Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: We All Fall Down

• Start Topic

the wife was suffering from cancer.

Well no......

• Mom has MS; she's most likely the inaugural plot in the family's own personal Boot Hill.

As for her diagnosis, MS can be a terrible disease but it's usually not a FAST disease.

Yes, MS is a shitty mean as disease, I have it and it sucks beyond the telling of it. Sometimes everything is pretty normal and then all of a sudden BOOM blind on one eye! OK get used to that, some vision returns, things settle back down then BOOM horrible pain crushing the side of your chest, is it a heart attack? No, it's just the disease giving you a nice hug. I hate it but you know what, at least I have gabapentin and that keeps the worst of it at bay. If the za hit and even if I was lucky enough to get a huge stash of the stuff I would still just end up killing myself before I even ran out. I feel pretty hopeless about it anyway so if the dead were walking around trying to eat me PLUS this fucking disease, fuck it man, I would check out quick. Anyway, I thought it was interesting to have a character suffering from a disease like this in that situation. Sort of like the lady with diabetes in TWD although insulin needs to be refrigerated and gabapentin does not. Thos pills Nick found were bright yellow just like my gaba so I thought that was what he found but then he's all like "it's poison!"......I dont know but I dont think poison comes in pills like that.

• Love 5

I found myself wondering whether they had a warehouse filled with candles.

Maybe they ordered them from Terminus.com Mary's signature collection before the zombie apocalypse hit.

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 9
Yes, MS is a shitty mean as disease, I have it and it sucks beyond the telling of it. Sometimes everything is pretty normal and then all of a sudden BOOM blind on one eye! OK get used to that, some vision returns, things settle back down then BOOM horrible pain crushing the side of your chest, is it a heart attack? No, it's just the disease giving you a nice hug. I hate it but you know what, at least I have gabapentin and that keeps the worst of it at bay. If the za hit and even if I was lucky enough to get a huge stash of the stuff I would still just end up killing myself before I even ran out. I feel pretty hopeless about it anyway so if the dead were walking around trying to eat me PLUS this fucking disease, fuck it man, I would check out quick. Anyway, I thought it was interesting to have a character suffering from a disease like this in that situation. Sort of like the lady with diabetes in TWD although insulin needs to be refrigerated and gabapentin does not. Thos pills Nick found were bright yellow just like my gaba so I thought that was what he found but then he's all like "it's poison!"......I dont know but I dont think poison comes in pills like that.

Damn, sorry to hear it :(

My aunt has it and so did my grandfather.  My folks kept it from my brother and me until they figured we were likely past the age to first exhibit symptoms.

• Love 1

So does Nick appreciate the fact that he's the reason things went off the rails? Or is he using some kind of addict coping/blame shifting mechanism to keep his teen conscience unburdened?

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

Damn, sorry to hear it :(

My aunt has it and so did my grandfather.  My folks kept it from my brother and me until they figured we were likely past the age to first exhibit symptoms.

I was 46 when I first saw a neurologist for all these "strange sensations" in my right foot that had been happening for about 3 months. I'll be having my 50th birthday this year.

I was 46 when I first saw a neurologist for all these "strange sensations" in my right foot that had been happening for about 3 months. I'll be having my 50th birthday this year.

Yeah, I've since learned that I'm not out of the woods (I'm 48) but in our family it tends to surface earlier.

I was diagnosed with remitting-relapsing MS when I was in my early thirties. My symptoms started in my left leg - numbness mainly which lead to a noticeable drag in my leg when I walked. Half the time I'd be walking along completely unable to feel anything below my left knee. My fingers were affected too by Reynaud's Syndrome. I went into remission a few years ago but my fingers never regained full sensation and the Reynaud's likes cold, damp days so I still see that from time to time. This is the longest remission I've had.

• Love 1

I have to admit that I'm hanging in with this show because I'm hoping that Strand IS heading to Mexico.  And in the ultimate 'ripped from the headlines' plot twist, it turns out that Mexico is infection-free and the Mexican government has not only sealed the borders but are building a fence to keep all those poxy Americans out, forcing the Ship of Fools to wander aimlessly about trying to find a way in.

This was my theory for Revolution (the one where all electrical/battery power stopped working). I thought it would be hilarious if it had actually only happened in the U.S.A., and all the countries just said "nah" and kept on with themselves.

• Love 6

The Sunday Cable Ratings are in for "We All Fall Down":

"Fear the Walking Dead" remained Sunday's No. 1 cable show (and beat everything on broadcast to boot), but its numbers were down from the Season 2 premiere on April 10.

