Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

That was actually the reason I was never into Sonny/Brenda despite their chemistry - he grossed me out

They had good writing, admittedly great chemistry and a much stronger show - Franco has no chance

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Amen to that. I never understood why any woman, outside of the Carly and Faith types wanted to stay with him. Even Lily had her fill of him near the end. She understood the life, since she had been born in it. But she really didn't want it. Which was why I always thought that she would end up with the hot detective who was into her. 

Nope, the only women who can tolerate Sonny's crap long term are power hungry types : Carly, Faith and Claudia types. 

Franco is screwed even more so, due only to the fact that the writing is even worse nowadays. Sonny has killed or is responsible for murders, just like Jason and Franco. Probably more than Franco and Jason. He has been doing it longer. He just lacks the annoying artistic flair Franco's murder spree had. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, stlbf said:

Meh. Sonny has always been a sleazy asshat. He joined the show as a sleazy "adult" lounge owner. He dealt drugs to clients of any age. He had a teen Stone doing shady shit for him. And manipulated a troubled teen Karen Wexler(smart girl,  a drunk for a mother and was being sexually abused by her mother's long time scumbag boyfriend) into dancing at his club. Giving her drugs/alcohol to get her to work and sleep with him. He was pretty obsessed with trying to control her. When she tried to end things with him, he put a damn hit out on her and Jagger.

And when Scott found out about Karen, he was horrified by her childhood. Her mother never told him that she was pregnant.  And so what does Sonny do? He blames Scott for all of Karen's bad childhood and teens. He did it for YEARS.  He would throw Karen's childhood and abuse in Scott's face every chance he got. 

The man is scum. Brenda wanted Sonny to be a better man. But he would rather have power. Sonny was and always has been a user of people. Women in particular. I don't understand why people in PC just don't randomly shout "Karen Wexler, remember what you did to her, asshole! I haven't forgotten, mother f@€ker!" whenever that asshat starts lecturing on right and wrong, good and evil or how about anything?

I would love to have Scotty get pissed at some sweet father daughter public scene with Scummy and Kristina.  Just have Scott publicly call Scummy out for what he did to Karen. And make sure that Kristina (and Molly and Joss) hear every single detail. Hard to put a positive spin on Sonny's time with Karen. 

Edward did! Especially after Sonny got Justus killed and he confronted him at his house. Sonny then choked him with his tie and no Edward never got to get even with him for that, nor was Sonny sorry for it. I have been saying for years that Scotty should be mighty pissed that Sonny now has 5 children (4 biological, while he stole the only biological descendent of AJ and Monica) and one grandchild, while he has only Christina (that he probably would share with Kevin and Frank, who is her bio dad) and Serena. Rubs salt in the wounds that Karen was a far more worthwhile person who would have been incredibly successful professionally, and hopefully personally, but ended up being killed.

• Love 5

Re: the Michael Logan/Maurice Benard interview.  I got my print TV Guide yesterday (yes, I'm one of those weirdos) and the summary ulkis posted pretty much sums it up, though I suspect there'll be a longer version released online soon.

But below the interview is a Sonny timeline in which they mention Sonny killing AJ.  Maurice Benard calls it the worst thing Sonny's ever done, but Michael Logan/the magazine then writes something like, Oh no, the worst thing was banging Ava IN A CRYPT.  I mean, yeah, that wasn't great, but Sonny killing AJ is hands-down the worst thing he ever did, c'mon TV Guide.

As for his comments about not being able to please everyone, I feel him because, especially nowadays, it is impossible to please all soap fans who are segmented to stan one character, one couple, etc..  But the problem with Sonny is that the show seems to only want to please the fans that like/stan Sonny and the rest of us can go kick rocks, I guess.  Where's the balance?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

I can't get over Mo, with, presumably, a straight face, talking about how Julian is a psychopath who would slit Sonny's throat if given a chance.  Thank God Sonny isn't like that, right, Mo?  It's not like Sonny killed an unarmed man after jonesing for a reason to kill him even though he promised his son he'd leave him alone.  I mean, that would make him right in that same league, right?  So thank God Sonny never did anything like that.  Or, you know, shot an unarmed cop in the chest at point blank range.  Nope, not our patron saint, Sonny.  

