Type keyword(s) to search

After the most explosive season ever, temperatures soar as the ladies reunite for a fiery reunion.  The Housewives air their grievances with tears, tantrums and plenty of allegations.  Hosted by Alex Perry.

• Love 1

Lydiot and Gina have very obviously taken a page from the LVP playbook. The 'I'm only apologising to shut them up' line is used by Lydiot with the confidence delivered I suspect only because she saw the last few episodes of RHOBH. Gina I believe was steaming because we all know Gina claims to know LVP and has cast herself in her role on this franchise, with the denials and oblique slithering when confronted and pursuit of tangential rubbish. Actually quite Clintonesque. Gina has fun with these girls sometimes but she sails close to alienating her fanbase with her superiority. 

Finally!!!! Susie is my fckn hero for telling the Joanna story and revealing and addressing Lydiot's foul and repulsive racism. I think one of the most coldly vile throwaway lines from Lydiot to Suzie tonight was on this topic when Lydiot says dismissively 'we all speak like that, don't we? ' and Suzie lines her up like a missile launcher 'no, I don't'. And Suzie's calm yet surgeon like deconstruction of Lydiot's 'Joanna Creation Myth' where Lydiot claims to have found Joanna wandering on the street. No. Apparently she worked first for Suzie, she wasn't 'poached' by Lydiot, but Lydiot met Joanna first in Suzie's employ. Suzie says she was happy for her to earn money with another job with Lydiot. But adds she'd never have supported or encouraged this arrangement if she had known how Lydiot would treat her. 

Women like Lydiot represent a truly ugly side of Australia. This attitude is unacceptable and totally unrepresentative of most Australians. Or is it?!! I actually can't claim that as this country has a disgraceful history of race relations and is currently sliding backwards in its human rights abuses of refugees and Indigenous Australians. So maybe having Lydiot on the show is reasonable. If that's true, then I'm more grateful that Suzie relentlessly stood her ground like the ex housewife she's probably about to be and kept firing implacably at the bigoted moron that is Lydiot. Ffs. Even Alex Perry was driven to a mantrum at 1 stage and was by the end of the reunion blatantly dismissive of and obviously disgusted by Pettitfleur and Lydiot. 

The only regret Lydiot claimed was the obvious 1: she regrets she's burned her bridges with the real power in the group, Chyka. Her countenance becomes fearful when questioned about pissing Chyka off. Lydiot hasn't survived this long without well tuned social and wealth divining antennae. She's a glossy locked cockroach, truly and could give less fcks than Alex about anyone else. 

PPF remains a pathological narcissist. The neuro typicals in the rest of the cast are visibly exhausted by proximity to it. 

And this is it. This is all the Australian franchise could manage. Even Potomac had a 2 part reunion. We're into Season 3 and the show is half the length of its American cousins. We are so parochial and backward. I hope Cheshire is good viewing in the meantime. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Took so long for a link to go up. I was disappointed to hear about Gamble and Gina having a strain on their friendship. Gina mentioned that the reunion is there to air grievances but in the middle of her discussion with Gamble I got the impression that she was saying that wasn't over whatever the incident was. Gina may not understand Gamble's hurt feelings over what transpired but to have Gamble say that their fights have made their friendship stronger and Gina shut that down quickly made me feel really bad for Gamble. I hope Gina was only speaking to Gamble's theory and not about their friendship specifically though I did notice them laughing and holding hands at one point...probably at something Lydia or PF said. Gina does have an inflated ego but of course her inflated ego prevents her from seeing that she has an inflated ego. 

Lydia is so transparent. She keeps claiming that she doesn't know Susie but Susie has made so many references that would suggest that Lydia and her have some sort of acknowledgment of one another and Lydia hasn't shut down any of them. Calling Susie and talking about having each other's back. Nope didn't deny that. Susie talking about Lydia meeting Joanna at her home, nope didn't shut that down either. Of all things, she shut down Susie's claim that she was at Lydia's wedding. Lydia would be stupid enough to discredit something that could be easily proved. The way Lydia treats Joanna is disgusting. She has deluded herself into thinking she has a real friendship with Joanna and feels that by letting Joanna cook, clean and run her errands for her, she's somehow enriching Joanna's life. What a tool. 