The show drew a 2.5 rating in adults 18-49, down 0.6 (19 percent) vs. the previous week. Its viewer count dropped from 6.674 million to 5.581 million.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/04/19/sunday-cable-ratings-april-17-2016/

• Love 2

I finally get why FTWD doesn't work for me. There is lack of tension and fear. I just don't feel like the world is collapsing around these characters because they are so calm and most human beings are not that calm when their lives are uprooted. Travis finds out most of the west coast and country has been bombed and unable to communicate and he barely reacts. He tells Madison and she doesn't blink an eye. Where is the fear and dread of the unknown future? Don't they have family or friends elsewhere that they are worried about? When 9/11 happened, I was panicked when the phones went down and I couldn't contact close friends who worked in Manhattan. It doesn't help that the characters are all related. I just don't buy that any of them are in jeopardy of being killed except for Daniel's daughter who barely gets any dialogue or Strand who isn't related to anyone.

I complained last season that "Fear the Walking Dead" should have some........oh, I dunno.......actual FEAR!

Instead we got "Days of our Walking Dead"

I will never forget the episode when they first saw the drug dealer and Nick ran him over with the truck. Maddie and Travis just stood there like, "Well.. that was weird. Let's go home and have dinner."

Me?  I'd be going, "What the fuck are you doing you just ran over your friend and he's getting back up again? FUCK! FUCK! What the fucking fuck is going on! Holy shit! You're running him over? Oh my shit fuck!"

But ya know...FEAR

• Love 11

I can't believe this show was renewed for a third season.

Considering the state of TV ratings this year alone are you really that surprised that AMC has renewed it? Also, as ghoulina has pointed out, this forum seems to be harsher in its criticism of this show compared to the general public.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 1

I can too but I think if this season doesnt start bringing the gore and action, next season will be the last (unless it brings gore, action and sex)

I think that's probably right. The highest rated show in its time slot will certainly get renewed but if the ratings continue to slip ...

It's weird; I keep watching the show while hoping other people stop watching because I think it deserves to fail because of how poorly it seems to understand its own characters and the constraints of the world it created.  But there are also elements that point to the better show that's hiding inside it -- the final two scenes with the family this week were genuinely emotional (just ignore the supposed motivations and actions of the "main" characters); having to pass by the boat last week; the daughter's acting during her conversations over the radio; Nick suddenly becoming charming when he interacts with children but sliding back into stealing drugs behavior; Daniel's face after he turns his back on the son putting down his mom; ...   (last season is harder but I'd say Maddie's reaction in the bathroom after having to put down the principal; Maddie beating up Nick; Travis taking out the trash; the teens partying in the abandoned house; and some of the riot scene) 

I guess what I'm saying is that there are moments in this show that make the rest of it so much more frustrating. On a show like this where the premise is inherently absurd, you have to work really hard to keep the characters consistent and relatable and keep the plot believable and these guys just don't second guess themselves enough.

Edited by rab01

This episode and well, let's face it, the series just isn't working for me.  I haven't been able to connect this season, like the first, because I don't care about any of the characters.  AMC has done to this show what they wanted to do with TWD.  Remember when, after the first season of WD broke all kinds of ratings records, they cut the budget and wanted to know why we couldn't just hear the zombies instead of actually seeing them.  That's what's happening here.  We hear about things that are happening but don't really see it.  It's very obvious they don't have much of a budget.

I gave it 2 episodes but I'm out again.

I can. I've found that the opinions expressed here are very high brow compared the to the public at large.

I'm sure it says something unflattering about me that I'm still watching and my 13 yr old stopped because he can't stand most of the characters.

Side note: having Talking Dead on in the background and 1) you know they're having problems filling up time if Chris Hardwick isn't talking about the episode, but is actually spending time asking Lyndie Greenwood about what happened in Sleepy Hollow and 2) I would so watch Lou Diamond Phillips on this show.  Hell, just have him play himself.  I could buy Lou surviving a zombie apocalypse.

LDP was on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!  Pretty much the same thing as surviving the ZA, when you think about it.

Heh- the AMC version of Bill Murray and Zombieland.

Re: people saying why would the dad choose pills as a way to opt the family out instead of brain trauma to stop them turning, I really think some people wouldn't care what happened to them after they are dead. Most 'normal' wouldn't want to see their relatives/friends turned but if they are all dying together, it won't affect them. This would particularly make sense in this instance since he feels it is Mother Nature doing a course correct.

Well, we also need to remember that it wasn't until season 2 that all of CDB found out that "we're all infected". It's quite possible that the dad and his family hadn't yet realized that ANY death results in reanimation, not just death by zombie. Of course, after what happened to the daughter, they know now. 

