Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Here's a secret, girls and boys: if you want a phenomenal night - use coconut oil. Coconut oil is phenomenal for any kind of sexual act.

<Checks to make sure this is the GH thread and not a Playboy/Penthouse thread, blinks, backs away from thread>

• Love 4

Yeah, she was shading Bergman who she actively campaigned to be de-coupled from. When JFP put her back with Jack - her most successful pairing - Stafford began moving towards exiting the show.

People give the show grief for the age discrepancy, but I actually think Gina and Peter Bergman are wonderful together and I have no dog in that fight. /OT

• Love 5

One of the things I liked most about GT's Phyllis was her commitment to and adoration of Jack. He returned it in full measure and GT/PB are great scene partners. The only time I liked MSt's Phyllis was when she was paired with Jac; she seemed less insane and more centered.

Of course, I also think GT is a much stronger actress, and she's one of the few OLTL actors I would've liked to see on GH. I'd trade her for RoHo, ME and MSt in a minute - if we could also get a few of our script writers back

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Basically, what I got from it is that now ABC is doing what they did/do on their primetime dramas/soaps.  There are mandated ABC hires.  Matt Cohen is the mandated ABC hire for GH.  Hence why FV/Jelly have no idea what to do with him.  The network is literally giving them legit actors to see if they can make it work.   I really wouldn't be surprised if when GH is eventually cancelled that Matt Cohen is rewarded with a role on another Shondaland show, as she likes to work with the same actors and the cast of HTGAWM genuinely liked him.  Hell, I like the guy.  How can you not?  He basically teased Nathan/Griff, he's made his own backstory for a shit character, and I loved his comment about diversity. 

2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

He suggested Nathan and Griffin as endgame? lol I guess he likes working with Ryan the best. It seemed like he didn't know what to say about Kirsten. 

Nah, he said that she's got spunk and that she's great.  He said that basically he doesn't know what's going to happen at GH.  Everything changes daily.  He didn't find out his character was a priest until last minute (didn't know when he got the part).  So, it confirms that FV/Jelly literally don't know anything about the story at all.  But he wasn't unprofessional or rude about it.  He seemed, imo, to take it in stride, saying that Griffin could be with anyone, Claudette, Maxie, even Nathan.  He seemed to have great things to say about everyone he worked with, but lol did not mention Mo.  I heart Matt Cohen now.  He is not on the worship Maurice train.  Probably because he is talented. 

• Love 3

His take on how Claudette/Griffin happened is a bit odd.  A woman went to a priest to talk about how unhappy she was in her marriage.  The priest counseled her and helped make her better in some way, she was appreciative, so, to celebrate, they fucked? While she was still married?  And he's so very "how could they not?" about it, selling it as the natural outcome of encountering someone who needs help who is then appreciative of the help you give them.  

When he says that he and RP broke a painting and tried their best to mess up the set during the physical confrontation between Nathan and Griffin, all I could picture was Frank muttering "that's coming out of their paychecks."  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 7

Nah, he said that she's got spunk and that she's great. 

Yes, that was the gist of it then he mentioned how she brings her kid to work? Ok... that seemed like he didn't know where else to go with that question compared to the paragraphs he spoke of Ryan and Bree.

14 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

His take on how Claudette/Griffin happened is a bit odd.  A woman went to a priest to talk about how unhappy she was in her marriage.  The priest counseled her and helped make her better in some way, she was appreciative, so, to celebrate, they fucked? While she was still married?  And he's so very "how could they not?" about it, selling it as the natural outcome of encountering someone who needs help who is then appreciative of the help you give them.  

He's got the Jason Thompson make total shit up bug.

6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Yes, that was the gist of it then he mentioned how she brings her kid to work? Ok... that seemed like he didn't know where else to go with that question compared to the paragraphs he spoke of Ryan and Bree.

He probably doesn't have much to say about her but I don't think it's a dislike or anything for her on his part. I can't imagine that this was the best year to meet Kirsten for the first time. It seems like they get along well enough but I imagine  circumstances didn't really give her much energy to overtly bond with the new guy.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think it's a dislike or anything for her on his part.

Yeah, I doubt it's that. He probs just considers her a co-star, which is perfectly fine. And he feels a closer bond with Ryan, Bree, and Fin, for whatever reason.

Just now, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I doubt it's that. He probs just considers her a co-star, which is perfectly fine. And he feels a closer bond with Ryan, Bree, and Fin, for whatever reason.

Hello, it's because if he were married, he and Ryan would be a dangerous dynamic duo! 

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Matt Cohen is the mandated ABC hire for GH.

Interesting he's also recurring on a CBS show.

38 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

He's got to make it make sense for Griffin somehow, and without slamming how dumb the story is. It always cracks me up that actors put thought into a really nutty story outside of "this is what I'm supposed to play, so I'll play it."

