Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Kimmy Walks Into a Bar!

I love that Jacqueline was able to pull off her gala, but of course none of the people actually cared about her cause. I was also happy that Anna Camp came back (I was afraid she'd only be there for one episode) and her mental breakdown as she wants Jacqueline to steal her thunder just to give her something to do/root for.

Man, this show is just packed with Mad Men alums. Including the first season so far we've had Kiernan Shipka, Jon Hamm, Anna Camp, Zosia Mamet, and now Sam Page. Hopefully his character will influence Kimmy to really confront the issues she incurred due to her time in the bunker, but also I'm not rooting for them. No offense to the actor, but he's still Dr. Rapey to me.

• Love 2

Ah, that's why he looked so familiar!

I'm really enjoying Camp's character; the commentary on modern "trophy wives" feels pointed and layered without being mean-spirited or clichéd.

• Love 3

He's different enough from his Mad Men character here that I actually found him pretty cute. He was wearing the hell out of those dress blues. *fans self*

For some reason I remember him from Point Pleasant (hey, it was a guilty pleasure, don't judge me) and didn't make the Mad Men connection until you mentioned it. You'd think his role on Mad Men would be the more memorable one, but somehow that's not the one my brain remembers first. Hee.

• Love 2

For some reason I remember him from Point Pleasant (hey, it was a guilty pleasure, don't judge me) and didn't make the Mad Men connection until you mentioned it. You'd think his role on Mad Men would be the more memorable one, but somehow that's not the one my brain remembers first. Hee.

My first thought was remembering him on being on All My Children and Desperate Housewives, so you're still ahead of me.

Deidre's STRONG desire to be beaten by Jacqueline was so bizarre that you can't help but laugh.  I liked that Jacqueline found a way to win a round (then realizing rich people don't give a damn what they're giving money to.)

• Love 4

My first thought was remembering him on being on All My Children and Desperate Housewives, so you're still ahead of me.

OMG, THANK YOU! He was Trey on AMC!

The Mistresses Gala was pretty awesome, but a not-surprising downer of an outcome to it. I'm still not a fan of casting Jane K as Native American, but I guess I should be glad it's not just a series of random jokes this season. //shrug

• Love 2

I loved how Jackie was able to get all the mistresses to get their men to the gala. And the ensuing reaction from Anna Camp's character was wonderful. She plays unhinged so incredibly well. I'm glad we've just gotten glimpses because too much of that would get old quickly.

I agree that Sam Page will always be Dr. Rapey to me, but seeing him in that uniform started to win me over a bit. That man was hot.

I almost fell out of my bed laughing at all the construction workers yelling their deep, dark secrets while they were working. "I have a tail." "Some day, I'll marry this wheelbarrow." Such a great interstitial gag.

• Love 1

Jacqueline's shock at how little anyone else cared about her cause came as a surprise to me. I wouldn't have expected her to think these people were contributing to any of their pet causes for any reason other than to make themselves look good, given that this is her own first time actually caring about something. I was also assuming at first that she'd deliberately chosen the 'Turtle Island' name for the gala because she knew they wouldn't recognize it and would assume it was a generic environmental 'good cause.'

• Love 1

I had a similar thought: "would Jacqueline really be so naive as to think these people care about any cause that doesn't somehow benefit themselves?"

But then again, we all have those times when something is super important to us and we don't get why nobody else cares, right? I would imagine someone who is especially self-absorbed (like Jacqueline) would have a harder time grasping that other people wouldn't necessarily care about the things you care about.

• Love 5

The whole Jacqueline gets her life back/does the gala has been the least interesting of the main character's plots to me. That said, her trash talking Columbus was hilarious and the mistresses using their men's dirtiest fantasies was genius.

I am also curious to see what is going on with Kimmy's weird burping, she does it in every episode.

• Love 1

I hope that's not the last we see of Keith. He's adorable.

I had a feeling the richers weren't going to care about Jacqueline's cause, but her use of the mistresses was inspired.

And I'm kinda worried Jacqueline's rival will shank someone soon. Like, next episode soon.

Deirdre is quickly becoming one of my favorite new characters/antagonists.  The way she flips between typical Queen B bitchiness, to bizarrely unhinged to the point where actually seemed turned on over Jacqueline beating her, is amazing and hilarious.  Anna Camp continues to own the role.

That said, I figured Jacqueline's victory would be short-lived, so of course none of the rich, white men gave a damn about supporting any causes for Native Americans.  They apparently only care about things like mistresses and islands where they do weird stuff with turtles (ew!)

It's always weird getting use to seeing Sam Paige not being Rapey Greg from Mad Men, but I enjoyed the Keith character, and I hope he helps Kimmy accept that she isn't fully over what happened to her.  I've noticed they've been doing the burping throughout the entire season, so I'm sure there will be a point where Kimmy will be hit hard.

Continue to love Titus and Mikey, and the final scene with all the construction workers yelling random things that no one can hear, was fun.

So, Richard Wayne Gary Wayne was the true culprit behind M. Night Shyamalan's later, crappier work?!  I recognized The Village (a town that is set in the past, but really in the future) and The Happening (Marky Mark and plants), in his list of ideas.  I bet he was responsible for both Lady in the Water and The Last Airbender too, that bastard! 

• Love 1

Oh, look. It's Sam Page. One of those actors who always gets cast as "handsome guy." I kind of like the idea of her going out with a soldier for a while. I feel like he could be sweet and supportive and there for her in a way the other guys haven't... but this is Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, not The Mindy Project or Drop Dead Diva. 

"I just remembered, I need to run out of here making weird panicked noises!" XD

Deirdre telling Jacqueline to fight was a great scene. I kind of wanted Deirdre to dip slightly towards the friend side of frenemy but the payoff with the mistresses was OK too. Anna Camp is wonderfully ridiculous in this part. It's perfectly calibrated over the top villainy. 

I laughed so hard when Tituss answered "soup."

Jacqueline rolling herself up in the rug!

All the bottles of "Diet Water."

That was a disappointing ending. Why didn't Jacqueline at least threaten those guys with some kind of blackmail if she couldn't get them to donate? They were in a room with all of their mistresses! 

I am also curious to see what is going on with Kimmy's weird burping, she does it in every episode.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with her repressing her bunker experience. They hinted at it explicitly when she was talking to Keith at the end. 

I feel like there's a little too much Mimi at times. Amy Sedaris has it dialed all the way up to 11 so a little of her goes a long way. Even in a show like this, she's a little too over-the-top.

• Love 1