Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Ree makes such a ridiculous big bleeping deal about those kids going to college. Booohooo  crying. She is overdoing her phony emotional stuff because she thinks her female audience will relate to it. There are so many people (including her fans) who can't afford to send 4 kids to college. She is not grateful for that. Ree Drummond is spoiled, and stupid.

• Love 3

Peaches, as most animal lovers know, animals have souls, and will be in the afterlife, with you someday. All pain will be gone.  The bonds of love for both people and animals can never be broken. I have been heartbroken over deaths, too, as have most people. Sorry to get religious, now back to some snark!  Read the comments at the end of this article, we are not alone in our observations of Ree. https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/02/pioneer-woman-horse-slaughter-scandal-ree-drummons-slammed-greedy/

• Love 2

I’m am not ok with the mistreatment of any animal. I rode horses. They are beautiful animals and have feelings. I have many examples of how mine cared for me. She supports slaughter of wild horses? Uh...just no. I guess she only sees large animals as food sources. I remember one episode that she said she used to be a vegetarian (in college maybe). What happened to her ethics? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

We were in Interlaken Switzerland this year, and the first place we had lunch had horse meat on the menu. That was a bit of a shock.

photo (2).jpeg

I’ve seen it offered in France and even heard, although this might just be a rumor, that McDonalds uses that ingredient in their burgers. 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, cathy said:

I think the disease that really does need it is celiac disease, the rest are just trendy yuppie hipsters shopping at whole foods (whole paycheck).

One way you can tell if someone's doing it to be "on trend" - if they say "I'm going gluten-free to cut back on carbs" as if the only thing that has carbs is wheat. So many of them replace the gluten with high-carb stuff! As a carb-counting diabetic, it annoys the hell out of me, because people are always saying "Have you tried going gluten-free?"

argh.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, txvoodoo said:

One way you can tell if someone's doing it to be "on trend" - if they say "I'm going gluten-free to cut back on carbs" as if the only thing that has carbs is wheat. So many of them replace the gluten with high-carb stuff! As a carb-counting diabetic, it annoys the hell out of me, because people are always saying "Have you tried going gluten-free?"

argh.

"Why yes. I only eat potatoes and fried rice!"

• Love 3

I noticed a blooper on this morning's show "beat the clock." Ladd invited a couple over for dinner at the last minute. Ree was hard at work in the Lodge.  The camera shows Ladd driving through downtown Pawhuska, presumably on his way home for "dinner." In the background, on one of those signs that are usually in front of banks, is a digital time readout. It says "12:06."  And it was a sunny bright day. Busted.  I wonder how many Reeple picked up on that. And the childish snake prank is getting old. I wonder if the "guests" are getting paid?  Does anyone know how Lura is?

• Love 4
On 10/18/2018 at 1:10 PM, cathy said:

I noticed a blooper on this morning's show "beat the clock." Ladd invited a couple over for dinner at the last minute. Ree was hard at work in the Lodge.  The camera shows Ladd driving through downtown Pawhuska, presumably on his way home for "dinner." In the background, on one of those signs that are usually in front of banks, is a digital time readout. It says "12:06."  And it was a sunny bright day. Busted.  I wonder how many Reeple picked up on that. And the childish snake prank is getting old. I wonder if the "guests" are getting paid?  Does anyone know how Lura is?

I grew up on a farm.  The noon meal was always called dinner and the evening meal was called supper.  That's pretty common for rural areas.  Of course, in this case it was probably staged.  

But Ree in the beginning of the show said something like she looking forward to spending the evening relaxing in her yoga pants when Ladd called and said he had guests coming etc. I did think of the dinner/supper thing but from what she said she was pretending it was the evening meal. the whole thing is fake, it is almost a waste of time to complain about it. On her new magazine cover, her head does kinda look too small. Maybe she is getting fat? 

8 hours ago, cathy said:

But Ree in the beginning of the show said something like she looking forward to spending the evening relaxing in her yoga pants when Ladd called and said he had guests coming etc. I did think of the dinner/supper thing but from what she said she was pretending it was the evening meal. the whole thing is fake, it is almost a waste of time to complain about it. On her new magazine cover, her head does kinda look too small. Maybe she is getting fat? 

Getting?

image.thumb.png.a2fef88916cb59103279638862868adb.png

available next month for $44.99.

Here is the official description:

Barbie has partnered with The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond to create a fully stocked kitchen for cooking and baking storytelling fun! Barbie doll can cook up all kinds of stories & treats at the large kitchen accessory that features overhead cabinets with transparent working doors, a silvery sink and stovetop, white counter space, floral decorations and a teal oven with clear working door.
A bright teal fridge is decorated with yellow accents, floral designs and a silvery "water dispenser" and is so cool with working double doors, lots of shelf space (including two that slide out) and a working freezer drawerMore than 30 accessories include all the ingredients to play out cooking and baking stories -cookware, grocery items, completed dishes, stacking dessert layers and working pieces like a toaster that pops up 'toast' with a lever and a mixer that spins when the button is pushedBarbie doll, inspired by The Pioneer Woman, can cook up a storm wearing a pink floral top, denim pants and brown boots -there's an even an oven mitt to use when things get hot.       (My comment-BARF)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, cathy said:

Barbie has partnered with The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond to create a fully stocked kitchen for cooking and baking storytelling fun! Barbie doll can cook up all kinds of stories & treats at the large kitchen accessory that features overhead cabinets with transparent working doors, a silvery sink and stovetop, white counter space, floral decorations and a teal oven with clear working door.
A bright teal fridge is decorated with yellow accents, floral designs and a silvery "water dispenser" and is so cool with working double doors, lots of shelf space (including two that slide out) and a working freezer drawerMore than 30 accessories include all the ingredients to play out cooking and baking stories -cookware, grocery items, completed dishes, stacking dessert layers and working pieces like a toaster that pops up 'toast' with a lever and a mixer that spins when the button is pushedBarbie doll, inspired by The Pioneer Woman, can cook up a storm wearing a pink floral top, denim pants and brown boots -there's an even an oven mitt to use when things get hot.       (My comment-BARF)

Why? She has that many sheeple that would buy this crap? Oh, I just answered my own question.

