Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Nope, not a myth. I saw it all on twitter. It went down like:

High school junior or senior tweeted Ron a picture of James Franco by side with Roger Howarth and some snarky caption.  

Ron responded, and they engaged in a twitter fight.

The fight got really nasty, and the kid made some incendiary, even over-the-line, comments.

Rather than reporting him to twitter or just blocking him (because that's just for dissenters who hit a little too close to home), Ron figured out from the kid's timeline what town he lived in, and ergo what high school he must have gone to, and called his principal.

Ron tried to defend himself by saying he was justified. And I have a recollection of Ron then trying to say, once twitter went all twitter on him,* that he was trying to 'help' the kid. '

*If you don't know what I mean by that, think of the flack NLG got for her emmy night tweet.

Looking back, that was probably what set the ball rolling for Ron's eventual dismissal (Well, that and the ratings getting lower and lower. But I think even these particular DGAF execs at ABC Daytime now HAD to have noticed something like this.). 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Looking back, that was probably what set the ball rolling for Ron's eventual dismissal (Well, that and the ratings getting lower and lower. But I think even these particular DGAF execs at ABC Daytime now HAD to have noticed something like this.). 

Varni definitely took note of, and was at least mildly annoyed by, Ron's twitter behavior.  I think they thought of him more as a whiny headache. Like an annoying child sitting in the backseat who won't stop engaging with his sibling. They didn't care who started it first or what the squabble was about.

• Love 3

Somewhat GH related:

Prince has died. Vanessa Marcil was one of his closest friends, and appeared in the video for his song "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World"--which may have been written about her.

She's got to be devastated right now. :'( 

• Love 1

568895f5-840c-4b42-97a6-c1248dd1b709_zps

This does not quite capture the moment of the woman sitting typing, hearing Bryan come in, stare hard for a couple of seconds trying to figure out what's going on, and then turn back to whatever she's doing (I wouldn't put it up actually if her face weren't blurry, although I assume if she cared she would tell Bryan to put down the phone)

It's from Bryan's snapchat, which he invited everyone to look at :)

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  3h3 hours ago
Go follow me on snapchat: bryan_craig      Its a good time

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

It was one thing when they stopped broadcasting the SOD Awards, but not broadcasting the Daytime Emmys, even with a live stream? That's just sad.

And for the record, I'm 27, but I've always loved the Daytime Emmys--I watched my first one at 12 in 2001 (two years after Lucci's win, but still). Even when I was on hiatus from the soaps I enjoyed watching them, even if they got worse after 2008. Last year's were actually pretty good. :( 

• Love 3

I just found out that LW and her husband separated/divorced; apparently it was announced a week or two ago and I missed it. I'll be honest, I'm shocked, because I think they've known each other since high school back in Maryland (301 represent!).

• Love 1

LOL how Minae and Kent don't know what kind of doctor Robin was. 

Women's friendships have gone down dramatically since then. What group would have a GNO these days? When Molly turns 21, the Davis Coven could, but they're the only group of more than two I can think of.

• Love 6

I still can't stop laughing at Minae being offended that JT didn't use tongue with her. That line "at first I thought he respected me..." Lolololol.

I feel like even if they did try to recreate GNO with a bunch of characters, it wouldn't be the same. There was something about that time of the show that was just....exciting. I don't know why.

• Love 5

Via Twitter, Frank is threatening...I mean, promising...a fun announcement this afternoon.  Which 1) probably won't be this afternoon because he always preannounces an announcement and then forgets about it for two days and 2) probably won't be fun.

• Love 3

Seriously!  If you've got something to say, just say it!

Considering the last "fun announcement" was the return of Michael Easton, it'll probably be a video of him and Kristen Alderson in a dry cleaners.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Via Twitter, Frank is threatening...I mean, promising...a fun announcement this afternoon.  Which 1) probably won't be this afternoon because he always preannounces an announcement and then forgets about it for two days and 2) probably won't be fun.

Dammit.   We need more characters killed off, not more added on.