Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Kill 'Em All

With Bonnie’s life at stake and an uphill battle ahead of them, Damon and Enzo lead the charge to save Bonnie before her condition worsens. Stefan reluctantly teams up with Matt for the sake of Bonnie and uncovers the truth behind Matt’s anger towards him. Elsewhere, determined to help her best friend, Caroline joins Alaric on a mission and quickly realizes how much she’s missed her former supernatural lifestyle. Finally, after their plan takes an unexpected turn, Damon makes a fateful decision that will forever change his relationship with Bonnie.

Of course Stefan was being a martyr for killer Matt. While Damon is claiming to be one for Enzo.

I really liked Alaric and Caroline's relationship and them working together. Loved their conversation at the end too about their weird family, but doing it together. I felt for Alaric when he talked about his last wedding and not wanting to pick out a tie if she wanted Stefan. Marry him Caroline!

• Love 4

Poor Bonnie, witch to ghost to anchor to witch to huntress I mean Jesus Christ. Now I guess Bamon will be irreparably damaged and I guess this explains why Enzo's shirt looked like it had been clawed at in the promo pics. Who's going to be strong enough to stop her from killing all of them? Rayna sure got the last laugh here. Can't say I blame her although Bonnie never did anything to her and her quarrel was more with the Salvatore brothers than anyone else.

• Love 2

So, is Bonnie a Witch/Huntress?  If she is, she is one powerful BAMF.  If she hurts or kills one of her friends though, she will never be the same.  Why did it have to go this route?  WTF happened?  I guess Bamon is off the table for the foreseeable future.

The preview for next week sounded as though she is still close to dying.  I thought Rayna's last life was supposed to save Bonnie.

1 minute ago, bobbysgurl said:

So, is Bonnie a Witch/Huntress?  If she is, she is one powerful BAMF.  If she hurts or kills one of her friends though, she will never be the same.  Why did it have to go this route?  WTF happened?  I guess Bamon is off the table for the foreseeable future.

The preview for next week sounded as though she is still close to dying.  I thought Rayna's last life was supposed to save Bonnie.

Where's the promo for next week?

Considering Rayna is a huntress why would Damon think that transferring Rayna's last life to Bonnie would be so simple, it has been seven seasons now you would think the characters would have some idea by now it is never that easy especially when it comes to magic, there will probably be repercussions. 

Edited by roses

I didn't see that twist coming so props to the show for that. Rayna really did get the last laugh. Poor Bonnie though. Lots of angst for her and Enzo coming up. I'm guessing becoming a huntress immune to magic will cut Bonnie off from her magic. She'd be far too powerful as both a huntress/witch for any of the vamps on this show to stop. I'm down with seeing Bonnie kick some butt without the need for spells. 

Caroline's conversation with Alaric at the end was really good. I hope we get a few flashbacks for them.

The Matt/Stefan stuff dragged an otherwise good episode down and I say this as a huge Matt fan. I hated when he still blamed Stefan after he found out what really happened. I was on his side with wanting the vampires out of MF but to ban Stefan from ever setting foot there was a bit much. Maybe he and Penny should have been a bit more careful playing vampire hunter? Her death was his and her fault entirely. His story this season has been dreadful. Hopefully they can find something better for him next season. He's at his best around his friends so I think being removed from Caroline and Bonnie for most of this season hasn't helped. 

Whatever is in the vault doesn't seem that ominous. And Alex is an idiot. Clearly she knows the same history about that ancestor that her sister does so she knows something bad is in there and still wants to open it? 

• Love 1

Another Great episode.

Did anyone notice the change in Bonnie's expression after she unsealed the vault? So maybe she will be more than the witch/Huntress. They do have an episode called "Gods" & monsters. Might be a alluding to something.

Edited by Cocidius

Stefan, Matt, and Penny = dull. I did like Matt's proposal to Penny, that was sweetly acted.

Caroline and Alaric being honest with each other was nice to see. I am so tired of people in relationships of proximity being delusional about where they stand.

Despite his plan to save Bonnie going pear-shaped, I like Damon being no holds barred when it comes to Bonnie staying alive.