• Love 5

Is it for adult women to play with? 

I know that a lot of kids watch Food Newtwork, (thus the kids' competition shows) but I can't imagine that young girls watch Ree's show. Do Bryce and Todd have hordes of teeny-bopper fans that we aren't aware of? Is Paige with her fried platinum hair and Joan Crawford brows the middle-school "it" girl? LOL! /eyeroll ... 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, cathy said:

This HAS to be a joke. Doesn't it ... ? Please?

• Love 3
(edited)

@peacheslatour and @Mindthinkr 

I was making (and failing to land ; ) a joke about Ree starring in a Pioneer Woman version of the series  "Killing Eve" (trailer below) which stars (the amazing) Jodie Comer as a psycopathic killer and (the even more amazing) Sandra Oh as the woman hunting her. (In my version of the show - episode one! -- Ree tries to kill Sandra Oh for serving "I don't trust 'em" wings at one of her potlucks).  I figure between the heavy cream and butter,  ol' Ree could wrack up a body count twice that of any psycho-killer.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, cathy said:

Gods, that nasal twang of hers. I need ear bleach- STAT!

13 hours ago, film noire said:

@peacheslatour and @Mindthinkr 

I was making (and failing to land ; ) a joke about Ree starring in a Pioneer Woman version of the series  "Killing Eve" (trailer below) which stars (the amazing) Jodie Comer as a psycopathic killer and (the even more amazing) Sandra Oh as the woman hunting her. (In my version of the show - episode one! -- Ree tries to kill Sandra Oh for serving "I don't trust 'em" wings at one of her potlucks).  I figure between the heavy cream and butter,  ol' Ree could wrack up a body count twice that of any psycho-killer.

I absolutely love that show. Can't wait for Season 2.

• Love 1
On 10/20/2018 at 4:30 PM, cathy said:

At least her make-up looks more professional.

She's photoshopped to hell and back, in a very not-good way.  She looks as plastic as her Barbie.

Dang, y'all. $45 for about $5 worth of plastic and manufacturing, if that. SO gross.  Barbie has a flowy shirt that she doesn't need. (caveat: I too am a little fat woman who needs flowy shirts, but I own it.)

The bit at the end of Ree's video is Barbie's new mantra: Barbie can be anything - a vet, doctor, lawyer, whatever. Apparently she can be a schlockmeister! 

• Love 3

He I believe is a soap dispenser!! Tasteless!. Today's new show was all sugary deserts. The show should have been called "Diabetes for you"!!  I was just watching P. Allen Smith's show. Boy is he CUTE. He is unfortunately gay. Otherwise he would be the perfect man, handsome, polite, domestic, rich. He cooks so well (so much better than Ree). It is real food, not chocolate, sugar, Crisco, panko thrown together into a mess that your kids are supposed to love. He made small Cornish hens, and explained things so clearly, so well. He made individual apple pies made inside a scooped apple (granny smith). I have never seen that before. And he does not use made up "plots" of fake activities. And what a huge garden. if he wasn't gay and I was available, I would drive down to Arkansas and throw myself at him, and have a beautiful blonde baby or two. His first name is Perriwinkle. I think that is a horrible thing for his parents to do, almost criminal. The kitchen now has their Halloween show on.  Sunny is too loud and course, Katie has a terrible nasally voice. I don't know why Katie is on there, she never had her own show, or restaurant. Now they are making a desert made to look like a single eye. That is a creative thing to bring to a Halloween party.  PBS has cooking shows on Saturdays, Jaques Pepin, Martha Stewart, and P.Allen, a fine Southern Gentleman. Now those are talented cooks, and honest people. Unlike Ree, who has made tens of millions (50 million, I believe) selling a lie, a fantasy of a perfect life. Yesterday I watched Ina Garten. She showed wedding pictures of her and Jeffrey. They were both cute. Now they just look like an elderly jewish couple. And the chemistry between them is real, you can see it. There is not much chemistry between Ree and Ladd. It seems forced, it seems like they are just business partners living together to make money and raise kids. The Marlboro woman always said that their marriage was a business thing, because the ranch needed an infusion of cash to stay afloat. Who knows? Now another "the kitchen" is on. More Halloween party food. 

• Love 1

I just saw people magazine special edition honoring the food network stars. Her fat face is on the cover. She says that "life is an adventure" or some such nonsense. Puke. Her publicist is working overtime. There were 2 of her Thanksgiving recipies included. She also said in the article that she never imagined herself a T.V. star, and just did it thinking why not. What a lie. I won't buy any magazine with her on the cover, so I skimmed it while waiting in line. There are other food network stars in the issue. Who cares really, and who has time to sit down and waste an hour reading carefully contrived bullshit put out by a professional P.R. firm?

https://people.com/food/stars-of-food-network-people-special-edition/ Here is an article about it.

• Love 2