Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Nailed

• Start Topic

Well, now see... Mike just made an aggressive move that is going to make someone angry if they trace it to him.  He'd "better call Gus" in addition to calling Saul!

Edited by Sherry67

I was happy that Kim stood up for Jimmy to Chuck -- but Chuck was right about what Jimmy did and she knows it.  So now she has been put in a bad position. 

Of course, this is Chuck's fault to begin with, because he was the one who wrestled the account out of Kim's hands and into his own, and Jimmy was trying to help her get it back.  But Jimmy always does things in his own special, questionable way, and Kim can't live with that (understandably).

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 7

In a way, I wish Mike had left well enough alone.  Of course, then we wouldn't have a story for Mike, but his actions in messing with the Cartel got an innocent person shot in the face and buried in the desert.  Plus, I think that Nacho will squeal or be found out, and Mike will be in a world of trouble.

• Love 5

I had a feeling that what Jimmy was doing was going to get Chuck injured... or worse.  Not that Chuck wasn't/isn't a miserable person, but Jimmy has to live with it if something terrible happens.... just as Mike has to live with his actions getting the good Samaritan killed.

I think he would have blamed Jimmy even it has really been his own mistake.

True... but it wasn't his mistake.  Jimmy did everything he said.

• Love 5

I just realized who Chuck reminds me of.  Frank Grimes, Homer's enemy from The Simpsons.  Check out Simpsons Wiki if you don't know.

Excellent episode.  I absolutely loved seeing Kim defend Jimmy to Chuck and tell him off.  Chuck is a brilliant lawyer and he figured out the whole situation but it doesn't change the fact that he's a nut who pushed his brother to this.  Not defending Jimmy because what he did here was stupid.  But Chuck's personality is what led him to the situation at the end.

Poor Ernesto, he has the worst job in the world.  As pointed out last week by another poster, Chuck and Howard are awful with their employees.

Mike's storyline continues to be the most interesting of this season and I loved seeing him drive Hector nuts.  It was interesting to see it backfire on Mike (which doesn't happen often) when he learns about the good samaritan. 

Only one episode left...bah!

• Love 12

Chuck doesn't have one shred of evidence against Jimmy re: transposition of address numbers. 

Was that copy center employee perfectly cast! He could have been any student schmuck off the street. I love the way these roles are cast.

Edited by Dianaofthehunt
  • Love 18

The truck driver saw Mike's car. Question is, can it be traced back to Mike, based on his quick glance at it?

I don't think Mike was using his own car for the job.

• Love 7

I think he would have blamed Jimmy even it has really been his own mistake.

Why do you say this?  Has he ever outright accused Jimmy of something specific that Jimmy has been innocent of?  I truly can't remember. 

So, Kim is all in with Jimmy now?

Maybe.  I think we did see a bit of her desperation in the fact that she knows what Jimmy did but is consoling herself with the fact that there is no evidence he did that.  If she had evidence, she'd have to turn him in.  But she is wrong in saying that Chuck made him the way he is.  He was this way as a con man.  And while Chuck went about it the wrong way, I think we and Kim are going to see why Chuck was right to be wary of Jimmy working at HHM.  We've already seen him as an ill fit with Davis & Main.  And his way of doing business is likely going to have negative consequences on Kim. 

Maybe it's my mood and I have hated Chuck before but in this episode, it was Jimmy who drew my ire. 

Mike had a lighter episode tonight but man was Banks terrific as he got in the car after realizing an innocent bystander paid the price for his heist.  That's one thing I love about the way Gilligan writes.  There are always consequences. 

I am divided as to whether or not Chuck is dead.  McKean has been so terrific as Chuck that I'd hate to lose him but I could see Jimmy changing his name as a last way to honor his brother.  Or, maybe the hit on the head will lead to an interesting change in personality for Chuck.

• Love 11

The truck driver reminded me of Gail Boetticher singing along with the fast, high pitched singing.

I thought the same thing!  When the scene started my mind instantly went to Gale and his goofy singing.  Lol.

• Love 3

I'm going to guess that the truck driver will end up dead in the next episode.  Hector or the Cousins will kill him for some reason or another.  Or someone else will do it.

Maybe they are going to think that Gus is responsible for the heist, which will be a way to bring him into the picture.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Man, Chuck is going to flip in a hospital with all the electrical equipment! Maybe he will get psychiatric help while in the hospital and come back "normal" and go after Jimmy. That would suck, but be an interesting turn of events. Maybe, Chuck could get healthy? 

• Love 2

I wonder if Chuck will end up on life support or in a coma... and Jimmy pulls the plug.  That's a thought that just crossed my mind.

Something tells me Chuck didn't give Jimmy power of attorney.

• Love 5

Man, Chuck is going to flip in a hospital with all the electrical equipment! Maybe he will get psychiatric help while in the hospital and come back "normal" and go after Jimmy. That would suck, but be an interesting turn of events. Maybe, Chuck could get healthy? 

I don't care what happens as long as there is a change.

"I'm so bored with this dynamic."

He can die, get completely well, get committed, go even more crazy.  I'm just tired of watching Chuck rinse and repeat his efforts to keep Jimmy down.

I hope we see Rebecca in the next episode though.

• Love 5

I don't care what happens as long as there is a change.

"I'm so bored with this dynamic."

He can die, get completely well, get committed, go even more crazy.  I'm just tired of watching Chuck rinse and repeat his efforts to keep Jimmy down.

I hope we see Rebecca in the next episode though.

McKean's been great but Chuck is exhausting. 

• Love 11

Something tells me Chuck didn't give Jimmy power of attorney.

Maybe Chuck's infirmity will be the show's opportunity to bring in the brothers' stepdad -- the guy who at some point slept with Jimmy's second wife (Kim?).

Edited by Dev F
  • Love 4

To be honest, I bet Chuck is sick of living that way too. Radical change may be what he needs. When he clocked his head on the counter, if reminded me of some research I saw on head traumas and how it changed some people into geniuses. I don;t know why Chuck couldn't believe that he was "cured" either.  In reality, this will probably only make Chuck sicker, because he has been getting a lot out of these secondary gains for a while now. Everyone has to cow tow to his every need and desire. It is the ultimate in controlling the environment and controlling others. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I would be alright if this is the end of Chuck. I know I should feel bad for him, because he is right about Jimmy 9 times out of 10, but he is such an asshole about it, I just get sick of him. He is wonderfully performed, but he just drives me batty. 

I cannot believe we only have one more episode left this season! Unfair!

• Love 5

A multi million dollar client and no one double checked the work of a man who was practically bedridden for over a year until a few weeks before. Not double checking his work was sloppy.  What Jimmy did was wrong but Chuck was also at fault.

I'll bet when we finally see the commercial, we'll hear the words Better Call Saul.

• Love 12

That driver is a dead man...when Tio is done questioning him, he may be glad to die. Nacho was so sure that Mike had an inside man...Tio must have the same thought, and the driver is the only clue he has.

Props to the poster above who mentioned Gilligan's storytelling..and the law of unintended consequences. Mike must have thought he got away clean, but the good samaritan killing will have to be answered. That one he won't let ride. But I also love the attention to detail, and the way he explains how the hose was set to work.

Reminds me of the great train robbery in BB, and a dozen more examples. 

If nobody calls 911, does Jimmy jump in and call himself? Despite everything, he looks like he might just do that.

• Love 4