I've seen too many Bonnie as the new Huntress theories to have been surprised, but what did surprise me was Rayna actively planning for it out of revenge. Props, show, I didn't see that coming.

And speaking of cold-blooded ruthlessness I didn't see coming: Damn, Bonnie! She condemned everybody in the Armory to a horrible death to keep the First Evil from getting out. Bonnie. Does. Not. Play.

• Love 3

These people are to stupid to live.  Stefan should have left Damon in the coffin.

At least Bonnie got to be a bad ass witch and lock the armory idiots in with the evil they unleashed.

Damon's had the same conversation with Stefan that he had with Enzo.  Damon is fine with being hated so long as it keeps someone he cares about alive.

What started the latest chain of idiotic events was Matt accidentally killing Penny, and Stefan compelling Matt to forget.  Matt freed Rayna from the armory, Enzo gave Bonnie the poison pills (trying to protect her, not knowing they would kill her), but somehow this is all still Damon's fault?  {Rolls Eyes}

I'm fine with blaming Damon for being stupid enough to think he could make a deal with Alex, the Armory or Rayna, and not considering all the ways in which they could double cross him, but the rest of this group played their part in this mess, and it's time they realized it.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

These people are to stupid to live.  Stefan should have left Damon in the coffin.

At least Bonnie got to be a bad ass witch and lock the armory idiots in with the evil they unleashed.

Damon's had the same conversation with Stefan that he had with Enzo.  Damon is fine with being hated so long as it keeps someone he cares about alive.

What started the latest chain of idiotic events was Matt accidentally killing Penny, and Stefan compelling Matt to forget.  Matt freed Rayna from the armory, Enzo gave Bonnie the poison pills (trying to protect her, not knowing they would kill her), but somehow this is all still Damon's fault?  {Rolls Eyes}

I'm fine with blaming Damon for being stupid enough to think he could make a deal with Alex, the Armory or Rayna, and not considering all the ways in which they could double cross him, but the rest of this group played their part in this mess, and it's time they realized it.

I agree with this everyone in a way is to blame for what happened and its all because they don't think, they get an idea and never think about the possible consequences.

Also I was so confused about Damon suddenly trusting Alex when just last ep he was also on board the "Alex is not trustworthy" train.

Why would Alex think her sister would still be alive? I am guessing she knew the vault history so what was she thinking?

Random note. Do all the vampires who escaped from the stone have daylight rings? Or has no one from the show thought about how many vamps they've killed in broad daylight? 

Edited by MissL
  • Love 5

Matt and his girlfriend both had a grisly death coming for being cops that shot first and asked questions later. Holy shit did Matt live up the incompetence that Damon always teased him about. I cannot feel sorry for him or Penny.  First, she did an unwarranted search on the car of a stranger in a cemetery leaving flowers at the former sheriff's grave. After that, she decided that his suspected vampirism was enough to overcome his complete lack of violence, his completely innocuous appearance in a deserted place, and fired at him. Then Matt, who somehow has made it to Sargent, thinks that not hearing back from her immediately over the radio was grounds to shoot at the first sound he heard? After two years of no vampires in Mystic Falls? TERRIBLE COPPERY.

One thing that confused me deeply was the fact that Damon actually made good on his offer of turning Bonnie over to the Armory in exchange for his help. Actually I was more surprised that it seemed he intended to do so even before Alaric and Caroline got kidnapped. I totally thought, "Dude, excellent strategical lying" when he made that call.

I hope someone springs Victoria from the loony bin now that she's been proven extremely right. Is any of this Thing In The Basement supposed to explain Enzo ending up in a workhouse? Because we still have gotten no explanation there.

• Love 3

I'm enjoying the Damon, Bonnie, and Enzo scenes, but I'm tired of the writers making all the characters idiots in order to move the plot along.  It is also annoying that 99% of the time Bonnie only gets to be a powerful witch when she is being blackmailed or threatened by someone.

• Love 4

No, just no. I want this stupid vampire hunter plot over, not continued with Bonnie. PLEASE, can we please just have life in Mystic Falls back already?

• Love 1

Points to Enzo for being completely logical last week when he told Alex that unless the vault had a well stocked pantry, Yvette was dead. It turns out he was right after all.

