Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They always treated the current chick like she was the love of his life. Every one of his relationships became meaningless.

What always cracked me up were the interviews they would do with the poor actresses who played his girlfriend du jour. They would always be exactly. the same. "He's opening up, blah blah, connection he's never had before, he shows her a different side that no one else has ever seen." lol.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What always cracked me up were the interviews they would do with the poor actresses who played his girlfriend du jour. They would always be exactly. the same. "He's opening up, blah blah, connection he's never had before, he shows her a different side that no one else has ever seen." lol.

RIGHT. OMG, I know. It was laughable. They always did this with Sonny and Jason, btw. 

38 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Man, what the fuck. Are Julian,. Ava, and Kiki not enough? Why the fuck do we need another Jerome coming on this fucking show already infested with useless motherfuckers. 

I think this every time they announce a new character/casting and every time I see Franco, Hayden, Julian, Ava, Kiki, Nina, and that embryo child.   I'd have rather had someone else carry the stolen Dante/Lulu embryo than whatever is currently playing, just like I'd rather watch Sonny/Jason's manpain than Franco's man pain.  It still sucks and is stupid, but at least it's not as stupid and/or useless. 

• Love 1

And it's official:

Tonja Walker, who played Julian’s sister (and Anna’s archenemy) Olivia Jerome from 1988-90, is returning to Port Charles in early 2017, the show confirms. “We are very happy to be bringing Tonja back to GH.  While we can’t share what role she’ll be playing, we can guarantee that she’ll be shaking things up in Port Charles,” said Frank Valentini, executive producer, in a statement.

21 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't think Sonny is a character who needs a love interest, TBH. It always amazed me that they had to attach him to someone.

I can see why he always has one. His chemistry with VM extended the life of his character past one-off hoodlum and his chemistry with SBr helped make him the center of the canvas, Sonny is an asshole. He's a shitty, selfish person who treats most people badly. He needs a love interest so the writers can pretend that there's more to the character than selfishness and lust for power

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

He's a shitty, selfish person who treats most people badly. He needs a love interest so the writers can pretend that there's more to the character than selfishness and lust for power

You do realize he treated his love interests like shit? He was pretty abusive. If the show was trying to pretend there was more to his character, they failed. He was  really never humanized by his women. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

But yeah, you'd think he'd have enough going on that he wouldn't have to have a constant parade of love interests as well.

But those dimples! Is Sonny supposed to waste them on his bodyguards and Jason?

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

He needs a love interest so the writers can pretend that there's more to the character than selfishness and lust for power

He's always super selfish with the women, so that fails.

I don't think Sonny needs a love interest, but I met MB does.

• Love 2
Just now, dubbel zout said:

But those dimples! Is Sonny supposed to waste them on his bodyguards and Jason?

He's always super selfish with the women, so that fails.

I don't think Sonny needs a love interest, but I met MB does.

Yeah, I actually speculated about that in the Corinthos thread (I wrote more about it over there).

• Love 1

And now Tom is getting a family...because of course he is. Why would Elizabeth's story be about her? ::smh::

Michael Rodrick, who played Cameron Sinclair on ANOTHER WORLD from 1998-99, will make his GH on December 19 in the role of Seth Baker, brother of Don Harvey’s Tom. With his brother “mysteriously missing” (which is to say, locked up in a dog crate!), Seth will visit G.H. in search of answers about Tom’s whereabouts.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Eh, as long as both Tom and Seth leave when the story is over, I'm fine with it. The problem is when these ostensibly short-term characters become contract players.

Which of course they will because Jelly will fall in love with them and not want to let them go.

• Love 2

I'm with dubbel zout, it at least sounds short-term as part of this story.  They've established that Tom has this brother that he's been staying with (and who Franco also threatened) so it makes sense he'd pop up with Tom missing and

about to be murdered.

I'm not looking forward to the defenders of mobsters and SERIAL KILLERS tearing into Seth - a non-criminal as far as we know - for not disowning his brother and for allowing him to come back to Port Charles.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-ghs-maurice-benard-gets-personal/

Digest: Sonny’s facing the possibility of going to jail now because of how Morgan died. Do you think he feels like that’s what he deserves?
Benard: Oh, yeah. He feels like, if he doesn’t kill himself, he can at least go to prison. All these fans who go, “Oh, Sonny has never paid for his lifestyle, for his crimes,” well, that’s why I’m doing this acting. For them. So that they can know that Sonny is suffering. So, all those people going, “He doesn’t pay, he doesn’t pay,” well, what are you gonna say now?

u ok mo?

As one of those "fans," I'll say "Thank you, Show!" if he goes to prison and stays there.  Otherwise, it's just same-old same-old.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Oh, Christ. Tom get a family member in town? These "writers" consistently make the most baffling choices.

