Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers with Speculation

From the preview, Mrs. Martin also seems to have some sort of advance notice that there was a very serious outbreak in the works. Is that because school personnel have been alerted and told to keep the kids in class/safely isolated, because she's a banshee herself and knows about it supernaturally, or what?

(edited)

Maybe Lydia told her mom that she sensed there was something wrong at the school and her mom didn't fully believe Lydia but went to investigate the situation herself. From the promo, it doesn't look like Lydia is inside the school at the time it is quarantined and she's outside telling the Sheriff that she knows somebody is going to die in there. I love the idea of Lydia and the Sheriff teaming up with her mom and his son trapped inside the school.

Maybe this could even be the episode with the Melissa screaming scene from the mid-season promo? If Melissa finds out from Braedan that a large group of werewolves were killed by this sickness and then learns that Scott has been exposed to the infection and she can't get to him that could be why she's screaming. 

This episode looks like it could be really intense! Maybe another 'Motel California' type of episode. Hopefully Lydia will get a chance to be the hero and make up for her failings with Meredith.       

Edited by Yitzhak
(edited)

I'm hoping Meredith was killed, rather than committed suicide. Maybe because that at some point, Lydia has finally grown on me and I hate to see her being guilty and punishing herself.

Edited by FurryFury

From next week's promo it seems that Scott will be faking his death to get closer to the Benefactor. Which makes me think that Melissa's scream (that we were all so worried about) will just be a bit of acting for the hospital staff. Though I do wonder how they are planning to explain Scott's fake death to the hospital staff later on. Maybe the same way they explained Jackson's temporary death, hey? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-n0m-m6K8

I'm getting sick of Liam being the damsel in distress in every single episode he appears in. It's Dawn Summers all over again. Looks like he's in danger in 4x9 also. 

Edited by Yitzhak

From next week's promo it seems that Scott will be faking his death to get closer to the Benefactor. Which makes me think that Melissa's scream (that we were all so worried about) will just be a bit of acting for the hospital staff. Though I do wonder how they are planning to explain Scott's fake death to the hospital staff later on. Maybe the same way they explained Jackson's temporary death, hey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-n0m-m6K8

I'm getting sick of Liam being the damsel in distress in every single episode he appears in. It's Dawn Summers all over again. Looks like he's in danger in 4x9 also.

Is that Noshiko lying on the hospital floor?

Aaaand promo. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qt4qhg-kw

Looks like we have a pyromaniac as the next assassin of the week. Are Stiles and Lydia trapped in a library? A library that's about to be burned to the ground maybe? I predict this will be where super Phoenix!Parrish plays the hero. Also, does Lydia adding Stiles name to the list mean he's the first non-supernatural target of the Benefactor or is this another Banshee thing like Lydia predicting Derek's death?   

• Love 1

There's a new promo out with Lydia saying the line "You killed her". There's also a quick shot of Lydia being injected in the neck with something. So I'm calling it now that the Benefactor is Brunski, the orderly from Eichen House and that he used Meredith (possibly Lydia's grandmother too) to create the Dead Pool code. And that Brunski killed Meredith and made it look like a suicide. I think the only reason Stiles name is being added to the list is because Stiles and Lydia will be the first ones to unmask his identity.   

• Love 1

tumblr_na99blPF7f1rh0crmo9_500.jpg

Check out this still. That's definitely Brunski, right? 

So yeah, I'm guessing Brunski used the Banshees at Eichen House to create the dead pool. Looks like he catches Lydia and Stiles at the library (or wherever they are) when they make the discovery. But again, why is Lydia being left without any supernatural muscle to protect her when she's worth 20 million? Stiles and his bat can only do so much.

If Brunski is the Benefactor then Aaron Hendry must have been thrilled that he got to play the Big Bad two seasons in a row (after also playing the bandaged version of the Nogitsune in 3b).

Hmm.  I see the name Lorraine Martin on that list above Stiles' name.  Could be the maybe-not-dead grandmother?