• Love 17

Sonny has always been a sleazy asshat.

I mean, yeah, lol. I can't argue with this. He's done crappy, shady bs from the beginning. It's true.

But, and there will always be a but here for me, I DO think the writing and the acting in the mid/late '90s was substantially better and Sonny was just fleshed out more. I understood then why he was popular and loved. They surrounded him with characters who made him HUMAN in a way in the midst of all the shit he did. Brenda, Lily, Stone, Robin, Jason, Mike, Luke, etc. The bonds he had with them were strong and it made the viewer want to care.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

As for his comments about not being able to please everyone, I feel him because, especially nowadays, it is impossible to please all soap fans who are segmented to stan one character, one couple, etc..  But the problem with Sonny is that the show seems to only want to please the fans that like/stan Sonny and the rest of us can go kick rocks, I guess.

Yeah, and I like that MB admits that stuff gets glossed over that should be dealt with more, like whether Sonny really would be peachy keen with Kristina being bi or gay. That's exactly the stuff soaps should be doing, not giving us endless scenes of a serial killer whining about how nobody loves him and guess he'll go eat worms.

The business about not finding a viable opponent for Sonny is ridiculous. If they'd let Sonny lose every once in a while, you'd have a viable opponent. But Sonny never loses, so nobody cares.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But below the interview is a Sonny timeline in which they mention Sonny killing AJ.  Maurice Benard calls it the worst thing Sonny's ever done, but Michael Logan/the magazine then writes something like, Oh no, the worst thing was banging Ava IN A CRYPT.  I mean, yeah, that wasn't great, but Sonny killing AJ is hands-down the worst thing he ever did, c'mon TV Guide.

Well, good on MB for recognizing it.  It was a 'crossing the Rubicon' moment for me; I cordially despised Sonny before then, but I can't even look at him now. I do not blame MB for wanting RC fired; it was tacky to celebrate it the way he did but I don't blame him for being happy about it

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

From the interview:

Why doesn’t Sonny just eliminate [Julian]?

Well, he probably should, but you can’t be making idle threats. [Laughs] You gotta do it! How many times can you say “I’m gonna take you out!” and still be saying it to the same guy two years later? You have to follow through, otherwise you look like a fool.

Sonny never follows through, that's part of the problem.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

As for his comments about not being able to please everyone, I feel him because, especially nowadays, it is impossible to please all soap fans who are segmented to stan one character, one couple, etc..  But the problem with Sonny is that the show seems to only want to please the fans that like/stan Sonny and the rest of us can go kick rocks, I guess.  Where's the balance?

I agree, your last sentence, but also, especially in comparison to 10 years ago, there are not that many Sonny stans left. Now, do I think the rest of the audience automatically hate anything he does? No, but for instance, I saw tons of people who like Sonny commenting on how absurd it was that he was proclaiming how bad Julian was. You can't have Sonny as an arbiter of justice. You just. Can't. It makes no sense and it is ri-freaking-diculous.

3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I can't get over Mo, with, presumably, a straight face, talking about how Julian is a psychopath who would slit Sonny's throat if given a chance.  Thank God Sonny isn't like that, right, Mo?  It's not like Sonny killed an unarmed man after jonesing for a reason to kill him even though he promised his son he'd leave him alone.  I mean, that would make him right in that same league, right?  So thank God Sonny never did anything like that.  Or, you know, shot an unarmed cop in the chest at point blank range.  Nope, not our patron saint, Sonny.  

When I was going through the transcripts, this scene popped up:

Sonny: Dominic's a cop. That makes this problematic.

Jason: This has to be an accident.

Sonny: You got any ideas?

Jason: Yeah, there's a hairpin turn out on Harbor View Road. If I take out his tire at the right time, the car goes off the cliff into the lake. Dominic's not going to survive that.

Sonny: Sounds great, but I don't want you taking the shot.

Jason: But we need to make sure it's done right.

Sonny: Okay, none of this can be traced back to us. So here's what's going to happen. You're going to go to the christening, right? That's your alibi. I'm going to call Dominic. I'm going to set up a meeting. And he's going to go on an errand, and that's where he's going to have his accident. I'm going to go to the christening, right? Cops are going to show up, I don't know how much later, with the sad news of Dominic's death.

