Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

You're likely right, KerleyQ. It's not just about how they write TG into his breaks, though—it's how they write Luke in general. It all feels so forced, like they're using Luke because TG is around and they have to make it worth everyone's while. I don't see Luke as a paterfamilias like Edward was, but there has to be a way to make him some sort of character emeritus that respects Luke's place in the show as well as reflects the reality that Luke isn't as important as he used to be. Or have the guts to write Luke off completely, and give the character and the actor his due.

• Love 1

There's really not a lot awkward between any of the actors. They tend to get along well and play around with each other genuinely enough at these events. There's being "on" for the fans, and then there's genuine smiles and teasing each other. 

I'm down for killing Luke. I'm done with TG and his hissy fits and wanting to tank history. Bring back a few vets to cry. Recast Lucky. Or get JJ. Either way, GH will be better in the long run.

Maybe Sonny and Luke can have a shootout kill each other .Problem solved. They have lived past their exparation date.Godfather was a movie and Michael C turned into scum after his father died to his wife, his brothers his kids etc. he went from dsomeone not in the mob to running his family. In the end wasn't he alone. Didn't his nephew kill his daughter. Spencer there is a job for you.Revenge is a desert best eaten cold. One thing about the movies is they lasted hours not years. TIIC of this show don't realise how sick of the mobs and molls we are. We have seen it all before. Bored, bored, bored. Maybe its just me. Maybe I have watched to long.

• Love 2

Maybe Sonny and Luke can have a shootout kill each other .Problem solved. They have lived past their exparation date.Godfather was a movie and Michael C turned into scum after his father died to his wife, his brothers his kids etc. he went from dsomeone not in the mob to running his family. In the end wasn't he alone. Didn't his nephew kill his daughter. Spencer there is a job for you.Revenge is a desert best eaten cold. One thing about the movies is they lasted hours not years. TIIC of this show don't realise how sick of the mobs and molls we are. We have seen it all before. Bored, bored, bored. Maybe its just me. Maybe I have watched to long.

Errrm, no, Michael Corleone's nephew, played by Andy Garcia, didn't kill his daughter. I believe it was Joe Montegna's character. It was so stupid, she gets shot.in.the.chest. says: "Dad" and keels over dead. Garcia's character just yells "No!"

Just wanted to clarify. But the rest of your post is on point. Michael Corleone died alone, in a chair. Outside. Keeled right over. Alone.

I don't see Luke as a paterfamilias like Edward was, but there has to be a way to make him some sort of character emeritus that respects Luke's place in the show as well as reflects the reality that Luke isn't as important as he used to be.

They have had several chances over the years to do this and just never seem able to wrap it up: Most recently on the 50th Anniversary instead of having Luke and Laura race to save Lulu, it should have been Dante, and a re-cast Lucky (who as a character is needed on canvas) and even Ethan. As the three younger men raced off to save their wife/sister, Laura could have been fretting and Luke could have sat back in a chair taken out a cigar and put his feet up: When Laura called him on it he could have said "I've taught those boys ever thing I can: Dante is a cop, Ethan has street smarts and Lucky, well Darlin Lucky has all my skills and all your heart: Helena does not stand a chance."  it would have been and awesome passing of the torch moment. Luke could have then, with or without Laura, re-opened the Blues Club or joined Mac as a partner in the Rib and spent the rest of his days dispensing booze, humor and advise, as the younger men had adventures.

But TG's ego and Ron's ego are far to big.

• Love 6

Errrm, no, Michael Corleone's nephew, played by Andy Garcia, didn't kill his daughter. I believe it was Joe Montegna's character. It was so stupid, she gets shot.in.the.chest. says: "Dad" and keels over dead. Garcia's character just yells "No!"

Just wanted to clarify. But the rest of your post is on point. Michael Corleone died alone, in a chair. Outside. Keeled right over. Alone.

to be perfectly honest.The godfather I read the book enjoyed some of the movie. Horse in the bed , not so much. Second was ok. Third I watched a few months ago.,finally. By then the movie had gotten so bloody and it was getting harder to know who was who. I remember the baby carriage. I thought Andy Garcia wanted revenge for his father and his nutty abused mother .He was brought up to hate Michael..Who cares really it was a case of what goes around comes around.I do sometimes see MB trying to be Michael Coreleone. The stories are sooo copied from the orignal. As per usual the first one was good it went downhill from there.