Between PF's denials that she wasn't drunk last season when others testified to the opposite and between the put downs she's made about the other women on camera, I don't for a second believe that she didn't make those comments about Chyka. PF also can't decide if she wants to portray herself as the survivor or the warrior that's in control. First she said she had to grow balls of steel to deal with these women. Then she said that she's been through so much that these women were like a walk in the park for her. Yet you watch the show and she quickly turns herself into a victim. Most people are happy when they're walking in the park, not crying and cursing nonsense. How can this woman not get along with anyone and think that everyone else is the problem?? FYI PF - a friend doesn't say that they tolerate you. Friends accept and embrace, not tolerate. Then again, it's Lydia using the word so who knows if she actually knows what it means and the proper way to use the word in a sentence. 

Chyka, don't go looking for an apology on screen if you aren't going to allow someone to address what they're having to apologize for. I'm quite sure it's Chyka that slapped a gag order on them to prevent them from talking about it and I'm convinced that's why Chyka isn't returning to the show next season. If she returns, it will be harder to shut down the talk and speculation. 

• Love 4

Some great moments from the reunion:-

OMG Janet taking the piss out of PityFuck's accent when she asked Alex Perry if he could see a strap on the side of her leg at the beginning of the reunion and Janet says - "Who begs to differ, why do you need Spanxs if you're in the best shape of your life?" ROFLMAO.

I'm happy Lydiot finally got called out over her racism towards Joanna. I hope Joanna can find another rich Melbourne bitch who will treat her well.

The girls calling PityFuck out on her drinking again LOL.

Loved Alex Perry calling the women out on their shouting match. I agree with Gina. It's like trying to listen to the TV with a radio blaring in your ear!

I love, love, love Chyka and I'm sad that she won't be back for season 4. I wish her and her family well.

• Love 1

I could be wrong but I think the point about the bolded taken exception to had nothing to do with what  it being taken exception with.  Rather that the Production values represent the backwards notion in how the show is scheduled.  That it is 'backwards' to have just one reunion episode.  That is 'backwards' to have such a short season compared to the US versions (especially when every time I am there it seems the same season of My Kitchen Rules is still running.  The comments have nothing to do with the actual content let alone some kind of idea the women on it represent the norm.  I'm not the original poster but I re-read both posts and still am having a problem tying the complaint to the original post's content.

I guess i just watched or saw something completely different, I saw that viper what's her name oh yeah Susie show yet again how hard she has it for Lydia, who yeah is a stupid cow bordering on racially offensive, but is joanna a SLAVE or is she an employee who obviously from Susie's pique can bloody well quit if she doesn't like her boss?!?

Also how they have the front to attack Lydia for racism of all things after janet is totally mocking in a dare i say racist manner with petifleur?

WTF

Their biggest problem with Lydia is the Gossip or (finger quotes) REPEATING of things yet they ALL do it most especially Lydia's biggest critic,

I'm glad that jackie and Lydia kinda made up, but they will never be close again!

Oh well it's their job not their whole life.

Beyond the asshole host and the Lydiot running around in logic circles there is simply the joy of seeing the Lydiot dressed in what looks like she cobbled together every piece of wedding laced-linens she could find into a sort of hooker-wedding gown and Gamble's salute to the Sydney Opera House with her hair.  Seriously who ever thought what they did to her head wasn't the most silly looking over combing this side of Drumpf's?

And I still like seeing how the Lydiot reacts to Susie revealing that Joanna worked for her and that is how the Lydiot "found" her.  All done up in what the Lydiot clearly thought was a sexy frock and she ends up looking like a wedding cake gone all kinds of wrong and wonky.  I love just seeing her slouch in that thing.  And then the broader shots of Gamble's hideous head and all its piles and parts.  So much fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tenativelyyours said:

Beyond the asshole host and the Lydiot running around in logic circles there is simply the joy of seeing the Lydiot dressed in what looks like she cobbled together every piece of wedding laced-linens she could find into a sort of hooker-wedding gown and Gamble's salute to the Sydney Opera House with her hair.  Seriously who ever thought what they did to her head wasn't the most silly looking over combing this side of Drumpf's?

