Alexis worse than Castle now.  What's with the pearls and wearing nothing under her cardigan and opening with Alexis and Hayley all dressed up in cocktail dresses drinking scotch?  Meh on them ageing her up.  

Some naked Twister would have improved the episode.  I want as much Caskett while I still can. ;)

• Love 1
(edited)

I may be reading too much into this (though that's half the fun at this point), but I couldn't help notice in the final police station scene when Castle said Beckett would miss him when he was gone and Beckett replied "You're not going anywhere," she seemed to put the emphasis on "You're." Not the "not" (as in "You're not going anywhere.") or even the "anywhere" ("You're not going anywhere"), but "You're not going anywhere." As if he wasn't, but someone else is. Foreshadowing?

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Chado said:

So nothing lolsat related again, I'm amazed at how little they give a shit about the 'big bad' that is probably going to kill Beckett.

It's incredible to think how poorly this season has been planned out.

I'm guessing they "disappear" her without actually killing her. But I could be wrong.

I like goofy Castle. Sometimes I even like child-like Castle. But this one was a little OTT, even for me. 

And Hayley, just so you know, I will Never watch a Freddie Kruger nightmare flick.

• Love 1

This would have been a really good Halloween episode. 

My thoughts, randomly:

The show opens with Alexis, which is never a good omen, IMO.  But wait! Ax wielding looney enters the room. Hope springs eternal! And, of course, he promptly eats it. Hope shrivels yet again.

Lainey and Beckett are really getting a lot more material to play with in their final shows. :(   I still think they could have trimmed the budget by sending Alexis off on a graduate exchange program. .

Well, I didn’t guess who the villain was, so that’s a plus.  I initially thought it was the facility doctor in the beginning, since he said  they hadn’t reported the missing inmate immediately.

Was that Judy Reyes playing another character (previously she appeared in “Little Girl Lost”)? I forgot to check the credits.

Wasn’t that safe on an office wall with a window on it? So where the hell did the tunnel  come from? Maybe I observed it wrong.

“The Omen.”  LOL.  Lots of nice little devil movie references and red herrings. Those two C sculptures on either side of Victor’s desk reminded me of ram horns a bit.

I want to know how Beckett made that globe spin on the table.

For such a fraidy-cat.,Castle had some cojones to go back into the secret area to get the angel dagger. Creepy.

Jody the Pig reference FTW Alex! Red, glowing eyes…

I really liked this episode. I thought it was well written, well balanced and well plotted.

• Love 1
(edited)

This was cute. It made me sad though, because it's the end of Castle as we know it. I can't get over it.

It would have made a good Halloween episode. I'm confused as to why they placed it at the end of the season/series. Definitely one of the better episodes of the season, and that's even with it being jaded by all the BTS/Stana/Tamala/season 9 crap.

Was that Judy Reyes playing another character (previously she appeared in “Little Girl Lost”)? I forgot to check the credits.

I thought that might have been Carla (from Scrubs) but I couldn't tell because I didn't really watch Scrubs. If it was Judy Reyes (and I'm too lazy to go check for sure) then yes, it would be her second role. She was also in S1's "Little Girl Lost" as the mom who orchestrated the kidnapping of her daughter. It was the only Castle episode without a murder for a very long time (though I think there's since been another episode or two. [this season's"Dead Again" comes to mind but I think there was at least one other before it.])

Edit: Nope, not Judy Reyes. Her name is Anne-Marie Johnson and I don't think I've seen her in anything else.

Edited by McManda

Lots of anvils tonight. "You're not going anywhere, Castle" (emphasis on the "you're"). 

Honestly, I'm not sure that was meant to be foreshadowing. I'm still unclear if Stana or the writers et al knew about the crap that was about to hit the fan. Maybe Stana, but I don't think the writers had much warning.

I'm still hoping that whatever happens Beckett doesn't die. That's looking like my best case scenario (and even then it still sucks).

11 minutes ago, McManda said:

Edit: Nope, not Judy Reyes. Her name is Anne-Marie Johnson and I don't think I've seen her in anything else.

Thanks! Wow, she has been in a lot of stuff, looking at her IMDB page. I guess, if anything, I would have known her from In Living Color.

