Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Kimmy Goes to a Play!

Jacqueline continues to get the best lines. "Time to get more D's than a kid with undiagnosed dyslexia."

Kimmy's realization that you can't tell tone on the Internet was so endearing. 

I also adored the montage of all Titus's past lives.

I also loved the confusion of the Internet trolls about what to do when they weren't offended anymore.

• Love 3

So I guess this was the show's way of calling out the backlash against the Native American storyline...whatever, honestly. Can we please move on?

How fine was Jane Krakowski in that dress at the wedding? Damn!

I love the random characters that have suddenly become recurring. Mimi Kanasis. That guy that owns the restaurant that Titus works at. It's kind of nice to know that any of these weirdos could show up again at any time.

Hah, we finally got to see the Banana Boys. "There weren't any good colors left."

Run, Lillian!

I suppose this was in response to the Native American controversy? Was there really a big controversy? I do not remember seeing much about it. I mean, I know some people mentioned it (I have always found it a little iffy), but I do not remember it being, like, Last Airbender levels of rage. 

Titus' play was fantastic! He had the head troll the second he sang in Japanese.

I enjoyed Jacqueline realizing she was Julian, but not being able to stop herself from claiming Kimmy as her lover to stay in the good graces of the richers. Very Jacqueline.

• Love 2

Amy Sedaris kicking off both shoes, mid-stride!, is a thing of beauty. That woman is a national treasure.

And then everyone, from then on out, always walked around the carpet to cross the room. Good subtle bit.

• Love 1

It really does make sense to just read most internet posts like they are Chandler.  Chandler pretty much was the internet before the internet really became a thing.

Fun seeing Mimi again.  Cracked up over how quickly she tried to abandon Jacqueline at first, but then suddenly changed her tune once she saw everyone was going gaga over her and Kimmy being "an item."

Definitely felt like Titus' play storyline was a jab at all the hate for the Native American storyline last season, with a touch of the whole concept over people getting upset and outrage over things that haven't even aired yet.  Not sure if it worked, but at least Titus Burgess has a nice singing voice.

Lillian fighting against the neighborhood changing for the better is so Lillian! 

I recognized Derek Klena, of course, so I enjoyed having him around as Douglas. I hope he comes back. I don't think they did enough with him. 

I'm not sure how I feel about the "internet outrage" storyline. A) I do think it's a common misconception that you can still make racist jokes about the Asian community because we won't complain. B) Titus does have a beautiful voice. I'm going to assume they did a good job with that song. And in universe, OK, he really is in tune with his past lives. C) But... in reality, no, that's a BS excuse. I wish creators (who, let's be honest, are usually white) would listen instead of getting offensive when someone is upset at them for appropriating another culture. Yes, there are people on the internet who are overly sensitive and get outraged about everything but when you put art into the world, you're starting a conversation. D) Of all things, she had to be a geisha? 

• Love 1
On 12/11/2016 at 3:08 AM, aradia22 said:

I recognized Derek Klena, of course, so I enjoyed having him around as Douglas. I hope he comes back. I don't think they did enough with him. 

He was in a regional production of Diner: The Musical a few years ago as the lead and man, he sold it. I wish he got more than to play stupid mancandy but that guy has such an incredible face!

I love that Titus is apparently so in touch with his past lives that he can still speak Japanese. I did love his number.