Yes, I think that must be Grandma Martin. Another observation...this new list doesn't include numbers next to the names. We know the 117 million has already been divided between the first three lists so maybe this is something different to a hit list? A list of people connected to the Benefactor perhaps?

Edited by Yitzhak

But again, why is Lydia being left without any supernatural muscle to protect her when she's worth 20 million? Stiles and his bat can only do so much.

Maybe the characters are thinking her prediction powers will somehow help her avoid danger? If so, they're sadly mistaken, as she tends to zero in on the dangerous people/creatures and make a beeline towards them with no regard for personal safety.

Though even if that weren't the case, it'd be pretty difficult to anticipate attacks from the hired assassins of someone who knows people are going to become supernatural creatures before they actually do. Unless that was Lydia's predictive power at work, and she was including people like Liam who weren't actually known to the Benefactor or on his hit list at the time she "copied" it.

There's a slight finale spoiler in this new article.

http://notanotherteenwolfpodcast.tumblr.com/post/94745391310/dylannews-inside-mtvs-monster-hit-with-dylan

The finale will be set in Mexico and they were filming a fight scene in the church ruins involving six characters, one of whom has a shocking new look. Thoughts? I'm going to guess at the six characters maybe being Scott, Kira, Derek, Malia, Peter and Kate (or maybe Liam will be involved too?) since Stiles and Lydia tend to avoid fight scenes.

So could the Derek becomes a Berserker theory be true after all? Someone else had a theory that Derek will become permanently younger because Tyler Hoechlin is leaving the show. Which I really hope isn't right. I couldn't cope with the stupid de-aged thing for the rest of the series.    

Edited by Yitzhak

Any final Benefactor predictions before tomorrow? I was saying Brunski but I'm backtracking and thinking Brunski's probably just joined the assassins. So I'm back to thinking it's going to be Gerard after all. Yup, Gerard who everyone thought it was from the start.  

I think it's either Brunski or Brunski is working for/with The Benefactor. Gerard is also a good guess (and, jeez, they just need to kill him already). I have a hard time believing he'd put Kate on the list, but he does have the biggest hate-on for Beacon Hills supes.

There's also the theory going around that it's one of the Hales who escaped the fire, perhaps a human one. (Derek said eleven people were trapped in the house. The fire report said 8 people died. Peter lived and Cora escaped, so who's the third?) Why would a Hale go on a tear against all supes, though? Even Peter's not that crazy, and he's whacko. I'd love to see the third Hale show up, though.

I would, too.  Cora showing up out of thin air was ridiculous and never made sense.  Another Hale showing up would probably be thing that would make me quit watching.  

I'm still leaning towards Gerard.  I guess Deucalion could also be a suspect.  Araya is still yet another suspect.  She was way too interested in Lydia's skills as a Banshee.  I can't remember whether or not she knew Lydia was a Banshee before being told.  Either way, testing the skills of someone who could predict death would be a useful way in determining how to price the dead pool.  

Oh, I want them to tie up that missing Hale, but it would be crappy writing if the antagonist for this whole season turned out to be someone we have never heard of. The Benefactor needs to be someone we know about or it'll be a huge WTF.

I kinda doubt we'll ever hear about the Deucalion again. Gerard is far more likely, with both of his children playing a role in the events, even if I still have no idea why the show decided to resurrect Kate and then give her minimum screentime and presence. It would fit the pattern of the writers constantly reusing past big bads, too (starting with Peter).

The only question then would be why Peter is left off the list?

Heh, maybe because it would piss Peter off to know that he's basically worthless enough to not be targeted by the Benefactor?

I just had a fleeting thought that Talia's still alive, faked her death and is the missing Hale. There's been so many mentions of Talia in 3B and now in 4, Peter still doesn't know why Talia took his memories and she's supposed to be this huge role model-esque werewolf who is more powerful than Peter, so if he can bring himself back to life, why can't Talia fake hers? 

I hope the Benefactor isn't Gerard, though. I think the guy should have died with his last words being MOUNTAIN ASH, and been done with it. 