Jason: Okay, well, I have a sniper.

Sonny: Yeah.

Jason: But, Sonny, this is a one-shot deal. I think we need to have a back-up plan in place.

Sonny: If Dominic shows up at the christening, we're just going to have to improvise. Fatal accidents happen anywhere. Even in church.

Me: WTF They're evil!!!!

And for me even though AJ died Dante's shooting was worse because he was so cold-blooded about it. "That part about him falling off a cliff sounds FANTASTIC, but I really don't want us to get caught for this evil thing we're planning. Let's think of a plan B. But if we can't, we can still shoot him in church! You have a sniper! wooooo." And yes, it makes me want to write a story where Dante hops into a time machine and overhears all this bullshit and he realizes he's an IDIOT for giving Sonny the time of day.

I think probably what he did to Karen was the other worst thing he's done, but my own Rubicon for Sonny was probably somewhere around Soily. Just a total creep.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

ETA Aaaand I'm reading the interview and here it is

How do you respond to the fans who say Sonny never pays?

I think he has paid. A lot. Maybe not by being behind bars, but he has suffered a lot of personal loss because of what he does for a living. People very close to him have died or very nearly died. I still get flack that Sonny shot his own son, Dante, through the chest. But Sonny didn’t know Dante was his kid at that point. And Dante was a rat!

Dude, you "still" get flack because Sonny TRIED TO KILL him. When someone tries to kill someone, they tend to get flack about it, you know, for ALWAYS.

And doesn't matter that Sonny didn't know it was his son. Or that he was a "rat". He tried to kill a decent person. Sonny was forwarned, he could have hopped into a plane and left the country for a little while.

ALSO, it didn't help that Sonny said he felt bad for it, but he didn't actually show that at all?!?!?! See the above "Accidents can always happen, even in church." That's not what someone says when they feel even REMOTELY bad about what they "have" to do!!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry for all the caps and italics. It's just such a logic fail, I can't help it.

But okay then he says this

"But I can see why some people feel my character never pays. Sonny should be in prison. Actually, he should be dead."

I am slightly mollified I suppose lol.

ETA to write italics around the word have.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 14

Jason: Yeah, there's a hairpin turn out on Harbor View Road. If I take out his tire at the right time, the car goes off the cliff into the lake. Dominic's not going to survive that.

Fans fight over this character.....

You know, back when I started on GH and Sonny was running a club with underage strippers and supplying drugs, the role was only supposed to last six months. Then I agreed to a year. At the end of that deal, I had decided that I really liked being at GH, and really liked the people, so I wanted to stay—but how the hell could I do that when Sonny kept doing these horrible things? It was then I realized that I would have to start playing up his personal pain if I wanted to have a long run.

Yup. Basically what I always knew and why Sonny worked after that until the '00s.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Edward did! Especially after Sonny got Justus killed and he confronted him at his house. Sonny then choked him with his tie and no Edward never got to get even with him for that, nor was Sonny sorry for it. I have been saying for years that Scotty should be mighty pissed that Sonny now has 5 children (4 biological, while he stole the only biological descendent of AJ and Monica) and one grandchild, while he has only Christina (that he probably would share with Kevin and Frank, who is her bio dad) and Serena. Rubs salt in the wounds that Karen was a far more worthwhile person who would have been incredibly successful professionally, and hopefully personally, but ended up being killed.

If this show had even decent writers, I would demand to have Scott (and perhaps even Lucy and Kevin supporting him) tell Kristina, Molly and Joss all about the lovely way there beloved Daddy/Uncle treated girls and women. Even Carly can't defend Sonny on that. He paid to put a HIT OUT ON TEENAGE GIRL AND HER BOYFRIEND . All because Karen finally was brave enough to quit his business, the drugs and being his side piece. 

I know that Sonny isn't going ever really pay for any shit that he does. He was fucking pardoned for MURDERING a Quartermaine after a few weeks in prison. But it would be nice to see that shiny glow out of the females of his family's eyes when it comes to him. Try explaining what you did to a troubled abused teenage girl. Getting her on your drugs. And have their disgust last a hell of a lot longer than Michael's 6 months of Sonny anger.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

ETA Aaaand I'm reading the interview and here it is

How do you respond to the fans who say Sonny never pays?