(edited)
2 hours ago, newyawk said:

I want to know how Beckett made that globe spin on the table.

It made me think of spinning the top in Inception. Maybe this whole season is a dream.

29 minutes ago, McManda said:

Honestly, I'm not sure that was meant to be foreshadowing. I'm still unclear if Stana or the writers et al knew about the crap that was about to hit the fan. Maybe Stana, but I don't think the writers had much warning.

I'm still hoping that whatever happens Beckett doesn't die. That's looking like my best case scenario (and even then it still sucks).

I'm hoping she doesn't die either. If everyone didn't know she was leaving that means the episode must end with it at least being a possibility, right?

This show isn't fun for me anymore, I can barely think of anything to say about it.

When Castle left the apartment at night to go to his office, did Beckett not hear him leave? She had just gone to bed when he found that dagger in his search?

So college student Alexis spends her evenings getting all dressed up and going to her father's office to drink with someone twice her age? Sure, why not.

It's really ridiculous that they have Castle truly believing in all these super natural things. I like him getting excited at the possibility, but they are playing it like he literally believes in all these things without any doubt.

Castle and Beckett still are really cute together when they have scenes together. It's really sad.

Preview for next weeks looks like it could be good if it wasn't for knowing Beckett was leaving. I'm still not sure if I can watch without knowing what really happens. But the shot of them saying they love each other gives me more of a she has to leave and go into hiding vibe than a death vibe. But I don't see how they'd do a season 9 without her if that's the case.

Edited by KaveDweller
spelling
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, FlickerToAFlame said:

Lots of anvils tonight. "You're not going anywhere, Castle" (emphasis on the "you're"). 

Heh. I don't think this was intentional foreshadowing, but it definitely made me think of what's coming, for sure. As for best case scenarios, I don't really know if I have one. Just bad, worse, and worst.

13 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It's really ridiculous that they have Castle truly believing in all these super natural things. I like him getting excited at the possibility, but they are playing it like he literally believes in all these things without any date.

Castle and Beckett still are really cute together when they have scenes together. It's really sad.

Agreed with both.  I'll miss what this show has been. 

• Love 5

Yep, still love a Caskett scene but I quite watching for much of the episode.  It was like a preview of what a Becketless season would be- boring.  Sorry, the COTW didn't interest me at all and Alexis and Hayley are so bad, uninteresting.  Finally, can't handle goofy Castle.  

Positive, I'm really not going to miss Castle next year.  Won't be watching and won't miss it. Thank you Hawley for a season 8 that is so bad I really won't miss Castle.  8 will be the only season I don't have on DVD. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Annec said:

Positive, I'm really not going to miss Castle next year.  Won't be watching and won't miss it. Thank you Hawley for a season 8 that is so bad I really won't miss Castle.  8 will be the only season I don't have on DVD. 

I think I'll miss posting in this forum way more than I'll miss the actual show.

• Love 6
(edited)

I would have enjoyed this episode more without next weeks finale casting it's dark shadow. I did get some laughs even though I'm not sure they were where the writer meant for me to.

Man the 12 precinct really is terrible. It took Alexis to look up their victims former arrest record & then call them with an update.

At least Ryan & Esposito do learn from their mistakes. Instead of having the CSU people waste their time searching Castle's office after he is attacked they just wait a while & then ask Hayley if there is any evidence around.

But I guess Castle PI is not that much better. Hayley reads a letter about being anointed as some kind of holy warrior & then just blows it off until Castle brings it up again.

Also Hayley needs to take a course in American. When Esposito asks is there any evidence of who broke in she says "no" & then pulls out a bracelet that they left in the office. Obviously she does not understand what the word "evidence" means (though strangely she put it in a bag clearly marked evidence).

Luckily Castle wasn't in the weird video then Beckett & the boys would have instantly believed in the evidence no matter how far fetched (like in "Driven").

I'll repeat what others have said that if they had just filled this season with episodes like this it would have been so much better.

Edited by oberon55
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oberon55 said:

Man the 12 precinct really is terrible. It took Alexis to look up their victims former arrest record & then call them with an update.

The 1970s show, Barney Miller, also took place in the 12th precinct. At the end of the show, the 12th was closed for budgetary reasons. It was a sweet finale reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz ending, with everyone's wishes fullfilled.