Lydia's dress was SO unflattering on her.  Her face looks like she's maybe gained a couple pounds but she looked barely squeezed into that dress.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't think Gina has any awareness of how much her friendship with Gamble makes her more tolerable. Gina is so full of herself that she refused to even hear Gamble's point, which was "I knew what you were doing. If we're true friends, don't lie to me like I'm any of the other women." I think it's a valid legitimate complaint. Gina was just so defensive that she couldn't even let Gamble make her point. Except for her hilariously inept assistant, I've been disappointed with Gina all season.

If we want to talk hallelujahs, hallelujah that the show shone a spotlight on Lydia's disgusting paternalistic racist treatment of Johanna. I'm glad that the show pointed it out and that the other women piped up about it. Lydia is a garbage person. Not a person who collects garbage and takes it to the dump. That person is an actual useful member of society. Lydia is an animated semisentient pile of rotting trash squeezed into a terrible  knock off of Stephanie Seymour's November  Rain wedding dress. Gurl, you know it is.

All season, I thought Susie was such a non fucking factor that the sight of her face produced such a strong Pavlovian response in me that I found myself drifting off to sleep everytime I laid eyes on her. But it was all worth it to see reunion Susie who in regards to Lydia was living by the motto "No rest. No mercy. No clemency. No quarter given." And she had the good sense to look great too. Slay Miss Susie!

I'm of two minds about Pettifleur. I'm sure that when she came to Australia she probably did have a hard time breaking in because she's a foreign woman of color with an accent. The problem is that her experiences turned her hard, jealous, petty and remorseless. She can't even reasonably fake empathy with her own sister. Plus she has boundaries that are so weird that she thinks that if she showers her son in gifts and flashes her china at him that he'll come home. Nope! Especially since his girlfriend is having sex with him. Until Petty is willing to match that, Nathan is not coming home. Maybe that's what bonded Lydia and Pettifleur. Lydia was inappropriately sexual with her stepsons and Pettifleur is inappropriately sexually flirtatious with her son.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

So Susie and Jackie can accuse Lydia on camera of having an affair with Shane Warne, but nobody can talk about whatever Lydia said about Chyka and families are off-limits? I don't even like Lydia - and I'm glad she was called out for her treatment of Joanna - but the hypocrisy about sharing gossip is absurd. 

I don't think Susie added any value to this season. I find Janet extremely unlikeable with her screeching accusations and inserting herself into situations that have nothing to do with her.  Jackie seemed to be genuinely remorseful for her outburst, perhaps she'll learn to rein it in. 

Can this Alex guy host all Bravo reunions?  He does a much better job than Andy, who asks banal, stupid questions with no follow up and lets the hos scream and yell over each other.  At least Alex tells them to STFU and gets up to walk off the stage. 

Lydia by far was the big loser in this reunion.  Her treatment of Joanna is God awful.  Please, Lydia, do not tell everyone that Joanna enjoys being treated like a slave.  Ugh. 

I too am surprised that Susie and Jackie went there with the Shane Warne accusations. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Can this Alex guy host all Bravo reunions?  He does a much better job than Andy, who asks banal, stupid questions with no follow up and lets the hos scream and yell over each other.  At least Alex tells them to STFU and gets up to walk off the stage. 

Lydia by far was the big loser in this reunion.  Her treatment of Joanna is God awful.  Please, Lydia, do not tell everyone that Joanna enjoys being treated like a slave.  Ugh. 

I too am surprised that Susie and Jackie went there with the Shane Warne accusations. 

I can just picture Lydiot watching 12 Years a Slave and missing the point completely. "Oh Johanna. I just watched this amazing movie where this talented man was drugged, betrayed, and sent to work in this horrible place. He was able to get help when he told Brad Pitt who saved him. That's like us Johanna. You were here all alone in a foreign country and then I found you. I took you in, treated you like my own daughter, and taught you so much."

"And it was so awful Johanna because Lupita Nyongo played this lovely young woman who didn't have someone like me looking out for her. They treated her so cruelly. You really are very lucky that you have me."