I think he has paid. A lot. Maybe not by being behind bars, but he has suffered a lot of personal loss because of what he does for a living. People very close to him have died or very nearly died. I still get flack that Sonny shot his own son, Dante, through the chest. But Sonny didn’t know Dante was his kid at that point. And Dante was a rat!

I think if the show wrote it like that, that even Sonny is aware he's walking garbage, it would go down less like bitter medicine with the audience. And if I squint really hard, I think he's got at least a couple of levels of self-loathing about Brenda and maybe Dante. Because everyone keeps telling him he's a good man, it shores up the shaky walls of his self-image, and that's why he's always throwing tantrums, not to mention barware, to try and prove how insignificant he's not.

This is a soap, as so many other posters have said, and if people stopped interacting with the folks who'd done shady shit, there'd be no show. Even the people who aren't out and out killers and criminals have long checkered pasts, and viewers have longer memories. But Sonny's really the one who started it, and yet none of the characters are allowed to make note of it.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I think if the show wrote it like that, that even Sonny is aware he's walking garbage, it would go down less like bitter medicine with the audience.

I could deal with Sonny being unwilling to acknowledge he's garbage if other people on the show were allowed to and not be mocked/harangued for it. It's ridiculous that no one can think badly of the thuggish mob boss who's made it impossible to have any sort of gathering without a gunfight breaking out.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I could deal with Sonny being unwilling to acknowledge he's garbage if other people on the show were allowed to and not be mocked/harangued for it. It's ridiculous that no one can think badly of the thuggish mob boss who's made it impossible to have any sort of gathering without a gunfight breaking out.

Or people lining up to tell Julian, "sure Sonny does x but it's not the same as when you do x because Sonny is good at his core" or whatever. NO. It's absurd. Stop. And I say this as someone who hates Julian.

• Love 11

The man says this shit, but when I factually repeated Sonny's history to him on twitter and called him out for Sonny murdering AJ specifically he blocked me.  So fuck him.  Seriously. Fuck you, Maurice.   I watched him tell off fans asking him about AJ, Ted King, etc.  So his words are meaningless to me as he spits forth media spins on his terrible acting as a disgusting character that's ruined the last soap I like left over.  

• Love 4

As a related note, that's why it has always bothered me when even in places that are generally anti-Sonny, as God intended, people hold Ava responsible for AJ getting killed. Because of course good man Sonny would never do anything like shoot an unarmed man......except for the times when he does. Hi, Dante. For all of Sonny's (and Mo's, come to that) slobbering about how he'd never do X or Y, Ava did not wrap her hand around his and force him to pull that trigger, messing with his meds be damned, He's either responsible for all of his actions or none of them.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

As a related note, that's why it has always bothered me when even in places that are generally anti-Sonny, as God intended, people hold Ava responsible for AJ getting killed. Because of course good man Sonny would never do anything like shoot an unarmed man......except for the times when he does. Hi, Dante. For all of Sonny's (and Mo's, come to that) slobbering about how he'd never do X or Y, Ava did not wrap her hand around his and force him to pull that trigger, messing with his meds be damned, He's either responsible for all of his actions or none of them.

I think they're both responsible. I loathe them both and I hope their idiot shenanigans get their Crypt!Baby blown up

OR they believe their idiot shenanigans have gotten their Crypt!Baby blown up but Nina kidnaps her, leaves PC forever and neither of them is ever seen again

• Love 6

MB does look good in that picture though. And I kinda appreciate him trying to make it sound like WdV is a good actor who can turn in a performance that makes his character come across as threatening. I don't buy it, but it's nice of him to try.