• Love 2
(edited)

The apocalypse isn't happening in two days so I wasn't nervous when Castle said that, it's next Monday apparently if you listen to the fans.

Scariest thing. Molly's wardrobe. Who found that HORRIBLE mumsy outfit for her to wear with that pussy cat bow? I bet it cost a fortune. My mother who is ninety this year dresses better than Alexis (who is twenty going on eighty) and what's with the pearls? What college student her age gets those out? 

Castle being let loose to ramble on about the antichrist and demons as if they're real without Beckett there to pull him back next season doesn't bear thinking about.  He's a guy in his mid forties, it's not charming these days it's idiotic.

Too much Hayley and Alexis is never a good thing, they're boring together, they're boring apart and instantly dragged this episode down a notch, Molly's acting is getting worse the longer she continues on this show. 

Naked twister - meh. This from the guy who kept his shirt on during strip poker and prefers playing scrabble to sex? Yeah right they can carry on talking about offscreen sexytimes all they like but I don't believe for one second this guy wants to get naked with Beckett or these two have the hots for each other, they can't even touch or kiss properly.  He's been turned into an effeminate buffoon, the writers appear to misunderstand what made them attractive together, it was their emotional connection not just the physical and as they fail to give me anything substantial in the former these superficial repeated teases don't work. 

Castle lets his daughter hang around his PI office alone and has a panic alarm in the loft as a precaution - what the hell good is that going to do her in an emergency? Unless she can employ her superskills against a determined assailant whilst she waits for help, good job she's joined at the hip with Hayley these days. It's been a constant WTF why this supposedly once caring over protective dad is prepared to let his only child do this dangerous shit.  Another irritation that makes no sense but then her hanging around with Hayley drinking Scotch and wearing pearls makes no sense either for a girl her age. Nothing makes sense this season that's the problem.

Once again why is Castle leading the investigation with the boys meekly following on behind like his underlings, they're the cops right?  Oh yeah they're preparing for S9 sorry I forgot, again it doesn't make sense but the writers don't want expect me to give a crap at this point. 

Poor Lanie, her penultimate episode and no one cares, the fans are all wrapped up with Katic's departure. 

Second episode in a row I preferred the boys interactions to Caskett. I'm so over them and just in time by the looks of that awful promo, at least in the finale I can watch emotionally distanced from this mess. 

Alex "pulls" the police files and court records for her to discuss with Hayley, since when did she get access to this stuff being a college drop out and not even a PI? 

I have to believe that someone like Richard Castle would not open a huge safe he found in his office by the builders? Urgh. He then tells Alexis "we shouldn't let fear control our actions" but apparently he's happy to let superstition control his...SIGH

Now that we know you're all okay can someone untie me? That did make me laugh. 

If this is what S9 is going to like. OTT Castle and the gruesome twosome playing back up I'm afraid I'll have to take a pass, the only good points these days are the boys. 

Oh and finally no mention of Locksat whatsoever which is terrible writing given that next week the shit hits the fan BIG TIME and they can't even be bothered to create any build up for the big bad which I gather has been their main story arc this season (not that you would ever know it), even Marlowe at his worst managed to do that every season injecting something into two or even three episodes beforehand as pointers. I know Lockast is annoying as fuck for many of us when mentioned on screen but this glaring omission sums up how badly Hawley and Winter have been as showrunners and writers. Teenage Castle fanfic writers could do better.  Shame on you AH/TPW.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

Once again, I fell asleep 10 minutes into the episode to wake up only when the killer was being revealed.  I should probably stop trying to watch it live! 

I looked at the Castle-Alexis-Haley parts of the episode as separate from the rest and an indication of what next season will be like. The over-acting. Ugh.

• Love 2

I enjoy goofy Castle, I find it entertaining. I'm not that precious about him though, I wouldn't like it it he was serious crimefighter guy. Otherwise, I'd be watching CSI or something. 

I like imaginative Castle, but not superstitious Castle.

Having crosses around doesn't do much good unless you are also a Christian believer. (Recalling the scene in The Fearless Vampire Killers "Oy, have you got the wrong vampire!")

For Hayley and Alexis, I've been assuming a romance, although the 20 year age difference is a little off-putting. At least it's a reasonable explanation for Alexis trying so hard to be 'grown up'. 