The picture of him with his baby was adorable.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Interesting he's also recurring on a CBS show.

He's got to make it make sense for Griffin somehow, and without slamming how dumb the story is. It always cracks me up that actors put thought into a really nutty story outside of "this is what I'm supposed to play, so I'll play it."

The picture of him with his baby was adorable.

The actors are pretty much doing the Choose Your Own Adventure thing as well with GH.  I imagine that Mo has written "Sonny Rulez" all over his script.  Bry Dawg probably just drew pictures on his.   I like to imagine that.  But dear God, someone check on Kelly Monaco.  Is she being told to cry that much as Sam? 

8 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

He didn't find out his character was a priest until last minute

Ha. He should talk to his doctor-on-GH (but not priest) predecessor, JT, and ask him about finding out Patrick had been abusing drugs (for 3 seconds) since Robin "died" while in between scenes.

No wonder so many can't sell this shit when it is LITERALLY made up on the fly...

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

OMG, what a delightful takedown.

But let me see if I’ve got this straight: at some point in the recent past, Susan Hornsby — a character last seen as a child no one cared about 20 years ago — was raped by Kyle Sloane and treated at General Hospital, despite neither of them living in Port Charles at the time.

Dr. Mayes screwed up her rape kit — which was probably the inevitable consequence of having a neurosurgeon doing rape kits — Susan’s case was dropped, and she fell into a catatonic state. As you do.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Wubs has reported in her interview at RoHo's fan event over the weekend, that he spends two days a week in LA to tape GH and then flies back home (New York).  This sounds like the deal that FV refused to give SBu.

2 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Wubs has reported in her interview at RoHo's fan event over the weekend, that he spends two days a week in LA to tape GH and then flies back home (New York).  This sounds like the deal that FV refused to give SBu.

SBu wanted the show to pay to fly him back and forth every week. I highly doubt RoHo asked for or is getting that kind of deal.

2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

SBu wanted the show to pay to fly him back and forth every week. I highly doubt RoHo asked for or is getting that kind of deal.

SBu is paying for his trips back and forth to work at Y&R, so who knows what went down with FV.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

SBu probably also wanted a raise and a TG style vacation.   RoHo seems like he can live off of a shoestring and a pair of pajamas.   Let's compare estimated expenses- SBu probably spends a ton on haircuts and products and shower supplies.  Roger probably is not currently.  But at least now we know why.  Seriously, Roger, stay a day in LA and get a damned haircut.  Frank, give him $20 bucks and send him to Supercuts.  I'll start a GoFundMe. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dr. Mayes screwed up her rape kit — which was probably the inevitable consequence of having a neurosurgeon doing rape kits — Susan’s case was dropped, and she fell into a catatonic state. As you do.

Of course she went catatonic.  It's what the women do.  

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

SBu probably also wanted a raise and a TG style vacation.   RoHo seems like he can live off of a shoestring and a pair of pajamas.   Let's compare estimated expenses- SBu probably spends a ton on haircuts and products and shower supplies.  Roger probably is not currently.  But at least now we know why.  Seriously, Roger, stay a day in LA and get a damned haircut.  Frank, give him $20 bucks and send him to Supercuts.  I'll start a GoFundMe. 

I'm feeling generous, I'll chip in extra so he can hit Sports Clips and get the hot towel and neck massage.  Just cut that shit, Roger.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm feeling generous, I'll chip in extra so he can hit Sports Clips and get the hot towel and neck massage.  Just cut that shit, Roger.  

Ah, I'll add in a few extra bucks too so he can have a relaxing scalp massage as well.   But only if he promises to go back to Lurking Tour 2011 look.  Beard and all.  I'd also consider a GoFundMe to take over the show from Frank, but who has time for that?  We can just makeover one cast member at a time.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Based on FV/Jelly's renewed contracts, I guess RC wasn't fired for the abysmal ratings? 

I'll take TG and Mo threw a massive hissy fit and ABC thought GH was a show about Luke, lovable scamp traveler, and Sonny, lovable mobster/businessman so they gave them what they wanted.   Why do I think this?  Because they are the ones who've been most vocal in insulting RC openly in interviews after and Sonny was very marginalized after RC took over.  It wasn't The Sonny Show.   Why did Luke "pass the baton" to Sonny?  Network mandate so FV could keep his job is my guess.   They just used ratings as an excuse.  Because if it were ratings then Jelly would be bounced out of there like one of BC's car payment checks.  (petty, I know, but we only have so many BC cracks to get in)

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Based on FV/Jelly's renewed contracts, I guess RC wasn't fired for the abysmal ratings? 

I think it was that combined with realizing just how far he could go on Twitter. Ron was a special kind of problem for ABC. 

