Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E16: Falling Slowly

And here I was asking "why didn't Carol ask Mike, since Miller DNA could be in that baby?" It turns out yeah, it didn't cross Tandy's mind until Mike brought it up. Tandy watching Carol & Mike, um, consummate in their sex pajamas was the most cringeworthy thing I've seen in this show. ESPECIALLY since the others were able to hear it. I'm with them. Hell, that was the best part of the episode.

I find something funny in Carol being the only woman Todd DIDN'T get with. Literally dumped at the altar in favor of Mike.

Next Week:

Drone outta nowhere! Now I'm interested!

Loved the Falling Slowly duet, or rather duets, and the joke about the song being from the movie "Once." 

Carol gets a baby! Love that. Also glad Tandy told her he loves her before finding out the pregnancy news. She deserved that after how much she's stuck by him. Mike is a great guy. A really, really great guy to put up with all of that. I wonder though if he'll use the divorce as leverage against Tandy in the future or if that will quickly be taken care of.

This episode was hilarious and uncomfortable and totally original. I'm not sure what I watched but I laughed way too much.

• Love 2

I felt true happiness when it was revealed that Carol was pregnant with Tandy's seed. This is such an original, darling little show.

When the drone found Gail, I was waiting for a laser beam to fry her or something.

Why does Carol make everything with raisins? There's gotta be flour and stuff around, you can make an actual cake. Did I miss something?

There's no eggs.
  • Love 1

Man, that was just creepy and stupid all at the same time with Tandy, Mike and Carol and the picnic-themed baby-making session.

And the whole wedding thing was equally stupid too -- all the massive swans on the beach and chairs for about 60 people, with reserved signs on the front row of the chairs. FFS !  There are 7 of them.

Gail: "I don't know that I like living here anymore".

Truer words have never been said on this show.

Really Carol -- you are too stupid to tell the difference between an ovulation test and a pregnancy test.  It's on the box, for starters.

Tandy -- seriously, enough with the stupid half-beard.  It's still not funny.

Still no sign of the cow -- I'm pretty sure it took its own life having to live with these people.

I suspect Carol's child is New Phil's, not Tandy's.

• Love 1

I am getting tired of Tandy and his antics.  Boring!  They need to let some people out of bunkers or something.  It is so depressing to think they are going to have kids and not have food.  It is just too depressing now.

• Love 1

I like how Carol and Tandy have gone from adversaries to a really good couple who listens to each other, so I enjoyed the episode a great deal.

I think next week is someone from NASA coming to take Mike somewhere...else? I don't think Sudeikis is supposed to stay on this show that long.

• Love 1

I loved this. So bizarre and crazy and original, just like Dots and Stripes said. 

I love the song 'Falling Slowly,' and the movie Once. Mike and Phil singing it over and over was just great.

Carol's drawing was cute and funny -- The baby Todd being brought by the stork. Awww.

Loved the scene when Phil is going over the pros and cons of having Todd father their baby. For the cons he was always walking with his bearded face to us, and then for the pros he'd turn so we'd see his shaved face. It was just a cute little joke.

I think Carol set up a beautiful wedding. Of course she would think it wasn't a big to-do. Her bouquet with the butterflies sticking out of it was kinda cute.

I was actually surprised -- a good thing -- at Todd's reaction to being asked to step aside for Mike. So funny when he sits down at the wedding and says, "Friggin' ridiculous." His angry dancing at the reception was weird and perfect.

But the best, weirdest part of the ep was the sex scene. Love how Phil and Carol both understand the picnic foreplay talk, and then how Mike seems to get the hang of it. Truly weird when Phil and Carol kiss while Carol is straddling Mike.

I really did tear up when Carol learned she was pregnant. 

Gale was cracking me up thruout. Moving the clock hands so it was the appropriate time to drink, then lounging outside with that straw contraption getting the wine from her glass to her mouth. That drone! Interesting development.

Carol: It's a raisin-ball cake. Can you taste the mustard?

Edited by peeayebee

Tandy -- seriously, enough with the stupid half-beard.  It's still not funny.

I definitely agree. It's hard enough looking at Grizzly Adams Will Forte for a half hour, but with half his head and face shaved it's downright disturbing. By now you'd think the rest of them would have held him down and shaved the other half of his head because they can't stand looking at him anymore. Plus the joke's over - he and Mike made up. No reason to maintain this look to make any kind of point.

Edited by iMonrey

^I would think he will shave the half next ep, 

he is of the writers, I thought he used that half/half for this:

Loved the scene when Phil is going over the pros and cons of having Todd father their baby. For the cons he was always walking with his bearded face to us, and then for the pros he'd turn so we'd see his shaved face. It was just a cute little joke.

Ooops. Spoke to soon. Todd did shave off his mustache.

I loved the end of the episode. Started to well up. They've been trying to get pregnant for over  a year now. This is always happy news. :)