I would love to see more Talia! But I think she actually died in the fire; otherwise Laura would not have become alpha. Sure she could resurrect, but she had to have died for a while.

article about the finale

Claws and Effect
TV Guide Magazine - What’s, Worth, Watching - Teen Wolf

Dios Mio! The horror hit goes south of the border to tie up its season. “We always knew we would start the season, and end it, in Mexico,” says executive producer Jeff Davis, who has come up with a supersize 75-minute climax featuring what he calls an “epic showdown” between Alpha Scott (Tyler Posey) and wannabe top wolf Peter Hale (Ian Bohen).

"Peter doesn’t want to be the bad guy. He wants to be the hero," Davis explains. "He feels like the prince who’s had his crown stolen, so he wants the power rightfully restored back to him. And the best way to get that crown back is to become a hero, not a villain."

Of course, being incapable of actual goodness, Peter has instead struck a secret deal with crazy were-jaguar Kate (Jill Wagner), who has made a run for the border after abducting Scott and his girlfriend, Kira (Arden Cho). What this wicked duo have planned for Scott is as twisted as anything we have seen this season, promises Davis. And if pals Derek (Tyler Hoechlin), Stiles (Dylan O’Brien), and Malia (Shelley Hennig) don’t stop it, no one — human or otherwise — will be left standing by the end of the episode to keep Peter from ascending to Alpha status.

Things are just as dangerous back home. With half of their friends and family on the road, “Lydia (Holland Roden) and Sheriff Stilinski (Linden Ashby) get into their own bit of trouble in Beacon Hills,” says Davis, adding that newbie Mason (Khylin Rhambo) will also get wrapped up into their adventure. “It’s all part of Peter and Kate’s plan. But they get their own moment of heroism.”

What isn’t in the cards for any of the key players however, is romance. “This is more of an action-packed episode that brings a lot of story points together,” says Davis, who has already started plotting out Season 5. “The ending sets new arcs into motion. And there are pieces of this season that will play into next.” Since a big part of the finale involves Kate’s murderous sidekicks, the Berserkers, let’s just hope those “pieces” aren’t body parts. — Damian Holbrook

This bothers me, I don't like how isolated Lydia has been this whole season and now she is basically being left out of the action in the finale. Maybe if they would finally explore her powers after two seasons she could be more beneficial in fight scenes, but stiles is going to be there and he isn't exactly useful in a fight so I don't get it. Maybe her and the sheriff's scenes will be good, but I bet they'll be about five minutes long total.

Edited by Grumpymonkey

So there's some S4 finale/S5 spoilers causing a stir on Tumblr. There doesn't seem to be a source so they may well not be legit, but I'll offer them up for discussion anyway. 

http://stilespidgeon.tumblr.com/post/96011629087/teen-wolf-spoilers-season-5

If this is true then it looks like either Lydia and Derek may be leaving the show at the end of S4. Not necessarily being killed off, but perhaps written out like Jackson or Issac with the potential that they could return at some point? I could see this going either way. In S4 both Lydia and Derek have often been separate from the core pack. I could definitely see Derek riding off into the sunset with Braeden. I'd really hate to lose Lydia now she's finally getting to grips with her powers. 

From the way these spoilers are phrased I get the impression that the main character who "may not appear in S5" isn't the same person as the member of Scott's pack who goes missing. That seems more like a character who'll be found later on in S5. Again - if this is true - I'd guess at either Stiles or Malia being the missing character. Stiles purely because Jeff might need to write around Dylan O'Brien filming 'The Scorch Trials' or Malia if she goes off in search of her mother.  

The spoiler of Brett becoming a main character in S5 sounds plausible enough, since they can develop his rivalry with Liam and possibly make him a love interest for Mason. It is sadly starting to feel like the (still rather vapid) newbies are taking over now. I really think they need to end TW on S5 with Scott & Stiles graduating. 

Edited by Yitzhak

Sorry, I don't have another link for the S5 spoilers! I'll tell you what I remember though... 