I thought Andy Garcia wanted revenge for his father and his nutty abused mother .He was brought up to hate Michael.

Toward the end of GF III, Michael names his nephew Vincent Mancini as his successor, on condition that he break off his relationship with his cousin Mary. After her brother's debut concert as everyone is leaving the venue the assassin Mosca tries to kill Michael. One bullet grazes Michael's shoulder, but the other accidentally hits Mary in the heart, killing her instantly.

Edited by stacey
fixing quote box

I think you're mixing movies. The Baby carriage is from The Untouchables.

At the end of the opera they went to didn't the guy carry a machine gun and shoot the daughter ?? I forget.zOld age catching up to me. How did the third godfather end then?

Kelly looks gorgeous as always, but I've never really been crazy about her sporting the hair bump. There are a few angles here where the wave at the front of it makes her look like she's trying to rock a female Elvis impersonator look or something.

Great pics, though! Thanks! 

Edited by UYI

Valentini tweeted that someone doesn't make it out of today's episode and someone wrote back saying hopefully someone in the writers room.

In other news, NotRonCarlivati is in rare form today.

That was me! 

The funny thing is that I was slightly nervous about posting it and then thought, "Eh, screw it." 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 6

OnceSane, true enough! I used to talk to some guy every day. His job called for him to wear a cap like a baseball cap. Nice eyes and all, but when he showed up for a date sans cap, I couldn't believe it was the same guy! All the appeal was suddenly gone lol!

Somebody said he wears a wig on the show, somebody else said he cut his hair. I don't know which it is but he looks a lot better with it short, and he is totally charming on Twitter and Instagram. I don't hate Levi because he seems so good natured about it all even crazies tweeting him hatred.

Edited by Veronica

The problem with all the film comparisons is that none of the gangster were suppose to be heroes. I do not understand the backstage politics that makes Sonny a hero, he could be a lead and still be a bad guy (look at Breaking Bad).

I also know that MB weaves a lot of typical bi-polar behavior into Sonny, which explains a lot of what he does, really. But what I cannpt phantom is that we are then subjected to a never ending stream of enablers, which MB knows as a bi-polar suffer is worse then the illness.

Luke got an intervention, how ever flawed when he ran over Jake and they had the nerve to have Sonny there. Sonny has needed an intervention on his behavior for a long time now.

• Love 2

Okay I'm probably going to kick myself, but was the hot blonde guy in the pic with KSt and KT? He looks familiar but I can't place him.

Are you talking about the guy that plays Levi? In the black Jacket & pants with his new haircut.

Thanks for the pics TheGourmez.

I'll be the odd man out and say that while obviously it's a huge improvement in that I don't want to turn away whenever they show him now, I think he still looks eh. Maybe if he dyed his hair a bit darker. His face and his hair look the same color, like one beige blob.

Edited by ulkis

Holy shit, that's LEVI????? Damn he looks good in those pics! I would have never guessed. Also looks much skinnier.

ETA: just saw a pic of him ozone and he isn't nearly as hot as he looks in the pic with the ladies.

Edited by Sake614

Do we know how far out GH is between taping and the airdate at the moment?

There were whispers that the whole Big Alice needs a heart/Spencer runs away subplots were covering for other scrapped material, hastily written and shot. I was curious as to how soon that could be, if possible. There's just some stuff that's popping up on the show in the last couple episodes that has me raising an eyebrow.

Edited by jsbt

Not sure where else to put this - and people were talking about it in Spoilers but I wondered if it should go here - but what is the nature of Tony  Geary's health problems?  I thought he just needed back surgery, but apparently there was some alarming tweet about "praying for him" (in the Spoilers forum)?  (!)

Just curious ...

I believe TG is having a more difficult recovery than expected from his two back surgeries.(I think he was only supposed to have one originally).  & the tweet seems to indicate TG's health may be poorer than realized.