This this this. From the island fam's perspective, zombie-hood is transmitted by bite or injury, not by cynanide pill. Consequently, I feel confident that George wasn't trying to put- or was numb to putting his family through the horror of walker-dom, rather, he was trying to possibly spare them the agony of famine, disease, peril, etc. He was still pretty crazy, just not *that* crazy.

Also, didn't Dr. Exner tell Liza, when Grisela was dying, that anyone dying- whether bitten by an infected, infected however the patient zeroes were infected, whatever whatever- would turn? I'm pretty sure Liza didn't get a chance to share that with the Manawas, so again, it's the island family's demise that provides them with the info that they're all infected now.

And, as greasy as he is, I love Nick. The idea that his relentless addiction provided him with the unique skills for him to thrive in the ZA, is intriguing to me. It's probably the only thing about the show that intrigues me. It was awesome to see how easily he interacted with the kids, how it brought them both joy and how- though he was childlike- he still acted with maturity in getting information without scaring those babies. No other character on the show could have believably behaved with them like that. It doesn't make up for the plot-itis that killed off Willa, but it was still good.

I hope Strand's scheme, whatever it is, does feature Nick and provides Nick with more to do.

• Love 2
Question- if the military was still functional and organized enough to firebomb cities with some kind of coordination...how do they finally collapse? I hope they run into a new character who can tell us what happened.

My thought is they didn't collapse so much as morph into something else.  They probably did lose a lot of soldiers to infection and simple job abandonment, but there are probably enough of them remaining to where they could control and run a small-ish territory. 

Strand is keeping the idiots because reasons. Mainly Ofelia. Valuable trade goods, and whatnot.

What I really want to know is why in the blue hell no one took the damn radio away from Alicia and tossed it overboard once they found out she was chatting with her new internet boyfriend on it? Also, didn't her actual boyfriend just die like, two days ago, show time? I mean, I know she's processing and all, as evidenced by the high art montages of her moping around staring at crap with weird filtered lenses and odd camera angles, but seriously, damn girl, move on fast in the ZA much? At least Chris took the time to make out with his mom's corpse a little first, for respect and shit.

I seriously cannot wait until Kim's resting bitch face gets the Noah treatment. It will be delicious and I will rewind and and replay with snacks. Also, Travis' face looks about halfway there already. Sorry not sorry. Seriously though, not sorry.

Also, do we have to even name this crew yet? Because doesn't naming them subtly acknowledge that we've officially given up on them all getting mass eaten by zombie pirate ghosts in the next episode? :/

• Love 2

I complained last season that "Fear the Walking Dead" should have some........oh, I dunno.......actual FEAR!

Instead we got "Days of our Walking Dead"

I will never forget the episode when they first saw the drug dealer and Nick ran him over with the truck. Maddie and Travis just stood there like, "Well.. that was weird. Let's go home and have dinner."

Me? I'd be going, "What the fuck are you doing you just ran over your friend and he's getting back up again? FUCK! FUCK! What the fucking fuck is going on! Holy shit! You're running him over? Oh my shit fuck!"

But ya know...FEAR

⬆ Hilarious.

• Love 2

I can't believe Nick took the time to shower on the boat (start of the ep) but still put back on those skanky old man clothes he stole from the hospital in season one. Seriously? Even in TWD people change clothes regularly and life is a whole lot harder by their period.

I can't believe Nick took the time to shower on the boat (start of the ep) but still put back on those skanky old man clothes he stole from the hospital in season one. Seriously? Even in TWD people change clothes regularly and life is a whole lot harder by their period.

I like the old man clothes. 

Every time I see them, I'm reminded of Carl Reiner in Ocean's Eleven.

And that makes me happy.

The Cable Live +3 Ratings are in for "We All Fall Down":

Episode 2 of "Fear the Walking Dead's" second season posted the biggest gains in the Live +3 ratings for the week of April 11-17.

The show grew by 1.2 points in adults 18-49 (2.5 to 3.7) and by 2.2 million viewers (5.581 million to 7.781 million).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/04/24/cable-live-3-ratings-april-11-17-2016/

Edited by Raven1707

Cable Live + 7 Ratings are in for Fear The Walking Dead, Episode 202, “We All Fall Down”:

"Fear the Walking Dead" had the largest total growth of the week, rising by 1.4 points in adults 18-49 [2.5 to 3.9] and by 2.74 million viewers. [5.581 million viewers to 8.325 million viewers]

The Top 25 gainers (including ties) in the Live +7 ratings for April 11-17, 2016 are below. The rankings include first-run, regular series and specials only, not repeats.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/02/cable-live-7-ratings-april-11-17-2016/