Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, so I knew Jess was going to slither back eventually. He’s every bit as loathsome as ever. I will begrudgingly admit he was handsome...but either he hasn’t aged well or the all-encompassing beanie-instead-of-eyebrows look REALLY doesn’t work for him.

Like it wouldn’t be cheaper to buy another beater in California than to fly to the east coast to retrieve that piece of crap? Especially since supposedly Liz just found out about the car from Luke that morning so I can only assume Leather Punkadaro went immediately to the airport in California and flew east...because those last-minute fares are so reasonable.

The logical holes in this show are just enormous sometimes. 

Yep it was: "Milo is free, quick let's bring my Jesse Boy back, just like I need my hard on for Christopher." Because that's how AS-P thought when it came to her "beloved actors". Even if NOTHING made sense. 

• Love 2

I always assumed he had already left California and had traveled back to NYC--he's living in there and working as a messenger a few episodes later. But that is an assumption, since they never addressed it!

I don't know if they had Jess purposefully look unkempt in season 4 or what, but he definitely looked rough. It's hard to decide who had the worst hair in season 4, though--Jess or Dean. I don't even know what was on Dean's head at the end of the season, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 9/26/2020 at 11:07 AM, HawkeyeLo said:

I always assumed he had already left California and had traveled back to NYC--he's living in there and working as a messenger a few episodes later. But that is an assumption, since they never addressed it!

I don't know if they had Jess purposefully look unkempt in season 4 or what, but he definitely looked rough. It's hard to decide who had the worst hair in season 4, though--Jess or Dean. I don't even know what was on Dean's head at the end of the season, lol.

That was my assumption as well.  

The Festival of Living Art-if you took a drink every time Taylor said “Hank from Woodbury“, you’d have alcohol poisoning by the end of the episode.  I know the reason, plot point, that Lorelai went last, but Rory, who had the original picture, should have had the last slot. Poor Carol Dandridge-got bumped because Lorelai had a hissy fit.

• Love 3

Just started Season 4

Already Episode 1 made me crazy.  Taylor and his annoying soda shop and trying to guilt 
Rory about being the queen of ice cream.  Not to mention poor Kirk

I can’t believe Lorelai would forget to bring something for Luke.

All she cared about was movie night when there was so much to be done for Yale. Be an adult for once!

I can’t believe Luke got married and is now getting divorced!  

I didn’t like Emily in this episode at all. 

So moving into Yale and Lorelai or Rory don’t know what to bring for the dorm room?  I’m old and I know what you have to bring.Didn’t they have Bed Bath and Beyond commercials in 2003?

Why do Rory and Paris have to be in the same room?  I thought there was 4 bedrooms in the suite

As far as the mattress they didn’t think about taking it to the dump?  And why was Lorelai so selfish about using Luke’s truck?

Paris?  Why did I expect this when she said she was accepted at Yale?  I wish they'd move on from her.  She's so one dimensional and high maintenance.

Loving Lorelai’s hair… she looks better when it’s not so flat.

It didn’t take Sookie long to be a pain in the ass.  Boy oh boy read the room…it’s kids!  Were you ever near a kid?
Her food always looks the same..big bowls of fruits and vegetables.  Lorelai you’re a liar.  She’s not going to be a 
Great parent.  I’m already worried about that baby.

Where did Alex go?

Edited by NYGirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

It didn’t take Sookie long to be a pain in the ass.  Boy oh boy read the room…it’s kids!  Were you ever near a kid?
Her food always looks the same..big bowls of fruits and vegetables.  Lorelai you’re a liar.  She’s not going to be a 
Great parent.  I’m already worried about that baby.

That  was insane. No kid is going to eat that stuff. Sookie annoys the hell out of me. It's a cross between MM awful attempts to be funny and TIIC terrible, uninformed writing. Lorelai should think twice about going into business with her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NYGirl said:

So moving into Yale and Lorelai or Rory don’t know what to bring for the dorm room?  I’m old and I know what you have to bring.Didn’t they have Bed Bath and Beyond commercials in 2003?

Why do Rory and Paris have to be in the same room?  I thought there was 4 bedrooms in the suite

As far as the mattress they didn’t think about taking it to the dump?  And why was Lorelai so selfish about using Luke’s truck?

LOL for real. Everything about moving in to Yale (Rory having the date wrong and never rechecking it, not having all the stuff bought beforehand, JUST HAUL THE STUPID MATTRESS AWAY YOU IDIOT, IT'S NOT LIKE THEY EXPECT YOU TO RETURN IT AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER IF THE LADY SAID YOU JUST NEEDED TO DISPOSE OF IT YOURSELF) was stupid and OOC. I hated Lorelai spending the night there even though I know some people love it.