• Love 3

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/99638/general-hospitals-michael-easton-on-his-six-port-charles-roles-and-the-challenge-of-acting-with-a-lizard/

So many comments that annoy me irrationally:

Although I do have that quirky sensibility in me. [ . . . ] But it certainly wasn’t going to come out when I played John McBain [on One Life to Live and later on GH]. There was no room for that. When you’re a cop, your world is all about lives on the line, and heartache and tragedy. McBain was never going to be the funny guy, the soap guy, the guy who answers the door wearing nothing but a towel.

Yes, because doctors never deal with lives on the line.

Why did you get the boot as Silas Clay?
I truly don’t know. I’m not involved in what goes on behind the scenes. I’ve never had a meeting with [executive producer] Frank Valentini. And I never had a meeting with [former head writer] Ron Carlivati.

Really? No guess whatsoever? And no, no meetings with Valentini, just cute videos with him!

The only character I ever had a problem with was Silas, and that became more of a policy thing about not being able to adjust the script. It was, literally, “Here are the lines. Here are the stage directions for the scene. Do it exactly this way.” It was too specific and very limiting, and I think it showed. Maybe it wasn’t limiting for the other actors, but I didn’t feel my performance was inspired. It wasn’t free and in the moment,

No shit! What did he think was in the other actors' scripts? 

Although maybe that's shade at MB, who is well-known for not liking ad-libbing.

Give me good material and I will do a good job, but if it takes more than that to survive—if I have to finesse squeaky wheels—I am fine moving on to something else. 

Yes, it's quite noticeable if he doesn't get good material, he doesn't make any effort.

Then, to make things even screwier during the Prospect Park debacle, you were no longer allowed to play McBain so you were suddenly Stephen’s brother, Silas Clay. But how could Silas be a brother to someone who—given the morgue worker twist—might not exist?
That was all a bit lazy, but I don’t think anyone was to blame. That whole Prospect Park thing was difficult and it was a lot to ask of any writer to make it work. Three actors were suddenly recast as new people and only Roger Howarth survived it.

Hmm, seems like more confirmation that KA was low-balled. She seems content in Philadelphia but GH offering her something crappy probably gave her the extra incentive to leave.

Another great thing about this go-round is that Jean and Shelly told me up front, “We have no idea who we’ll put you with romantically.” That hit me in the right place. I don’t like it when producers or writers say, “We are teaming you with so-and-so, and you two will be the next supercouple.” They don’t get to decide that. They don’t even get a say. The audience decides. But, yeah, so far it seems to be working well with Rebecca Budig, who is so wonderful. She has so much nuance, so many layers to her work.

Yeeeeah. JP and SA had no idea who they were putting Finn with because they wanted to be spontaneous! That's totally it.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Give me good material and I will do a good job, but if it takes more than that to survive—if I have to finesse squeaky wheels—I am fine moving on to something else. 

Yes, it's quite noticeable if he doesn't get good material, he doesn't make any effort.

That's not how I interpreted his answer. I took him to mean that he's not going to go to the writers and ask for a different story. He wants good material, but if he doesn't get it, he's fine with walking away. Hence his lack of concern when Silas was killed off. He wasn't happy with what he had to do, so he was fine with leaving.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The only character I ever had a problem with was Silas, and that became more of a policy thing about not being able to adjust the script. It was, literally, “Here are the lines. Here are the stage directions for the scene. Do it exactly this way.” It was too specific and very limiting, and I think it showed.

So, if that wasn't happening at OLTL, and it is presumably no longer an issue - who was the micromanaging script writer?

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He wasn't happy with what he had to do, so he was fine with leaving.

Except he came right back

Wow, co-signing your irritation.  So everyone was to blame for Silas being a disaster EXCEPT him.  Suuure.

That said, I do think JP/SA weren't 100% sure on who they were going to pair him with.  They definitely seemed to be chem testing him with Carly at first and then they veered to Rebecca Budig.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He wasn't happy with what he had to do, so he was fine with leaving.

Except he came right back

With a different character and new writers. So far he seems satisfied, but it also sounds as if he won't be gutted if his contract isn't renewed. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's not how I interpreted his answer. I took him to mean that he's not going to go to the writers and ask for a different story. He wants good material, but if he doesn't get it, he's fine with walking away. Hence his lack of concern when Silas was killed off. He wasn't happy with what he had to do, so he was fine with leaving.

I do agree I think that's how he meant it, but the way it came out sounded like "if it's not good I'm not gonna try to finesse something better out of it."

To be fair to him, he's hardly the only one.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree with you.  I definitely agreed with his statement that Silas was not how he wanted to be remembered.  It was, imo, a polite and professional way to say that he disliked the character and material.  I interpreted it as him saying that he didn't stress over small things, which is psychologically healthy.  He's a parent now, and that's a good thing.  Good for him tbh.  I also liked that he disregards that Caleb Morley didn't exist because it makes PC fans happy.  ME seems like a decent guy.  And let's be honest, you can't spin crap into gold.  I also enjoyed his comment about not wanting to be pushed into part of a supercouple because those forced pairings never work. 