• Love 2

Maurice is inconsistent as always in that interview, but he's also pretty honest about Sonny being a paper tiger and the stories being stuck. And I do think he played a level of shame or at least humility about the A.J. situation with Michael in the last couple years that the writing never bothered with. I think he sees it both ways because his ego is so enmeshed with Sonny, but I think he's old enough now that he's seemingly a lot more relaxed about talking about where Sonny has become a joke or tiresome in a lot of ways. He's not really wrong here, in particular:

For a guy who is GH’s No. 1 star, you sure get a lot of gripes!
I’ve heard all the audience criticism: “Sonny never pays for his crimes! They’re trying to make him a saint! Sonny has too many kids!” Hey, you can’t please everybody and maybe some of that is true. There are times when I pick up a script and just know I’m gonna get crucified. [In superhero voice] “Here comes Sonny to save the day!”

Give us some examples. When do you think the show went too far to make Sonny a hero?
Oh, like when he went to jail for murder but got pardoned because he saved the governor’s daughter. I’m sorry they did that. It would have been interesting to see Sonny in prison, having to deal with people cutting him down to size. I’d like to know what he’d do if he was truly stripped of his power.

But they’ve disempowered him in other ways, no? Like with his bipolar disorder, and when he was paralyzed in that wheelchair.
And then he hopped out of the wheelchair and attacked the gunman who was holding everybody hostage at the [Alexis-Julian] wedding. [Laughs] Then I knew for sure that we had gone too far. But lately it’s been…fine.

He gets a lot of it but the press and the writing enables it, and he goes with it. He's also right that putting Sonny back with Carly is just rote and filling space. But no, dude, you should not be getting another hot new love interest. It's not 2003 anymore.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As long as you walk up 11 stories, that is.

16 stories, in a blackout, in mid-summer.

16! What's the landing where you decide that you might as well keep going up?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

When you know Jason's Perfect Dick is waiting?

She didn't even know, she did 16 floors based purely on optimism and faith in the gospel of St Jasus! She was just hoping it would be worth it.

I think I'd have quit after 7 floors

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Maurice is inconsistent as always in that interview, but he's also pretty honest about Sonny being a paper tiger and the stories being stuck. And I do think he played a level of shame or at least humility about the A.J. situation with Michael in the last couple years that the writing never bothered with. I think he sees it both ways because his ego is so enmeshed with Sonny, but I think he's old enough now that he's seemingly a lot more relaxed about talking about where Sonny has become a joke or tiresome in a lot of ways. He's not really wrong here, in particular:

He gets a lot of it but the press and the writing enables it, and he goes with it. He's also right that putting Sonny back with Carly is just rote and filling space. But no, dude, you should not be getting another hot new love interest. It's not 2003 anymore.

Michael Logan was really pushing him there. I some people speculate that maybe he holds a bit of a grudge with Laura Wright because of the two little twitter tiffs they've had. 

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd have quit after three. No one is that good, not even Jason. Heck, he wasn't even the best Liz had ever had!

I was gonna say 4, but 7 felt aspirational - Yay, Cardio!

1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Give us some examples. When do you think the show went too far to make Sonny a hero?
Oh, like when he went to jail for murder but got pardoned because he saved the governor’s daughter. I’m sorry they did that. It would have been interesting to see Sonny in prison, having to deal with people cutting him down to size. I’d like to know what he’d do if he was truly stripped of his power.

Sonny, making choices about his life post-jail could've provided really good material for MB.

RC had already shat the bed, instead of just straightening the sheets and continuing the terribleness, TIIC could've dumped the last 2 years of RC's stories - just do an AJ in the shower and pick up with Sonny getting out of jail

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I was gonna say 4, but 7 felt aspirational - Yay, Cardio!

Hee. I'm a lazy slob.

11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Sonny, making choices about his life post-jail could've provided really good material for MB.

I know. And it could be interesting to see how a non-mob Sonny is seen by family and others. Oh, well.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, stlbf said:

If this show had even decent writers, I would demand to have Scott (and perhaps even Lucy and Kevin supporting him) tell Kristina, Molly and Joss all about the lovely way there beloved Daddy/Uncle treated girls and women. Even Carly can't defend Sonny on that. He paid to put a HIT OUT ON TEENAGE GIRL AND HER BOYFRIEND . All because Karen finally was brave enough to quit his business, the drugs and being his side piece. 

I know that Sonny isn't going ever really pay for any shit that he does. He was fucking pardoned for MURDERING a Quartermaine after a few weeks in prison. But it would be nice to see that shiny glow out of the females of his family's eyes when it comes to him. Try explaining what you did to a troubled abused teenage girl. Getting her on your drugs. And have their disgust last a hell of a lot longer than Michael's 6 months of Sonny anger.