When Alex told Bonnie she could go, I was like giiiiiirl, seal that vault back up as soon as Alex walks inside! So I was glad that she ended up sealing the entire Armory. I know Alaric will probably be heartbroken when he realizes that the treasure trove of Indiana Jones worthy stuff is untouchable, but thank goodness that Bonnie didn't just run for it and let whatever was in the vault become the next Big Bad. Of course, now she's the new Big Bad (at least until the end of the season).

While I am glad that Caroline and Alaric had a somewhat honest conversation about their unusual family situation, I wish that one of them had addressed what Stefan brought up last week - namely that Alaric and Caroline are clearly not having sex. The impression I have of their relationship is that they both love the twins and that is Caroline's main motivation for getting married so that she can be their mom. Meanwhile Alaric seems like he's in love with Caroline but she just sees him as the nice guy who comes with the kids. I think she loves him, but in a platonic BFF kind of way. So once they get married, are they going to keep sleeping in separate bedrooms? I mean, I'm not judging. People get married for all kinds of reasons so if this works for them, great. But it just seems a bit cruel for Caroline to marry Alaric if she knows that he has romantic feelings for her and she doesn't feel the same way.

Oh, Matt. Remember when Matt was sweet little Pudding Pop back in S1? Now look at him. I can understand why he jumped to the conclusion that Stefan was involved with Penny's death (even though he should have known that non-ripper Stefan wouldn't intentionally kill a human, especially one who was important to Matt). But once he learned what really happened, he had the audacity to still blame Stefan for Penny's death because he just shouldn't have been in Mystic Falls? FFS.

How many times do we have to hear Damon give the "I do the things that no one else has the sack to do" speech? I mean, it's true and we've seen time and again that he is willing to be hated by Elena, Stefan, and now Bonnie as long as it means they're still alive, but I feel like the writers are just copying and pasting the same speech for him.

I'm not at all surprised that Rayna planned to screw Damon with her life switcheroo. And who will fix Bonnie's new hunter problem? Bonnie is their go-to magic person so obviously it won't be her. Alaric is the only non-vampire of the group now so is he going figure out a way to de-hunter-fy Bonnie (I'm assuming the vampires in the group will be too busy trying not to get killed)? Can the twins siphon the hunter part away from Bonnie? We know Matt sure as hell isn't going to help turn Bonnie back into a regular non-hunter human. I guess Stefan could call Valerie and see if she can figure out a magical way to cure Bonnie of being a hunter, but Stefan being the noble martyr that he is will probably decide that it's not worth putting Valerie in danger by having her anywhere near Bonnie the Hunter.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MissL said:

Random. One. Do all the vampires who escaped from the stone have daylight rings? Or has no one from the show thought about how many vamps they've killed in broad daylight? 

At this point I'm not surprised that the writers don't care, they haven't cared about being consistent with their own mythology for a long long time now, for instance Penny should be a vampire after having died with vampire blood in her system, but she's not. Besides, daylight rings seem to be everywhere now, I'm not in the least surprised every vampire in the entire TVD universe has one.

On 4/29/2016 at 10:38 PM, slayer2 said:

Poor Bonnie, witch to ghost to anchor to witch to huntress I mean Jesus Christ.

She just needs to somehow become a Hybrid/Siphoner and she can collect the whole set! Come on Bonnie! You can do it!

8 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

Matt and his girlfriend both had a grisly death coming for being cops that shot first and asked questions later. Holy shit did Matt live up the incompetence that Damon always teased him about. I cannot feel sorry for him or Penny.  First, she did an unwarranted search on the car of a stranger in a cemetery leaving flowers at the former sheriff's grave. After that, she decided that his suspected vampirism was enough to overcome his complete lack of violence, his completely innocuous appearance in a deserted place, and fired at him. Then Matt, who somehow has made it to Sargent, thinks that not hearing back from her immediately over the radio was grounds to shoot at the first sound he heard? After two years of no vampires in Mystic Falls? TERRIBLE COPPERY.

One thing that confused me deeply was the fact that Damon actually made good on his offer of turning Bonnie over to the Armory in exchange for his help. Actually I was more surprised that it seemed he intended to do so even before Alaric and Caroline got kidnapped. I totally thought, "Dude, excellent strategical lying" when he made that call.