• Love 6

I thought the interview was actually fine, and I often found many of ME's past interviews (especially at OLTL) vaguely passive-aggressive about his terrible stories and role and its effect on other characters and performers. But again, I do like Finn.

He does back up two things here: One, Tony Geary's claim that Ron's scripts were micromanaged within an inch of their lives, and two, the claim re: Prospect Park that GH refused to coordinate any story with OLTL 2.0.

As for Kristen, lol, another soap star falls into the real estate k-hole. I guess it's good she's found something else, though. Go back to school!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, backhometome said:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/gh-general-hospital-oltl-one-life-to-live-kristen-alderson-acting-real-estate-115495/photos/kristen-alderson-costars-03-195465

Looks like KA has a new career choice. Smart of her to do this. She wasnt getting anywhere with her acting. 

No shade here; she's found something else to do with her life, and with I'm sure YEARS worth of money between both OLTL and GH saved up, she can afford to do this.

Would it be smart to go to college? Yes, but this isn't bad either.

And I still have a soft spot for from my pre-teen days of watching her as a kid on OLTL, so I can never completely dislike her. :)

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, UYI said:

Would it be smart to go to college? Yes, but this isn't bad either.

I can't get too snarky here. College is probably better, but if she wants to be able to audition, getting a real estate license is a more flexible option at the moment.

• Love 4

Someone summed up the LW interview in SOD:

on BC leaving: They are sad but happy for him. Major tragedy for House Corinthii coming.

LW doesn't think Nelle is Carly's daughter (LW:wouldn't Carly know if she had a kid? She says she has no idea if that's where they are going but she thinks Carly would know if she had a child) Thinks she has been so nice to her b/c she is not competition.

Carly's issues with other women has always been competition.

She says Carly has become friends with Nina b/c she has sympathy for her, Nina has no friends and was fragile. But OTOH, Carly has never seen Elizabeth vulnerable, except around Joss's kidney but other than that they stay with bitchy moments. (me: not true but ok, lol)

Re: Sam she loves that relationship, makes sense now all the pieces of the puzzle are different. Carly is just older and she knows Sonny doesn't want to mess around with Sam again.

Whaaaa? I don't think Carly has worried about Sonny possibly hooking up with Sam since, you know, it actually happened.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She says Carly has become friends with Nina b/c she has sympathy for her, Nina has no friends and was fragile. But OTOH, Carly has never seen Elizabeth vulnerable, except around Joss's kidney but other than that they stay with bitchy moments. (me: not true but ok, lol)

I concur.  Carly would not have sympathy for Nina regardless, but especially not given her relationship with Franco and her role in Avery's abduction.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Someone summed up the LW interview in SOD:

on BC leaving: They are sad but happy for him. Major tragedy for House Corinthii coming.

LW doesn't think Nelle is Carly's daughter (LW:wouldn't Carly know if she had a kid? She says she has no idea if that's where they are going but she thinks Carly would know if she had a child) Thinks she has been so nice to her b/c she is not competition.

Carly's issues with other women has always been competition.

Re: Sam she loves that relationship, makes sense now all the pieces of the puzzle are different. Carly is just older and she knows Sonny doesn't want to mess around with Sam again.

Whaaaa? I don't think Carly has worried about Sonny possibly hooking up with Sam since, you know, it actually happened.

Let's be real here:  Carly is jealous of Sam hooking up with Jason and not only managing to have a relationship with him, but marry him and bear his spawn.   Also, I'm pretty sure my theory of "Nelle is an AJ daughter" will come to fruition because of the following equation:

GH= girlchild is bad, also AJ= bad (and fat) therefore Girlchild must be relative to AJ, which will be bad for the Corinthos family.  It seems weird, but there's the other logical fallacy of *reasons, Helena.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Seriously. That relationship ended really quickly. It's barely mentioned by anyone. Carly's issues with Sam are all Jason-based, as are her problems with Elizabeth. And Robin. The only competition for Sonny that Carly has is Brenda.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. That relationship ended really quickly. It's barely mentioned by anyone. Carly's issues with Sam are all Jason-based, as are her problems with Elizabeth. And Robin. The only competition for Sonny that Carly has is Brenda.

That's not even a competition tbh.  I loathe Sonny, but I'll admit that Sonny/Brenda have an "it" factor and make sense in a way that Sonny/Carly don't. 

• Love 1

Well well well. Look who's leaving Y&R:

Steve Burton ‏@1SteveBurton 3m3 minutes ago
Hey everyone, with lots of reflection, I have decided to move on from @YandR_CBS at the end of my contract in Dec.

• Love 1