6 minutes ago, femmefan1946 said:

For Hayley and Alexis, I've been assuming a romance, although the 20 year age difference is a little off-putting. At least it's a reasonable explanation for Alexis trying so hard to be 'grown up'. 

If they are going for the romance angle, if the show does continue I wonder if their kisses will get interrupted? 

• Love 4

Feeling snarky due to circumstances, so take my comments with salt on the rim:

I know it's only one ep, but if I had wanted darkness and demons I'd watch Supernatural.

Part of the charm of this show was Castle always seeing the story behind the scenes - I will never forget the tale he told the boys and Montgomery in the killer nanny ep about the Guy in Apartment 8. As a fiction writer, it made sense for him to bring some fantastical, out-of-the-box thinking to the usually cut and dried cop work, IIRC that was the whole premise of the show. But spinning tales to broaden their perspective is a far cry from gullible, scaredy-cat Castle believing his own hype. I agree with a poster on another thread who mentioned Castle telling Ryan that he only spouted these crazy theories to get a reaction from Beckett. That's the Castle I want to see. 

OMG, I get it already, writers, Alexis and Hayley are too cool for school. 

Re the promo: for the first time it struck me how much amnesia the characters will have to be suffering from if they kill off Beckett. The shot of Espo and Ryan looking heartbroken really bugged me. Go ahead and spin off Castle, Hayley and Alexis as the spunky new Scooby-Doo and the gang, but don't try to tell me that Espo and Ryan will take losing their Captain and partner of so many years with such little regard. And if they think they have the writerly skills to create a season 9 that both honors Beckett's memory and successfully moves the rest of them forward, why didn't they use this amazing skill to keep season 8 from being such a crapfest? 

Honestly, did it all start to go downhill when they shaved off Castle's ruggedly handsome scruff?

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, femmefan1946 said:

A romance is really the only thing that would explain the way they are attached at the hip these days.

I know they wanted to incorporate Alexis into the COTWs, but I really liked it better when she had her own interests and ambitions. I also don't get Castle being totally okay with her suddenly not caring about school and doing illegal things to solve cases.  In one episode she snuck into the lawyers office to steal their records, was he really not worried about her getting caught and having a record? I know he doesn't care about his own because he's successful enough that it doesn't matter, but that's not true about Alexis. Or is he planning to just financially support her forever? Because those old woman clothes probably can't be bought on the salary of a PI/ESL Teacher.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

Ryan:  "I hate the 'Walls of Crazy'."

I have to admit that I jumped a little when the glowing red eyes appeared.  (One of my cats likes to nap in the 'penthouse level' of the kitty condo.  Sometimes when I look through the doorway into the dark room where she is sitting, all I can see are glowing yellow eyes that are about six feet off the ground.  I jump every time.  I'm sure she laughs a little in her head.)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MaryM47 said:

Part of the charm of this show was Castle always seeing the story behind the scenes - I will never forget the tale he told the boys and Montgomery in the killer nanny ep about the Guy in Apartment 8. As a fiction writer, it made sense for him to bring some fantastical, out-of-the-box thinking to the usually cut and dried cop work, IIRC that was the whole premise of the show. But spinning tales to broaden their perspective is a far cry from gullible, scaredy-cat Castle believing his own hype. I agree with a poster on another thread who mentioned Castle telling Ryan that he only spouted these crazy theories to get a reaction from Beckett. That's the Castle I want to see. 

The writers seem determined to turn him into a nothing more than a big kid and worse it encourages Fillion to overact which makes it even worse, there's a difference between childish and childlike and they appear to have confused the two. I feel like sending your comment to the writers and asking them to pin up on in the writers room as a reminder of what Richard Castle used to be about. 

Others have said I'm sure, they seem to have completely forgotten the essence of good characterisation and remembering anything about them. 

• Love 1

I was disappointed when ax-weilding escapee Gabriel Shaw didn’t end our misery by hacking Hayley and Alexis off the show and out of our lives, but…they live on to ruin another episode.