As far as the bedrooms - it was a 2 bedroom suite, not 4. And I like Paris. She's annoying AF but she's supposed to be, so it works for me. LOL.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

LOL for real. Everything about moving in to Yale (Rory having the date wrong and never rechecking it, not having all the stuff bought beforehand, JUST HAUL THE STUPID MATTRESS AWAY YOU IDIOT, IT'S NOT LIKE THEY EXPECT YOU TO RETURN IT AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER IF THE LADY SAID YOU JUST NEEDED TO DISPOSE OF IT YOURSELF) was stupid and OOC. I hated Lorelai spending the night there even though I know some people love it.

As far as the bedrooms - it was a 2 bedroom suite, not 4. And I like Paris. She's annoying AF but she's supposed to be, so it works for me. LOL.

Yes, Paris is a bright spot in this series in a funny way.  I wouldn't want the series without her even though she is really a pain.  And as the relationship goes on with Rory and Paris, it makes more and more sense--they just work together.

12 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I'm an only child. My father worked night shift my entire life at home, so it was my mom and me most of the time. We were very close, I can really relate to the homesickness freshman year. 

I didn't have the same situation, but I thought it was nice to have Lorelai stay with Rory, knowing that it is hard for many in the beginning when they first move to college--for both the parent and the child.  And since Lorelai and Rory are essentially "friends" it made even more sense.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NYGirl said:

Paris?  Why did I expect this when she said she was accepted at Yale?  I wish they'd move on from her.  She's so one dimensional and high maintenance.

She isn't actually one dimensional as you see more of her.  If you look at the surface, yes, but she is a complex person, and over the series she does add a lot to the show and the friendship with Rory.  There is more to come.  There are many episodes to like Paris ahead (and some for her to annoy you). 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, alexa said:

She isn't actually one dimensional as you see more of her.  If you look at the surface, yes, but she is a complex person, and over the series she does add a lot to the show and the friendship with Rory.  There is more to come.  There are many episodes to like Paris ahead (and some for her to annoy you). 

This is true. Paris grows and matures in a way that is a pleasure to behold.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, alexa said:

Alexa!!  You are beginning to know me...lol.  I can't tell you guys how much fun it is to post in this topic.  We are actually having conversations.  

Right now I'm in the middle of the season.  Lane got caught, Paris is with the professor, Lorelai is dating Jason, Lorelai is jealous of Luke moving in with Nicole and fighting with him about it ::rolling my eyes:::  Kirk keeps saying "my girlfriend" in every episode.

As we speak Luke's hippie sister and therefore Jess' mom just arrived.  I'm sure I will have thoughts later on.

Sookie lost a ton of weight in 2004...funny how she must have gained it all back for Mike and Molly.

I don't know if I like Jason.  Emily has been annoying me a lot lately, probably because Ive become numb to Lorelai.  I'm slowly finding Rory getting to be annoying.  Go figure.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Sookie lost a ton of weight in 2004...funny how she must have gained it all back for Mike and Molly.

IIRC, MM lost a lot of weight before she became pregnant in real life. 

Spoiler

Sookie’ second pregnancy 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Wow...that's all I gotta say.

I loved the Living Art episode.  I laughed so much at Kirk and his apostles.  Was Jude the troubadour that sings around town?  I thought it was and it made it funnier to me.

Emily and Richard went off the rails so quick after the Yale tailgating episode.  Jason's father was a real dick.  How do you do that to your own son.  I'm sure they could have worked things out with the 3 of them.  And Richard?  I always liked him.  I had no idea he was so ruthless. Emily was quite frantic this season.

I love Lane's band mates and they way they were with Mrs. Kim.

Liz's wedding... so much happening.  I see such a change in Luke.  And Jess??!!??  I was so happy Luke and Jess bonded and that he thanked Luke for taking care of him.  But thinking Rory wanted to drop school and just run away with him?  I can't believe Dean was there at the same time.  More angst for them.  And what did they do to Dean?  He doesn't look good at all this season.  And why is Dean all mad at Rory?  God!!  He's married for God's sakes.

I'm not crazy about the wallpaper in the Dragonfly.  Am I the only one?  It looks way too old.   Other than that I like it.   And of course Sookie is annoying once again with the kitchen staff. Clueless as usual.

I hate Taylor this season.

OMG the kiss.  I bet your original series watchers went crazy when that happened

Poor Lorelai...I can't believe Rory was so stupid!  I guess I was right not to like her so much this season.  I actually liked Lorelai much better recently.

Can't wait for Season 5!!