Most of the problems on this show are caused by the standard operating procedure of the Mystic Falls gang, that being having a problem and then jumping on the very first thing that looks like it just might solve that problem even when they weren't under a time crunch like they were the last couple episodes, without ever thinking about all the potential problems that solution could cause or even ATTEMPTING to find themselves multiple options, which means they end up having to find another solution to jump on just as recklessly, repeat ad infinitum. These people cause so much carnage in their wake as a result of this they've ended up the real villains of this show, despite how the narrative still keeps trying to pass most of them off as the good guys.

18 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Oh, Matt. Remember when Matt was sweet little Pudding Pop back in S1? Now look at him. I can understand why he jumped to the conclusion that Stefan was involved with Penny's death (even though he should have known that non-ripper Stefan wouldn't intentionally kill a human, especially one who was important to Matt). But once he learned what really happened, he had the audacity to still blame Stefan for Penny's death because he just shouldn't have been in Mystic Falls? FFS.

Of course. Nobody on the Mystic Falls gang has ever been willing to accept responsibility for ANY of their words or actions, everything is the fault of everybody else but them and Matt is no different.

My favorite line in the episode is Caroline pointing out to Alaric that they were NEVER going to be a normal family no matter what they tried to do and it was time to accept that. It's about time someone stated the obvious already.

• Love 1

That's right kill 'em all---the people who wrote this episode in fact the whole season 7 that is...no, make that seasons 5,6,7. Horrible writing, directionless plots ought not be the crowning glory for any TV series, let alone a series that had such promise. I ought not to be more excited to put dirty clothes in my new washer than   watching a 'riveting' episode of TVD. It's just seems that pride in strong work should be a goal for these folks who call themselves professional writers. And yet I have concluded that what has been demonstrated for the last several seasons is anything but. This particular season has been a hodgepodge of action with no emotional content.  

For one thing, the 'big bad' has been teased to be the Heretics, Julian, Rayna and the Armory, and all have come and gone into some black hole. I believe that that's part of the problem with this ill-conceived season. Every plot, every arc was vague and poorly developed. Characters came and went through the turn-style of gitchi, gitchi ya ya non-development and I cared not one iota for them.
However now, seems the big bad or the bad ass will be none other than Bonnie Bennett. Imagine that; and although the idea of Bonnie socking it to these 'friends' that have taken her for granted all these years seems appropriate, it's just that...well I want her to be happy. I wanted her to have a full life--a life of her own where she chooses her, dammit. The thing is she has always had the potential for being something more than the sacrificial lamb; and for the past two seasons it seemed, at times, that that vision of mine was about to come to fruition, what with Bonnie seeming to have a more prominent role in the series (although for the life of me I have been annoyed that her powers have never increased and consistently applied). Now, she is about to become a vampire slayer--the antithesis of the person she was with the intent to destroy her friends instead of 'saving' 'em. Had I not been weary, I'd appreciate the irony in all this more gleefully than I do now.

There had to be a twist of course, when Rayna decided to give up her life for Bonnie; after all she made an agreement with no assurance to the very person that tortured her. There should have been a "danger Will Robinson" nagging voice in Damon's head as the deal was made. When it came right down to it, Rayna was as clever as Damon and Enzo were gullible. She accomplished her goal (destroying vampires) with no physical effort on her part and gave them the middle finger in her death by assuring that her 'work' would continue. And continue it will with a character I actually have some emotional investment in. The Scooby gang will want to save themselves of course and her in the bargain. And like Jer and Alaric before him, it's highly unlikely that any of her vampire friends will be killed. But maybe Matt can get between a crossbow and Enzo? I'm on mah kneeze beggin' pleeze.

"There's that strain again. It had a dying fall". This week, once again the endless 'why everybody hates Damon' trope tape played. Stop. "Enough. no more. 'Tis not so sweet as it was before"; and he's not even my favorite character! It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world y'all. Bonnie's mad at Damon; Enzo's mad at Damon; Stefan's mad at Damon; Caroline's mad at Stefan; Matt's mad at Stefan; Alaric's mad at Stefan and I'm mad that I needed a new washer. The madness will continue for sure what with hunter Bonnie on the loose and will give everyone more fodder to be mad at Damon.