Lets go back to Hayley and Alexis, who continued to annoy throughout the show, by the way. These two clowns were shown pawing through Castle’s secret vault (so stupid) and cataloging the items there. This place contained evidence of a serious crime and should’ve been under police control. Police investigators should’ve been the people there doing the investigating, not those two who’re playing Nancy Drew dress-up games.

LOL, I share Lee's annoyance with these two, I can't stand the way these writers keep trying to force me to enjoy Hayley and Alexis together, it's so obvious what's they're trying to do and it's not working because it's lazy writing. No amount of Scotch drinking and late night movie sessions is going to change anything. I WILL NOT BE TURNED!  Their relationship is not organic and trying to force them together into a serious of unnatural situations creeps me out more than anything.  And please let the cops be the cops! It irks me every time when I see the boys acting as meek sidekicks to Castle as he strolls around acting like he's in charge of them and the same goes for Alexis and her amateur hour detective antics which are even more irritating. 

Oh, was it just me or are you, too, getting a strange feeling about Alexis and Hayley? They’re sure beginning to act like a couple. Now wouldn’t that be a twist. Hmm…

Lee's not the only one getting those vibes but I doubt ABC would go there. I wish they would get so enraptured with each other they decide to head off on a long trip somewhere. 

I also agree with him about the lack of spark between Caskett and the too many mentions of naked twister, again I can see what the writers are trying to do but it's lazy writing and it doesn't work especially when your two main stars aren't interested any more. 

12 minutes ago, verdana said:

LOL, I share Lee's annoyance with these two, I can't stand the way these writers keep trying to force me to enjoy Hayley and Alexis together, it's so obvious what's they're trying to do and it's not working because it's lazy writing. No amount of Scotch drinking and late night movie sessions is going to change anything. I WILL NOT BE TURNED!  Their relationship is not organic and trying to force them together into a serious of unnatural situations creeps me out more than anything. And please let the cops be the cops! It irks me every time when I see the boys acting as meek sidekicks to Castle as he strolls around acting like he's in charge of them and the same goes for Alexis and her amateur hour detective antics which are even more irritating. 

Lee's not the only one getting those vibes but I doubt ABC would go there. I wish they would get so enraptured with each other they decide to head off on a long trip somewhere. 

I also agree with him about the lack of spark between Caskett and the too many mentions of naked twister, again I can see what the writers are trying to do but it's lazy writing and it doesn't work especially when your two main stars aren't interested any more. 

I sure hope Esposito and Ryan don't turn into background noise next season! I can only imagine the garbage that could be coming their way....they are owed more than still being (comedically incompetent) plucky sidekicks..

• Love 1

I agree with you, Ryan and Espo have been the best thing for me over these last two episodes, I was watching them this week thinking these guys deserve better than what I fear they might be getting in S9.  It would annoy me no end if they promote Hayley and Alexis even more with this bizarre relationship which makes my toes curl and leave these guys picking up their scraps.  The boys relationship has been developed over time and circumstance plus the actors have good chemistry together, the Hayley/Alexis combo is an abomination. 

• Love 3

Have always enjoyed Castle going off on an unrealistic tangent and Beckett pulling him back to reality. This whole business with the AntiChrist went too far. He looked like a big buffoon rather than a fantasy lover.

Alexis' transformation from college student into society matron is hysterical. What in the world were she and Hayley doing in the PI office late at night wearing party dresses? Alexis is 20 (?). She should be running around in jeans exploring the City - not drinking scotch late at night in her dad's PI Office with a sketchy older woman unless they are foreshadowing a Hayley/Alexis romance.

Someone upthread reported that the 12th Precinct sets were struck already. If so, I wonder if Esposito and Ryan end up leaving the force and going to work with Castle in his PI business? I won't be watching so I'm just curious.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, LisaM said:

Have always enjoyed Castle going off on an unrealistic tangent and Beckett pulling him back to reality. This whole business with the AntiChrist went too far. He looked like a big buffoon rather than a fantasy lover.

Alexis' transformation from college student into society matron is hysterical. What in the world were she and Hayley doing in the PI office late at night wearing party dresses? Alexis is 20 (?). She should be running around in jeans exploring the City - not drinking scotch late at night in her dad's PI Office with a sketchy older woman unless they are foreshadowing a Hayley/Alexis romance.

He stopped being a fantasy lover a looong time ago.