P.S. One thing really bugs me about this show.  Everybody says I don't want to talk about it during every dispute or argument.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Was Jude the troubadour that sings around town?  I thought it was and it made it funnier to me.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. I thought the Festival was pretty freaking cool, that's the kind of thing I would actually pay money to go see.

8 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I love Lane's band mates and they way they were with Mrs. Kim.

I also liked Lorelai talking Mrs. Kim down off the ledge. "You two are girls." Ha!

8 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I was so happy Luke and Jess bonded and that he thanked Luke for taking care of him.

That was a 'teared up' moment for me, not gonna lie.

9 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I'm not crazy about the wallpaper in the Dragonfly.  Am I the only one?

LOL I remember discussions about how for as much as Lorelai complained about the Cheshire Cat B&B from the Harvard trip, her decorating taste wasn't any better.

11 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

OMG the kiss.  I bet your original series watchers went crazy when that happened

Yep.

11 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

P.S. One thing really bugs me about this show.  Everybody says I don't want to talk about it during every dispute or argument.

Oh man, there's a scene coming up a ways down the road where Lorelai complains about something important that "all she's done is talk about it" (may not be a direct quote, but I can't remember exactly which episode to check) when that is LITERALLY the opposite of how she handled it. All she did was AVOID it. I swear it was a 'spit my drink out and yell at the TV' moment for me. 

• Love 3

I loved the Festival of Living Art too. 

Communication is the biggest problem with these people. It nearly ruins a lot of relationships.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Aww, @NYGirl. You didn't comment on my 2 favorite episodes of the whole series. Scene in a Mall and the next episode The Reigning Lorelai. Kelly Bishop just knocks her performance out of the park. Drunk Emily was hilarious.

LOL I'm sorry!  I didn't want to spam with posts about every episode so I limited the season to 1 post.  I love Emily's mother when she goes off the rails.  The smoking and drinking...I snorted orangeade out of my nose!  I loved Marion Ross playing cousin Marilyn too.

I hope the Gilmores get back together.  It's not fun with them separated.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Aww, @NYGirl. You didn't comment on my 2 favorite episodes of the whole series. Scene in a Mall and the next episode The Reigning Lorelai. Kelly Bishop just knocks her performance out of the park. Drunk Emily was hilarious.

I love those too!

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

I didn't want to spam with posts about every episode

Oh believe me, we don't mind. There's precious little else that's relatively light and fun to talk about these days.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Oh believe me, we don't mind. There's precious little else that's relatively light and fun to talk about these days.

On that note I did my last rewatch when the pandemic began, as a cheerful diversion.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I also liked Lorelai talking Mrs. Kim down off the ledge. "You two are girls." Ha!

I love both of those scenes so much. Mrs. Kim clearly freaked out but instead of going home she ran straight to Lorelai who talked her down off the ledge. I love Mrs. Kim going back and everything she says including "You two are girls". Lane looked so happy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tattooeddancer said:

Random Season 4 observation. Lorelei's Juicy pants. I remember those being a thing. I could be wrong because I was a teen at the time, but weren't they crazy expensive for sweatpants? Why would Lorelei wear expensive designer sweats?

Because money/finances never, ever, made any sense on this show.

• Love 6

Rory paid $20 to sit under a tree? And she owned the tree?! Rory is such a spoiled brat. Go study in a library.

Sookie is horrible. Is she bipolar or something? She is annoying. I couldn’t be her friend.

Kirk is dating his brothers ex? That’s just gross. 

• Love 2
On 5/4/2022 at 7:25 PM, iwantcookies said:

Rory paid $20 to sit under a tree? And she owned the tree?! Rory is such a spoiled brat. Go study in a library.

Sookie is horrible. Is she bipolar or something? She is annoying. I couldn’t be her friend.

Kirk is dating his brothers ex? That’s just gross. 

I love Sookie but there are a few episodes that drive me crazy. Her making all that fancy food for the kid's birthday party and getting pissed at Lorelai who's pointing out how none of the food works for kids. And the Incredible Shrinking Lorelais when she caused the whole mess with the stove (or was it the sink) and takes no responsibility for it or even apologizes for it. She even complains about Michele. I have great sympathy for a mom (or dad) up all night with a crying baby. But Sookie has a husband, a dula, and a nanny. She easily could have taken ten minutes to go to the inn and inspect the stove. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I love Sookie but there are a few episodes that drive me crazy. Her making all that fancy food for the kid's birthday party and getting pissed at Lorelai who's pointing out how none of the food works for kids. And the Incredible Shrinking Lorelais when she caused the whole mess with the stove (or was it the sink) and takes no responsibility for it or even apologizes for it. She even complains about Michele. I have great sympathy for a mom (or dad) up all night with a crying baby. But Sookie has a husband, a dula, and a nanny. She easily could have taken ten minutes to go to the inn and inspect the stove. 