- One of the current main characters MAY not appear in S5 (it definitely said 'may' not 'will'). It went onto say that Lydia and Derek are the only two main regulars not confirmed for S5.

- Scott, Stiles, Kira, Malia and Liam will definitely return.

- A member of Scott's pack will go missing at the end of S4 and in S5 Scott will seek help from Dr Vallack to find them.   

- Brett will be a regular character from S5. 

There was more but these were the significant points. There was no source for the spoilers but they are looking more legit since the Doctor character (the guy Deaton spoke to at Eichen House) was introduced and Brett was given a lot more screen-time. 

Edited by Yitzhak

Well, Holland seems to have dropped the bomb that another main cast member may well go the way of Jackson/Issac and be MIA next season. And she seems to be hinting that it's either herself, Hoechlin or Dylan. 

So if the ratings weren't suffering enough, they may be losing another major original fan fave character off-screen. I could see it being any of these three. Holland often seems done with the show in interviews these days. Derek did get a Jackson style death/rebirth and was last seen riding off into the sunset so may simply not return. Dylan may well be absent for at least the first half of S5 due to Maze Runner sequel filming. Who do you think is really going? 

Edited by Yitzhak

They've been heavily building up Lydia/Parrish this season for s5, but I agree that Holland seems the most done with the show. But then s2 ended with Lydia/Jackson true love saved a kanima, building up that relationship, and next thing we knew Jackson was gone. If I were going to bet on someone leaving, it would be Holland. (That would also be why she would be the one throwing out these hints in an interview, and then covering up by talking about the others.) It would be a shame for the Parrish and the Martin family banshees storylines.

Tyler Hoechlin genuinely seems to love the show, he doesn't have a lot going on elsewhere that we know of, and Jeff Davis knows he's a fan favorite. I think he's least likely to go, personally, even if it seems like his storyline is the one most easily written out.

Stiles is central to the story and it would be a huge blow if Jeff lost Dylan. Dylan also seems to be loyal to the show and is very connected to the Tylers from their roommate days. He'd be most likely to have schedule conflicts, but I think Jeff and MTV would work hard to accommodate his shooting schedule, whether it meant when TW shoots or "sending Stiles off to Druid school in the Pacific Northwest" for a few eps, or something.

They've been heavily building up Lydia/Parrish this season for s5, but I agree that Holland seems the most done with the show. But then s2 ended with Lydia/Jackson true love saved a kanima, building up that relationship, and next thing we knew Jackson was gone. If I were going to bet on someone leaving, it would be Holland. (That would also be why she would be the one throwing out these hints in an interview, and then covering up by talking about the others.) It would be a shame for the Parrish and the Martin family banshees storylines.

Doubtful about Holland leaving, right now at least. Crystal left and she's still jobless (right now) and I love Lydia but....Holland's is not the best actress and she also doesn't have much going on outside of TW besides tagging along with her boyf to HBO events (maybe she's trying to jump ship over to The Leftovers.) Besides the parents, the only other of the younger actors that have outside gigs (currently) are Shelley, Dylan, and Meagan Tandy (and that's mostly guest staring gigs). Tyler Posey may start going the MC route after the Teen Choice Awards. Holland made a comment about her enjoying having a steady paycheck and that she was greatful that Jeff took a chance on the short redhead....which makes me think she's been over looked for a few parts based on her aesthetic.

To be honest, I don't think Teen Wolf could afford to lose Holland either. Not right now. Lydia is a fandom favorite

They've lost two of the core six characters the show started with, and while I like both Kira and Malia I don't think either has fully filled the narrative void left by Jackson and Allison. Everyone else that's left is clearly second or third tier (or inanimate scenery like Brett). The departure of any of the big three would hurt the show in a major way, and Dylan leaving would probably kill it outright. Without him you lose the central friendship with the lead character that the show's built around and the main relationships tying Sheriff Stilinski, Malia, and Lydia to Scott's pack.