As for the party dresses, yeah that was another WTF moment for me which I found  incredibly distracting. I feel like sitting down with the writers and asking them to explain to me why?  What world are they living in where you have to be at the office late at night and you think "hey better put my cocktail dress on!" It's like they don't give a shit anymore about anything and just throw things in there for the sheer hell of it. May be Luke wants to eat up his clothing budget before the finale. 

I keep saying this like a broken record but it doesn't make sense why these characters are doing the things that they do this season, the last time I had to go back and spend a late night at my office I put on jeans, boots and a smart jumper lol.  I've I turned up looking like they did my boss would wonder what I'd been smoking.

And talking of drinking, can the writers please stop with the Scotch for Alexis, do they really believe her holding that in her hand knocking it back signals she's an adult and mature? Oh please it's laughable, they need to do more than that, and what girl her age is getting dad's 50 year old Scotch out in any case? Back in my younger days that was the last thing I'd be wanting to drink out with my friends.  

But then Alexis doesn't appear to have any friends lol..just Hayley.

Edited by verdana
  • Love 1

What world are they living in where you have to be at the office late at night and you think "hey better put my cocktail dress on!"

It's after 6 o'clock. What are they, farmers? ;)

• Love 3

What world are they living in where you have to be at the office late at night and you think "hey better put my cocktail dress on!"

They were cosplaying Mad Men? :P  

I think Luke really lives in a world where he just wonders if something would look good on an actor (and he's often wrong about that!) regardless of anything about the character or the situation.  Alexis' wardrobe seems to be resembling that girl from Gilmore Girls? Maybe that's the vibe Luke's going for?  Who know or cares?

The terribly way they're writing Alexis/Hayley being all chummy almost makes me thankful they didn't bother with the Alexis/Beckett relationship. ;)

Then again if they were to go there with Alexis/Hayley it might actually be more entertaining, or at least reaction inducing, than the dumb bore that is Locksat.

It annoys me whenever they have Beckett or Castle getting coffee from the pot instead of the espresso machine! Stooooop it.  It's monkey pee in battery acid!

• Love 2

It annoys me whenever they have Beckett or Castle getting coffee from the pot instead of the espresso machine! Stooooop it.  It's monkey pee in battery acid!

Seriously! If the writers can't maintain the continuity of this crucial plot point, no wonder they keep forgetting who their characters truly are. 

Seriously! If the writers can't maintain the continuity of this crucial plot point, no wonder they keep forgetting who their characters truly are. 

38 minutes ago, femmefan1946 said:

Why is the site stuttering?

Probably getting overloaded with people hanging out and waiting to see if their favorite show will renew.

• Love 1

Even though the news about Beckett was present in the back of my mind as I watched the episode, I did enjoy the episode a lot. I found myself laughing a lot (especially at the sight of the three crosses made out of pencils rubber-banded together on Castle's desk, LOL). 

I did notice Beckett's absence during most of the scenes and found that I enjoyed the episode whether with or without Beckett. But without her, this show will definitely not be the same one I fell in love with back in season 1. But then, this show hasn't had that early season 1 / season 2 vibe in a long time. I've had to adjust expectations quite a bit. Something I struggled to do with Bones back in the day and which seriously affected my enjoyment of the show and its lead characters. At this point, Jack Hodgins is my saving grace on that show - as he has always been - and I probably will never love that show like I did in its early days. Same with Castle, but for different reasons. After my disappointments with what they did to Booth and Brennan, I don't think I've ever approached another show with the same abundance of enthusiasm. So Castle has never frustrated me in the same way.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:30 AM, turnitwayup said:

These past 3 eps kinda proved that the writing staff can do a decent COTW and still split the screen time evenly with all the bts drama/concessions.

I agree. OK, I almost got the murderer (I bagged it as being the son, not the mother) and I didn't like that they showed Castle as really believing it was the anti-Christ (as opposed to just spouting the ridiculous to tease Kate), but it was fun enough.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 2:15 AM, newyawk said:

Wasn’t that safe on an office wall with a window on it? So where the hell did the tunnel  come from?

That wasn't a safe, it was a fricking TARDIS!

OK, I feel slightly skeevy saying this (given I am... comfortably old enough to be her father) but I liked how Alexis looked!