Did she have a nanny?

• Love 1
Just now, andromeda331 said:

Yes, Tobin in The Nanny and the Professor. 

That's right! I forgot all about him. Yeah, Sookie could really be insufferable at times. And the time they were going to temporarily cut out lunch. I felt so sorry for their poor accountant.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

That's right! I forgot all about him. Yeah, Sookie could really be insufferable at times. And the time they were going to temporarily cut out lunch. I felt so sorry for their poor accountant.

So do I. That poor accountant probably quit after that.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

But Sookie has a husband, a dula, and a nanny. She easily could have taken ten minutes to go to the inn and inspect the stove. 

You know, I always take Sookie's side in that scene (just because I've been so deliriously tired from being up with a crying baby that I can't think straight, many times LOL, so I totally got her there) but you're right that she had other people she could have had helping her with Davey that night so she didn't have to be up with him all night. I doubt Bruce was still around at that point but Tobin would have been happy to come over and stay up with Davey.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

The way Paris dumped Jamie was brutal. Paris really is an awful person. 

Jason Styles is so annoying. Perfect match for insufferable Lorelei. 

It really was. Followed by her comment to a shocked Rory, what did you think was going to happen? Well, Paris, we assumed you wouldn't be that cold breaking up with him. 

• Love 4

Insufferable precious spoiled Rory telling Dean that he shouldn’t quit school to work was something. Rory never had a job up to season 4. Someone is paying her bills so she has no clue what’s it’s like to scramble to buy anything. Jeez Rory read a room. Dean is married and needs to support himself.

And Rory isn’t as cute as I remember her. Very bland. Very unrealistic all these guys in LOVE with her. 

Deans hairstyle in S4 is awful. What is that? I was itching to give him a haircut!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Is it the end of Jason’s appearance? His own father makes sure he is unemployed! Jason’s parents are Awful. Richards $ is safe he got a new job at Jason’s expense.

And of course L and J are over. 

I keep watching…

• Love 3
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Insufferable precious spoiled Rory telling Dean that he shouldn’t quit school to work was something. Rory never had a job up to season 4. Someone is paying her bills so she has no clue what’s it’s like to scramble to buy anything. Jeez Rory read a room. Dean is married and needs to support himself.

And Rory isn’t as cute as I remember her. Very bland. Very unrealistic all these guys in LOVE with her. 

Deans hairstyle in S4 is awful. What is that? I was itching to give him a haircut!

Yeah, it really was. What's really frustrating about that scene is Rory does know what it's like to struggle and scramble to pay things growing up. It took many years for Rory and Lorelai to get to where they were when the series begin. She was lucky she never had to work as a teen like Lane, Dean and Jess all had to do. 

5 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Is it the end of Jason’s appearance? His own father makes sure he is unemployed! Jason’s parents are Awful. Richards $ is safe he got a new job at Jason’s expense.

And of course L and J are over. 

I keep watching…

Jason got completely screwed over by Richard. The part I hate is Richard acting like Floyd coming after them was a surprise. That was the whole reason why Richard took Jason on as a partner.  He had zero interested until Jason mentioned how mad it would make his father. Hell, he even tells Emily that happy and laughing.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/20/2022 at 12:55 AM, andromeda331 said:

She was lucky she never had to work as a teen like Lane, Dean and Jess all had to do. 

Amy was determined to write Rory as unrelatable as possible more & more as time went on. 😬 And then she acts as if she doesn't know why so many folks dislike Rory. *sighs heavily*
I liked Rory all through the OS, mind you she aggravated me at times & I sure didn't condone her cheating/entitledness, but I liked her.

ETA: She did start to change in season 4 though, the Dean affair was DREADFUL. And Lorelai going on a double date with Luke & Dean/Rory ?? 

Edited by SJC
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, SJC said:

Amy was determined to write Rory as unrelatable as possible more & more as time went on. 😬 And then she acts as if she doesn't know why so many folks dislike Rory. *sighs heavily*
I liked Rory all through the OS, mind you she aggravated me at times & I sure didn't condone her cheating/entitledness, but I liked her.
In AYITL ? Oh brother .... 😑

She really was which stinks. The reason I liked Rory in the first place was because she was so relatable. It was so nice to have a show with a teenage girl who wasn't all about partying and boys. She loved school, books and hanging out with her mom. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I could be wrong, but I think that ASP dislikes the character of Rory.
Like I say...starting w/season 4 there was a slow, but sure deterioration of the character.  😒 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think that’s also the episode where Rory made Mac& cheese by throwing velveeta slices on hot pasta?  I tried that and it was NOT GOOD.  Another reason to hate Rory lol

• Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1