"What do you think Mister Figs? How lucky is Johanna that she has me taking care of her and teaching her so much?"

Figaro appears on screen in a completely silent talking head.

"Johanna, I need you to scrub the floors with a toothbrush."

I thought it was pretty shitty to spread the Shane Warne gossip. Apparently he used to be engaged to Elizabeth Hurley. I can't imagine that he's interested in any of these women except as a dead of night pitch black booty call. But he does seem to be pretty fond of Lydia. I can't imagine that Lydia would cheat with him knowing how much scrutiny and attention is focused on their friendship. But I can imagine that Lydia is a little like blowjob queen Giada de Laurentiis (it's her version of the Brentwood hello or more accurately the Toorak hello) and less like Gwyneth Paltrow who just bangs dudes 'cause.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I can just picture Lydiot watching 12 Years a Slave and missing the point completely. "Oh Johanna. I just watched this amazing movie where this talented man was drugged, betrayed, and sent to work in this horrible place. He was able to get help when he told Brad Pitt who saved him. That's like us Johanna. You were here all alone in a foreign country and then I found you. I took you in, treated you like my own daughter, and taught you so much."

"And it was so awful Johanna because Lupita Nyongo played this lovely young woman who didn't have someone like me looking out for her. They treated her so cruelly. You really are very lucky that you have me."

"What do you think Mister Figs? How lucky is Johanna that she has me taking care of her and teaching her so much?"

Figaro appears on screen in a completely silent talking head.

"Johanna, I need you to scrub the floors with a toothbrush."

I thought it was pretty shitty to spread the Shane Warne gossip. Apparently he used to be engaged to Elizabeth Hurley. I can't imagine that he's interested in any of these women except as a dead of night pitch black booty call. But he does seem to be pretty fond of Lydia. I can't imagine that Lydia would cheat with him knowing how much scrutiny and attention is focused on their friendship. But I can imagine that Lydia is a little like blowjob queen Giada de Laurentiis (it's her version of the Brentwood hello or more accurately the Toorak hello) and less like Gwyneth Paltrow who just bangs dudes 'cause.

Finally googled him.  Don't find him terribly attractive.  His mouth looks like Jim Edmonds.

I think there is a little room between the gossip about the Lydiot and Warne and the stuff that the Lydiot was spreading about the others.  The Lydiot has put out the Warne "wink wink, we're just friends" bit long before they ever started filming the season.  She was the one to make sure the media knew exactly who was going on these fund raising jaunts and that she would be traveling sans spouse.  The fake conversation between the Lydiot and her husband was an attempt to pretend that the others were the ones responsible for the initial chatter.  They were not.  It was out there and out there thanks to the Lydiot that the two were together socially without the Lydiot's husband. 

I don't think Warne would turn down sex since I think it feeds his ego, but the Lydiot is nothing but an ego fluffer that I suspect amused him to over flirt (and we have all seen how the Lydiot turns flirting into a crime against Humanity) and Warne still isn't so past his sell by date that he can't get younger and less cumbersome dates if he wants them. 

I actually think Susie was trying for something else.  Not an indictment that the Lydiot was fooling around but that the Lydiot was trying to sell that Shane Warne was attracted to her but she was forbidden fruit being married so he was settling for a wistful yearning but platonic relationship.  I think the thing is, Shane Warne has tons of Lydiots, middle aged women who giggle, and fiddle their hair and touch his arm and screech "oh Shane! you're awful" as he deposits their checks for his charity and gets them to do all the heavy lifting while simpering in whatever reflected glory they imagine is beaming on them.  Susie knew the Lydiot was not this alluring crush that I think the Lydiot was trying to sell with her wink wink to the cameras about how there is not affair.  There wasn't.  But she desperately wanted the sell the idea that she was the one putting the kibosh on it and if she wanted it would happen in a heartbeat.  Then the accusations about an actual affair came out and it seemed to me that even Susie didn't believe it.  But I think Susie thinks the Lydiot has dropped hints that it did or came close to happening because Shane wanted it and she was hoping the Lydiot would trip up.  Jackie I just think got to that point where once again takes a grain and pretends she has a whole field to harvest.

• Useful 1