Meanwhile, poor Cam and Aiden are... where?  Someone search the cages because I suspect Franco of "sending them to Gram's".  Reason?  Jake had a sad and Franco wanted alone time with Liz.   Also, we can't see Molly and TJ ever... but we see Tom being held captive in a dog cage?  I really hate this story because it's making me sympathize with a rapist- and not the one that the writers want me to like, either.  I sympathize with Tom.  He served his time.   He, unlike anyone else in Port Charles, did 18 years in Pentonville- and he didn't even kill anyone.  So, like right when he gets out, he of course gets to be kidnapped and tortured by Franco.  I don't know what's worse- being in the cage, the shock collar, or having to listen to Franco.  And now we get to be tortured because we get another story where Franco- poor ADMITTED SERIAL KILLER Franco- is the wrongfully accused murderer.  Because every three months that has to happen.  We get it- we're supposed to like Franco, but we don't.  They could cast a snuggly kitten standing on top of a happy pug as Franco and it would still be terrible.  It's the role.   So, now a rape victim has to sit there and support her serial killer boyfriend as he's falsely accused of "righteously murdering" her rapist, who went to prison for 18 years? 

I'd take a OLTL crossover for one episode to see Marty come and counsel everyone and tell them about what happened to her.  That might actually be beneficial.  They really brought the wrong characters over. 

• Love 4

Prays to the big purses, giant boxes, and potted plants gods.  I'd rather a big belly be in my face and we all pretend it's not than for Dr. Lee to tell Lulu she's pregnant via an egg that had been hiding behind her appendix.

• Love 4

...so the extended version of the promo is mostly the dudes randomly being shirtless?  Oh Frank.

And honestly, Kiki and Dillon are hotter fully clothed - when she's pulling him towards her with his tie - than when his shirt is randomly off.

Just now, HeatLifer said:

Why. Just have Olivia Jerome kidnap her and, oooh!, Sam at the same time. I'm a genius. 

NO KIDNAPPINGS. Lulu can visit crusty dad. Or Lucky. Sam can . . . go salvage a scuba boat.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sorry, that was mean!

...but, you know, not that out of the realm of possibilities.

I know!

................. the looks on DZ's face might be worth it though.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If she truly is in and out, that might work. But I agree she's not necessary.

I'm gonna say Sonny still doesn't pay for his crimes. Oh, he plays the martyr/victim extremely well, but 9/10 times Sonny is found innocent or not directly responsible anyway. 

Which a part of him enjoys. He needs that air to think he is better than everyone. 

• Love 1

Oh my, I do NOT want Lulu's pregnancy to be written in her story.  However, I  expect that will be the Christmas miracle to which coy references have been made. 

And we'll have rainbows and butterflies.  Sorry, my cynicism about too many baby stories - especially Lulu - is coming out.

18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL, Chloe. Fighting that fight that will never be won with some fans. I've tried for like, decades. "But....but...he kills people!" I feel you, girl. Sigh.

Sonny being a mobster doesn't make Nelle drugging him okay, though. At least IMO. If she wants to get back at Sonny for whatever the master plaaaaan is, show some imagination. Go after the bidness somehow. Take the MetroCourt away from Carly. But don't drug someone and pretend to have sex with them. You don't get the moral high ground with that just because your victim is scum.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny being a mobster doesn't make Nelle drugging him okay, though. At least IMO. If she wants to get back at Sonny for whatever the master plaaaaan is, show some imagination. Go after the bidness somehow. Take the MetroCourt away from Carly. But don't drug someone and pretend to have sex with them. You don't get the moral high ground with that just because your victim is scum.

Really wasn't trying to open a debate, lol. I get you. I'm more laughing at the fact that a lot of fans never seemed to care that you know, killing is bad.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL, Chloe. Fighting that fight that will never be won with some fans. I've tried for like, decades. "But....but...he kills people!" I feel you, girl. Sigh.

What is CL even saying? Sonny is a mobster so Nelly should be allowed to do whatever she wants but still be considered "good"? 

Her first mistake was replying to someone who tweeted her to complain about the fictional character she plays. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

What is CL even saying? Sonny is a mobster so Nelly should be allowed to do whatever she wants but still be considered "good"? 

Her first mistake was replying to someone who tweeted her to complain about the fictional character she plays. 

I think she's saying exactly what she typed. He's a killer! Yet fans defend HIM. There are literally replies of "But he kills to protect his family!" 

Which was my overall point that made me laugh. Not that what Nelle did was right...that Sonny is never seen as what he is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"That's why you have a big belly!" So adorable. And I love that they're desperate for a sister.

They can have an exchange program with DZ if it's another boy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2