Alaric and Caroline...um... well...er. Did you know that at 13,528 ft, Kings Peak is the highest point in Utah? Yep. I should say something, right? Okay...this couple is doomed of course. He (with twins in tow) will go on to traveling and seeking valuable artifacts, with whom he seems more intimately attached to than Caroline, and she get back with Stefan to continue their boring association. Nope, not a fan of Steroline.

Matt and Stefan. *sigh*. Matt has had tragedy and losses in his life before. His sister's life and death comes to mind. He was abandoned by his mother and has witnessed his friends Caroline and Elena's troubles etc. Yet it's Penny's so-called tragic death that has pushed him over the edge so that he would betray his friends and Stefan in particular. This is a tragedy? No, it's a travesty. I suppose there's always 'the last straw' in emotional turmoil...but...Penny was a non-essential character whom I knew nothing about, had no emotional attachment to and cared less for. Matt continues to hate/blame Stefan for what turned out to be 'friendly fire' accident--committed by him. And Matt's .."if you hadn't been in town" (as if MF wasn't Stefan's home way before Matt was a conception) is just more pasturage. Additionally his assignment of blame says more about character's lack of accountability issues.

Two more episodes to go. I can wait--hardly...

• Love 2

I forgot to mention - MM did an excellent job showing Enzo being in love with Bonnie, and frantic and upset about Bonnie dying.  It's to bad the writers couldn't put as much effort into showing how their relationship developed.  I'm looking forward to more scenes with Damon, Bonnie, and Enzo.  However, the Bonnie has to hide from the Armory, and needs saving SL was made even more ridiculous by Bonnie having the ability to seal the Armory and the First Evil in the building so no one could get out, but she couldn't defend herself for three years before that.

• Love 3

This. ^^ @TigerLynx

It's pathetic, as much as I have enjoyed the benzo chemistry you have to wonder why neither of them thought of doing this before. I mean how hard could it be to lure the Armory into one place to  do this kind of spell? This isn't Bonnie's first rodeo but suddenly she is an Elena type damsel in distress that needs two vamps to save her life.

I want to like Caroline and Alaric, they have decent chemistry and now three years of history but they just don't seem to be IN love with each other. Caroline still loves Stefan (if she didn't, she wouldn't still be so pissed at him) and Alaric just seems to be in love with having the family. They're not having sex, have they really both been celibate for three years or have they been getting their yayas somewhere else? I'm guessing the former, since the conversation about the other vamps' constant mind blowing sex was loaded with "I haven't had that in years" tension.

Also, the fact that he used to be her high school teacher is a bit too Pretty Little Liars for me. Can you imagine that high school reunion -- that may not have enough people left alive from the class to bother organizing but still…

• Love 1

I get why some feel the "Ick" factor with Caroline and Alaric, but I however don't really. I get the high-school teacher/student thing would and should be considered bad form but really? in this show where teenagers are being wooed left and right by vampires that are decades older and in the case of Klaroline centuries older??  Especially since Ric was never your typical high school teacher to these people, he was always one of the gang who fought side by side with them, and who admitted that he needed them (Elena and Jer especially) as much they needed him.

I like the bond between Alaric and Caroline, it has roots in their past, however the pregnancy thing just never really resonated with me tbh. That whole story should never have made it past the writers' story board sessions.

We all know this status quo isn't going to last, but so far despite the lack of romance in this relationship, it does have a sense of honesty to it that I liked. These two seem to know each other pretty well and seem comfortable in each others company. Caroline had some great one liners in this episode and for the first time in ages I enjoyed her screen time, so I will enjoy it while it lasts until Steroline rears it's ugly head and sucks all of her awesomeness away again.

• Love 5

I don't mind Caroline and Ric. I think they have decent chemistry, plus he and the girls are mortal so they will only live a normal lifespan. If Stefan REALLY loves Caroline, which I don't buy anyway, he would do what Damon is doing for Bonnie. Give up his love for 60ish years then reconnect with her. I mean they both live forever right? What's 60ish years to him.

• Love 1