These girls and their brothers/cousins need to get their heads around the fact that Sonny Corinthos does not live by a code, and he never has.  He clawed his way to power by using, abusing and exploiting powerless young woman.  He is no better than the dirty filthy pimps found on any street corner.  Sonny was just a REALLY good pimp.

• Love 4

oh there's nothing more than that. Just when ML tweeted two summers ago that Franco HAD to go and LW tweeted back "not cool" and when ML said it was stupid to give a nomination to every show and LW tweeted back everyone should support the shows, and some people were saying maybe he was kinda dissing Carly/Sonny in the interview because of that.

• Love 1

The other thing is that he's honestly not wrong about Sonny and the mob and how to depict the world. While Guza often lionized the mob, he also - more and more in later years, with the advent of cable - pushed the darker elements, pushed the envelope in how to depict that stuff on daytime. He never was able or willing to reconcile how he and the show pitched Sonny and Jason as romantic heroes with the flipside he seemed to revel more and more in showing, with their being criminals dealing in matter-of-fact murder. When he wrote scenes like the one ulkis quoted that's as real as it gets, Maurice is right about that. And they were not badly written! It's just that the moral compass of the show remained skewed to still root for them. It wanted to be raw and dark but it never followed through on the complete circuit those scenes so often offered.

Neither Frank nor Ron Carlivati have or had any interest in that, so they just pretend Sonny is the 'good mobster with the dimples' and it's very shallow and somehow worse to me, which I've discussed before. And I think that's part of what he's saying.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think these writers have any idea what to do with Sonny

True, but I don't think they know what to do with anyone except freaking Franco, Nina, and Finn.

I do think for that very reason they will be eventually tempted into breaking up Carson. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they know what to do with anyone except freaking Franco, Nina, and Finn.

And even those characters are flailing. Franco is creepily stalking Liz, Nina has baby rabies (again), and Finn is trying to cure his mysterious disease alone.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And even those characters are flailing. Franco is creepily stalking Liz, Nina has baby rabies (again), and Finn is trying to cure his mysterious disease alone.

Well, the only one who fix Dr Finn McBain is..... Dr. Finn McBain.  Much like other great TV doctors like Dr Derek Shepard and Dr Drake Ramoray. 

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think these writers have any idea what to do with Sonny

They should've had Michael sue him and Carly for everything they had.  But starting small, not making him a god could work.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

What would work is if a younger male character who is just like Sonny from back in the day rolled in to town and started messing with Kristina or Molly or a SORAS'd Joss.  Sonny is forced to come face to face with what he did and what he was really like.

But with the shit writing on this show, we'd just have Sonny come to the rescue in some ridiculous way and then pompously lecture the other character on how we would NEVER abuse or mistreat a young lady like that and even more of the audience would tune out in disgust.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:

What would work is if a younger male character who is just like Sonny from back in the day rolled in to town and started messing with Kristina or Molly or a SORAS'd Joss.  Sonny is forced to come face to face with what he did and what he was really like.

But with the shit writing on this show, we'd just have Sonny come to the rescue in some ridiculous way and then pompously lecture the other character on how we would NEVER abuse or mistreat a young lady like that and even more of the audience would tune out in disgust.

That would be lovely too. But I honestly do want Scott rip Sonny a new asshole, in public, and remind everyone what a slimeball he is. But, the only way that happens is if ABC decides on a wholesale change on TFGH.  Writers and producers. And the new direction for the show. One where criminals are NOT TREATED LIKE HEROES. Soooooooooooo, not anytime soon. I get bad boys. I get antiheroes. But it pisses me off that this show elevates lowlife criminals and makes utter fools of the police force, officials, government agencies and soldiers. Criminals always win. The police and law enforcement are always stupid or corrupt.  Sonny has to win. He never really loses anything. He is rarely ever called out on his douchebag ways. And I'm sorry, Molly should not be so enamored of her uncle. Neither should Joss. No fucking way Jax's child ever calls Sonny, "Uncle". Much less live with him. But hey, Sonny always wins.

• Love 7