I really hope it's either Derek leaving, Dylan O'Brien being temporary unavailable or just Holland trying to spook the producers into giving her a raise. I don't want the show to lose Lydia, she's a major part of it. And while I was ecstatic when Jackson left (still am, couldn't stand him), Allison's departure left a really big hole in the show, the hole that Lydia's leaving would only magnify. I love Kira, but it kinda feels like she'd work better in a wholly unconnected story. She just doesn't have any real connection to anybody except Scott, and even her relationship with Scott is pretty shallow.

Edited by FurryFury

I don't want any of them to leave, and Derek is my absolute favorite, but my suspicion would be that Tyler Hoechlin could be the one to go.  His character essentially got a closing arc, and TH left a "thanks for a great season" note along with some cookies for the cast and crew at the end of the season.  No idea whether he does that every season, but the fact that he may have done it this time does make me wonder.  

But it wouldn't surprise me too much if it were Holland leaving, from the way she talks sometimes.  

I doubt Jeff Davis would want to lose any of them.  He took enough backlash over Danny, and the newbies aren't going over well enough to make up for the loss of Allison at all.  If he loses another original he may as well call it a wrap.

If any of them leave, it would probably be Derek i'd guess. Which I wouldn't mind that much, he's hot but there are a lot of hot guys the show can bring in.

Though i'm probably in the minority in that I never much liked Allison from a character or actress standpoint outside of very specific scenes so she was kind of a giant millstone dragging the cast down to me and find Malia/Kira to be a huge improvement over her on pretty much every level.

I'd be disappointed if Holland left, Lydia has been my favorite since season 2, though I don't see it as too likely given she openly acknowledges her disadvantages in finding gigs as a actor. I'd be really surprised if Dylan O'Brian left, since he's so enthusiastic about the show and it leaves him plenty of time to pursue other projects(and from a career perspective, he needs something to keep him in work until he ages out of teen roles to adult roles)..

I think if Holland is referring to Dylan then it'll be a matter of Stiles being missing from a few episodes, not leaving the show. There was a recent Maze Runner Q&A where Dylan confirmed he was filming the sequel in autumn/winter and when a fan asked if he would still be doing TW he said yes but they were still trying to make the scheduling work. So if that rumor about one of the pack being missing at the start of S5 is true then that could be Stiles due to the overlap.

I agree that Scott and Stiles are the essential duo of the show. I think Jeff would plan to end the show if he lost either of them. Losing Lydia or Derek would be a big blow too though. I'd say both characters are a lot more popular than Allison and Jackson were. I'd be a little surprised at either Hoechlin or Holland wanting to leave because as others have noted they don't seem to have much other work. But yeah, neither did Crystal. But Hoechlin in particular still seems really positive about the show and both of them do a lot of cons. Holland sounded pretty serious about someone leaving though. And remember that she was the one who spilled the beans on there being no Danny in S4.

Derek is the one they could most easily lose from the story. He's no longer that relevant to the plot and they've got rid of all his man pain baggage too, so what else is there to do with him? That said, one of the writers said they are planning for Braeden to still play a part in S5 and Derek has been her main reason for sticking around. Maybe if Hoechlin leaves then Derek can be played by the dog from now on? I think I'd actually love a dog!Derek in the pack.

*sigh* I'm worried it's Holland jumping ship.    

Edited by Yitzhak

But yeah, neither did Crystal.

From what I gather a lot of Crystal's issue with staying on as Allison was playing 16 at 29. Though honestly her look is so youthful i'm not really sure there are a lot of roles for her outside of the teen character set.

They also have the option of teen Derek, since apparently Derek can be de-aged quite easily for no apparent reason.  

I feel bad for Holland because TPTB seem to have done all they could to drive her from the show.  Her material is wretched and she was nearly unnecessary this entire season.  She can't even accurately predict death anymore.  

• Love 1

Hah!  You know I hate you for that, right?  (Just kidding, you're a dear. :)  )

Sorry! Seriously though, even if Hoechlin doesn't leave I'd love there to be lots of dog!Derek scenes in S5. There needs to be at least one scene of Scott and Stiles going for a walk in the woods with dog!Derek. 

• Love 1